HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Official BST Discussion Thread.

Closed Thread

Old
10-27-2012, 10:33 AM
NYI78

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YashinWorksHard View Post
He ended last season with an ugly ankle injury so i think he still needs a little time to be in good shape.

Any update with Kirill?
its not his ankle i was told ten days ago he had an "illness"

Old
10-27-2012, 10:33 AM
Renbarg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain Hemorrhage View Post
Kabanov said on twitter surgery went well. Did not say what the doctors did but he is hoping for a quick heal.
Surgery probably means that his tendons were affected in some way.

That's a devastating injury for a hockey player. Yashin was never the same after his tendons got sliced.

Old
10-27-2012, 10:45 AM
Strummergas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renbarg View Post
Surgery probably means that his tendons were affected in some way.

That's a devastating injury for a hockey player. Yashin was never the same after his tendons got sliced.
And I don't recall blood on the ice when that happened either.

Old
10-27-2012, 11:52 AM
Brain Hemorrhage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummergas View Post
And I don't recall blood on the ice when that happened either.
Yashin tore a sensory nerve and two tendons that supply strength to the wrist muscles. And there was quite a bit of blood as I recall.

Old
10-27-2012, 12:02 PM
Brain Hemorrhage

Kevin Schultz from Islanders Point Blank has video

Old
10-27-2012, 01:29 PM
seafoam
#hewenttoharvard

vCash: 50
That's tough for KK, when he makes his full recovery I hope he plays normal, injuries like that can sometimes affect a player mentally but if anyone can overcome that it would be Kirill.

Old
10-27-2012, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain Hemorrhage View Post
Was at the game with P Dub.

Kirill messaged me last night on Facebook @ 11:30pm. I am guessing it wasn't too serious, or he would've been in surgery by then most likely -- if it was a serious cut, he would have been taken to MGH, which is at least an hour away, which means he would not have gotten there until at least 9pm. I also think if it was more serious we would have seen blood on the ice... granted from our viewpoint we couldn't see the corner well where he fell down fighting for the puck.

Just saying.
Just for future reference, players injured in Worcester that require more significant medical care than the team doctors can provide on scene would go to St Vincent Hospital, which is directly across from the DCU Center. If the player for some reason needed a Level 1 trauma location they would be taken to UMass-Memorial Medical Center-University Campus, which is under a 10 minute ambulance ride from the DCU Center.

Old
10-27-2012, 06:50 PM
luki here

its terrible what happened to these two kids in the last days. Hopefully no one gets hurt tonite!

Old
10-27-2012, 06:53 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Made the trip over to Springfield. Ya know, Matt Donovan is Ryan Strome's long lost brother - spitting image. Sitting behind the bench and I keep thinking that every time I see him.

Old
10-27-2012, 07:04 PM
88th Precinct
Pitchfork Acquired

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Made the trip over to Springfield. Ya know, Matt Donovan is Ryan Strome's long lost brother - spitting image. Sitting behind the bench and I keep thinking that every time I see him.
Kinda like Alexei Yashin and Rod Blagojevich?

Their resemblance is CREEPY...

Old
10-27-2012, 07:10 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Nice goal by Nino. Love that he's crashing the net.

Old
10-27-2012, 08:19 PM
CREW99AW

Is Donovan playing tonight?

Old
10-27-2012, 10:57 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Is Donovan playing tonight?
This is the 2nd time in two nights when he was absolutely invisible live. I don't recall seeing him at all in the 3rd period, I was sitting at the Springfield goal end that period though. The only reason I know he played is because I think he looks just like Ryan Strome in face and frame. I think the Tigers really miss CDH, Wishart and Ness have not been impressive. I can't get over how small Ness is either, the kid is a midget. Hammer can only do so much on his own. Landry isn't bad though, keeps it simple and is very calm. This team could really use someone like Kichton because they ain't generating any offense as a group.

I really liked Nelson and Sundstrom tonight and thought both stood out. I can't wait until Nelson fills out because he could be a force. Sundstrom competes and has some pretty decent mitts. I've mentioned it before, but he looks just like Kabanov out there. Persson is a big boy, looks more filled out than the rest.

Nino continues to look pretty good. His goal was a nice tic tac toe passing play that he finished. I like that all of Nino's goals are of the 'in tight' variety with him going to the net. The kid is not bashful about shooting the puck. His pass to DeFazio was super sweet in the 3rd period, I had a perfect view of it. Johnny would have buried that. Nino's still not there yet, but the entire year at the Bridge is going to be great for his development. He could make a positive impact for the Isles next year if things continue.

