HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL (Kontinental Hockey League) 2012-2013 season

Closed Thread

Old
10-29-2012, 12:35 PM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
Looks like he is trying to give Riga points, no Backstrom or Gynge on PP.
2nd PP shift. You have to remember that he always tries to keep his lines balanced and his teams are famous for having no 4th liners.

EDIT: and no real 1st liners

Old
10-29-2012, 12:38 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

vCash: 888
Kvapil!

Old
10-29-2012, 12:39 PM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

What a redirection... Sigh.

Old
10-29-2012, 12:41 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

The Riga 3rd period fade. haha.

Old
10-29-2012, 12:46 PM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

Not funny.

Btw, did I just see a Moscow fan waving a black scarf with 2 Iron Crosses on it?

Old
10-29-2012, 12:50 PM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

Switching to the game in Praha. Go Kuznya Go!

Old
10-29-2012, 03:41 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Oh yeah and Backstrom was still 99... I thought it was only for 2 games?

Old
10-29-2012, 04:01 PM
russianhockey

Bäckström 1st one

Fail by Rinne

Kovy's goal against spartak

Old
10-29-2012, 04:13 PM
ult

Too much attention to the nhlers. Way too much.

Old
10-29-2012, 04:19 PM
Faterson

At Slovan's arena, we've grown used to large crowds of foreign fans supporting teams like Dynamo & CSKA Moscow, SKA St. Petersburg, or Dinamo Riga. There are usually no travelling fans of Siberian teams visiting our arena. Tonight was different, though: quite a few fans dressed in Amur Khabarovsk garb, waving Amur scarves, etc. I asked them during one of the breaks: «Вы приехали сюда из Хабаровска?» — «Да.» — «Это невероятно!» — These young fellas must be extremely wealthy and/or passionate about Amur to make a 7-thousand mile (!) road trip on behalf of their team. How do they do it?

Slovan fans as a rule aren't wealthy, so the only two road trips organized by Slovan's official fan club in this entire KHL season will be to Prague for the two Lev vs. Slovan games. There's no questioning Amur fans' passion for the game – I've noticed Amur's arena has had a 100% sellout rate so far. (Slovan is at 98% of capacity crowd because Slovan's second – and only the second – home game wasn't sold out.) Perhaps after Slovan spends a few seasons in the KHL, road trips for Slovan fans will become affordable. Slovaks can buy plane tickets to Paris or Madrid or Rome or England for a few dozen €, but plane tickets to Russia usually carry a hefty price tag. Maybe this would be different if Slovan's fan club managed to hire and sell out an entire plane just for the sake of the hockey fans' road trip.

Old
10-29-2012, 04:34 PM
ult

Well, of all teams Amur shouldn't come as surprise to you. You think Bratislava is experiencing a hockey boom right now? Well, Khabarovsk has been experiencing it for 5 years. They have the most expensive tickets in the league (almost $30 average), and they have been selling-out their games ever since they joined KHL. No wonder they have some wealthy passionate fans.

Old
10-29-2012, 04:55 PM
Faterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ult View Post
[Amur] have the most expensive tickets in the league (almost $30 average)
Well, that is surprising for me to hear; I had no idea. I thought Moscow & St. Petersburg fans would be the wealthy ones, rather than Amur fans.

On that note, I very much fear this may be the last KHL season when Slovan tickets are affordable (between 10 and 20 €). Perhaps I won't be able to renew my season tickets next year if the prices skyrocket. Don't know if you heard, but Slovan will sell tickets for its December games via an electronic auction (!), to counter the black market after all of Slovan's November games sold out @ regular prices in mid-October. I predict an unholy mess, with the website where the auction will take place collapsing, etc. And I fear the final price for tickets bought that way will be a lot higher than 20 €.

(It might now become especially difficult for smaller groups of people to buy tickets for a handful of seats next to each other, because how do you guarantee getting such seats at an auction? Someone may outbid you at the last second and disrupt your seating arrangements.)

Old
10-29-2012, 05:11 PM
Vicente

Three things:

1. Why are so many KHL games played on Mondays, Tuesdays etc. and so early in the day instead of weekends? Don't Russian hockey fans have to go to work from Mo-Fr?

2. It is one thing if you can afford 30$ for a single game ticket or if you can afford a road trip from Khabarovsk to Bratislava. Thats crazy. How much does that cost actually? But Amur fans are amazing.

3. Any chance for a bigger arena in Bratislava? They need like 20,000 NHL style.

Old
10-29-2012, 05:20 PM
ult

I'm not sure that an auction is a good idea. People don't like it when their team is trying to rip them off so blatantly.

Hey Vicente, did you forget about the time zones? All games are starting from 19 to 20 local time, obviously.

Old
10-29-2012, 05:23 PM
Vicente

Quote:
Hey Vicente, did you forget about the time zones? All games are starting from 19 to 20 local time, obviously.
Sure but in Germany most games Mo-Thu in any sports are played at 20.30 or later just because so many people come home from work around 18h and later. But in the NHL the 19h games also work, so maybe its a German thing.

