HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Molodezhnaya Hokkeinaya Liga (MHL) - Part II

View Poll Results: Does the MHL need a NEW thread for the 2013/2014 season?
Yes, it would be more convinient 1 25.00%
No, lets keep everything in one place 3 75.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-30-2012, 07:24 AM
  #376
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,497
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
MHL-A is expected to grow to 40 teams next year.

Another team from St. Petersburg is to join MHL family - "Forward" which is an independent hockey school

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 12:13 PM
  #377
Yakushev72
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,087
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
MHL-A is expected to grow to 40 teams next year.

Another team from St. Petersburg is to join MHL family - "Forward" which is an independent hockey school
Good news! The more teams, the more places for undiscovered prospects to develop and show their wares.

Yakushev72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 01:04 PM
  #378
Fulcrum
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakushev72 View Post
Good news! The more teams, the more places for undiscovered prospects to develop and show their wares.
I wonder how it's going to work out with MHL-B. Adding relatively strong teams to that league is important for long term.

I agree, the more jr teams the better. But they must maintain the high traditions of good hockey schools and quality, not just quantity.

Fulcrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 01:10 PM
  #379
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,497
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
i think MHL-A and MHL-B will be eventually unified into 3-4 regional leagues like the CHL

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 01:11 PM
  #380
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,497
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
I wonder how it's going to work out with MHL-B. Adding relatively strong teams to that league is important for long term.

I agree, the more jr teams the better. But they must maintain the high traditions of good hockey schools and quality, not just quantity.
also MHL-B is not all THAT bad, I mean of course you have the Platinas and Metallrug (M) of the world, but lada and olimpia who have relegated are not killing the league either.

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 01:59 PM
  #381
Fulcrum
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
also MHL-B is not all THAT bad, I mean of course you have the Platinas and Metallrug (M) of the world, but lada and olimpia who have relegated are not killing the league either.
Yes, but look at how the teams promoted from MHL-B are doing in MHL-A now. Aren't they pretty much last?

If they hope to merge the leagues some day, it'll be very important to strengthen B.

Fulcrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 06:42 PM
  #382
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,497
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
Yes, but look at how the teams promoted from MHL-B are doing in MHL-A now. Aren't they pretty much last?

If they hope to merge the leagues some day, it'll be very important to strengthen B.
yes, but don't another thing that's killing non-affiliated with the KHL clubs is the draft. Not only they don't have the financing KHL teams have, they loose their best players too, which puts them at a huge disadvantage. Oktan has lost it's best player in the draft to Amur (Abramov) and Berdsk won the MHL-b with a bunch of 90's who couldn't play in the MHL this year due to age.

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 11:23 AM
  #383
Yakushev72
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,087
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
Yes, but look at how the teams promoted from MHL-B are doing in MHL-A now. Aren't they pretty much last?

If they hope to merge the leagues some day, it'll be very important to strengthen B.
You make good points, but it seems to me that some of the MHL-B teams could be "here today, gone tomorrow." Inclusion in the MHL-A for those teams that are genuinely capable of making the transition might help to secure a long-term and productive presence in some locations where it would be beneficial for Russia to have active youth hockey in place. My guess is that MHL-B teams going to MHL-A will have a better chance of surviving long-term and improving enough to meet the level of competition.

You hit the target when you talked about inequality among hockey schools. It is in the best interest of the MHL, KHL and the RHF to make a concerted effort to upgrade the quality of hockey schools throughout the system so that there aren't just a handful (e.g., Traktor) that are of top quality.

Yakushev72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 06:06 AM
  #384
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 81,673
vCash: 50
What happened with Valeri Vasiliev? It was reported about a month or so ago that he'd be leaving the MHL to come play in the USHL for waterloo but seems he never came over. Any ideas?

__________________
Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 06:35 AM
  #385
ozo
Moderator
 
ozo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Latvia
Posts: 2,623
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Up to date MHL U18 scoring table - http://www.eliteprospects.com/league...tion=&sort=u18 It looks like Golyshev doesn't draw enough of attention around here, he has great numbers.

ozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 08:20 AM
  #386
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,497
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
What happened with Valeri Vasiliev? It was reported about a month or so ago that he'd be leaving the MHL to come play in the USHL for waterloo but seems he never came over. Any ideas?
are you talking the 94 born? playing in the MHL for spartak.

