2012-2013 Anaheim Ducks Prospect Update

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2012, 01:12 AM
AngelDuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mighty all the way View Post
Yeah, just like how if its a full season lockout Perry and Getz will be UFA after the lockout, which is not good if one or both walks and we can't trade them.

This lockout keeps getting worse...

Old
10-30-2012, 01:28 AM
redbeard7737

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
Question: If this is a full season lockout, does that burn a year on Souray and Allen's contracts?

Thanks in advance.
the correct answer is NO...all contracts are frozen during the lockout, so it does not affect any contract at all...so Perry and Getzlaf still have 1 year left even if the lockout lasts all year or even 2 years.

Old
10-30-2012, 01:41 AM
AngelDuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeard7737 View Post
the correct answer is NO...all contracts are frozen during the lockout, so it does not affect any contract at all...so Perry and Getzlaf still have 1 year left even if the lockout lasts all year or even 2 years.
You sure about that?

Old
DuckJet
Road Rash

vCash: 577
Quote:
News to me. Why would contracts signed under the old CBA be frozen?

Old
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Garrity View Post
IMO, Lindholm isn't nearly as offensively gifted as the other two, but those aren't awful comparisons.
I think we'll see more from Lindholm offensively after he adjusts a bit more to the AHL. From the games I've seen, I saw some impressive offensive capabilities. I also think we'll get a good look at him at the WJC's. Developmentally, OEL was a bit ahead, but it's tough to grade them head to head because Lindholm really took off late in the season. Late bloomers are hard to grade against their peers, until a little later along, but most recently Lindholm put up 5 points in 10 playoff games. Those are very good numbers.

Old
10-30-2012, 01:44 AM
Paul4587

Quote:
No, it definitely burns a year. Some ELCs will slide but anything else doesn't. A bunch of media guys have confirmed it (too lazy to find which ones) and you can also see the last lockout for proof that the year is burned up under a lockout.

Edit: Here's proof, Adam Proteau says they count just as if the games were being played.

Old
10-30-2012, 02:45 AM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

Gibson picking up his form in OHL. 115 saves in 119 shots the last three games. 2.17 GAA and 0.937 SV% so far this season.

Old
10-30-2012, 07:13 AM
Bbird80

Wasn't Vatanen voted 2nd in the prospects poll? Why is Etem second behind Palmieri or was it just because they (Sami and Emerson) had a tie the first time around?

I'm pretty impressed about Lindholm's performance so far. Reminds me of Olli Määttä (2012 1st round pick, OHL season stats 14G, 1+12=13): both skate well, are strong for their age, make smart decisions with the puck and aren't pygmies like Vatanen.

Old
10-30-2012, 07:25 AM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbird80 View Post
Wasn't Vatanen voted 2nd in the prospects poll? Why is Etem second behind Palmieri or was it just because they (Sami and Emerson) had a tie the first time around?

I'm pretty impressed about Lindholm's performance so far. Reminds me of Olli Määttä (2012 1st round pick, OHL season stats 14G, 1+12=13): both skate well, are strong for their age, make smart decisions with the puck and aren't pygmies like Vatanen.
I believe that list is not the poll list but actually the HF list.

Old
10-30-2012, 07:34 AM
Bbird80

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
I believe that list is not the poll list but actually the HF list.
Oh, my bad then. I thought it was. I'll get my coat.

Old
10-30-2012, 07:43 AM
Kalvinators
hurrr-durrr

http://instagram.com/p/RYX_-9rwGi/

Old
10-30-2012, 08:02 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post
Man, they could have at least looked up a picture with the puck actually in the glove. Or photoshopped it there.

Pretty cool, though. Seeing yourself on a cereal box as a teenager has to be somewhat rad.

Old
10-30-2012, 11:42 AM
AngelDuck

Hiller should have at least 3 more good years in him and then he can turn it over to Gibson/Anderson. Perfect.

Old
10-30-2012, 01:19 PM
Eddie Shack

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
Hiller should have at least 3 more good years in him and then he can turn it over to Gibson/Anderson. Perfect.
Except that he only has two years left on his contract. So the Ducks are going to have to make a decision sooner rather than later.

Old
10-30-2012, 01:35 PM
helicecopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carelton CA View Post
The Swedish Elite league is not better, not even close. Sami was the Dman of the year the last 2 years over there. The KHL is not as good either. They may have the NHL's best players now but the league as a whole is not as good as the AHL right now. Read around a bit, you'll find many who agree that the AHL is now the best league in the world right now.

what about actually watching games from KHL, SEL and AHL.. i bet it would be easier for you to realize in which leagues the level of play is higher.

