HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor-Col

Old
10-30-2012, 07:46 PM
TurdFerguson

vCash: 500
Avs take it and run.

TurdFerguson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 08:02 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Have you watched EJ play defense before? If there's an aspect of his game to be questioned, it's his offensive potential, not his defensive abilities.
You expect him to play a Suter type role for Phaneuf? I'm pretty sure that's not his game.

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 08:12 PM
Drew311
Bustlander

A solid no from Toronto.

Drew311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 08:23 PM
FoppaForsberg*

Solid no from the Avs.

FoppaForsberg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 08:55 PM
MapleReef

Slight Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey 4 Life View Post
This is my first proposal on here, and though I know there may be some un happy fans from both sides I'm still gonna give it a shot.

To:

Colorado

Phaneuf
Kadri/colborne/frattin
Bozak
2014 1st

Toronto

Matt duchene
Ryan O'byrne

Colorado gets a very good #2 defenseman, a solid top 6 forward prospect, a top 6 tweener in bozak who is also underated defensively, and a 2014 1st.

Toronto gets there much needed #1 center and a solid defender with size in Obyrne to replace phaneufs size and grit.

What do you think?
If it is guaranteed to be Kadri, with Phaneuf and Bozak and a 2014 Second, I would make the trade.

MapleReef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 09:02 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Yes, the Avs should probably give up on Duchene after 1 'off/injured' year. After all, he only put up the 4th best totals as an 18+19 year old among active players.

1 Crosby 102PTS + 120PTS = 222PTS
2 Kane 72PTS + 70PTS = 142PTS
3 Stamkos 46PTS + 95PTS = 141PTS
4 Duchene 55PTS + 67PTS = 122PTS
5 Tavares 54PTS + 67PTS = 121PTS
6 Kovalchuk 51PTS + 67PTS = 118PTS

[1st column is first NHL season as 18 yr old, 2nd column is 2nd season as 19 yr old, 3rd is combined]

Why would the Avs hold on to this guy and find out what he can develop into in the future, when they can get a package of assets that will help them immediately even though they aren't ready to contend yet?!?!

Then, maybe if Stastny wants to leave as a UFA after his contract is up, then the Avs can only have O'Reilly at center! Fantastic! That's some great forward thinking right there. (My personal feeling is, as long as we build through the wings, we should be fine...)

The value is fair but the Avs aren't going to be trading Matt Duchene any time soon.

In fact, they won't trade any of their centers (unless it's slam dunk-no brainer) until next summer when they'll be able to negotiate an extension with Stastny. If he's NOT open to that, then he'll most likely be the one that is dealt from July 1st, 2013 until the trade deadline 2014.

Last edited by Bender: 10-30-2012 at 09:17 PM.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 11:41 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

A couple of things. First, we are not here to discuss fan bases. No one cares if you think fans of team X overrate their players or always create terrible trade proposals. If you want to complain about that sort of stuff you're on the wrong site. Next time I will be handing out infractions.

Second, since it's obvious these two fan bases cannot play nice when discussing trades, we are going to stick to just the offer in the OP. And don't tell me you have freedom of speech. Check the rules. Specifically #17.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 11:51 PM
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?

A Top-pairing D-man, young 3rd line center, above average prospect, and a 1st rounder that'll be anywhere from 1st to 20th seems like overkill for a young player who has yet to hit 70 points (Not to mention scoring all of 28 last year) and O'Byrne. Nothing against Duchene, but the value on this trade is way, way of, in my opinion.

Nizdizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 02:12 PM
TOGuy14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleReef View Post
If it is guaranteed to be Kadri, with Phaneuf and Bozak and a 2014 Second, I would make the trade.
If those are the conditions, I would make this trade.

We are giving up some depth and futures, but we have enough solid 2nd / 3rd line guys in the system. We need top tier talent.

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 02:17 PM
HockeyFan100
#FreeRedmond

As an Avs fan, I'd say hell yes.

HockeyFan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 02:37 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Take out the 1st and make it definitively Colborne and I'd consider it.

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 02:48 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Wow can't see how the Leafs pass up on this one, its a good looking deal. Phaneuf, who isn't on a bargain contract and while a good player isn't some kind of incredible superstar, can be replaced from inside with Gardiner and Rielly coming into their own. Of course trading a possible lottery pick is never wise, in fact it might not even need to be a first. Bozak wouldn't be a big loss, he seems like a pretty replaceable player.

I'd be pissed if the Leafs acquired a player like Duchene.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 03:47 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Wow can't see how the Leafs pass up on this one, its a good looking deal. Phaneuf, who isn't on a bargain contract and while a good player isn't some kind of incredible superstar, can be replaced from inside with Gardiner and Rielly coming into their own. Of course trading a possible lottery pick is never wise, in fact it might not even need to be a first. Bozak wouldn't be a big loss, he seems like a pretty replaceable player.

I'd be pissed if the Leafs acquired a player like Duchene.
Problem is duchene gives us more of what we have, small, soft, poor defensive players. Ideally we'd want a two way C to play with Kessel which is why, atleast why I think, Leaf fans would be hesitant on this. Regardless, its the first thats breaking the deal for me, I'd do Phaneuf and a decent prospect for duchene.

