HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2012, 08:21 AM
Mr. Hab

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitants View Post
we got PRUST for 4 yrs, calm down guys.

white is also a strong customer, im not worried.

i would rather have skilled prospects.

we have a number of young guys with good character. maybe not many fighters up front, but i would not mess around too much if Tinordi is in the lineup. Thrower will be ok too, hes just off to a rough start on a tough team. im sure he will show his value soon enough
Exactly...I'm VERY VERY happy with the players we have below (gritty and/or tough):

Prust (very excited about Prust and his 4 year contract...3 after this ****ing lockout!)
Moen (true 3rd line warrior..re-signed)
White (old-school, classic 4th liner with solid 3rd line upside)
Bouillon (solid bulldog #5-6 dman)
Armstrong (3rd-4th line...worth a try since he can be VERY physical...just has to stay healthy)

Future toughness:
Tinordi (2+ years away? good to be patient for his development)
Thrower (can't wait to see him in a Hab jersey...in approx.3yrs)
Dietz

After such a great draft...I'm not thinking about Matteau and others we didn't acquire (big, tough,etc) since we had an amazing draft.
I complain a lot about Markov but I'm SUPER positive about everything else when it comes to our Habs and our prospects . No matter what happens...I rate our recent Draft a 9 (or more) out of 10. Doesn't really get that much better than that!!

Old
10-30-2012, 10:09 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Charles Hudon ‏@KidHud_10
Back on track tomorrow with the boys ! #day18 #yellowjersey #hope #ready #sags

Sounds like he's going to practice tomorrow.

Old
10-30-2012, 10:21 AM
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
Are you serious bro, 10 days after his concussion and he still doesn't play? That kid is so weak.
Told you he was coming back already. One source was saying he could have play last week-end.

Old
10-30-2012, 10:47 AM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitants View Post
we got prust for 4 yrs, calm down guys.

white is also a strong customer, im not worried.

i would rather have skilled prospects.

we have a number of young guys with good character. maybe not many fighters up front, but i would not mess around too much if Tinordi is in the lineup. Thrower will be ok too, hes just off to a rough start on a tough team. im sure he will show his value soon enough
White found himself more often than not on the wrong side after a fight last year. Hell, he had a concussion after his last fight... He's tough, but good fighter? Not really.

Old
10-30-2012, 11:29 AM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
White found himself more often than not on the wrong side after a fight last year. Hell, he had a concussion after his last fight... He's tough, but good fighter? Not really.
White would whoop Matteau's ass, that's how bad Matteau is at fighting.

Old
10-30-2012, 11:36 AM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
White would whoop Matteau's ass, that's how bad Matteau is at fighting.
Lol... Matteau is 18 years old. And i was putting the name of Matteau outhere because he play a style of hockey that we dont have in our forward prospect.

Old
10-30-2012, 01:40 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Watching Pribyl today, first shift he had a good chance in close and a decent shot from just inside the blueline. Took both face-offs in the off zone, noticed in the past they have him take draws in the offensive zone.

Old
10-30-2012, 03:47 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Lol... Matteau is 18 years old. And i was putting the name of Matteau outhere because he play a style of hockey that we dont have in our forward prospect.
What you said was that you want someone with some skills and that can fight. Matteau can't fight. That's it. It doesn't matter that he's 18, if he can't do it in the juniors, in won't do it in the NHL.

Old
10-30-2012, 03:49 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Watching Pribyl today, first shift he had a good chance in close and a decent shot from just inside the blueline. Took both face-offs in the off zone, noticed in the past they have him take draws in the offensive zone.
Where'd you watch the game?

Old
10-30-2012, 03:53 PM
Maxpac

Tom Wilson was THE perfect prospect that fit the description. Kyle Beach is probably available (in a package) if the Hawks wanted to make a run for the cup and get Plekanec as their 2nd line center.

Old
10-30-2012, 03:55 PM
Andy

Trading Plekanec around a package centered around Beach? No thank you.

Old
10-30-2012, 03:59 PM
neil2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Now if the hawks were willing to trade Brandon Saad and let's say a 1st round pick in this year's draft I would definitely say yes to that

Old
10-30-2012, 04:03 PM
Slashers98

7 CHL Prospects Worth Watching for the Montreal Canadiens

7 CHL Prospects Worth Watching for the Montreal Canadiens
http://thehockeywriters.com/7-chl-pr...eal-canadiens/

An update regarding our prospects playing in the CHL!

Old
10-30-2012, 04:10 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Are you purposely looking to argue? I said Beach in a package, not a package around Beach. Atleast read correctly if you want to look smarter...

