Old
10-30-2012, 08:14 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampeus View Post
8 and 9, too.

So over the next decade, all 6 of the old Star Wars films will be shown in 3D, and we'll get 3 more new ones. They'll probably suck, but they could end up being decent to pretty good. Some of the Star Wars novels were pretty good, and they might be able to turn some of those into movies. I used to be a pretty big Star Wars fan, and I still enjoy re-watching them from time to time, so I'm sort of excited. It's not like they have a reputation to maintain, so it doesn't really matter if they make more, as it won't affect the legacy of the franchise.

Hopefully we're wrong and they end up being awesome!
The question is will it be based on some of the third party books or is this the third trilogy that was originally planned in the 70's and 80's then vehemently denied ever since.

My larger hope is that Disney will release the original trilogy in their original, non "improved" form.

Old
10-30-2012, 08:30 PM
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post
Disney making a Star Wars 7.
Let me know when they're making a Star Wars Battlefront 3, and it not being terrible.

Old
10-30-2012, 09:17 PM
Jesus Teemu

vCash: 50
I'd like to see something about the time period between III and IV. Also have always thought it would be interesting to make a movie with details about the re-emergence of the Sith and Palpatine's rise to power.

The Knights of the Old Republic would be an interesting time period in the Star Wars universe to make a movie about, but the whole story is separated from the 6 episodes.

Old
10-30-2012, 10:05 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
I'd like to see something about the time period between III and IV. Also have always thought it would be interesting to make a movie with details about the re-emergence of the Sith and Palpatine's rise to power.

The Knights of the Old Republic would be an interesting time period in the Star Wars universe to make a movie about, but the whole story is separated from the 6 episodes.
I also would prefer to believe episodes I-III were never made, but with time, and therapy, you'll be able to acknowledge their existence

Old
10-30-2012, 10:17 PM
gratefulyours
Great 8 = T. Selanne

vCash: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
I also would prefer to believe episodes I-III were never made, but with time, and therapy, you'll be able to acknowledge their existence
actually, if they remake 1, 2, and 3 that might work. wonder if they could talk ewan mcgregor to come back as obi wan =)

Old
10-30-2012, 10:20 PM
Jesus Teemu

Character development was awful, and on top of that, they hired pretty bad actors to play those characters. And also, they assumed everyone would notice Palpatine is the Emperor, and therefore thought no background on Palp/the Sith was needed.

Old
10-30-2012, 11:11 PM
Sirquacksalot
Raging Boner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gratefulyours View Post
actually, if they remake 1, 2, and 3 that might work. wonder if they could talk ewan mcgregor to come back as obi wan =)
If they could edit another actor in Hayden Christensen's place then the whole trilogy would become 10x better

p.s. Did you jump on the Giants' wagon? Every one else here did...

Old
10-31-2012, 01:38 AM
Jesus Teemu

I hope Williams does the music. Would not be the same without.

Old
10-31-2012, 06:21 AM
DuckshaveaRPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirquacksalot View Post
If they could edit another actor in Hayden Christensen's place then the whole trilogy would become 10x better

cheaper solution but i think still effective

Old
10-31-2012, 01:27 PM
gratefulyours
Great 8 = T. Selanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirquacksalot View Post

nah i dont really watch baseball. only games i go to are A's games cause my wifes friend is a huge fan...talking goes to the games in all green with a jersey on and hat.

i was raised on the dodgers, watched the angels in high school, and the padres in college. SDSU friends would force the bball on me.

giants are pretty far down the list, but their stadium is the best one i have been in hands down.

i didn't mind christensen as much as most people.

top wtfs with the first three would have to go

jar jar
jar jar
how the hell does palpentine kill three jedi masters in under one second?
jar jar
how do all the other jedi masters, the ones not fighting palpentine, have no clue and just die?
it's over i have the high ground...um ok i will jump over you to prove it's not.
jar jar
Plot writing (lets include obivous ties to all earth continets through different, specific species / the love story between anakin and padme)
jar jar, jar jar, mother ****ing jar jar
weak acting by christensen and portman. (i think writing had alot to do with this btw. portman looked like she phoned all three movies in, and while not the best actress out there, she usually does a lot better)

i guess editing out a certain character, perhaps the whole race? would make the movies about 50% better. in my opinion.

Last edited by gratefulyours: 10-31-2012 at 01:42 PM.
Old
10-31-2012, 01:56 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

I'd look at directing before writing. There were some good actors in those films, and not one of them had a particularly noteworthy performance.

Old
10-31-2012, 02:01 PM
Disgruntled Goat

For the love of god they better be using Timothy Zahn's, Heir to the Empire/Dark Force Rising/The Last Command books as inspiration...

