HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

1st line right wing for Canucks (DISSCUSION)

Old
10-29-2012, 03:30 PM
KingCanadain1976

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Valuewise it's fair, and it would probably make us a better team, but I'm just reluctant to give him up for less than a star.

But it's definitely a good offer, however I just would rather see what we have in Jensen, due to me being a homer and valuing prospects more than NHLers like everyone else on here.

But to be honest I would have thought the Kings would try to keep their core together for as long as possible after winning the cup.
Well frist off im not ur typical king fan. I look to the future and see that penner and gagne are free agents. I want someone younger and cheaper for the left side. We do have some young talent coming(pearson and porkin) but im not convince they would make it . Jensen seems like a better then average chance of making it. I also like his size. He may even make it as our 3rd rw right now. We need some picks in this coming draft since our frist is going to columbus

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 04:05 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
Well frist off im not ur typical king fan. I look to the future and see that penner and gagne are free agents. I want someone younger and cheaper for the left side. We do have some young talent coming(pearson and porkin) but im not convince they would make it . Jensen seems like a better then average chance of making it. I also like his size. He may even make it as our 3rd rw right now. We need some picks in this coming draft since our frist is going to columbus
We'd be better off keeping Jensen. There's a good chance we don't see hockey this year, and if so, many think Jensen will be ready to step into the NHL next season and contribute. At the same time we have Kassian who I think would certainly be ready after another full season in the AHL. That's 2 young potential top 6 RWers, we only need one to pan out reasonably well for our need for a top 6 forward to be eliminated.

As such, both of those players are off the table unless we're getting a pretty special player back. I'd certainly offer up either player along with picks if it brought back Perry or Ryan for example. I'd like Williams, he just isn't worth moving our best prospect for right now. We need to get younger and bigger, Jensen is a representation of both.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 04:20 PM
NYVanfan

so what's the deal w Morrow?

some have said he's done ...too banged up, but I dunno

Dallas went out and acquired all kinds of other winger depth, so I'm wondering if he is available, at what price and is it worth it for the Canucks?

If relatively healthy, he seems like a solid Doan alternative -- gritty forward who brings leadership. However, he's only broken 50 pts once in the past 4 years...

1 year at $4.1M = price is right, capwise anyway
he's only 33, but is listed as a LW ...dunno if that'll work.

curious as the Stars have Jagr, Ryder, Whitney and Ericsson ...im imagining all play in the top 6

What are needs & likely price, Starsfans?

NYVanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 07:23 PM
Prairie Habs

Out of curiosity what would you guys give for Erik Cole? 6'2, 205lb, blazing speed, goes to the net, played all 82 games last year and had 35 goals, 61 points, 186 hits, and 241 shots.

If Montreal were to trade him they would probably be looking for a big, young, winger prospect with an age closer to the rest of our core.

Prairie Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 07:40 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
Out of curiosity what would you guys give for Erik Cole? 6'2, 205lb, blazing speed, goes to the net, played all 82 games last year and had 35 goals, 61 points, 186 hits, and 241 shots.

If Montreal were to trade him they would probably be looking for a big, young, winger prospect with an age closer to the rest of our core.
I think the only prospects we have that match that are Kassian/Jensen, and as was mentioned, I don't think they'd be available unless in a package for a star player. Erik cole is a good player, but at his age and based on past production, wouldn't merit moving one of those players.

We do have a b-prospect in Alex Grenier, who's 6'5 and went PPG in the QMJHL and is currently playing in Austria, if he's of any interest.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 07:42 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
I think the only prospects we have that match that are Kassian/Jensen, and as was mentioned, I don't think they'd be available unless in a package for a star player. Erik cole is a good player, but at his age and based on past production, wouldn't merit moving one of those players.

