HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

EHM 07 - Part 9

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-29-2012, 06:55 PM
  #626
18Hossa
Registered User
 
18Hossa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,934
vCash: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
I think the dual Gretzky entries is because I set him to Player/Coach (so I could have him play then retire after a season for a Gretzky regen for those that don't know... I also did this for Lemieux and Gretzky). I'm going to fix that if I ever restart my file.
newb question but how do you set it so that gretzky and lemieux regen?

18Hossa is online now  
Old
10-29-2012, 08:17 PM
  #627
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime
 
Richie Daggers Crime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYI fan in Atl
Posts: 9,201
vCash: 500
You make them players.

Richie Daggers Crime is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 08:22 PM
  #628
18Hossa
Registered User
 
18Hossa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,934
vCash: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
You make them players.
Ok, thanks.

18Hossa is online now  
Old
10-29-2012, 08:39 PM
  #629
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS
 
irunthepeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Peg, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,385
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Hossa View Post
Ok, thanks.
Yeah, just add them back as a player. Be warned, that's what creates the dual entry in the record books in game and I don't know how to eliminate the second entry so I just decided to not care and leave it.

irunthepeg is online now  
Old
10-29-2012, 08:47 PM
  #630
18Hossa
Registered User
 
18Hossa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,934
vCash: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
Yeah, just add them back as a player. Be warned, that's what creates the dual entry in the record books in game and I don't know how to eliminate the second entry so I just decided to not care and leave it.
wait will setting them as Player and Non-Player work? Because if i set them to player it says it is not allowed becasue non-player job is selected.

18Hossa is online now  
Old
10-29-2012, 11:27 PM
  #631
RO8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Courtenay
Country: Canada
Posts: 186
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
Sure, I'll upload it somewhere when I get home from work. Is rapidshare an approved site of this forum? I don't wanna get an infraction for posting something illegal but I'd gladly share it with others.

Be warned, I don't have EVERY player from the 2012/2013 drafts in there, just the ones I wanted. I still might go back and put guys like Dougie Hamilton, Ryan Strome, Subban 2 & 3, etc. I only ended up putting guys in that I want to be in my next file. If I recall correctly, I've got Yakupov, Scheifele, Huberdeau, Galchenyuk, Trouba, Barkov, Mackinnon, Drouin, and a few others but nothing close to the full draft classes... mostly just first rounders.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/4nszsx

Here is my upgraded Unfaked 2006/2007 database. For the players of the most recent and upcoming drafts, their attributes are what I felt like setting them as so don't get mad if they're way off of what they actually end up being. I did my best to use some scout reports to mold them into those types of players.
Well if I got to start over again I might aswell use these rosters. I like the new colours but don't know how to change them and I love all the old regens.

RO8 is offline  
Old
10-30-2012, 10:42 AM
  #632
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS
 
irunthepeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Peg, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,385
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RO8 View Post
Well if I got to start over again I might aswell use these rosters. I like the new colours but don't know how to change them and I love all the old regens.
If you have the pre-game editor, you just go to the teams tab and edit the team, in there is a tab with colours.

Thanks, glad you like them I changed a few things, like a couple names of players so that they're not my own name or my friends names

And 18Hossa, yes it will work and if you want them to just be a player, you just go to the next tab and change their job from coach to player (I assume you're talking about Gretzky, in which, I set his team to Edmonton and gave him a salary as a player and set him to a player so that he will play one year then retire).

irunthepeg is online now  
Old
10-30-2012, 04:07 PM
  #633
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
Sure, I'll upload it somewhere when I get home from work. Is rapidshare an approved site of this forum? I don't wanna get an infraction for posting something illegal but I'd gladly share it with others.

Be warned, I don't have EVERY player from the 2012/2013 drafts in there, just the ones I wanted. I still might go back and put guys like Dougie Hamilton, Ryan Strome, Subban 2 & 3, etc. I only ended up putting guys in that I want to be in my next file. If I recall correctly, I've got Yakupov, Scheifele, Huberdeau, Galchenyuk, Trouba, Barkov, Mackinnon, Drouin, and a few others but nothing close to the full draft classes... mostly just first rounders.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/4nszsx

Here is my upgraded Unfaked 2006/2007 database. For the players of the most recent and upcoming drafts, their attributes are what I felt like setting them as so don't get mad if they're way off of what they actually end up being. I did my best to use some scout reports to mold them into those types of players.
It's the thought that counts, I really appreaciate it.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline  
Old
10-30-2012, 04:27 PM
  #634
18Hossa
Registered User
 
18Hossa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,934
vCash: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
If you have the pre-game editor, you just go to the teams tab and edit the team, in there is a tab with colours.