Old
10-28-2012, 07:59 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
This is the 2nd time in two nights when he was absolutely invisible live. I don't recall seeing him at all in the 3rd period, I was sitting at the Springfield goal end that period though. The only reason I know he played is because I think he looks just like Ryan Strome in face and frame. I think the Tigers really miss CDH, Wishart and Ness have not been impressive. I can't get over how small Ness is either, the kid is a midget. Hammer can only do so much on his own. Landry isn't bad though, keeps it simple and is very calm. This team could really use someone like Kichton because they ain't generating any offense as a group.

I really liked Nelson and Sundstrom tonight and thought both stood out. I can't wait until Nelson fills out because he could be a force. Sundstrom competes and has some pretty decent mitts. I've mentioned it before, but he looks just like Kabanov out there. Persson is a big boy, looks more filled out than the rest.

Nino continues to look pretty good. His goal was a nice tic tac toe passing play that he finished. I like that all of Nino's goals are of the 'in tight' variety with him going to the net. The kid is not bashful about shooting the puck. His pass to DeFazio was super sweet in the 3rd period, I had a perfect view of it. Johnny would have buried that. Nino's still not there yet, but the entire year at the Bridge is going to be great for his development. He could make a positive impact for the Isles next year if things continue.
Thanks for the scouting report. I thought the rep on Donovan, was that he loved to shoot the puck. I thought he'd be much more involved, a bit of a puck hog really.

Do you think Nelson could score enough at the nhl level, to play the 2nd line center spot? I'm thinking Strome moves to Tavares wing and my favorite Frans Neilsen slides to the 3rd line center spot.

Old
10-28-2012, 12:11 PM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

I find it very disappointing that the highlights from the past two games still are not up at the BST website. You'd think that at least Friday's highlights would be up by a Sunday, especially considering that all of these games are being broadcast by a PPV network.

Old
10-28-2012, 12:57 PM
kuwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin Landvogt View Post
I find it very disappointing that the highlights from the past two games still are not up at the BST website. You'd think that at least Friday's highlights would be up by a Sunday, especially considering that all of these games are being broadcast by a PPV network.
Chapin, for highlights I usually check the BST youtube channel. They put them there much sooner, than they appear on the official web...

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSoundTigers

Old
10-29-2012, 07:17 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuwo View Post
Chapin, for highlights I usually check the BST youtube channel. They put them there much sooner, than they appear on the official web...

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSoundTigers
Ohhh, thank you man. Much appreciated!

Old
10-29-2012, 09:01 AM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin Landvogt View Post
I was just gonna say the team is still busy.

(looking for that winger for Yash)

TYVM Kuwo!

Old
10-29-2012, 09:31 AM
kuwo

glad to help

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Thanks for the scouting report. I thought the rep on Donovan, was that he loved to shoot the puck. I thought he'd be much more involved, a bit of a puck hog really.

Do you think Nelson could score enough at the nhl level, to play the 2nd line center spot? I'm thinking Strome moves to Tavares wing and my favorite Frans Neilsen slides to the 3rd line center spot.
I'm not sure about him being a center, but they play him on PK and he is looking pretty responsible defensively. I'm also not sure about his faceoff ability. Nevertheless he looks to me that he definitely has NHL top 6 potential. He is much faster than I expected and I also like his hockey sense especially in the offensive zone. However for a shoot-first player his shot looked a bit weak to me. And as was already stated, he needs to add some more weight.

I did not see any of his college games, so I'm basing my words only on 4 games I've seen so far in the AHL this season.

Old
10-30-2012, 01:04 AM
leaponover

Just watched the latest highlights, damn Poulin is so athletic!! He's gonna get a shot in the NHL with someone soon i'm sure.

Old
10-30-2012, 01:25 AM
SLAPSHOT723
Officer Clutterbuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaponover View Post
Just watched the latest highlights, damn Poulin is so athletic!! He's gonna get a shot in the NHL with someone soon i'm sure.
Yeah, the Islanders. You make it seem like they're going to trade him.

Old
10-30-2012, 02:11 AM
leaponover

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
Yeah, the Islanders. You make it seem like they're going to trade him.
I make it seem like if management doesn't find a spot for him then yeah he will get traded...or they may keep him in BP. I think he's been ready but hasn't gotten a shot...you think something different?

Old
10-30-2012, 11:45 AM
NYI78

Quote:
I make it seem like if management doesn't find a spot for him then yeah he will get traded...or they may keep him in BP. I think he's been ready but hasn't gotten a shot...you think something different?
he's athletic because he is out of position alot. i like kevin but i don't know what his upside is...maybe nhl starter..he does not catch the puck well and his rebound control is shaky. the kid has talent but he does have clear flaws

Old
10-30-2012, 12:35 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Officer Clutterbuck

Quote:
Yes. Nabokov gone, Poulin in. DP forever backup/injured.

Old
10-30-2012, 01:03 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:
I think he's been ready but hasn't gotten a shot...you think something different?
He's a young man. There's plenty of time for him to get "a shot".

Closed Thread