Old
10-31-2012, 04:07 PM
FoppaForsberg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisx101 View Post
Problem is duchene gives us more of what we have, small, soft, poor defensive players. Ideally we'd want a two way C to play with Kessel which is why, atleast why I think, Leaf fans would be hesitant on this. Regardless, its the first thats breaking the deal for me, I'd do Phaneuf and a decent prospect for duchene.
wat.

FoppaForsberg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 05:14 PM
Mowerman

Value is probably right, but I don't see either side going through with this trade (as a fan of both teams).

Duchene may have had a setback, but he's clearly a highly valuable, highly skilled future number one centre. He's a special asset and he isn't really the kind of piece you trade after producing in the manner he has after one bad season. Colorado would need a significant overpayment in order to part with Duchene. I really doubt Colorado is legitimately looking to trade any of their centres, and if they were why would they move Duchene rather than, say, Stastny?

It's really a lateral move for Toronto. They gain their number one centre, but at the cost of their number one d. Toronto has nothing in the system to replace a Phaneuf. They have Gardiner, they have Rielly, they have lots of great prospects on the blue line. But they don't have anyone who is likely going to step up soon to fill in for Phaneuf soon, hell even in the far off future. That first is a lottery pick without Phaneuf. Patch one hole, make one just as big in the process. And lose significant assets doing so.

Personally I'd still probably do it, only because just the thought of Duchene as a Leaf makes me very happy.

Mowerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 05:32 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoppaForsberg View Post
wat.
As much as I love duchene a line of

Lupul - duchene - Kessel

Will be among the best offensively, however terrible defensively and soft.

Old
10-31-2012, 07:12 PM
HockeyFan100
#FreeRedmond

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisx101 View Post
As much as I love duchene a line of

Lupul - duchene - Kessel

Will be among the best offensively, however terrible defensively and soft.
Duchene's decent sized, he plays good defensively for a forward. I could see that line doing some crazy damage. Either way, 1st lines are never meant to be good defensively.

HockeyFan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 07:16 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Huge no from leafs lol

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 07:21 PM
BrickAHL
#AvaloungeRevolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFan100 View Post
Duchene's decent sized, he plays good defensively for a forward. I could see that line doing some crazy damage. Either way, 1st lines are never meant to be good defensively.
He is decent sized but he is still soft and weak. Plus he is not very good defensively, he is lazy on the backcheck and is often caught watching instead of covering his man.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 07:38 PM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey 4 Life View Post
This is my first proposal on here, and though I know there may be some un happy fans from both sides I'm still gonna give it a shot.

To:

Colorado

Phaneuf
Kadri/colborne/frattin
Bozak
2014 1st

Toronto

Matt duchene
Ryan O'byrne

Colorado gets a very good #2 defenseman, a solid top 6 forward prospect, a top 6 tweener in bozak who is also underated defensively, and a 2014 1st.

Toronto gets there much needed #1 center and a solid defender with size in Obyrne to replace phaneufs size and grit.

What do you think?
Sucks for Toronto.

Kadri, a high first and Phaneuf? Phaneuf alone is worth Duchene...

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 08:02 PM
Avs44

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
Sucks for Toronto.

Kadri, a high first and Phaneuf? Phaneuf alone is worth Duchene...
That's your opinion. In my opinion Duchene is worth more. I love how people state their opinions as facts....

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 08:23 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

EJ + top 10ish 1st + <insert best F prospect> for Duchene. Which one would you guys prefer?

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 08:33 PM
Avs44

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
EJ + top 10ish 1st + <insert best F prospect> for Duchene. Which one would you guys prefer?
No Avs fan has said the Leafs would do this. All Avs fans have said is we would not do this. I don't understand how this is related.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 12:26 AM
Muffin
Avalanche Flavoured

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
He is decent sized but he is still soft and weak. Plus he is not very good defensively, he is lazy on the backcheck and is often caught watching instead of covering his man.
Duchene doesn't hit but he's not soft and is decent defensively. Duchene is built like Crosby, he just doesn't have close to the hockey smarts of Crosby. I also wouldn't call any Centre in the NHL bad defensively IMO. Some Wingers cherry pick all day and are terrible defensively, but all Centres are at least decent defensively.

Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 12:13 PM
IWantSakicAsMyGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
Duchene doesn't hit but he's not soft and is decent defensively. Duchene is built like Crosby, he just doesn't have close to the hockey smarts of Crosby. I also wouldn't call any Centre in the NHL bad defensively IMO. Some Wingers cherry pick all day and are terrible defensively, but all Centres are at least decent defensively.
Duchene gets called bad defensively because he's probably the 4th best defensive C on the Avs. From the roster last year, O'Reilly was Selke caliber, Stastny plays a solid 2 way game, and McClement would have been a solid 3rd line C on 25 other teams in the league, but got moved to 4th line. Compared to those 3, yes, Duchene is the worst of the bunch, but that doesn't make him a liability.

Last year was also difficult for him defensively because of the leg injuries that limited his mobility.

IWantSakicAsMyGM is offline   Reply With Quote