Old
10-29-2012, 05:57 PM
Faterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicente View Post
2. It is one thing if you can afford 30$ for a single game ticket or if you can afford a road trip from Khabarovsk to Bratislava. Thats crazy. How much does that cost actually?
Khabarovsk is next door to Japan, so to say, and in terms of time zones (9), it's as far away from Slovakia and Germany as Los Angeles or Vancouver. A plane ticket must cost hundreds of €, perhaps closer to €1000 than €500. (Don't know if the price gets lower if you buy the ticket in Russia from a Russian air-line.)

A few weeks ago, I saw a Slovak tourist agency advertising a road trip for Slovan fans to the games in Ufa, Kazan et al. I wonder if they had any customers buying them. I don't remember the price, but it was prohibitive (hundreds of € to watch a single away game).

Quote:
3. Any chance for a bigger arena in Bratislava? They need like 20,000 NHL style.
I absolutely agree. The current arena, even as it was being "reconstructed" (= practically built anew) for the 2011 World Championships, has always been criticized for being too small. Everything is very nice, bright, new & cozy inside, but 10,055 capacity just isn't enough. There had been talk of building a new 15,000+ arena on the outskirts of Bratislava, but this never happened. If the KHL continues being such a huge hit, though, the old, pre-2011 plans might get revived.

Quote:
I'm not sure that an auction is a good idea.
I agree with you, although an auction is probably better than outright black market (= current state). I'm afraid the implementation of that questionable idea will be chaotic.

Quote:
Sure but in Germany most games Mo-Thu in any sports are played at 20.30 or later just because so many people come home from work around 18h and later. But in the NHL the 19h games also work, so maybe its a German thing.
I believe the German kickoff/faceoff times are TV-induced. The Tagesschau newscast runs from 8 to 8:15 p.m. every day, so prime time on German TV begins at 8:15 p.m. every night. There needs to be a pregame show, of course, and that's why the opening kickoff/faceoff is at 8:30 p.m. at the earliest. I'm certain that German TV stations have a lot to do with football Champions League games starting at 8:45 p.m. across most of Europe.

For the KHL, 7 p.m. on weekdays (sometimes 7:30) and 5 p.m. at weekends seems ideal. In Slovan's arena, you can always see lots of very young kids in the audience (like aged below 10, even), and if the games started later than 7 p.m., most of them wouldn't be able to attend.

Last edited by Faterson: 10-29-2012 at 06:06 PM.
Old
10-29-2012, 08:12 PM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
that's an awesome support by Amur fans! KHL is very good for SLV and CZE, so many people go on a "beer tour" and to watch their team from Russia, should be bringing some good revenue, especially for small businesses - souvenirs, pubs..

Old
10-30-2012, 02:09 AM
Atas2000

Quote:
It's a very german thing. In Russia ppl actually start to work much later and of course get hme later. In order to attend a weekday game you actually have to go from work straight to the arena.

Old
10-30-2012, 02:27 AM
jaco

Don't remember having seen Vityaz on a playoff spot by end of october! Great development. In PIM they're 6th: 12.9 min/game. Last season they had 32.6 min/game. That's the proof that you don't win games from the penalty box.

Old
10-30-2012, 02:30 AM
Atas2000

Quote:
Three things:

1. Why are so many KHL games played on Mondays, Tuesdays etc. and so early in the day instead of weekends? Don't Russian hockey fans have to go to work from Mo-Fr?
You just can't play so many games on weekends. It will never fit into the schedule. You have to think of the trips too. It's a packed schedule as it is already. And russian hockey fans are probably passionate enough to go to the games right after work or even leave work early to go to a game and work the time the other day.

Old
10-30-2012, 02:38 AM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
Magnitka is a machine, doubt anyone can stop them in the East if the lockout is a season-long thing.
we will stop them. no big deal.

Old
10-30-2012, 04:28 AM
Vicente

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
You just can't play so many games on weekends. It will never fit into the schedule. You have to think of the trips too. It's a packed schedule as it is already. And russian hockey fans are probably passionate enough to go to the games right after work or even leave work early to go to a game and work the time the other day.
Right. But instead of having the majority of 10-12 game days on Friday/Sunday they have them on Monday/Wednesday. This is a bit strange IMO.

And regarding Vityaz:

It's especially crazy that the team is so strong in away matches !!! Only thing I can suggest is that next to a high level of talent they don't feel any pressure away from home as really nobody expects something from them.

Old
10-30-2012, 06:03 AM
jaco

Quote:
And regarding Vityaz:

It's especially crazy that the team is so strong in away matches !!! Only thing I can suggest is that next to a high level of talent they don't feel any pressure away from home as really nobody expects something from them.
Based on road games they're 3rd! They recorded 3 wins and 4 SO wins out of 12 games, so certainly Kasutin has his share in that.

Old
10-30-2012, 06:49 AM
cska78

Vityaz' is looking to sign Dustin Brown for the lockout, dunno if it's a good player for larger rinks, but sure a recognizable name alright.

Old
10-30-2012, 06:53 AM
cska78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
we will stop them. no big deal.
who's we?

Closed Thread