HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

EHM 07 - Part 9

Closed Thread

Old
10-29-2012, 06:55 PM
18Hossa

vCash: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
I think the dual Gretzky entries is because I set him to Player/Coach (so I could have him play then retire after a season for a Gretzky regen for those that don't know... I also did this for Lemieux and Gretzky). I'm going to fix that if I ever restart my file.
newb question but how do you set it so that gretzky and lemieux regen?

Old
10-29-2012, 08:17 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

vCash: 500
You make them players.

Old
10-29-2012, 08:22 PM
18Hossa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
You make them players.
Ok, thanks.

Old
10-29-2012, 08:39 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Hossa View Post
Ok, thanks.
Yeah, just add them back as a player. Be warned, that's what creates the dual entry in the record books in game and I don't know how to eliminate the second entry so I just decided to not care and leave it.

Old
10-29-2012, 08:47 PM
18Hossa

Quote:
Yeah, just add them back as a player. Be warned, that's what creates the dual entry in the record books in game and I don't know how to eliminate the second entry so I just decided to not care and leave it.
wait will setting them as Player and Non-Player work? Because if i set them to player it says it is not allowed becasue non-player job is selected.

Old
10-29-2012, 11:27 PM
RO8

Quote:
Sure, I'll upload it somewhere when I get home from work. Is rapidshare an approved site of this forum? I don't wanna get an infraction for posting something illegal but I'd gladly share it with others.

Be warned, I don't have EVERY player from the 2012/2013 drafts in there, just the ones I wanted. I still might go back and put guys like Dougie Hamilton, Ryan Strome, Subban 2 & 3, etc. I only ended up putting guys in that I want to be in my next file. If I recall correctly, I've got Yakupov, Scheifele, Huberdeau, Galchenyuk, Trouba, Barkov, Mackinnon, Drouin, and a few others but nothing close to the full draft classes... mostly just first rounders.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/4nszsx

Here is my upgraded Unfaked 2006/2007 database. For the players of the most recent and upcoming drafts, their attributes are what I felt like setting them as so don't get mad if they're way off of what they actually end up being. I did my best to use some scout reports to mold them into those types of players.
Well if I got to start over again I might aswell use these rosters. I like the new colours but don't know how to change them and I love all the old regens.

Old
10-30-2012, 10:42 AM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RO8 View Post
Well if I got to start over again I might aswell use these rosters. I like the new colours but don't know how to change them and I love all the old regens.
If you have the pre-game editor, you just go to the teams tab and edit the team, in there is a tab with colours.

Thanks, glad you like them I changed a few things, like a couple names of players so that they're not my own name or my friends names

And 18Hossa, yes it will work and if you want them to just be a player, you just go to the next tab and change their job from coach to player (I assume you're talking about Gretzky, in which, I set his team to Edmonton and gave him a salary as a player and set him to a player so that he will play one year then retire).

Old
10-30-2012, 04:07 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Sure, I'll upload it somewhere when I get home from work. Is rapidshare an approved site of this forum? I don't wanna get an infraction for posting something illegal but I'd gladly share it with others.

Be warned, I don't have EVERY player from the 2012/2013 drafts in there, just the ones I wanted. I still might go back and put guys like Dougie Hamilton, Ryan Strome, Subban 2 & 3, etc. I only ended up putting guys in that I want to be in my next file. If I recall correctly, I've got Yakupov, Scheifele, Huberdeau, Galchenyuk, Trouba, Barkov, Mackinnon, Drouin, and a few others but nothing close to the full draft classes... mostly just first rounders.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/4nszsx

Here is my upgraded Unfaked 2006/2007 database. For the players of the most recent and upcoming drafts, their attributes are what I felt like setting them as so don't get mad if they're way off of what they actually end up being. I did my best to use some scout reports to mold them into those types of players.
It's the thought that counts, I really appreaciate it.

Old
10-30-2012, 04:27 PM
18Hossa

Quote:
If you have the pre-game editor, you just go to the teams tab and edit the team, in there is a tab with colours.

Thanks, glad you like them I changed a few things, like a couple names of players so that they're not my own name or my friends names

And 18Hossa, yes it will work and if you want them to just be a player, you just go to the next tab and change their job from coach to player (I assume you're talking about Gretzky, in which, I set his team to Edmonton and gave him a salary as a player and set him to a player so that he will play one year then retire).
thanks a lot!

Old
10-30-2012, 07:35 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
It's the thought that counts, I really appreaciate it.
No problem, hope you get lots of use from it

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Hossa View Post
thanks a lot!
Not a problem, I'll try answer any questions you may have. We seem to have a pretty good community of people in these threads that can provide info.

Old
10-30-2012, 09:57 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
No problem, hope you get lots of use from it

Not a problem, I'll try answer any questions you may have. We seem to have a pretty good community of people in these threads that can provide info.
I will, I'll invalidate Fedor, and create myself....

Looking forward to playing alongside Gretzky !

Old
10-31-2012, 08:16 AM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
I will, I'll invalidate Fedor, and create myself....

