HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Phoenix Coyotes
Notices

Ownership Cluster**** Thread: NHL and GJ, Put Up or Shut Up!

Closed Thread

Old
10-19-2012, 08:40 PM
Rebranded Fan
naurutger's hero

vCash: 1329
6 million is the offer from an rookie group with no experience for 20 events a year. A third of what Jamison offers.

Old
10-19-2012, 09:50 PM
Colt45Blast
Torres FTW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
6 million is the offer from an rookie group with no experience for 20 events a year. A third of what Jamison offers.
A rookie group that many argue is fake and argue Hultzier and Jamison to be fake as well considering of Ice Edge's involement in getting a deal done with them.

The circus continues!!!

Last edited by Colt45Blast: 10-19-2012 at 10:04 PM.
Old
10-20-2012, 02:49 AM
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee

Just to clarify a point....

Ice Edge Holdings no longer exists.

Of the five original members of Ice Edge, only two are known to be involved with Greg Jamison (and Daryl Jones, I have been told, isn't one of them). Nobody knows what their capacity is or will be, but Anthony LeBlanc was reported to be in Glendale with Jamison a week ago

Only reason for posting this is too many people are implying that the entire IEH group is involved.

Old
10-20-2012, 11:56 AM
Matzel

Send a message via MSN to Matzel
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP View Post
This made me laugh like I was back in middle school and Beavis and Butthead were all the rage, and it was acceptable to say things like "all the rage."
"Uhhhhhh.... like.... exactly."
<punches Beavis>
"Uh huh huh huh."

Old
10-24-2012, 01:12 PM
Colt45Blast
Torres FTW

As the circus continues another team manages to get its act together as the Islanders will be moving into the new home of the Brooklyn Nets in 2015.
This new arena in Brooklyn only seats 14,500 for hockey. Since the NHL is fine with this move then NHL should have no problem moving to the Coyotes back into a 16,210 seat with some obstructive view seats in case it never works out in Glendale.

Old
10-26-2012, 11:42 PM
GiveAFlyingPuck
Gary Bettman Rocks!

vCash: 269
Anybody feeling good about this anymore? With the lockout and the inability to reach an agreement with COG, I think we've seen the last of the Coyotes. That handshake line with LA was the end. I think Doan should have went to Vancouver. I'd love to be wrong.

Old
10-27-2012, 12:32 AM
Rebranded Fan
naurutger's hero

I feel no change, they can talk all they want but in the end the team is staying.

Old
10-27-2012, 02:19 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZflyingPuck View Post
Anybody feeling good about this anymore? With the lockout and the inability to reach an agreement with COG, I think we've seen the last of the Coyotes. That handshake line with LA was the end. I think Doan should have went to Vancouver. I'd love to be wrong.
Meh, I'd say Phoenix, Seattle, and Quebec each have a 33.33% chance. If the Coyotes go to Seattle, I'm guessing that Doan goes with. Gives the franchise a 66.66% percent of keeping the captain by my estimate.

Of course, I'm basing this on nothing.

Still, i cant believe either the PA or the BOG would he so stupid to cancel a season. Thins barely clinging on, niche league simply can't afford it.

That said, who the Hell knows?

10-27-2012, 08:45 AM
MP

The elections are the only incentive Jamison has to close now. Don't know much about Glendale politics, but it doesn't seem like the lease has many backers among the various candidates. There's a big difference between saying and doing, but at the very least, Jamison can't expect the city to offer him any more favorable agreement than the one he's got in front of him right now. No need to worry yet--but if the election comes and goes, and especially if the incumbents fare poorly, and there's still no agreement, the press will undoubtedly treat us to further details touching on new construction in Seattle and Quebec.

Old
10-27-2012, 12:07 PM
Colt45Blast
Torres FTW

Hope for the beat and prepare for the worst as life goes on.

Old
10-28-2012, 01:44 AM
MIG

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Meh, I'd say Phoenix, Seattle, and Quebec each have a 33.33% chance.
That still gives KC a .01% chance..sweet.

Last edited by MIG: 10-28-2012 at 02:01 AM.
Old
10-28-2012, 01:57 AM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

to add even more drama, the Glendale Tea Party tool out the paperwork to recall councilwoman Knnack. (one of the pro lease votes) they have 30 days to collect signatures. Does that give Councilwoman Knnack pause to reconsider or delay a post election vote on the final lease?

