*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2012, 08:40 AM
sportnut

vCash: 500
Interesting article on Elie.

http://www.hockeyprospect.com/2013-n...draft-prospect

I have been sold on this kid for a while.

Old
10-31-2012, 12:44 PM
hockeylegend11

I noticed forward Jack Nevins signed with the PEI Rockets of the Q after being put on waivers,and no other OHL team put an offer on the table
Too bad,there are a handful of teams that could have used this guy

Old
10-31-2012, 04:14 PM
aresknights

Too bad, I was looking forward to seeing what he would add to the Knights lineup.
Makes me wonder what else was up for him to be released and waived thru the league. ( His choice to leave O for personal reasons? discipline or other issues?)

I too thought he could help a few teams out.

Old
10-31-2012, 04:17 PM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportnut View Post
Interesting article on Elie.

http://www.hockeyprospect.com/2013-n...draft-prospect

I have been sold on this kid for a while.
I liked him at camp last year and felt he was the best rook at tryouts this year.
I felt at camp he'd be a good replacement for Fox. Hopefully he develops as well as some others have under Dale.

Old
11-01-2012, 10:24 AM
sbrug

Could be another lost weekend for the Knights as Raine and Zadorov are suspended and injured, respectively. That leaves for a depleted defence: Harrington, Maatta, Hughes, Ferry, Liberati, and maybe Welychka or Paxton Leroux. Eventually, I hope Mark will make some trades to get rid of Ferry and trade some young players and picks to get more veterans up front. The losses of Namestnikov, McKegg and Watson are starting to look big now. The Knights can be good next year but they need to go for it this year.

Hard to believe Raine gets 6 games for a one handed shove while standing still and Brock McGinn gets a 2 minute minor for racing across the ice to plaster Zadorov from behind (who is injured from that).

Never thought Branch would do that to the capital of hockey.

Old
11-01-2012, 11:03 AM
tourlord*

I'm going out on a limb and saying London makes a big move later in the season and grabs a big goal scorer. Watched them play Oshawa a couple of weeks ago and mind you they did look good but they lost the game. They also lost Watson, McKegg and Namestnikov and they just didn't look the same up front but they still have two solid PPs and a ton of talent. Whats up with Houser? Is he hurt? Do they seriously think they can go all the way with Bailie? Anyway London still looked really good. They've got three solid lines and everybody on the team can skate. Couple little spark plugs that can fly Welchinka and Platzer, and I thought Broadhurst looked alright as well.

Last edited by tourlord*: 11-01-2012 at 12:51 PM.
Old
11-01-2012, 12:00 PM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrister39 View Post
Hard to believe Raine gets 6 games for a one handed shove while standing still and Brock McGinn gets a 2 minute minor for racing across the ice to plaster Zadorov from behind (who is injured from that).

Never thought Branch would do that to the capital of hockey.
If it's the hit I saw, McGinns shoulder hit Zadorov in the chest.
They showed it in slo-mo and I thought it was a physically clean hit (can't comment about the distance skated or the lag in puck possession)

Old
11-01-2012, 12:13 PM
sbrug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Cornell View Post
If it's the hit I saw, McGinns shoulder hit Zadorov in the chest.
They showed it in slo-mo and I thought it was a physically clean hit (can't comment about the distance skated or the lag in puck possession)
You could be right. I saw the hit once and I thought he got him from behind but I could be wrong.

Old
11-01-2012, 05:08 PM
JL17

Aside from what I would call a charge on McGinn the hit was text book on Zadorov. Charging was probably the right call not boarding.

I'm surprised he didn't get any games for it ... But maybe Branch's wheel of suspensions came up with a 0 when it came up.

I think it's sad London has to constantly use forwards on defense. Call up Di Lorenzo and use him. It's been what 6 straight years.

Old
11-02-2012, 02:53 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by tourlord View Post
I'm going out on a limb and saying London makes a big move later in the season and grabs a big goal scorer. Watched them play Oshawa a couple of weeks ago and mind you they did look good but they lost the game. They also lost Watson, McKegg and Namestnikov and they just didn't look the same up front but they still have two solid PPs and a ton of talent. Whats up with Houser? Is he hurt? Do they seriously think they can go all the way with Bailie? Anyway London still looked really good. They've got three solid lines and everybody on the team can skate. Couple little spark plugs that can fly Welchinka and Platzer, and I thought Broadhurst looked alright as well.
Bailie has em all fooled lemme tell ya. I for one know better. Yes he is doing 'ok' right now, but he isn't going to lead you anywhere. It reminds me of when the Knights had a great team and had Coleman and MacDonald and the brass was smart enought to realize they need a guy like Adam Dennis to go all the way and they went out and got him. Same thing here....although it saddens me to say that we are much more than and Adam Dennis away from being a Memorial Cup contender. We need to vets up front and another top 4 Dman too. Might be time to unload and go for it next year. It would strengthen the memorial cup bid by acquiring more '95's and stocking draft picks to trade next year too. Maybe now people are realizing how valuable Houser was in all the one goal games and shootouts last year. Just imagine for a moment if we had a 'Bailie' in net last year. There would be no memorial cup heartbreak to speak of....there would be no OHL title either.

Old
11-02-2012, 03:15 PM
HammerL

Goaltender / D needed

Hearing rumblings that Knights would like to get Dougie Hamilton or Cody Ceci to solidify chances, along with maybe Strome. They have a lot of forward talent that can play from lines 2-4, but need top notch scorer.

