HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

HF Jets Lounge | Now with 92.7% Less Football!

Closed Thread

Old
10-29-2012, 03:35 PM
Hammer Slammer

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanucksnWpg View Post
And Hammer Slammer, your kitten is adorable. Much love for orange cats
Our 5 year old cat is orange, so we thought if we got an orange kitten it'd be easy for him to adjust... not so much. They've played a bit but most of the time there's hissing and growling.

The kitten (Carlos) likes to climb pant legs whether you're sitting or standing. I learned this morning not to sit at the computer in boxers before work. Scratches all up my left leg.

Here's a staredown from yesterday.

10-29-2012, 06:31 PM
Gm0ney

vCash: 1300
Maybe we should have a separate OT thread for cat pictures...

Old
10-29-2012, 06:37 PM
Diatidialga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
Our 5 year old cat is orange, so we thought if we got an orange kitten it'd be easy for him to adjust... not so much. They've played a bit but most of the time there's hissing and growling.

The kitten (Carlos) likes to climb pant legs whether you're sitting or standing. I learned this morning not to sit at the computer in boxers before work. Scratches all up my left leg.

Should wait to the kitten can fight for itself than let them fight it out, found it's the only way that they calm down

Old
10-29-2012, 07:14 PM
LadyJet26
GO JETS GO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post

They'll be okay. Zoey (the older one) and Taz were okay with each other. If we brought in another kitten now, they'd both probably kill it. Zoey knew that Taz was just a baby when we got him. Still remember him when we had mcdonalds the first night we had him and he walked off with the hamburger pattie that was bigger then him

I'd post pics but I'm too lazy. I'm nickynickyninedoors on twitter. Have pics of them on there.

Old
10-29-2012, 07:28 PM
Shakey Rustie
2L

vCash: 1077
I'm looking to order hot sauces and spicy chips online, anyone have any personal favourites of either?

Old
10-30-2012, 12:53 AM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

vCash: 500
Assassin's Creed 3!!!!!! Hells yeah, so excited. Been waiting for this game for years, waited in line at a midnight opening. Can't wait to see how the storyline ties together!

Old
10-30-2012, 01:18 AM
Lux Aurumque*

Looks like I may be joining a company that is the main direct competitor of my brother's employer as early as Monday.

We've always had a fairly intense sibling rivalry, ever since we were kids, but this could increase it tenfold.

Old
10-30-2012, 01:23 AM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Assassin's Creed 3!!!!!! Hells yeah, so excited. Been waiting for this game for years, waited in line at a midnight opening. Can't wait to see how the storyline ties together!
Yay. I'm picking up the AC Vita bundle from Futureshop tomorrow. Looks smexy and gets me ready for Persona 4: The Golden's release.

Old
10-30-2012, 10:00 AM
Hammer Slammer

I'll have to hold off on buying it because I'm building a new computer right now. Another 400 bucks in parts and I can start building.

CanucksnWpg - That sounds cute! Our kitten enjoys stealing the older one's food and he does nothing to stop him, so too bad for him.

Old
10-30-2012, 10:04 AM
buggs

vCash: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanucksnWpg View Post
Going to teach little pukes in junior high when I'm done my b'ed
That's brave. I can't imagine a worse group to teach than junior high, all hormones and no brains. Yikes. Good luck.

As for the cats, we too have an orange cat and it's been with us for twenty years come the end of November. Not sure how long the old bugger will continue to be around though as he's been diabetic for four years now. Two injections of insulin a day, special diet so while he was as cheap as a cat could be for the first sixteen years, he's been hitting the wallet pretty hard for the last few. Funny thing is when he developed diabetes we didn't think he'd make the year but we're four years along. He's slowing down considerably so we wonder how long but he still has control of everything and isn't really in pain that we can tell, so he's good to go until he shows otherwise. Total people cat - loves being held, sitting on laps and just being around people. I think it thinks it's a dog.

Old
10-30-2012, 07:19 PM
LadyJet26
GO JETS GO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs View Post
That's brave. I can't imagine a worse group to teach than junior high, all hormones and no brains. Yikes. Good luck.

As for the cats, we too have an orange cat and it's been with us for twenty years come the end of November. Not sure how long the old bugger will continue to be around though as he's been diabetic for four years now. Two injections of insulin a day, special diet so while he was as cheap as a cat could be for the first sixteen years, he's been hitting the wallet pretty hard for the last few. Funny thing is when he developed diabetes we didn't think he'd make the year but we're four years along. He's slowing down considerably so we wonder how long but he still has control of everything and isn't really in pain that we can tell, so he's good to go until he shows otherwise. Total people cat - loves being held, sitting on laps and just being around people. I think it thinks it's a dog.
See and I've heard high school is the worst. At least in junior high, they're still willing to learn. In high school half of them don't give a crap.

Diabetes is really common in cats. Really really really common. Aside from urinary SO, diabetes cans are one of my works top sellers. Expensive, but so is everything you get from the vet. Vets mark up their food at least 50%. And vet cost for caninsulin is $20 for a 10ml and a little higher for the 10x2.5ml

Old
10-30-2012, 08:31 PM
Winnipeg Jets
Lucky #7

vCash: 1580
Anyone have suggestions for learning the ins and outs NFL football? I don't really know the rules so it's frustrating trying to engage myself with a team when I'm not fully understanding what's going on.

