Old
10-30-2012, 10:13 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
That's exactly what I've been going with the last day or so.

Wasn't able to keep the ginger ale down last night but I'm on my second can today and am doing better. Thinking about eating something other than just a few crackers though as I haven't eaten anything since Sunday night and I think my stomach can handle it as of right now. Not going back to the Cafe tonight, not after what their pizza did to me, but I might grab a chicken salad wrap or something from the little store we have here on campus.
Watery porridge/oatmeal is your friend. Add some cranberry jam if necessary.

Old
10-30-2012, 10:31 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

They didn't have any sandwiches left so I'll just go with some crackers and a small bowl of cereal tonight. Probably for the best anyways.

Old
10-30-2012, 10:47 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
That's exactly what I've been going with the last day or so.

Wasn't able to keep the ginger ale down last night but I'm on my second can today and am doing better. Thinking about eating something other than just a few crackers though as I haven't eaten anything since Sunday night and I think my stomach can handle it as of right now. Not going back to the Cafe tonight, not after what their pizza did to me, but I might grab a chicken salad wrap or something from the little store we have here on campus.
I hate throwing up, it's the worst... You feel weak, and light... And ugh it's just awful...

I can't believe people use it as a means to lose weight...

IMO Disney Wars is gunna be a joke..

Old
10-30-2012, 10:51 PM
tomgilbertfan
gifs on gifs on gifs

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
I hate throwing up, it's the worst... You feel weak, and light... And ugh it's just awful...

I can't believe people use it as a means to lose weight...

IMO Disney Wars is gunna be a joke..
It can't be more of a joke than the prequels.
Those were just as "kiddy" as disney movies (I guess minus some parts of III). But the difference is, disney's films of late are actually able to coherently tell a story and have some character development.

Old
10-31-2012, 12:06 AM
Northland Wild Man
Run The Goalie!

My reaction to Disney Wars.

Old
10-31-2012, 12:17 AM
Avder
Is only game.

I'm going to try my best to reserve judgment until the names of the writers are known, but what I am most worried about is the fate of the current expanded universe. The problem with episode 7 is that its undoubtedly going to be set in the same time frame as most of the expanded universe novels, and I'm worried that things like the New Jedi Order, Thrawn Trilogy, Hand of Thrawn, Corellian Trilogy, and Legacy of the Force will get retconned out of existence by Disney.

All of those books are better than even the original Star Wars trilogy.

Old
10-31-2012, 12:20 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
I'm going to try my best to reserve judgment until the names of the writers are known, but what I am most worried about is the fate of the current expanded universe. The problem with episode 7 is that its undoubtedly going to be set in the same time frame as most of the expanded universe novels, and I'm worried that things like the New Jedi Order, Thrawn Trilogy, Hand of Thrawn, Corellian Trilogy, and Legacy of the Force will get retconned out of existence by Disney.

All of those books are better than even the original Star Wars trilogy.
Well the one name we know isn't going to be on the list gives us hope. As I mentioned earlier, Lucas will not be writing or directing any further movies if reports are to be believed.

Old
10-31-2012, 01:03 AM
Dee Oh Cee

It'd be really cool to do a movie involving the Yuuzhan Vong.

Old
10-31-2012, 03:10 AM
forthewild

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish...lves-too-white

i guess white guys in basketball is a problem.....

Old
10-31-2012, 03:50 AM
Avder
Is only game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
Well the one name we know isn't going to be on the list gives us hope. As I mentioned earlier, Lucas will not be writing or directing any further movies if reports are to be believed.
That is about the only thing mentioned in this sale that is giving me hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish...lves-too-white

i guess white guys in basketball is a problem.....
Of course it is, because to some people there is no such thing as coincidence and the possibility that the best people they could find were not black.

I dont care what color the people on a roster are. The only thing that really matters is can they play the damned game?

Old
10-31-2012, 05:08 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Apparently, according to completely unsourced rumors I saw on a forum, Disney is retaining Lucasarts as is like a separate entity (which is what they do with Pixar and Marvel). On top of that, it's claimed that Lucasarts had already begun pre-production for this trilogy prior to the acquisition.

Old
10-31-2012, 06:55 AM
tyratoku

vCash: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
Apparently, according to completely unsourced rumors I saw on a forum, Disney is retaining Lucasarts as is like a separate entity (which is what they do with Pixar and Marvel). On top of that, it's claimed that Lucasarts had already begun pre-production for this trilogy prior to the acquisition.
I've heard this as well.

And it looks like they're saying that the new movies will be completely original/new, so it looks like all the books/comics/everything set after ROTJ are going to be deleted.

I never really got into many of them, so i guess it doesn't affect me much. But the Thrawn trilogy, of which I'm listening to book 2 this week at work, would have been good. Oh well.