We do have a b-prospect in Alex Grenier, who's 6'5 and went PPG in the QMJHL and is currently playing in Austria, if he's of any interest.
Would be interested, but Kassian/Jensen are the main targets, but too much. Grenier is nice, but not enough. It's a tough situation.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 07:42 PM
furypurycanuck

i believe we need to rethink the real needs of the canucks.and they are clearly the second line production. all year they never really clicked allowing teams to key on the first.let's face it kesler and booth are both shooters they need someone with vision and a soft touch to spring them loose and allow them to use their speed aswell as setting up one timers.best solution would not be a play making winger but moving kesler to the wing and finding a decent 2nd line centre.too bad we taded hodgson

furypurycanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 07:52 PM
Ho Borvat

If Dallas was out of the playoff picture Whitney would make too much sense onthe 2nd line.

Ho Borvat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 10:02 PM
mstad101

Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
If Dallas was out of the playoff picture Whitney would make too much sense onthe 2nd line.
He signed for 2 years tho didn't he? If I were the GM of Dallas I may try to not sell any newly acquired free agents yet. Let Joe New earn some stripes before be can be truly respected in that manner.

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 10:06 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Gaborik for Kassian, 2013 1st and Hansen. (2013 offseason)

Canucks:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Kesler-Gaborik
Booth-Malhotra-Raymond
Bitz-Lapierre-Weise

Rangers:

Nash-Richards-Perry
Kreider-Stepan-Callahan
Kassian-Boyle-Hansen
Asham-Lindberg-Pyatt

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 10:20 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Oi! Why don't we just sign Perry ourselves?

But that is a pretty good offer that I might do now, but I probably wouldn't in the offseason. By that time Kassian might have clicked, or we might have acquired Perry ourselves anyways. Not taking away from Gaborik, but any move we make that would be futures for a star should take place before the playoffs.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 10:40 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post

Canucks:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Kesler-Gaborik
Booth-Malhotra-Raymond
Bitz-Lapierre-Weise

Rangers:

Nash-Richards-Perry
Kreider-Stepan-Callahan
Kassian-Boyle-Hansen
Asham-Lindberg-Pyatt
Would not trade that package for any upcoming UFA in the league, outside of maybe 3-4 guys. Gaborik is not one of them.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 11:08 PM
Macgruber

What would it take to aquire Loui Eriksson, I always felt like he would be the perfect addition on the Sedin line.

Macgruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 11:16 PM
Orca Smash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangles McGavin View Post
Kessel + Gardiner for Kesler + Schneider

Oh gawd.
My concerns with this, I prefer to trade lou isntead of schneider because I think he is going to be better then lou and i think lou is ready to move on from vc and the relationship with him and some fans is not overly healthy. Unfair to roberto mainly. The coach also went with our backup in a crucial final series of games in the playoffs, I honestly just dont see a scenario where schneider would be traded instead of lou.

Does toronto value schneider more then roberto? I actually think roberto suits the leafs better and can help mentor some of your younger goalies.

The bigger concern though while I really like kessel is putting him with the sedins, that would be a dynamite scoring line, but also the softest first line in the league.

Last edited by Orca Smash: 10-29-2012 at 11:22 PM.
Orca Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 11:20 PM
Karitimes
JetsJetsJets

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYVanfan View Post
so what's the deal w Morrow?

some have said he's done ...too banged up, but I dunno

Dallas went out and acquired all kinds of other winger depth, so I'm wondering if he is available, at what price and is it worth it for the Canucks?

If relatively healthy, he seems like a solid Doan alternative -- gritty forward who brings leadership. However, he's only broken 50 pts once in the past 4 years...

1 year at $4.1M = price is right, capwise anyway
he's only 33, but is listed as a LW ...dunno if that'll work.

curious as the Stars have Jagr, Ryder, Whitney and Ericsson ...im imagining all play in the top 6

What are needs & likely price, Starsfans?
He's not done, he was 32 coming off a season where he finished tied for 12th in goal scoring and this past season was a write off with neck and shoulder problems. It was not from one particular collision, it just kept getting re-aggrevated and he probably should have sat more than he did last year.