Old
11-02-2012, 04:41 PM
JL17

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerL View Post
Hearing rumblings that Knights would like to get Dougie Hamilton or Cody Ceci to solidify chances, along with maybe Strome. They have a lot of forward talent that can play from lines 2-4, but need top notch scorer.
Trade for any 2 of those players and the will be needing fill in... or have 0 picks left for this year and next year.

Old
11-02-2012, 05:03 PM
NHL Fanatic

Niagara has made it clear Strome and Hamilton are available, the only problem with acquiring any of those players is the lockout uncertainty. If perhaps a miracle occurs and there is hockey started this month or next month, Hamilton is gone to the NHL for sure, and Strome is a strong candidate as possibly staying in the NHL as well. It may not be worth the risk.

Old
11-02-2012, 05:12 PM
NHL Fanatic

I've talked to some agents around the league and they assure me that the NHL will resume, regardless if its a full or shortened season because no CBA = no 2013 NHL draft.

Old
11-02-2012, 09:48 PM
sbrug

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerL View Post
When your coach continues to put players in situations where they've failed several times, does it matter who the GM trades for?

Old
11-02-2012, 10:59 PM
KnightsInsider93

Petes 93' born RW Luke Heitkamp Has chosen to quite the Petes. He is coming home to London.

Old
11-03-2012, 02:37 PM
aresknights

Hes a kid with some size but pedestrian #s. Im thinking lil to no interest from London.

Old
11-03-2012, 02:42 PM
aresknights

Knights battled back after getting down.

Patterson in relief played well (wow what a goal from Zhakorov- Harrington beat bad, I doubt it happens again)

Griffith had a great OT shift along with Broadhurst leading to the goal. Id like to see that effort by him thru the entire game.

Big game tomorrow, and Guelph plays tonight, making Sunday aft 3 in 2.5 for them.

Old
11-03-2012, 06:14 PM
Pilky01
@JamesD_TO

Heading to Guelph tomorrow to watch the game. Got a single seat, first row!

Old
11-04-2012, 06:50 PM
sbrug

Today was a good 60 minute defensive effort from the Knights. It was nice to see the lone (non empty net) goal be a greasy goal. Need to score more of those to be a successful team. Keeping the shots down keeps the goals down which was a trademark of last year's team. The offense will be fine if they can continue to play the deadly trap and counter game. Sometimes boring, but has proven to win championships.

Old
11-04-2012, 08:20 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

In case anyone missed it...as predicted...Patterson is pressing Bailie for #1. Nothing like a little goaltending controversy to spice things up.

Old
11-04-2012, 09:44 PM
dino200022

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
In case anyone missed it...as predicted...Patterson is pressing Bailie for #1. Nothing like a little goaltending controversy to spice things up.
People said I was crazy last year when I said Patterson would be there number 1 next season if no houser. Hate to say i told ya so gentleman.

Old
11-04-2012, 10:00 PM
sbrug

I don't think Patterson's the #1 right now. Bailie basically carried this team for the first month and did a better job than most expected. Patterson has been good too and I've been kind of surprised by the play time he's gotten the last couple weeks. Neither goalie has done anything to sit. I think the net time will go 50/50 for the most part for the rest of the season barring injures or bad stretches. Similar to Coleman/MacDonald a while back. With Dale we might even see more switches half way through games like Friday.

Old
11-05-2012, 07:14 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrister39 View Post
I don't think Patterson's the #1 right now. Bailie basically carried this team for the first month and did a better job than most expected. Patterson has been good too and I've been kind of surprised by the play time he's gotten the last couple weeks. Neither goalie has done anything to sit. I think the net time will go 50/50 for the most part for the rest of the season barring injures or bad stretches. Similar to Coleman/MacDonald a while back. With Dale we might even see more switches half way through games like Friday.
Our tandem is very similar to Coleman and MacDonald..aside from the fact that both of those goalies had arguably the best D group in the OHL in front of them. Once Mark realized he couldn't win with that tandem he made a move...I think you'll see something similar this year..and the move could be getting someone they don't even have to pay for. Bailie and Patterson aren't going to lead you to the promised land as a tandem.

Old
11-05-2012, 07:32 AM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
Our tandem is very similar to Coleman and MacDonald..aside from the fact that both of those goalies had arguably the best D group in the OHL in front of them. Once Mark realized he couldn't win with that tandem he made a move...I think you'll see something similar this year..and the move could be getting someone they don't even have to pay for. Bailie and Patterson aren't going to lead you to the promised land as a tandem.
Ah finally somebody singing my song. You are right, they are a lot like the aforementioned tandem, and what happened that year? I can only hope that if we are serious about making a run we go get a top flight goalie cuz we sure don't have one on our roster. Yes they have done ok blah blah, and so did Coleman and MacDonald blah blah, but if you want to go far you need a stellar tender.
I was at the Guelph game and thought that Patterson played very well. No complaints and I'll be honest I just haven't seen enough of him to know if he 'could' be that guy. (what, has he played like 7 or career OHL games?) Now Baile is a different story. Horrible rebound control, cant stand his sluggish style and there is plenty enough of a sample to know that he aint our guy.
Prediction: Remi Elie will be a first round NHL pick. (currently some agencies have him as high as 2nd round). This kid is awesome. Gets better every game!

Closed Thread