Tearavainen + Beach or Saad plus a 1st is 2 offers that would make me think for a while if I were Bergevin.

Old
10-30-2012, 04:19 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Wow pretty bleak picture on Thrower... What happened with the suspended because of ''playing by his own rule'' incident? Never heard about that..

Old
10-30-2012, 04:23 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Are you purposely looking to argue? I said Beach in a package, not a package around Beach. Atleast read correctly if you want to look smarter...

Tearavainen + Beach or Saad plus a 1st is 2 offers that would make me think for a while if I were Bergevin.
I'm not a fan of trading Plekanec but getting Beach&Teravainen would be awesome.

Old
10-30-2012, 04:23 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

What's funny is people think a player like Wilson, or Beach will be available in the 2nd rounder, or later.

It's possible, but these players get hype. Every team wants them, and some team will draft them if we don't.

Old
10-30-2012, 04:26 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Wow pretty bleak picture on Thrower... What happened with the suspended because of ''playing by his own rule'' incident? Never heard about that..
Not really 'bleak', the kid has some emotion and has to learn to keep it in control.

Old
10-30-2012, 04:32 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
What's funny is people think a player like Wilson, or Beach will be available in the 2nd rounder, or later.

It's possible, but these players get hype. Every team wants them, and some team will draft them if we don't.
It's a trend everytime a specific type of player starts dominating. Eveybody would like to have a Lucic in the line-up so everybody tries to draft one. When Chara became really good every defensmen over 6'4 were drafted too early and overhyped. I could say the same about offensive defensmen ala Karlsson or Doughty (see 2012 draft) or when Nash started to break out.

Old
10-30-2012, 04:32 PM
Andy

Quote:

I see zero reason for the Hawks to do that. Its not like ytheir window of opportunity is closing. Their core outside of Hossa is extremely young. They shouldn't and wouldn't move those types of assets for a short term gain. Toews, Kane, Bolland, Seabrook and Keith are all young enough to wait for the development of Saad, Tervainen and Beach. They will be a better keeping those pieces than running for Plekanec and a short term gain.

Old
10-30-2012, 04:36 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
I see zero reason for the Hawks to do that. Its not like ytheir window of opportunity is closing. Their core outside of Hossa is extremely young. They shouldn't and wouldn't move those types of assets for a short term gain. Toews, Kane, Bolland, Seabrook and Keith are all young enough to wait for the development of Saad, Tervainen and Beach. They will be a better keeping those pieces than running for Plekanec and a short term gain.
You talk as if Plekanec is 35 years old and on the decline, plus if you look at their whole depth chart, it's not like they're emptying the farm to get him, far from it. But they are in position to win it all one more time, thus the proposal.

Old
10-30-2012, 04:39 PM
Andy

I doubt the Hawks are that desperayte and I doubt that even if they that agree to such a return. Players better than Plekanec overr the past few years haven't drawn anything close to such a return. You're asking for their top 2 prospects plus a first. That's absurd.

Old
10-30-2012, 04:46 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post

No, I think the argument is "don't waste your first rounder trying to find the next Lucic, because they're so rare you're better off looking in the 2nd round or later".

It's too soon to call Beach a bust, but he hasn't shown much scoring ability in the AHL, and I know a lot of Hawk fans are pretty down on him.

Meanwhile, look at where some of the best power forwards currently in the game were drafted: Lucic (50th), Clowe (175th), Clarkson (ND), Backes (62nd)...

We do seem to be deficient in finding players who can mix it up in addition to their skill game, but once you start drafting big guys who can fight and hoping they can figure out their skill game afterwards (rather than the other way around) - then you're picking career AHLers.

Old
10-30-2012, 04:48 PM
That

Quote:

Holy ****. I'd be all over that trade. A first in a deep draft and one of the best prospects in the game for Plekanec. Chicago would be crazy to do that.

I'm not sure about he Teravainen and Beach trade though. I'm not sold on Teravainen yet.

On topic:

I'm disappointed in my limited viewings of Thrower this year. Last season he was probably one of my favourite prospects.

He has big holes in his defensive game, which wouldn't be as much of a concern if he was producing offensively. But he's not. Really hoping he a solid game tonight.

Old
10-30-2012, 04:51 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
On topic:

I'm disappointed in my limited viewings of Thrower this year. Last season he was probably one of my favourite prospects.

He has big holes in his defensive game, which wouldn't be as much of a concern if he was producing offensively. But he's not. Really hoping he a solid game tonight.
I haven't watched the Blades since early in the year when they were a trainwreck - are they starting to put together some wins these days? Or at least looking semi-competent when they lose even?

Closed Thread