With a clear cut top 6, he will be given a slightly lesser role and foster in a lot of youth over the next few years with the arrivals of Reilly Smith, Chiasson, Eakin and Fraser. I like it personally.

Sure Dallas could have sold him off for a high price last offseason, but you just don't see teams doing that to a veteran captain coming off a 30 plus goal season. Doesn't happen. So we wait and see what this year looks like and maybe trade him at the TDL if the team isn't in it. I suspect you see a healthier physically ready Morrow if the season does get started.

To answer your question, we could use D, but high end D like everyone else. Other than that, I think Dallas' brass believe alot of the wingers in the system have the ability to slot into the top 6 when current bridge gappers like Jagr and Whitney and potentially Ryder moves on. IMO this team needs to stand pat. Benn, Roy, Eakin at center will be good for the next number of years...Eakin has been the best player in the AHL for Texas so far this year, noticably ready for full time NHL duty. With the team gravitating toward youth, you know they will keep some deep rooted Stars vets like Morrow and Robidas around. I would want a significant wing prospect for Morrow if you get him healthy at the trade deadline.

Last edited by Karitimes: 10-29-2012 at 11:35 PM.
Karitimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2012, 11:30 PM
Karitimes
JetsJetsJets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgruber View Post
What would it take to aquire Loui Eriksson, I always felt like he would be the perfect addition on the Sedin line.
He's not for sale. Altho strangely his house is up for sale in Dallas. He's the perfect fit for any line. He's one of a few with 70 points the past 3 seasons and his 2 way game is so overlooked. If he's in a more visable market, I believe he's up for a Selke by now.

Karitimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 07:51 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
Oi! Why don't we just sign Perry ourselves?

But that is a pretty good offer that I might do now, but I probably wouldn't in the offseason. By that time Kassian might have clicked, or we might have acquired Perry ourselves anyways. Not taking away from Gaborik, but any move we make that would be futures for a star should take place before the playoffs.
Completely understandable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLager View Post
Would not trade that package for any upcoming UFA in the league, outside of maybe 3-4 guys. Gaborik is not one of them.
Forgot to mentioned that Gabby is re-signed, but looking for next offseason may be looking too far ahead.

TBH, I think the package is pretty fair. Gaborik has more value than Brent Burns and this package is on line with what the Wild received.

Coyle = Kassian
1st = 1st
Setoguchi => Hansen (based on upside at the time)

Really think the Higgins-Kesler-Gaborik line would work well. Higgins can dig for loose pucks and Gaborik is always in position to pot in goals. The speed on the line will give defense fits.

Last edited by Kershaw: 10-30-2012 at 07:58 AM.
Old
10-30-2012, 08:16 AM
416Leafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orca Smash View Post

Does toronto value schneider more then roberto? I actually think roberto suits the leafs better and can help mentor some of your younger goalies.
I think everybody values Schneider more than Luongo.

- No big crazy contract
- Younger, so he can be a top goalie for significantly longer
- Is already more or less proven to be a great young starter, so there's no need to have Luongo "mentor" guys like Reimer/Scrivens, if we can just get a similar aged goalie who's far better than Reimer/Scrivens will ever be anyways.

416Leafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 11:33 AM
dave babych returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Would be interested, but Kassian/Jensen are the main targets, but too much. Grenier is nice, but not enough. It's a tough situation.
I don't know if I'd go for Cole personally, he'll be coming up on 35 at the start of next season with two years left at what could be a very large cap hit (if we see the cap come down without any corresponding rollback).

Plus as good as his year was in Montreal this player is hardly a surefire success wherever he goes (just look at his time in Edmonton).

I would definitely take him as a rental, but that's not happening any time soon.