Thanks, glad you like them I changed a few things, like a couple names of players so that they're not my own name or my friends names

And 18Hossa, yes it will work and if you want them to just be a player, you just go to the next tab and change their job from coach to player (I assume you're talking about Gretzky, in which, I set his team to Edmonton and gave him a salary as a player and set him to a player so that he will play one year then retire).
thanks a lot!

18Hossa is online now  
Old
10-30-2012, 07:35 PM
  #635
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS
 
irunthepeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Peg, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,385
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
It's the thought that counts, I really appreaciate it.
No problem, hope you get lots of use from it

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Hossa View Post
thanks a lot!
Not a problem, I'll try answer any questions you may have. We seem to have a pretty good community of people in these threads that can provide info.

irunthepeg is online now  
Old
10-30-2012, 09:57 PM
  #636
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
No problem, hope you get lots of use from it



Not a problem, I'll try answer any questions you may have. We seem to have a pretty good community of people in these threads that can provide info.
I will, I'll invalidate Fedor, and create myself....

Looking forward to playing alongside Gretzky !

IHaveNoCreativity is offline  
Old
10-31-2012, 08:16 AM
  #637
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS
 
irunthepeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Peg, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,385
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
I will, I'll invalidate Fedor, and create myself....

Looking forward to playing alongside Gretzky !
That works, or just set his name to your name he's got all the best things you'd want in personality traits. PS. Took me forever to realize those "staff attributes" are largely what make up a player's personality. Oh and Gretzky will probably only be there a year or at most two. He's for sure ready to retire.

The one thing I hate about having my team is, because I've got such a high scoring team, all these guys come off $1.0 mil contracts expecting raises to $4.5-$6 mil per year contracts. I usually let guys go to RFA and sign them to longer deals.

That's the one thing I've never liked with the game's engine... players always only want two years max if they're extremely loyal (like Ovechkin keeps just asking for three years @ $6.5 mil per). Otherwise they want one year contracts. My goalie I signed to a nine year contract at around $2.5 mil back when he was still in the AHL. I figure Price will retire by the time that contact is up so I can give him the $3 mil raise at some point and then he can make the $5 mil salary.

irunthepeg is online now  
Old
10-31-2012, 01:58 PM
  #638
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime
 
Richie Daggers Crime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYI fan in Atl
Posts: 9,201
vCash: 500
I shifted my star to LW to accomodate an up and coming centerman who was stagnating on the 2nd line. I thought his production would suffer, but on the contrary... he's tearing it up. Doubt he can maintain this pace, though. He's 60 points from Gretzky's career mark.


Richie Daggers Crime is offline  
Old
10-31-2012, 08:23 PM
  #639
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS
 
irunthepeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Peg, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,385
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
I shifted my star to LW to accomodate an up and coming centerman who was stagnating on the 2nd line. I thought his production would suffer, but on the contrary... he's tearing it up. Doubt he can maintain this pace, though. He's 60 points from Gretzky's career mark.

Holy ****, 100 pts in 26 games you are incredible.

irunthepeg is online now  
Old
10-31-2012, 08:32 PM
  #640
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
I shifted my star to LW to accomodate an up and coming centerman who was stagnating on the 2nd line. I thought his production would suffer, but on the contrary... he's tearing it up. Doubt he can maintain this pace, though. He's 60 points from Gretzky's career mark.

That's ****ing insane..

IHaveNoCreativity is offline  
Old
11-02-2012, 02:38 PM
  #641
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS
 
irunthepeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Peg, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,385
vCash: 50
So I was finding I was having troubles with goalies in two ways... either a) Price/Yanetti (my new #1 US regen) would have a really bad start to the season where they let in tons of goals and have a sub .900 SV% for the first month then fail to ever recover to getting above .920 or b) they would have a good first half but then falter in the second.