Old
10-30-2012, 08:25 AM
korpedo

https://thehockeywriters.com/phoenix...-councilwoman/

The latest "news". Same **** different two weeks indeed

Old
10-30-2012, 09:02 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Then, of course, elections in a week. Then, there is that whole lock out thing. We probably have at least another ten months before the ownership mess is resolved, and i don't have much hope it will be a positive resolution.

Old
10-30-2012, 10:08 AM
pfp

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Then, of course, elections in a week. Then, there is that whole lock out thing. We probably have at least another ten months before the ownership mess is resolved, and i don't have much hope it will be a positive resolution.
I agree that it does not seem positive but i don't think it will take 10 months. There is no way the newly elected city council will approve the deal necessary to keep the team here so once they are sworn in it's done.

Old
10-30-2012, 11:38 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfp View Post
I agree that it does not seem positive but i don't think it will take 10 months. There is no way the newly elected city council will approve the deal necessary to keep the team here so once they are sworn in it's done.
It depends on whether the NHL is trying to use contraction, expansion, and/or relocation in it's labor negotiations. There is going to need to be some negotiation on whether or not expansion/relo fees are counted toward HRR, etc. The NHL is going to have to decide whether it's worth it to wait until HRR drops for players, etc. And the lockout will certainly have to be over before any official announcement is made about the relocation or contraction of the Phoenix Coyotes. When will this lock-out end? I'm guessing ten or eleven months from now.

Old
10-30-2012, 07:54 PM
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by korpedo View Post

Uh..... that link sent shock waves through my Norton Utilities and forced it to declare an untrustworthy connection.

Old
10-30-2012, 10:20 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
Uh..... that link sent shock waves through my Norton Utilities and forced it to declare an untrustworthy connection.

Norton Utilities should detect and remove itself!

Old
10-30-2012, 10:48 PM
Colt45Blast
Torres FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by korpedo View Post

The joke that just keeps on moving along.

Old
10-31-2012, 05:02 PM
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
Norton Utilities should detect and remove itself!
Yeah.... Norton tends to be a bit anal. I got in via a different route anyway.

Old
11-01-2012, 09:22 PM
Rebranded Fan
naurutger's hero

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/b...e=nhl&id=20078

Doan dealing with double dose of doubt

Old
11-01-2012, 10:12 PM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/b...e=nhl&id=20078

Doan dealing with double dose of doubt
So Fehr never explained basic negotiating tactics to the players he invited into the actual negotiation? That should tell you something about the NHLPA strategy.

Fehr is using the players to slow down the process in order to try to force the NHL to negotiate against itself. If NHL cancels the winter classic its a huge sign that Fehr needs to finally come to the table or else he goes with Plan B which is full on Armageddon by proposing no salary cap/escrow.

Last edited by hbk: 11-01-2012 at 10:39 PM.
Old
11-01-2012, 10:55 PM
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
So Fehr never explained basic negotiating tactics to the players he invited into the actual negotiation? That should tell you something about the NHLPA strategy.

Fehr is using the players to slow down the process in order to try to force the NHL to negotiate against itself. If NHL cancels the winter classic its a huge sign that Fehr needs to finally come to the table or else he goes with Plan B which is full on Armageddon by proposing no salary cap/escrow.
Fehr's the reason why I walked away from MLB for a very long time.

Old
11-01-2012, 11:08 PM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
Fehr's the reason why I walked away from MLB for a very long time.
His strategy is sound. It's what I would do if I were in his shoes. I just think the media should have been calling him out on it months ago. Too bad they wanted to pile on the Bettman hate ( lazy journalism). I'm actually baffled no media member has interviewed a University professor that teaches negotiations to get a prediction on how this plays itself out. I predicted in the summer that NHLPA wouldn't start offering anything of significance until mid November. I think I'm going to be close with my Jan 1 start date.

Old
11-02-2012, 12:39 PM
yotesreign

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
His strategy is sound. It's what I would do if I were in his shoes. I just think the media should have been calling him out on it months ago. Too bad they wanted to pile on the Bettman hate ( lazy journalism). I'm actually baffled no media member has interviewed a University professor that teaches negotiations to get a prediction on how this plays itself out. I predicted in the summer that NHLPA wouldn't start offering anything of significance until mid November. I think I'm going to be close with my Jan 1 start date.
Part of me expects to lose the whole season. IIRC, the 04-05 lockout, the league cancelled the season in early or mid-February '05 - and I'd expect if they aren't back on ice by mid January, we can consider even a half season of play unlikely.

Be a shame to lose half a season or more and just wind up with a 5 or 6 year agreement and go through this all over again in 2018 or 2019.

Closed Thread