That being said the Canucks could pretty easily package another (Francophone ) prospect and a pick with Grenier if it meant a big winger with some scoring ability coming back.

dave babych returns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 12:21 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Quote:
TBH, I think the package is pretty fair. Gaborik has more value than Brent Burns and this package is on line with what the Wild received.

Coyle = Kassian
1st = 1st
Setoguchi => Hansen (based on upside at the time)

Really think the Higgins-Kesler-Gaborik line would work well. Higgins can dig for loose pucks and Gaborik is always in position to pot in goals. The speed on the line will give defense fits.
Yeah, this isn't true for starters. At the time of that deal, Burns was four years younger than Gaborik is now, had more positional value (future #1 D vs #1 winger), and even with a concussion history had less wear and tear than Gabby. Also, the Sharks got to name their price and eat up UFA years, while whoever gets Gaborik will have to deal with his contract, which, while not a gross overpayment, doesn't fit into most salary structures, including Vancouver's.

As for your actual proposal, the Burns deal featured the Sharks trading from a position of significant strength (forward) to fill holes on defense. The Canucks have no such wealth anywhere in their organization, much less at forward, so Kassian and Hansen are significantly more valuable here.

Edit- if Gabby is available, I'd look to Phoenix, who might still need to replace Whitney's offense. Lord knows Sather and Maloney aren't strangers.

struckbyaparkedcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 12:50 PM
BayStBullies
Burn the Boats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 416Leafer View Post
I think everybody values Schneider more than Luongo.

- No big crazy contract
- Younger, so he can be a top goalie for significantly longer
- Is already more or less proven to be a great young starter, so there's no need to have Luongo "mentor" guys like Reimer/Scrivens, if we can just get a similar aged goalie who's far better than Reimer/Scrivens will ever be anyways.
Exactly this.

Adding Luongo into that proposal instead; takes Gardiner out of it. It is also not enough to encourage Toronto to move Kessel for; along with whatever other player would take Gardiner's place in the deal. Kessel is not moved for Kesler.

You would be looking at:

Luongo and Kesler for Kessel, and less than the usual proposals you have seen for Luongo (insert Bozak, etc.)

BayStBullies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 01:40 PM
SupermanPahlsson

Quote:

Canucks:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Kesler-Gaborik
Booth-Malhotra-Raymond
Bitz-Lapierre-Weise

Rangers:

Nash-Richards-Perry
Kreider-Stepan-Callahan
Kassian-Boyle-Hansen
Asham-Lindberg-Pyatt
How is it a forgone conclusion that Perry ends up in New York?

SupermanPahlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 01:59 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
Yeah, this isn't true for starters. At the time of that deal, Burns was four years younger than Gaborik is now, had more positional value (future #1 D vs #1 winger), and even with a concussion history had less wear and tear than Gabby. Also, the Sharks got to name their price and eat up UFA years, while whoever gets Gaborik will have to deal with his contract, which, while not a gross overpayment, doesn't fit into most salary structures, including Vancouver's.
Gaborik was 3rd in NHL goals. I just can't see going for any less.

And the deal is based on Gaborik signing agreeing to an extension.

Quote:
As for your actual proposal, the Burns deal featured the Sharks trading from a position of significant strength (forward) to fill holes on defense. The Canucks have no such wealth anywhere in their organization, much less at forward, so Kassian and Hansen are significantly more valuable here.
True. I was thinking guys like Jensen/Gaunce can offset the loss of Kassian and Hansen.

Quote:
Edit- if Gabby is available, I'd look to Phoenix, who might still need to replace Whitney's offense. Lord knows Sather and Maloney aren't strangers.
Phoenix probably can't afford to pay Gabby. Not sure what they would offer either. I would be looking at dealing something based around Yandle+ or a package of Samuelsson/1st/Boedker.

Old
10-30-2012, 02:00 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanPahlsson View Post
How is it a forgone conclusion that Perry ends up in New York?

Old
10-30-2012, 02:06 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:

Scottrockztheworld* is offline   Reply With Quote