Old
10-30-2012, 01:57 PM
DuckJet
Road Rash

The KHL level of play is only higher because the players are older in my mind. I see more intensity in the AHL. From what I've seen of the FEL it doesn't seem as high paced. There's more emphasis on puck control and good passing. It's not really similar to the AHL especially this year. I'm going to assume that since Sami isn't really dominating and you still see areas of adjustment I'd say the AHL this year is a step above the SM-Liga. Can't comment on the SEL. Haven't watched enough.

On the subject of the SEL, I hope the report that Lindholm will return to Rogle if the whole season is cancelled. I mean I get the sense from him that he likes it here and will want to stay but I'm still a bit worried. The North American game is right there to be mastered and he's been handling it very well.

Old
10-30-2012, 02:17 PM
Eddie Shack

Before the season started I would have preferred to see Lindholm return home to Sweden for another season. Now that he has dipped his toe in the NA water so to speak, and appears to be doing quite well, I do think it best that he continue on the NA path.

An NHL lockout, forcing him to play a full year in Norfolk, might be the best thing for his career.

Old
10-30-2012, 02:31 PM
Kalvinators
hurrr-durrr

How is Lindholm looked defensively and physically? Is he smart? Would love to hear something about it.
For 18 yo he`s doing about ok imo, judging by the stats and the small amount i`ve seen.

Old
10-30-2012, 02:46 PM
SupermanPahlsson

If the lockout burns a year of a player's contract, couldn't Viktor Fasth's NHL career be over before it even started? Maybe I'm putting unrealistic expectations on Andersen, but it seems to me that all things considered (he's playing well at the AHL level, is more mature than his counterparts, etc.), he can step in next year behind Hiller.

Old
10-30-2012, 02:55 PM
DuckJet
Road Rash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post
How is Lindholm looked defensively and physically? Is he smart? Would love to hear something about it.
For 18 yo he`s doing about ok imo, judging by the stats and the small amount i`ve seen.
Better than I expected. Great positioning, smart kid, uses his size well but not over-physically, directs play in his own zone when the situation calls for it. Speed is a tool he isn't fully utilizing though.

Old
10-30-2012, 02:58 PM
Kalvinators
hurrr-durrr

Don`t look only on Andersen. Big Bob have better stats in Norfolk. They`re both great, and will compete hard for spot in Anaheim whenever that`ll happen.

For Fasth, it is possible that we let him go after we got Andersen. He had better stats in SEL than Fasth. But like i said - maybe Andersen isn`t the next one after Hiller in our depth chart

On the other hand, i`d enjoy a veteran standing after Hiller in Anaheim. Not even in this season (if it happens), but the one after this too. Call ups are possible so it`s ok imo. Andersen and Bobber should benefit from 1,5-2 years in AHL. Looking at goalie progress in recent years, that should be better for them.

Old
10-30-2012, 03:01 PM
Kalvinators
hurrr-durrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Better than I expected. Great positioning, smart kid, uses his size well but not over-physically, directs play in his own zone when the situation calls for it. Speed is a tool he isn't fully utilizing though.
Great! Sounds like he have a great tool-kit, so it`s only a matter of work, and looks like he doesn`t seem have trouble with that. And he have 2 more points than 50g - 100p Etem

I`d like him to be a bit more physical, though, but at least he`s not soft (right?) either.

Old
10-30-2012, 03:06 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanPahlsson View Post
If the lockout burns a year of a player's contract, couldn't Viktor Fasth's NHL career be over before it even started? Maybe I'm putting unrealistic expectations on Andersen, but it seems to me that all things considered (he's playing well at the AHL level, is more mature than his counterparts, etc.), he can step in next year behind Hiller.
We weren't the only team seeking out his services. He would be signed elsewhere.

Right now, he doesn't have anything to worry about. Both of the goalies in Norfolk need some polishing.

Old
10-30-2012, 03:07 PM
heksagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
The KHL level of play is only higher because the players are older in my mind. I see more intensity in the AHL. From what I've seen of the FEL it doesn't seem as high paced. There's more emphasis on puck control and good passing. It's not really similar to the AHL especially this year. I'm going to assume that since Sami isn't really dominating and you still see areas of adjustment I'd say the AHL this year is a step above the SM-Liga. Can't comment on the SEL. Haven't watched enough.

On the subject of the SEL, I hope the report that Lindholm will return to Rogle if the whole season is cancelled. I mean I get the sense from him that he likes it here and will want to stay but I'm still a bit worried. The North American game is right there to be mastered and he's been handling it very well.
Vatanen was never a PPG player in Sm-Liiga and now he is over PPG in the AHL, so I find that argument to be odd. While AHL game is more high paced, it is less "intelligent" from what I've seen. I'd say they are about equal.

Old
10-30-2012, 03:18 PM
DuckJet
Road Rash

I wasnt talking about points. Basically everything but.

Closed Thread