Old
10-31-2012, 02:51 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckshaveaRPG View Post
cheaper solution but i think still effective

Huh that's odd. It sounds just like him, but I don't remember him emoting that well in the movie... Maybe I should give the trilogy another watch?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgruntled Goat View Post
For the love of god they better be using Timothy Zahn's, Heir to the Empire/Dark Force Rising/The Last Command books as inspiration...
Now that would be awesome.

The good news is that after the last trilogy, my expectations would so low that it would be really hard for them to disappoint.

Old
10-31-2012, 10:04 PM
DarthYenik

I don't care what anybody says, with the exception of the line, "NOOOOOOOO!", Revenge of the Sith was awesome.

Old
10-31-2012, 10:15 PM
Sirquacksalot
Raging Boner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthYenik View Post
I don't care what anybody says, with the exception of the line, "NOOOOOOOO!", Revenge of the Sith was awesome.
It was.

Old
10-31-2012, 10:59 PM
Unholy

Was some pretty epic music during that fight

10-31-2012, 11:13 PM
Jesus Teemu

I actually don't mind II and III, actually like II a bit. It's that PM just destroys the prequels imo.

Edit: I actually think PM had possibly the best soundtrack of any episode though.

Last edited by Jesus Teemu: 10-31-2012 at 11:52 PM.
Old
10-31-2012, 11:58 PM
Corey Perry*

E! released an article saying that a LucasFilms insider told them that the new films will be based on completely new stories. Nothing to do with the novels, or anything like that. I could post the article later, but I don't have time right now.

Old
10-31-2012, 11:59 PM
Corey Perry*

Quote:
I actually don't mind II and III, actually like II a bit. It's that PM just destroys the prequels imo.

Edit: I actually think PM had possibly the best soundtrack of any episode though.
The only thing that is consistently great in all 6 films is that they all have pretty good music. John Williams is brilliant.

Old
11-01-2012, 04:25 AM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthYenik View Post
The entire movie after Vader is left mutilated needed to be left on the cutting room floor. Panda Bear dies for no reason after exhibiting her entire acting range of confused and/or crying, naming both children so ALL the mystery surprises are eliminated in the original movies, removing the shock of Kenobi sacrificing himself in the next film by explaining he already knows he's immortal (but not paying Liam Neeson to make an appearance which would have at least been in line with the series even if just as stupid of a plot move), Yoda going into exile because even though the head muppet on the Empire's Most Wanted list was just able to walk directly into the main office unannounced he now needs to hide on a jungle planet for 20 years because he couldn't do it again when the Emperor was maybe sleeping the next time, NOT putting an appropriately sized actor into the Vader costume, ugh.

Please don't let Lucas ever direct anything ever again.

And please release the original film, without the added crap, with Han shooting first, and with the original special effects (because as masterful as all that stop motion photography was I think it's tragic the art was lost because he wanted cgi instead).

/end rant.

Old
11-01-2012, 06:04 PM
gratefulyours
Great 8 = T. Selanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
The entire movie after Vader is left mutilated needed to be left on the cutting room floor. Panda Bear dies for no reason after exhibiting her entire acting range of confused and/or crying, naming both children so ALL the mystery surprises are eliminated in the original movies, removing the shock of Kenobi sacrificing himself in the next film by explaining he already knows he's immortal (but not paying Liam Neeson to make an appearance which would have at least been in line with the series even if just as stupid of a plot move), Yoda going into exile because even though the head muppet on the Empire's Most Wanted list was just able to walk directly into the main office unannounced he now needs to hide on a jungle planet for 20 years because he couldn't do it again when the Emperor was maybe sleeping the next time, NOT putting an appropriately sized actor into the Vader costume, ugh.

Please don't let Lucas ever direct anything ever again.

And please release the original film, without the added crap, with Han shooting first, and with the original special effects (because as masterful as all that stop motion photography was I think it's tragic the art was lost because he wanted cgi instead).

/end rant.
i also like it when luke shouts Carrie!!! as he exits his x-wing. classic =)

Old
11-01-2012, 06:35 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Yeah, seeing Padme die right after giving birth to twins because she "lost the will to live" was laughable. Really, Lucas? Why not give it to us straight? She died because she didn't give a **** anymore.

Old
11-01-2012, 08:07 PM
Jesus Teemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampeus View Post
E! released an article saying that a LucasFilms insider told them that the new films will be based on completely new stories. Nothing to do with the novels, or anything like that. I could post the article later, but I don't have time right now.
I heard that too. I hope they come up with something new, and not just make a mundane film about the Clone Emperor and the rebirth of the Empire. We saw that already.

Old
11-01-2012, 08:16 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

I'm reminded of that South Park episode with Indiana Jones.

Old
11-01-2012, 09:11 PM
Unholy

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
I'm reminded of that South Park episode with Indiana Jones.
Well well well Indiana Jones, you're looking niceee

Closed Thread