So here's what I did... I had tons of guys that had great stickhandling and other stats and I let them 'carry puck' or 'join rush' so I turned that off for everybody except my first offensive line and my Orr regen and then suddenly two shutouts in a row and now having lots of 0-2 GA games. It's funny because I still end up scoring 8+ goals a lot of the time.

FYI, setting 'carry puck' and 'join rush' on all your players will make it like 80s scoring.

irunthepeg is online now  
Old
11-02-2012, 03:55 PM
  #642
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher
 
Vikke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bustoville
Country: Sweden
Posts: 12,898
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
Holy ****, 100 pts in 26 games you are incredible.
I've had a guy with a 100 pts after 26 games in the OHL. That team was pretty damn stacked. No regens or edited players, just the original un-fake database. Owen Sound Attack. I kinda miss that save.

Vikke is offline  
Old
11-02-2012, 10:11 PM
  #643
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,099
vCash: 500
My MJHC team just won the Mem cup in the Lidas 2.3 edited rosters...

We have the 1st pick in the draft via the Allen trade..

I'm going 1st lol...

I made a few Q trades like the whole future compensation trades... But I was fair.

I just gave up my number 2 who would be a number 1 on most teams along with Hynes who played in the QJAHL because I'm so deep.. Guy's a 1/2nd liner..

I also have to give up Ouellet to Cape Breton as part of the Roy trade..

Still stacked, heading into year 3... Kuznetsov, Lebalnc and Avtsin can all return along with a few others I had to at Huberdeau on the 4th like this year..

IHaveNoCreativity is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 05:48 PM
  #644
Duff88
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,028
vCash: 500
Manimal Rosters v5.0 Coming Soon

Excellent. Can't wait!

Duff88 is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 06:44 PM
  #645
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS
 
irunthepeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Peg, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,385
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff88 View Post
Manimal Rosters v5.0 Coming Soon

Excellent. Can't wait!
Good news! I hope all the players are where they "should be" this year. It would be kind of cool to see a Europe-filled league though... I'd rather do it myself with the few that went over.

irunthepeg is online now  
Old
11-07-2012, 12:50 PM
  #646
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff88 View Post
Manimal Rosters v5.0 Coming Soon

Excellent. Can't wait!
Can't wait !

Should be fun !

IHaveNoCreativity is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 01:54 PM
  #647
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS
 
irunthepeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Peg, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,385
vCash: 50
So last season, this guy I had signed for like $1.2 mil/year for 2 years all of a sudden declares he wants to be traded and wants to go to a new team... for no reason. It was out of nowhere. So I ignore it and let him go to RFA. He goes to arbitration, he wanted like $4 mil/year and arbitration gave him $2.6 for 1 year (he won the Selke 2 years ago and can put up like decent numbers if needed but I had him at the third line because he had 20s in checking and pokecheck). So I traded the dude this season. I got this guy from Toronto that has all greens in his technical stats and I signed him to a 10 year $2 mil/year contract as well as the Hossa regen to a 10 year $2.4/year contract.

I think I also have the Iginla regen... next year he's up for contract renewal. If I can lock both of them up, I might try train one on LW and trade my current 2nd line RW (a 6th round pick who put up 100+ points in his rookie season).

My team is getting very interesting, I'm super stacked on RW (Iginla?, Jagr, Hossa, Czech 6th rounder who plays well, plus I got a guy who's almost all yellows that will make a good checking 3rd liner).

irunthepeg is online now  
Old
11-07-2012, 02:06 PM
  #648
elias026
Registered User
 
elias026's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,010
vCash: 500
how do you lock up players more then 3, 4 years

elias026 is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 03:24 PM
  #649
StormSurge9
Registered User
 
StormSurge9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Guelph, ONT
Posts: 909
vCash: 500
Manimal rosters were released today.

StormSurge9 is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 12:05 AM
  #650
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime
 
Richie Daggers Crime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYI fan in Atl
Posts: 9,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by elias026 View Post
how do you lock up players more then 3, 4 years
If you get to them before their reputation gets too high, you can sign them long term. Once they become established, you get 1-3 year deals unless you overpay.

Richie Daggers Crime is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:09 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.