I've been watching games as much as I can but I don't grasp the intricacies of the game as I do with the NHL. I picked up Madden 13 to try and learn but it's difficult as hell even on the lower settings.

I was thinking about picking up a book, or perhaps read some magazines (is there an NFL equivalent to The Hockey News?). I'd really like to get to the grassroots type stuff with this game but it seems like the NFL gets as much coverage here as hockey does in the USA in a small market.

Any help?

Old
10-30-2012, 08:43 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg Jets View Post
Anyone have suggestions for learning the ins and outs NFL football? I don't really know the rules so it's frustrating trying to engage myself with a team when I'm not fully understanding what's going on.

I've been watching games as much as I can but I don't grasp the intricacies of the game as I do with the NHL. I picked up Madden 13 to try and learn but it's difficult as hell even on the lower settings.

I was thinking about picking up a book, or perhaps read some magazines (is there an NFL equivalent to The Hockey News?). I'd really like to get to the grassroots type stuff with this game but it seems like the NFL gets as much coverage here as hockey does in the USA in a small market.

Any help?
What would you like to know?

NFL has 11 players on the field
CFL has 12
The field is 10 yards shorter
A whe bunch narrower
The end zones are shorter (only 10 yards deep)
4 downs instead of 3
Goal posts at the back of the endzones
NFL doesnt give a loser point for a punt touchback or field goal that misses
Penalties are really all the same ( just a couple called a different name)

Old
10-30-2012, 10:56 PM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
What would you like to know?

NFL has 11 players on the field
CFL has 12
The field is 10 yards shorter
A whe bunch narrower
The end zones are shorter (only 10 yards deep)
4 downs instead of 3
Goal posts at the back of the endzones
NFL doesnt give a loser point for a punt touchback or field goal that misses
Penalties are really all the same ( just a couple called a different name)

Forgot to add the fact the NFL has 100x better athletes

Old
10-31-2012, 01:38 AM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetNation View Post
Yeah, uh no...

Old
10-31-2012, 05:44 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetNation View Post
sorry.
you are correct

the worst nfl reciever is better then the best cfl receiver.
same goes for every other position

edit: let me clarify. both leagues have great "athletes". all the players are athletic. The players in the NFL have way more skill.

Last edited by King Woodballs: 10-31-2012 at 05:52 AM.
Old
10-31-2012, 06:23 AM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg Jets View Post

Any help?
I know this sounds like a backward way but my recommendation would be to try to join an NFL fantacy football league with friends. I know more people that got hooked on the sport this way than any other. Usually you get beat pretty bad the first year but once you get the hand of it it can be a blast and it gets you instantly connected to the sport. Most of the pools are pretty affordable if they are amoungst friends. There are also lots of magazines and web sites that can assist you and educate you on how to pick a team.

Old
10-31-2012, 09:34 AM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

i hope this isn't too on topic

...but if you type "who can" into google, one of the suggestion is

"who can fire gary bettman?"

...I thought that was pretty funny..

Old
10-31-2012, 10:07 AM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Yeah, uh no...
Dude the University of Alabama is probably going to have there entire team in the NFL I would love to see the Bombers play them in NCAA rules. Doubt it would be a close game Bama would roll them

Old
10-31-2012, 11:08 AM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
I'll never understand the denigration of the CFL by NFL fans (both Canadian and American). Does the CFL pose such a threat to your existence as an NFL fan? Yes it's an inferior league in terms of talent, no ****ing kidding. Now let us enjoy our inferior league in peace.

For the record, I follow the NFL more closely than the CFL.

Old
10-31-2012, 12:11 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
I'll never understand the denigration of the CFL by NFL fans (both Canadian and American). Does the CFL pose such a threat to your existence as an NFL fan? Yes it's an inferior league in terms of talent, no ****ing kidding. Now let us enjoy our inferior league in peace.

For the record, I follow the NFL more closely than the CFL.
that is why it gets put down, because of the clear talent level difference.

Old
10-31-2012, 01:18 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
that is why it gets put down, because of the clear talent level difference.
I think it's pretty self-evident that the NFL has much better talent, and I don't know any CFL fans who claim otherwise. Doesn't really explain why people put it down. Does the CFL's existence somehow impede the enjoyment of NFL football? It's not like they're rival leagues. Do NHL fans constantly remind WHL and AHL fans of how inferior their respective leagues are?

Just something I've noticed, and it strikes me as being rather strange.

Old
10-31-2012, 04:22 PM
Hammer Slammer

I had so much candy at work today I'm going to need a nap when I get home.

Also someone brought in cupcakes that tasted like chocolate oranges. This place will give me diabetes.

Old
10-31-2012, 04:26 PM
GrandChelems

vCash: 2209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
I think it's pretty self-evident that the NFL has much better talent, and I don't know any CFL fans who claim otherwise. Doesn't really explain why people put it down. Does the CFL's existence somehow impede the enjoyment of NFL football? It's not like they're rival leagues. Do NHL fans constantly remind WHL and AHL fans of how inferior their respective leagues are?

Just something I've noticed, and it strikes me as being rather strange.
For me, someone cutting down the CFL with the NFL is like cutting down the asparagus with the broccoli ... when there's a bacon and pepperoni pizza and a 12 pack of beer sitting beside them.

Old
10-31-2012, 07:38 PM
Hammer Slammer

So I set up a dual boot to try out Windows 8. I'm usually not one for the stuff with pretty apps and all that but I kinda like it.

Closed Thread