HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV/Books/Movies/Music/Video Games) Part V

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-24-2012, 04:52 PM
  #101
Getzo5
The Punisher
 
Getzo5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Presov, SVK
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 21,973
vCash: 500
Taken 2 was kind of a disappointment. Never thought I`d get enough of Liam Neeson`s badassery, but I did. Luckily for the male audience, there is still his daughter (Maggie Grace) wearing just bikinis. So that`s that.

Can`t wait to see the new 007 and Argo.

Getzo5 is offline  
Old
10-24-2012, 05:08 PM
  #102
HeliDevil
Legendary
 
HeliDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,307
vCash: 500
I saw Argo the other day. It is definitely worth seeing, Ben's been good recently.

Can't wait to see the new Bond and Lincoln. There's no way DDL doesn't nail the part of Abe.

HeliDevil is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 09:11 AM
  #103
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333
 
MartyOwns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 10,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
Taken 2 was kind of a disappointment. Never thought I`d get enough of Liam Neeson`s badassery, but I did. Luckily for the male audience, there is still his daughter (Maggie Grace) wearing just bikinis. So that`s that.

Can`t wait to see the new 007 and Argo.
to me, taken 2 had LESS ass-kicking and MORE story line. not what I expected. but I like liam enough to enjoy the movie, I suppose. worth $7.

I thought Maggie Grace had some of that d syndrome in the last film. by her looks, the way she acted, and especially the way she ran. but in this movie, she’s a legitimate piece of ace.

MartyOwns is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 09:39 AM
  #104
Getzo5
The Punisher
 
Getzo5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Presov, SVK
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 21,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
to me, taken 2 had LESS ass-kicking and MORE story line. not what I expected. but I like liam enough to enjoy the movie, I suppose. worth $7.

I thought Maggie Grace had some of that d syndrome in the last film. by her looks, the way she acted, and especially the way she ran. but in this movie, she’s a legitimate piece of ace.
I love Liam as much as you, but I wouldn`t watch that movie again. I seriously don`t think it was worth the money.

And sorry, but American chick used to an automat who failed the driving test twice drifting with a manual Mercedes 1998 C-class taxi simply killed it for me.

Getzo5 is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 10:00 AM
  #105
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,939
vCash: 500
The Newsroom - best show on TV

GM17* is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 11:04 AM
  #106
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
I'm forked
 
Richer's Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: photoshop labor camp
Country: United States
Posts: 47,817
vCash: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM17 View Post
The Newsroom - best show on TV
You must just be catching up on it - season 1 ended a while back.

Very good though. Not West Wing good yet, but it has potential.

__________________

Ball pits are just toilets filled with brightly colored balls instead of water.
Richer's Ghost is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 11:28 AM
  #107
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,939
vCash: 500
I watched the first 2 episodes last night. Got a bunch more to watch tonight.

GM17* is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 02:07 PM
  #108
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,441
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
I thought Maggie Grace had some of that d syndrome in the last film. by her looks, the way she acted, and especially the way she ran. but in this movie, she’s a legitimate piece of ace.
She reminds of Kristen Stewart, and that is not a good thing. Both seem to have no facial expressions.

Saugus is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 05:00 PM
  #109
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,720
vCash: 500
Maggie Grace will always be the whiny sister from Lost.


Who likes Muse? Loving the new album.

Panic Station is my favorite, been on repeat all day.

Devilsfan92 is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 05:16 PM
  #110
kyle evs48
No words needed
 
kyle evs48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 29,151
vCash: 500
new Calvin Harris album leaked

kyle evs48 is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 07:36 PM
  #111
Kensu
Registered User
 
Kensu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 2,962
vCash: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM17 View Post
The Newsroom - best show on TV
There's probably 2 characters I can actually stand on that show.

Kensu is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 10:43 AM
  #112
Jersey Man
Mad Dog
 
Jersey Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 14,265
vCash: 500
Alesso was ****ing amazing

Jersey Man is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 05:21 PM
  #113
Scott04
Registered User
 
Scott04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 6,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Man View Post
Alesso was ****ing amazing
I greatly enjoyed all 3, although admittedly I didn't get into Otto Knows as much as I should have (I walked in the door literally as he was starting so I wasn't really "in" until 1/3 of the way through his set). Ingrosso was awesome as always. Never been to Pier 94, but its not a bad venue. That was a hell of an event/atmosphere yesterday.