Old
10-31-2012, 09:00 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

The Timothy Zahn stuff really was great. I need to get my library card so I can read them again.

Imagine a Christopher Nolan Star Wars trilogy...

Old
10-31-2012, 09:19 AM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

I don't think the Thrawn Trilogy would work translated to move. The whole bit about the Yslarmi wouldn't make much sense at all, in my opinion. Yes, the books were good, but the non-EU fans wouldn't "get" Thrawn as the big bad guy. All things considered, a blue skinned, red eyed alien who is actually more of an anti-hero than a villain like the emperor...

Wouldn't play on screen.

The introduction of Mara Jade, on the other hand, needed to happen when Mark Hamil was younger. Mara Jade is a hottie.

I think it makes a ton of sense to start after the Vong war and use the previous actors in the rolls that make sense. Harrison Ford still has it and would play an absolutely AWESOME Old Han. Carrie Fisher, on the other hand, would need to lose a bit of weight, the last time I saw her, however... In the big Jacen arc, she was already written a bit frumpy, but not overtly so.

Yeah, as I think about it more, I think the movies would come full circle with the Jacen arc. Jaina as the new "Sword" of the Jedi, young Ben as the major hero. Luke as more of the back ground Master and Old Han being Old Han. That way, they could also introduce the older Mara and have it make sense.

Old
10-31-2012, 09:45 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

What other good books are in the Star Wars canon? Looks like I've read a TON of them but would like to re-read.

Old
10-31-2012, 10:12 AM
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party

I went to the Red Hot Chili Pepper concert last night and it was sweet!

Old
10-31-2012, 10:26 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I walked out of their 1999 concert about 30 minutes in. So bored.

Old
10-31-2012, 11:18 AM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
What other good books are in the Star Wars canon? Looks like I've read a TON of them but would like to re-read.
All opinion...

Out of all of the EU books, I think I like the X-Wing series the best for enjoyment factors alone. The writing was witty enough where I had an easy time imagining that the characters were all in the same universe as the original movies.

The New Jedi Order books... I was a little "meh" on those because the issues all seemed forced. The Swarm War books were more of a "WTF, BUGS?"

Legacy was far more enjoyable than any other major EU arc whereas Fate was bland.

The writing was rough in a lot of the other smaller spin offs into the expanded universe. The Han Solo trilogy was unreadable and I ended up just listening to it on a road trip instead. The Boba Fett books were also vomit worthy, but I understand why they were leveraged much later.

Otherwise... I tend to just read everything in the EU (or try to) because it is just fun and distracting.

Old
10-31-2012, 11:31 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Good to know. At one point I had read:

- Bakura
- first three X-Wing books
- Courtship
- Thrawn trilogy
- Jedi Academy trilogy
- Crystal Star
- Corellia trilogy

I can't recall a single one of them

Old
10-31-2012, 12:20 PM
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party

Quote:
I walked out of their 1999 concert about 30 minutes in. So bored.
Lame Jarick

Old
10-31-2012, 12:48 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Well that was an awkward phone interview. I need more practice.

Old
10-31-2012, 02:02 PM
Avder
Is only game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
I've heard this as well.

And it looks like they're saying that the new movies will be completely original/new, so it looks like all the books/comics/everything set after ROTJ are going to be deleted.

I never really got into many of them, so i guess it doesn't affect me much. But the Thrawn trilogy, of which I'm listening to book 2 this week at work, would have been good. Oh well.
I feel like I just got punched in the gut...

Quote:
The Corellian Trilogy is good... Hand of Thrawn, "I, Jedi", but you really need to read the first several X-Wing books to get to know Corran Horn first for that one... and then I would say New Jedi Order if you enjoy VERY long story arcs, and Legacy of the Force is really good as well.

I would also advise you to get the Darth Bane novels. The first two are very good, and the third one is very high on my to-read list. Also "Dark Lord" is good.

The only good novel as far as Clone Wars era goes is Shatterpoint, the rest of them are all blah.

And I have not yet read the current Fate of the Jedi arc, but considering its written mostly by the same authors who wrote Legacy, I'm looking forward to it.

And if Episode 7 completely deletes the existing EU, I'm just going to reject Episode 7 in my own personal canon, the same way I already reject a lot of minor details that have changed over the years.

Old
10-31-2012, 02:04 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

You guys seen Star Wars Revisted? I need to DL it.

Old
10-31-2012, 04:10 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Anyone else having issues with Chrome lately? Seems like there's a memory leak or something that's just killing performance.

Old
10-31-2012, 04:41 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northland Wild Man View Post
My reaction to Disney Wars.

I agree with you.

Closed Thread