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 02:09 PM
  #387
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 81,673
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
are you talking the 94 born? playing in the MHL for spartak.
Yep. Do you know why he never came over? Was widely reported that he'd be coming over to play in the USHL for Waterloo but never came.

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 02:27 PM
  #388
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man
 
Helpoing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 1,035
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo View Post
Up to date MHL U18 scoring table - http://www.eliteprospects.com/league...tion=&sort=u18 It looks like Golyshev doesn't draw enough of attention around here, he has great numbers.
Thank you so much for the link. I frequent EP a lot, but didn't know about this function, because you can't chose MHL from the drop-down list. OK, it appears that you can manually change leagueID in the address bar, but that's not what one could call intuitive UI

Helpoing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 02:42 PM
  #389
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,497
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Yep. Do you know why he never came over? Was widely reported that he'd be coming over to play in the USHL for Waterloo but never came.
no, I don't, sorry

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 08:48 AM
  #390
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,497
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Lada is not doing so great in the MHL-B, how bad is the state of things over there if they lose both to Mednogorsk???

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 06:40 AM
  #391
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,497
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
http://www.allhockey.ru/news/134464/#reviewname

red stars roster is out, no names here to get really excited about, but if they play within an 1-1.5 hr drive I will go. I think they are playing Brown, that's within range for me

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 07:29 PM
  #392
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,497
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
frist Efimov promisses a team from Poland and now Estonia....http://mhl.khl.ru/news/index.php?ELE...51&SECTION_ID=

why does MHL need that?

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 09:59 PM
  #393
malkinfan
Moderator
 
malkinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 2,995
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Do you think its Efimov makking pressure or the countries making pressure on the MHL? Not a bad idea for these countries to adopt a junior ifrastructure rather than try to build their own..

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 01:06 AM
  #394
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
Do you think its Efimov makking pressure or the countries making pressure on the MHL? Not a bad idea for these countries to adopt a junior ifrastructure rather than try to build their own..
if I should change I would pick bold part. IMO MHL will expand into central Europe, then will be divided into european and russian league/conf - no games among conf during RS (like CHL).

vorky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 08:11 PM
  #395
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,497
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
do we know the schedule for the Red Stars this year? I want to attend the game vs Brown U.

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 02:18 AM
  #396
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
do we know the schedule for the Red Stars this year? I want to attend the game vs Brown U.
http://mhl.khl.ru/news/index.php?ELE...3&SECTION_ID=1

vorky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 08:25 AM
  #397
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,497
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
thanks, Jan 2nd then

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 08:24 PM
  #398
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,497
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
interesting point in the MHL: players drafted by other teams are playing for MHL clubs affiliated with KHL teams that haven't drafted them. Now I know it's not prohibited, once the team that drafted them didn't extend them an offer, but I am confused, why is this done, if they can't play for the club in the KHL, unless traded for. Why would you raise a trade value of a player for another KHL club though? If you ask me, I think this should be prohibited. (Examples from Red Army: Zykov (CSKA (and Tyumen) product, drafted by magnitka playing for RA, kramskoy (CSKA product), drafted by Severstal, playing for RA

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 01:35 AM
  #399
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
interesting point in the MHL: players drafted by other teams are playing for MHL clubs affiliated with KHL teams that haven't drafted them. Now I know it's not prohibited, once the team that drafted them didn't extend them an offer, but I am confused, why is this done, if they can't play for the club in the KHL, unless traded for. Why would you raise a trade value of a player for another KHL club though? If you ask me, I think this should be prohibited. (Examples from Red Army: Zykov (CSKA (and Tyumen) product, drafted by magnitka playing for RA, kramskoy (CSKA product), drafted by Severstal, playing for RA
What Zykov guy are you speaking about? I know only about Valentin,born 1995, now playing CHL. Maybe I missed something.

Players need to play as much as possible. If club that drafted them is not interested in them now, so why not play for another MHL team? They are still 17-18 y old, still have time to play senior hockey. Look at G Ustinsky, Tyumen product, drafted by Magnitka in 2011, played MHL for Tyumen in 2011/12, now playing for Magnitka. You know, Steel Foxed did not have vacant G spot for him last season, so it was better to develop at home in Tyumen. Maybe this is reason - not to leave your home city at early age. Especially if you can play the same league here - MHL. Another story is with guys from Rus Moscow etc which does not have MHL team.

vorky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 06:13 AM
  #400
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,497
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
different situation, as Ustinskiy played for the club that was not affiliated with a KHL team.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=169869

this guy

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:02 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.