I'm also stunned at how many compliments I received on my costume when all I did was wear a black shirt, jeans, and a Bane mask (which looks a lot like he does in the opening scene, minus a crap ton of muscles). But I'll take it.

Scott04 is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 08:40 PM
  #114
Jersey Man
Mad Dog
 
Jersey Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 14,265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
I greatly enjoyed all 3, although admittedly I didn't get into Otto Knows as much as I should have (I walked in the door literally as he was starting so I wasn't really "in" until 1/3 of the way through his set). Ingrosso was awesome as always. Never been to Pier 94, but its not a bad venue. That was a hell of an event/atmosphere yesterday.

I'm also stunned at how many compliments I received on my costume when all I did was wear a black shirt, jeans, and a Bane mask (which looks a lot like he does in the opening scene, minus a crap ton of muscles). But I'll take it.
Otto Knows was surprising great, million voices is my favorite from him. I left after 30 minutes into Ingrosso since I was coming down hard and my friend was so tired that it wasn't fair to make him wait another hour until 4. We were there since like 9:30. I got pretty close to the front too. I actually remember seeing a Bane costume but I feel there were a lot so it easily may not of been you.

Jersey Man is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 08:49 PM
  #115
Scott04
Registered User
 
Scott04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 6,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Man View Post
Otto Knows was surprising great, million voices is my favorite from him. I left after 30 minutes into Ingrosso since I was coming down hard and my friend was so tired that it wasn't fair to make him wait another hour until 4. We were there since like 9:30. I got pretty close to the front too. I actually remember seeing a Bane costume but I feel there were a lot so it easily may not of been you.
If you saw me, it was in the back half of the crowd (never got too close, but didn't really try), on the right side if you were facing the stage. Like I said, it was the mask, and a black t-shirt/jeans. So if it was the full costume with that green-ish jump suit thing, that wasn't me. I saw one of those at the end.

First saw Otto Knows opening for Alesso at Governors Island. Didn't realize how good his sets were before that. Been a big fan of a lot of the remixes he has done though, so I was expecting it to be really good. Love his remix of Kick Out the Epic (which was the song he opened with if I ended up walking into the place in time for his first song). Ingrosso's set was great. Really high energy as it always is with him. For what its worth he did play Calling as well, but I think he probably ended up mixing it a bit with other things than what Alesso did (although Alesso came back out when he played it). I would say its a damn shame you didn't stay for it, as it was probably the best set I've heard from Ingrosso the 3 times I've seen him. But if you were there since 9:30 I can't blame you. I got there about 2 hours later, so staying until 4 wasn't terrible for me. I was dead tired by then though. I didn't have much left in me.

Scott04 is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 10:21 PM
  #116
Jersey Man
Mad Dog
 
Jersey Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 14,265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
If you saw me, it was in the back half of the crowd (never got too close, but didn't really try), on the right side if you were facing the stage. Like I said, it was the mask, and a black t-shirt/jeans. So if it was the full costume with that green-ish jump suit thing, that wasn't me. I saw one of those at the end.

First saw Otto Knows opening for Alesso at Governors Island. Didn't realize how good his sets were before that. Been a big fan of a lot of the remixes he has done though, so I was expecting it to be really good. Love his remix of Kick Out the Epic (which was the song he opened with if I ended up walking into the place in time for his first song). Ingrosso's set was great. Really high energy as it always is with him. For what its worth he did play Calling as well, but I think he probably ended up mixing it a bit with other things than what Alesso did (although Alesso came back out when he played it). I would say its a damn shame you didn't stay for it, as it was probably the best set I've heard from Ingrosso the 3 times I've seen him. But if you were there since 9:30 I can't blame you. I got there about 2 hours later, so staying until 4 wasn't terrible for me. I was dead tired by then though. I didn't have much left in me.
I was on the left side so I doubt it was you then. I was in a construction outfit, vest and hat. I found an American flag on the ground which people were stepping on so I used it as a cape and kept it. I would of stayed but my friend was dying to get out. I saw Alesso who I really wanted to see and had a ****ing blast. I was pretty close so I was dancing and stuff for like 5 hours straight haha.

Also, $10 for a ****** bottle of Coors? I laughed.