Looking forward to playing alongside Gretzky !
That works, or just set his name to your name he's got all the best things you'd want in personality traits. PS. Took me forever to realize those "staff attributes" are largely what make up a player's personality. Oh and Gretzky will probably only be there a year or at most two. He's for sure ready to retire.

The one thing I hate about having my team is, because I've got such a high scoring team, all these guys come off $1.0 mil contracts expecting raises to $4.5-$6 mil per year contracts. I usually let guys go to RFA and sign them to longer deals.

That's the one thing I've never liked with the game's engine... players always only want two years max if they're extremely loyal (like Ovechkin keeps just asking for three years @ $6.5 mil per). Otherwise they want one year contracts. My goalie I signed to a nine year contract at around $2.5 mil back when he was still in the AHL. I figure Price will retire by the time that contact is up so I can give him the $3 mil raise at some point and then he can make the $5 mil salary.

Old
10-31-2012, 01:58 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

I shifted my star to LW to accomodate an up and coming centerman who was stagnating on the 2nd line. I thought his production would suffer, but on the contrary... he's tearing it up. Doubt he can maintain this pace, though. He's 60 points from Gretzky's career mark.

Old
10-31-2012, 08:23 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
I shifted my star to LW to accomodate an up and coming centerman who was stagnating on the 2nd line. I thought his production would suffer, but on the contrary... he's tearing it up. Doubt he can maintain this pace, though. He's 60 points from Gretzky's career mark.

Holy ****, 100 pts in 26 games you are incredible.

Old
10-31-2012, 08:32 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:

That's ****ing insane..

Old
11-02-2012, 02:38 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

So I was finding I was having troubles with goalies in two ways... either a) Price/Yanetti (my new #1 US regen) would have a really bad start to the season where they let in tons of goals and have a sub .900 SV% for the first month then fail to ever recover to getting above .920 or b) they would have a good first half but then falter in the second.

So here's what I did... I had tons of guys that had great stickhandling and other stats and I let them 'carry puck' or 'join rush' so I turned that off for everybody except my first offensive line and my Orr regen and then suddenly two shutouts in a row and now having lots of 0-2 GA games. It's funny because I still end up scoring 8+ goals a lot of the time.

FYI, setting 'carry puck' and 'join rush' on all your players will make it like 80s scoring.

Old
11-02-2012, 03:55 PM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

Quote:
Holy ****, 100 pts in 26 games you are incredible.
I've had a guy with a 100 pts after 26 games in the OHL. That team was pretty damn stacked. No regens or edited players, just the original un-fake database. Owen Sound Attack. I kinda miss that save.

Old
11-02-2012, 10:11 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

My MJHC team just won the Mem cup in the Lidas 2.3 edited rosters...

We have the 1st pick in the draft via the Allen trade..

I'm going 1st lol...

I made a few Q trades like the whole future compensation trades... But I was fair.

I just gave up my number 2 who would be a number 1 on most teams along with Hynes who played in the QJAHL because I'm so deep.. Guy's a 1/2nd liner..

I also have to give up Ouellet to Cape Breton as part of the Roy trade..

Still stacked, heading into year 3... Kuznetsov, Lebalnc and Avtsin can all return along with a few others I had to at Huberdeau on the 4th like this year..

Old
11-05-2012, 05:48 PM
Duff88

Manimal Rosters v5.0 Coming Soon

Excellent. Can't wait!

Old
11-05-2012, 06:44 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff88 View Post

Excellent. Can't wait!
Good news! I hope all the players are where they "should be" this year. It would be kind of cool to see a Europe-filled league though... I'd rather do it myself with the few that went over.

Old
11-07-2012, 12:50 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff88 View Post

Excellent. Can't wait!
Can't wait !

Should be fun !

Old
11-07-2012, 01:54 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

So last season, this guy I had signed for like $1.2 mil/year for 2 years all of a sudden declares he wants to be traded and wants to go to a new team... for no reason. It was out of nowhere. So I ignore it and let him go to RFA. He goes to arbitration, he wanted like $4 mil/year and arbitration gave him $2.6 for 1 year (he won the Selke 2 years ago and can put up like decent numbers if needed but I had him at the third line because he had 20s in checking and pokecheck). So I traded the dude this season. I got this guy from Toronto that has all greens in his technical stats and I signed him to a 10 year $2 mil/year contract as well as the Hossa regen to a 10 year $2.4/year contract.

I think I also have the Iginla regen... next year he's up for contract renewal. If I can lock both of them up, I might try train one on LW and trade my current 2nd line RW (a 6th round pick who put up 100+ points in his rookie season).

My team is getting very interesting, I'm super stacked on RW (Iginla?, Jagr, Hossa, Czech 6th rounder who plays well, plus I got a guy who's almost all yellows that will make a good checking 3rd liner).

Old
11-07-2012, 02:06 PM
elias026

how do you lock up players more then 3, 4 years

Old
11-07-2012, 03:24 PM
StormSurge9

Manimal rosters were released today.

Old
11-08-2012, 12:05 AM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by elias026 View Post
how do you lock up players more then 3, 4 years
If you get to them before their reputation gets too high, you can sign them long term. Once they become established, you get 1-3 year deals unless you overpay.

Closed Thread