HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Chicago Wolves Discussion - Part IV

Closed Thread

Old
10-29-2012, 07:48 PM
medhatcanuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
Are you Aquilini?
He's not wrong in what he's saying. Acquilini pays the players through revenues from the fans. In turn, the fans pay for the players salary.

Old
10-29-2012, 07:50 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
Are you Aquilini?
What gave it away?

Old
10-29-2012, 07:54 PM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
We saw how Arniel used Schroeder two years ago. MacT then brought on Schroeder last year.

How did he use him two years ago? He's only coached him for about 15 games or so before this year, and JS put up a PPG pace during that stretch.

If you meant Noel, then I'm really not sure.

Quote:
Schroeder seems to be lost in the shuffle again. I wonder if Arniel doesn't know how to use Schroeder, doesn't trust him, or don't get along and vice versa.
I would hope that he keeps using him in the same roles he was successful at last year (PK), and expand his role on the PP to be the permanent anchor on that unit.

Old
10-29-2012, 08:10 PM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by me2 View Post
Anyone know what AV and the other NHL coaches are up to atm? We are paying them. It'd be useful to have them work in a complementary role with Chicago - just need to avoid the whole too many cooks thing.
I thought AV did go to the Wolves' training camp to work with Arniel on systems and stuff.

Old
10-29-2012, 08:26 PM
ihaveyuidonttouchme

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
I thought AV did go to the Wolves' training camp to work with Arniel on systems and stuff.
AV mustve told him to juggle the lines as much as u can

Old
10-29-2012, 08:28 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
I would hope that he keeps using him in the same roles he was successful at last year (PK), and expand his role on the PP to be the permanent anchor on that unit.
Unfortunately Schroeder is not on the PK — no clue why because he did well last season and the PK has been brutal so far. Overall, not impressed with the coaching at all.

Old
10-29-2012, 08:28 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveyuidonttouchme View Post
AV mustve told him to juggle the lines as much as u can
rofl

Old
10-29-2012, 08:40 PM
Jay Cee
P4G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Unfortunately Schroeder is not on the PK — no clue why because he did well last season and the PK has been brutal so far. Overall, not impressed with the coaching at all.
Maybe because in like all aspects of his game he is not playing well right now?

Old
10-29-2012, 08:54 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Unfortunately Schroeder is not on the PK no clue why because he did well last season and the PK has been brutal so far. Overall, not impressed with the coaching at all.

Bingo.

Mactavish seemed to bring the best out of Schroeder. Arniel, not so much.

Old
10-29-2012, 09:13 PM
ddawg1950

Quote:
Originally Posted by me2 View Post
Anyone know what AV and the other NHL coaches are up to atm? We are paying them. It'd be useful to have them work in a complementary role with Chicago - just need to avoid the whole too many cooks thing.
Good point. What is he payment situation with coaches and management. Are they locked out? Does nt seem like that is the case, but could someone confirm.

Old
10-29-2012, 09:15 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Unfortunately Schroeder is not on the PK no clue why because he did well last season and the PK has been brutal so far. Overall, not impressed with the coaching at all.
I stated my displeasure with hiring Arneil when we re-hired him back in the Summer. I don't think he's that great of a coach, and he will likely do more harm for some of our top prospects than good. Hopefully the Canucks can get Schroeder out of the AHL sooner than later, but that's not within the realm of our control right now.

10-29-2012, 09:27 PM
Hodgy

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
I stated my displeasure with hiring Arneil when we re-hired him back in the Summer. I don't think he's that great of a coach, and he will likely do more harm for some of our top prospects than good. Hopefully the Canucks can get Schroeder out of the AHL sooner than later, but that's not within the realm of our control right now.
Schroeder has been poor under 3 coaches since he drafted. I highly doubt that it is Arniel's fault.

I have never seen people make more excuses for a Canucks' prospect than they do for Schroeder.

Old
10-29-2012, 09:33 PM
Nuck This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgy View Post
Schroeder has been poor under 3 coaches since he drafted. I highly doubt that it is Arniel's fault.

I have never seen people make more excuses for a Canucks' prospect than they do for Schroeder.
A lot of people have hope he'll excel with better players around him. I'm one of them.

Old
10-29-2012, 09:39 PM
Tim Calhoun
Troll *********

vCash: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
A lot of people have hope he'll excel with better players around him. I'm one of them.
If he's ever going to become a quality NHL player, he shouldn't need "better players" to produce in his third year in the minors.

Old
10-29-2012, 09:51 PM
Hodgy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
Are you asserting that since he was drafted he has played with "bad" players? Or are you asserting that when/if he makes the NHL and plays with "better" players then he will excel?

Old
10-29-2012, 10:01 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Cee View Post
Maybe because in like all aspects of his game he is not playing well right now?
But he is... Just look at orcatown's reports for last 3 games. It's not as if Kassian has lit it up, we're talking about 3 vs 5 points here... He wasn't on the PK in the first game. That had nothing to do with how he was playing. It's a choice Arniel made and I have no doubts it's the wrong one.

Old
10-29-2012, 10:05 PM
CP

vCash: 699
Someone should do a comparison of first rounders who "slide" more than 7 or 8 spots compared to first rounders who are "reaches" of more than 7 or 8 spots. I think the reaches have done better, but I could be wrong. I worry about guys like Schroeder or Gaunce because a number of other teams have done a complete evaluation and found them lacking compared to another player for some not necessarily well known reason.

My two bits predicts Schroeder isn't going to be an impact player at the NHL level, we should have seen more by now.

Kassian, Jensen, Lack and Corrado are the only players that I think may have and impact at the NHL level.

Old
10-29-2012, 10:37 PM
Jevo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP View Post
Someone should do a comparison of first rounders who "slide" more than 7 or 8 spots compared to first rounders who are "reaches" of more than 7 or 8 spots. I think the reaches have done better, but I could be wrong. I worry about guys like Schroeder or Gaunce because a number of other teams have done a complete evaluation and found them lacking compared to another player for some not necessarily well known reason.

My two bits predicts Schroeder isn't going to be an impact player at the NHL level, we should have seen more by now.

Kassian, Jensen, Lack and Corrado are the only players that I think may have and impact at the NHL level.
Gaunce wasn't a slider, mid twenties was more or less exactly where he was placed in most pre-draft lists. If you want a recent Canucks first rounder who was a slider, look at Jensen.

Old
10-29-2012, 10:37 PM
Scurr

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP View Post
It'd be an interesting study. I'm not sure how it would go but I do remember Pierre McGuire losing his mind as teams continued to pass on Parise...

Old
10-29-2012, 11:57 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevo View Post
Gaunce wasn't a slider, mid twenties was more or less exactly where he was placed in most pre-draft lists. If you want a recent Canucks first rounder who was a slider, look at Jensen.

Not by what I have seen. Gaunce was a slider. TSN had him at 20. TSR had him at 14. THW even had him as high as 9th! Even among the many mocks on this board, I rarely saw him dip below 20.

He definitely fell. As did Jensen. As did Schroeder. All were BPAs at the time (Schroeder was ranked 14th by TSN).

Rather than getting into the analysis of risers vs fallers, I'm just going to wait until Schroeder gets a shot at the NHL level... It's just odd seeing a player with a high hockey IQ, speed, hustle and playmaking struggle to put up points. Something isn't adding up here.

Old
10-30-2012, 12:29 AM
Royal Canuck
#Shinkaruk4Calder

time for a new thread.

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
Xbox Live Gamertag: "CxC Canuck"
"Everybody says be a good loser; I think if you're a good loser, you're a loser. " - John Tortorella
Closed Thread