HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

A year from now...

Old
10-29-2012, 11:57 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant le colon View Post
Well Sandy came by and say let's wash up our team

Gionta Couturier Cole
Pacioretty Desharnais Galchenyuk
Armstrong Burish Bourque
Prust White Moen
Gomez Nokelainen

Markov Mezaros
Emelin Boyle
Bouillon Gorges
St-Denis Diaz

https://twitter.com/HabsCoachK/statu...76826069110784

P.K. Subban , Lars Eller, Yannick Weber MTL 1st 2013
vs
Sean Couturier Andrej Meszaros PHI 1st 2013

Plekanec Kaberle Palushaj PHI 1st 2013
vs
Dan Boyle Adam Burish Sean Kuraly
lol yes, there's no season and the GMs are talking trades for unsigned players. just ignore this ****.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 12:26 AM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaMtlExpat View Post
I wonder if Mac Bennett could crack the team sometime in 2013-2014 season at 22 or 23.
Without a single game played at the AHL level as a dman?

Not a chance.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 01:54 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

I don't know why Bourque gets dissed like that without being given a chance. Its not like we have amazing depth at wing anyways, we will likely need him for some time until our winger prospects are ready and Leblanc gets experience.

We can't have a top6 that is nearly entirely made up of rookies. For that same reason I'm against trading Plekanec or Desharnais unless the return is ridiculous. We're in no position to throw away experienced players because we don't like them or because they don't fit the vision we have of the team in 5 years.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 07:33 AM
Ghetto Sangria
Groupthink

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
I don't know why Bourque gets dissed like that without being given a chance. Its not like we have amazing depth at wing anyways, we will likely need him for some time until our winger prospects are ready and Leblanc gets experience.

We can't have a top6 that is nearly entirely made up of rookies. For that same reason I'm against trading Plekanec or Desharnais unless the return is ridiculous. We're in no position to throw away experienced players because we don't like them or because they don't fit the vision we have of the team in 5 years.
People seems to forget tha bourque was averaging 27 goals a season (or on pace to) the past 3 seasons before this one. He should get back to at leas 20 goals which would make him a top 6 player on our team

Ghetto Sangria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 08:00 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
People seems to forget tha bourque was averaging 27 goals a season (or on pace to) the past 3 seasons before this one. He should get back to at leas 20 goals which would make him a top 6 player on our team
That really depends on how he's managed.
He needs to play versus weaker opponents.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 08:37 AM
Ghetto Sangria
Groupthink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
That really depends on how he's managed.
He needs to play versus weaker opponents.
He didn't play sheltered minutes in calgary, he shouldnt have to here. A certain #1 center of ours had an abismal season and recovered. Lots of fans threw him under the bus. The same mistake is being made here. This team needs all the big scoring wingers they can get. Well they got one in bourque

Ghetto Sangria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 09:22 AM
VirginiaMtlExpat
Iggy button advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Without a single game played at the AHL level as a dman?

Not a chance.
You distorted my words.

I could see him starting in the AHL, and being called up during the season, which is why I evoked 2014 as well as 2013.

VirginiaMtlExpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 10:28 AM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaMtlExpat View Post
You distorted my words.

I could see him starting in the AHL, and being called up during the season, which is why I evoked 2014 as well as 2013.
Apologies, still not a chance IMHO.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 12:07 PM
VirginiaMtlExpat
Iggy button advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Apologies, still not a chance IMHO.
Thanks for keeping it collegial.

He is still my dark horse to step in sometime in the next season, especially if injuries decimate the team. What I read and saw on his skating has convinced me, along with his filling in at 6 feet, 200 lbs by some accounts. Posters on Cyberpresse have said that he would be the fastest skater on the team, which given the company of the likes of Subban, is quite a statement. Plus he has bloodlines in the NHL.

VirginiaMtlExpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 12:40 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Ah, Mac Bennett... I think the problem most people have (me included) is that these late college picks never seem to amount to anything here, only the first rounders (and even then you have dudes like Fischer). Most of the time we see them reaching pro supposingly being super quick skaters and amazing at defense&everything but they end up being average at best. Take Quailer for instance, some made him look like the ultimate hockey player yet he's not particularily impressive in Hamilton even if he's 23 years old. Before him there was Wyman and countless others that faded into obscurity.

Perhaps because we don't hear much about them after they are draft, or because numbers are rarely impressive in these leagues its difficult to know if these prospects are panning out or not. I honestly have no idea whether Bennett will be good or a bust, I'll trust what others say but I have a hard time getting excited about him turning pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaMtlExpat
Posters on Cyberpresse have said that he would be the fastest skater on the team, which given the company of the likes of Subban, is quite a statement. Plus he has bloodlines in the NHL.
Thats the kind of comment we see often. We often read that some prospects have ''better hands than most NHLer!'' or shots an NHL top6 player would be proud of. The problem is that these prospects play with other prospects and most of them are not even drafted&have no pro-hockey future so obviously they are going to look good compared to them. The NHL is a different game, its much faster and difficult. Some NHLers with ''stone hands'' could likely deke their way trough entire junior teams if they wanted to, even Scott Gomez probably has a decent shot if he had more time to get it off. Bennett is likely a good skater but I doubt he is remotely close to Subban in terms of skating at full speed (includes stops, turns, accelerations) for 20+ tough minutes with and without the puck in an NHL game while actually playing the game effectively. Speed skating =/= pro hockey.

Of course I'll be happy if Bennett ends up being great, I'm just skeptical of these kind of reports.

Last edited by FlyingKostitsyn: 10-30-2012 at 12:51 PM.
FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote