HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV/Books/Movies/Music/Video Games) Part V

Closed Thread

Old
10-24-2012, 04:52 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

vCash: 500
Taken 2 was kind of a disappointment. Never thought I`d get enough of Liam Neeson`s badassery, but I did. Luckily for the male audience, there is still his daughter (Maggie Grace) wearing just bikinis. So that`s that.

Can`t wait to see the new 007 and Argo.

Old
10-24-2012, 05:08 PM
HeliDevil
Legendary

I saw Argo the other day. It is definitely worth seeing, Ben's been good recently.

Can't wait to see the new Bond and Lincoln. There's no way DDL doesn't nail the part of Abe.

Old
10-25-2012, 09:11 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
Taken 2 was kind of a disappointment. Never thought I`d get enough of Liam Neeson`s badassery, but I did. Luckily for the male audience, there is still his daughter (Maggie Grace) wearing just bikinis. So that`s that.

Can`t wait to see the new 007 and Argo.
to me, taken 2 had LESS ass-kicking and MORE story line. not what I expected. but I like liam enough to enjoy the movie, I suppose. worth $7.

I thought Maggie Grace had some of that d syndrome in the last film. by her looks, the way she acted, and especially the way she ran. but in this movie, she’s a legitimate piece of ace.

Old
10-25-2012, 09:39 AM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
to me, taken 2 had LESS ass-kicking and MORE story line. not what I expected. but I like liam enough to enjoy the movie, I suppose. worth $7.

I thought Maggie Grace had some of that d syndrome in the last film. by her looks, the way she acted, and especially the way she ran. but in this movie, she’s a legitimate piece of ace.
I love Liam as much as you, but I wouldn`t watch that movie again. I seriously don`t think it was worth the money.

And sorry, but American chick used to an automat who failed the driving test twice drifting with a manual Mercedes 1998 C-class taxi simply killed it for me.

Old
10-25-2012, 10:00 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

The Newsroom - best show on TV

Old
10-25-2012, 11:04 AM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
I'm forked

vCash: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM17 View Post
You must just be catching up on it - season 1 ended a while back.

Very good though. Not West Wing good yet, but it has potential.

Ball pits are just toilets filled with brightly colored balls instead of water.
Old
10-25-2012, 11:28 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

I watched the first 2 episodes last night. Got a bunch more to watch tonight.

Old
10-25-2012, 02:07 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
She reminds of Kristen Stewart, and that is not a good thing. Both seem to have no facial expressions.

Old
10-25-2012, 05:00 PM
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42

Maggie Grace will always be the whiny sister from Lost.

Who likes Muse? Loving the new album.

Panic Station is my favorite, been on repeat all day.

Old
10-26-2012, 05:16 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

new Calvin Harris album leaked

Old
10-26-2012, 07:36 PM
Kensu

vCash: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM17 View Post
There's probably 2 characters I can actually stand on that show.

Old
10-28-2012, 10:43 AM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

Alesso was ****ing amazing

Old
10-28-2012, 05:21 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Man View Post
Alesso was ****ing amazing
I greatly enjoyed all 3, although admittedly I didn't get into Otto Knows as much as I should have (I walked in the door literally as he was starting so I wasn't really "in" until 1/3 of the way through his set). Ingrosso was awesome as always. Never been to Pier 94, but its not a bad venue. That was a hell of an event/atmosphere yesterday.

I'm also stunned at how many compliments I received on my costume when all I did was wear a black shirt, jeans, and a Bane mask (which looks a lot like he does in the opening scene, minus a crap ton of muscles). But I'll take it.

Old
10-28-2012, 08:40 PM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
I greatly enjoyed all 3, although admittedly I didn't get into Otto Knows as much as I should have (I walked in the door literally as he was starting so I wasn't really "in" until 1/3 of the way through his set). Ingrosso was awesome as always. Never been to Pier 94, but its not a bad venue. That was a hell of an event/atmosphere yesterday.

I'm also stunned at how many compliments I received on my costume when all I did was wear a black shirt, jeans, and a Bane mask (which looks a lot like he does in the opening scene, minus a crap ton of muscles). But I'll take it.
Otto Knows was surprising great, million voices is my favorite from him. I left after 30 minutes into Ingrosso since I was coming down hard and my friend was so tired that it wasn't fair to make him wait another hour until 4. We were there since like 9:30. I got pretty close to the front too. I actually remember seeing a Bane costume but I feel there were a lot so it easily may not of been you.

Old
10-28-2012, 08:49 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Otto Knows was surprising great, million voices is my favorite from him. I left after 30 minutes into Ingrosso since I was coming down hard and my friend was so tired that it wasn't fair to make him wait another hour until 4. We were there since like 9:30. I got pretty close to the front too. I actually remember seeing a Bane costume but I feel there were a lot so it easily may not of been you.
If you saw me, it was in the back half of the crowd (never got too close, but didn't really try), on the right side if you were facing the stage. Like I said, it was the mask, and a black t-shirt/jeans. So if it was the full costume with that green-ish jump suit thing, that wasn't me. I saw one of those at the end.

First saw Otto Knows opening for Alesso at Governors Island. Didn't realize how good his sets were before that. Been a big fan of a lot of the remixes he has done though, so I was expecting it to be really good. Love his remix of Kick Out the Epic (which was the song he opened with if I ended up walking into the place in time for his first song). Ingrosso's set was great. Really high energy as it always is with him. For what its worth he did play Calling as well, but I think he probably ended up mixing it a bit with other things than what Alesso did (although Alesso came back out when he played it). I would say its a damn shame you didn't stay for it, as it was probably the best set I've heard from Ingrosso the 3 times I've seen him. But if you were there since 9:30 I can't blame you. I got there about 2 hours later, so staying until 4 wasn't terrible for me. I was dead tired by then though. I didn't have much left in me.

Old
10-28-2012, 10:21 PM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

Quote:
If you saw me, it was in the back half of the crowd (never got too close, but didn't really try), on the right side if you were facing the stage. Like I said, it was the mask, and a black t-shirt/jeans. So if it was the full costume with that green-ish jump suit thing, that wasn't me. I saw one of those at the end.

First saw Otto Knows opening for Alesso at Governors Island. Didn't realize how good his sets were before that. Been a big fan of a lot of the remixes he has done though, so I was expecting it to be really good. Love his remix of Kick Out the Epic (which was the song he opened with if I ended up walking into the place in time for his first song). Ingrosso's set was great. Really high energy as it always is with him. For what its worth he did play Calling as well, but I think he probably ended up mixing it a bit with other things than what Alesso did (although Alesso came back out when he played it). I would say its a damn shame you didn't stay for it, as it was probably the best set I've heard from Ingrosso the 3 times I've seen him. But if you were there since 9:30 I can't blame you. I got there about 2 hours later, so staying until 4 wasn't terrible for me. I was dead tired by then though. I didn't have much left in me.
I was on the left side so I doubt it was you then. I was in a construction outfit, vest and hat. I found an American flag on the ground which people were stepping on so I used it as a cape and kept it. I would of stayed but my friend was dying to get out. I saw Alesso who I really wanted to see and had a ****ing blast. I was pretty close so I was dancing and stuff for like 5 hours straight haha.

Also, $10 for a ****** bottle of Coors? I laughed.

Old
10-28-2012, 11:39 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
First heard this song playing a video game, now it's stuck in my head and I'm ok with that:

I'm glad that psychedelic style rock is still alive and well.

Old
10-29-2012, 10:17 AM
Scott04

Quote:
I was on the left side so I doubt it was you then. I was in a construction outfit, vest and hat. I found an American flag on the ground which people were stepping on so I used it as a cape and kept it. I would of stayed but my friend was dying to get out. I saw Alesso who I really wanted to see and had a ****ing blast. I was pretty close so I was dancing and stuff for like 5 hours straight haha.

Also, $10 for a ****** bottle of Coors? I laughed.
Yeah, the prices were ridiculous. I wasn't really planning on drinking, so I didn't care much. But if I had known, I would have had more before I got there. I was with a group of 6 people, myself included, so when they went for drinks, they were spending a lot. They got 5 red bull/vodkas and a bottle of water (which I requested) for $91 or something. Just absurd. But they had serious lines at the bars there, so I guess the venue made their money.

Old
10-29-2012, 10:44 AM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

Quote:
Yeah, the prices were ridiculous. I wasn't really planning on drinking, so I didn't care much. But if I had known, I would have had more before I got there. I was with a group of 6 people, myself included, so when they went for drinks, they were spending a lot. They got 5 red bull/vodkas and a bottle of water (which I requested) for $91 or something. Just absurd. But they had serious lines at the bars there, so I guess the venue made their money.
Oh they definitely made their money

Did you hear what happened at the Nassau Collessium concert that night? Jesus.

Old
10-29-2012, 10:58 AM
Scott04

Quote:
Oh they definitely made their money

Did you hear what happened at the Nassau Collessium concert that night? Jesus.
Yeah, I was reading about that after getting back from Pier 94. Pretty ridiculous. Sounds like it was an overall **** up by the promoter, the venue, security, etc. How they have that event with no minimum age (they merely said they "prefer" 16+ but won't ask anyone for ID unless 21+/trying to drink), no real security to check people and limit what they bring in, etc.... That's just beyond me. Makes all of these events look bad and its pretty damn disappointing.

Old
10-29-2012, 12:39 PM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

Quote:
Yeah, I was reading about that after getting back from Pier 94. Pretty ridiculous. Sounds like it was an overall **** up by the promoter, the venue, security, etc. How they have that event with no minimum age (they merely said they "prefer" 16+ but won't ask anyone for ID unless 21+/trying to drink), no real security to check people and limit what they bring in, etc.... That's just beyond me. Makes all of these events look bad and its pretty damn disappointing.
Yeah 16+ regardless is just dumb. I'd want a refund.

Old
10-29-2012, 12:47 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Yeah 16+ regardless is just dumb. I'd want a refund.
Thought I saw one article saying some who had contacted StubHub were getting refunds. No idea if other sources are giving any kind of refunds.

I get why some are 18+ or 19+, as they do ID one or two times at just about any show (once in general, once for wristbands). But something that low is just messed up. For things at regular arenas, like MSG or Barclays for SHM for example, are those 18+ Or are there age restrictions for certain areas like any GA/floor sections? Their security is obviously a lot better than Nassau, probably even more so since they've held these type of events already, but still. I don't think they would set themselves up for something stupid like this. Especially now after this has happened.

Old
10-30-2012, 03:14 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...billion-384448

uhm... da hell?

Old
10-30-2012, 03:59 PM
DevilsAnimal*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
-dies-

Old
10-30-2012, 04:01 PM
AZNDevil
Yay band.

I can't wait to see Luke take on Darth Goofy.

Closed Thread