Jersey Man is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 11:39 PM
  #117
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,441
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
First heard this song playing a video game, now it's stuck in my head and I'm ok with that:



I'm glad that psychedelic style rock is still alive and well.

Saugus is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 10:17 AM
  #118
Scott04
Registered User
 
Scott04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 6,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Man View Post
I was on the left side so I doubt it was you then. I was in a construction outfit, vest and hat. I found an American flag on the ground which people were stepping on so I used it as a cape and kept it. I would of stayed but my friend was dying to get out. I saw Alesso who I really wanted to see and had a ****ing blast. I was pretty close so I was dancing and stuff for like 5 hours straight haha.

Also, $10 for a ****** bottle of Coors? I laughed.
Yeah, the prices were ridiculous. I wasn't really planning on drinking, so I didn't care much. But if I had known, I would have had more before I got there. I was with a group of 6 people, myself included, so when they went for drinks, they were spending a lot. They got 5 red bull/vodkas and a bottle of water (which I requested) for $91 or something. Just absurd. But they had serious lines at the bars there, so I guess the venue made their money.

Scott04 is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 10:44 AM
  #119
Jersey Man
Mad Dog
 
Jersey Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 14,265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
Yeah, the prices were ridiculous. I wasn't really planning on drinking, so I didn't care much. But if I had known, I would have had more before I got there. I was with a group of 6 people, myself included, so when they went for drinks, they were spending a lot. They got 5 red bull/vodkas and a bottle of water (which I requested) for $91 or something. Just absurd. But they had serious lines at the bars there, so I guess the venue made their money.
Oh they definitely made their money

Did you hear what happened at the Nassau Collessium concert that night? Jesus.

Jersey Man is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 10:58 AM
  #120
Scott04
Registered User
 
Scott04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 6,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Man View Post
Oh they definitely made their money

Did you hear what happened at the Nassau Collessium concert that night? Jesus.
Yeah, I was reading about that after getting back from Pier 94. Pretty ridiculous. Sounds like it was an overall **** up by the promoter, the venue, security, etc. How they have that event with no minimum age (they merely said they "prefer" 16+ but won't ask anyone for ID unless 21+/trying to drink), no real security to check people and limit what they bring in, etc.... That's just beyond me. Makes all of these events look bad and its pretty damn disappointing.

Scott04 is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 12:39 PM
  #121
Jersey Man
Mad Dog
 
Jersey Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 14,265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
Yeah, I was reading about that after getting back from Pier 94. Pretty ridiculous. Sounds like it was an overall **** up by the promoter, the venue, security, etc. How they have that event with no minimum age (they merely said they "prefer" 16+ but won't ask anyone for ID unless 21+/trying to drink), no real security to check people and limit what they bring in, etc.... That's just beyond me. Makes all of these events look bad and its pretty damn disappointing.
Yeah 16+ regardless is just dumb. I'd want a refund.

Jersey Man is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 12:47 PM
  #122
Scott04
Registered User
 
Scott04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 6,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Man View Post
Yeah 16+ regardless is just dumb. I'd want a refund.
Thought I saw one article saying some who had contacted StubHub were getting refunds. No idea if other sources are giving any kind of refunds.

I get why some are 18+ or 19+, as they do ID one or two times at just about any show (once in general, once for wristbands). But something that low is just messed up. For things at regular arenas, like MSG or Barclays for SHM for example, are those 18+ Or are there age restrictions for certain areas like any GA/floor sections? Their security is obviously a lot better than Nassau, probably even more so since they've held these type of events already, but still. I don't think they would set themselves up for something stupid like this. Especially now after this has happened.

Scott04 is offline  
Old
10-30-2012, 03:14 PM
  #123
Getzo5
The Punisher
 
Getzo5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Presov, SVK
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 21,973
vCash: 500
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...billion-384448

uhm... da hell?

Getzo5 is offline  
Old
10-30-2012, 03:59 PM
  #124
DevilsAnimal*
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
-dies-

DevilsAnimal* is offline  
Old
10-30-2012, 04:01 PM
  #125
AZNDevil
Yay band.
 
AZNDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Morgantown, WV
Country: United States
Posts: 7,628
vCash: 500
I can't wait to see Luke take on Darth Goofy.

AZNDevil is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.