HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What to do with Tatar?

Old
10-31-2012, 12:37 AM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

vCash: 500
When Mursak becomes a good two-way NHLer capable of 20 goals... you'll realize what a BFD it is

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 12:59 AM
jaster
glendeningforcaptain

Yeah, blowing off Mursak is a mistake. One thing that CB and I have been on the same page about. He's definitely a prospect worth cultivating.

jaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 01:09 AM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaster View Post
Yeah, blowing off Mursak is a mistake. One thing that CB and I have been on the same page about. He's definitely a prospect worth cultivating.
I agree. Blowing off Emmerton, okay, but don't blow of Mursak quite yet.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 03:40 AM
helicecopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eva unit zero View Post
Tatar is on a better offensive pace than Nyquist was last season in the AHL, and not too far behind Hudler's blinding 2005-06 pace. Nyquist is actually scoring at a slower rate than last season.
I thought this was funny enough considering the small sample, and even more so the fact who watched closely their last game knew Nyquist actually had 2 assists.. now that he has been credited with those 2 points this thing becomes hilarious.
http://theahl.com/stats/statdisplay....id=-1&confId=0

so, under this [mod] comparison (based off a 7 games sample) you chose to make, Nyquist is actually the one with the better scoring pace, as 1.29 > 1.14.

That being said, i really like Tatar.

Last edited by Winger98: 10-31-2012 at 08:37 AM. Reason: you can makle your point about the comparison without being derogatory
helicecopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 03:55 PM
TS Quint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
When Mursak becomes a good two-way NHLer capable of 20 goals... you'll realize what a BFD it is
If he does you;re right. But he just seems so far away from that at the moment.

TS Quint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 04:10 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS Quint View Post
If he does you;re right. But he just seems so far away from that at the moment.
He missed most of last season because of injury and never looked as sharp coming back. He has been one of the most impressive players overseas right now. Speed and a good shot, I don't know that he will become a big time player, but he isn't a guy I want to see put on waivers. He would be picked up instantly.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 12:06 AM
pdd

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS Quint View Post
Big *** deal. These are not NHL players. Nor do we need non skilled players of this size.
Emmerton is a solid youngster who likely turns out as a good third liner for a two-way scoring #3 line, possibly even as a second liner if he reaches full potential. Mursak is similar, with more speed and grit but a bit less offensive skill.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
I agree. Blowing off Emmerton, okay, but don't blow of Mursak quite yet.
It's probably going to be one of Eaves/Miller as a definite trade/waive, plus one of of the remainder of Emmerton/Mursak/Eaves losing out on the last spot. So when Eaves and Emmerton return, we may see Brunner and/or Nyquist sent down temporarily while that gets sorted out, depending on who's playing how well. Obviously, if Brunner flops hard, that's one forward down, one to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by helicecopter View Post
I thought this was funny enough considering the small sample, and even more so the fact who watched closely their last game knew Nyquist actually had 2 assists.. now that he has been credited with those 2 points this thing becomes hilarious.
http://theahl.com/stats/statdisplay....id=-1&confId=0

so, under this [mod] comparison (based off a 7 games sample) you chose to make, Nyquist is actually the one with the better scoring pace, as 1.29 > 1.14.

That being said, i really like Tatar.
Hmm, interesting. When I looked at that exact same page when I made the post, Nyquist had 7 in 7. Oh well. And as I said, on pace. I didn't say "going to score".

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
He missed most of last season because of injury and never looked as sharp coming back. He has been one of the most impressive players overseas right now. Speed and a good shot, I don't know that he will become a big time player, but he isn't a guy I want to see put on waivers. He would be picked up instantly.
Mursak is either a keep or a trade. Waiving him is a bad idea. Like Holland's handling of Osgood after the Hasek trade in 2001. He could realistically have made a deal for Osgood while negotiating the Hasek deal, and submitted both. Or alternatively, dealt Legace instead. I said this then and say it now. Holland is one of the best GMs if not the best of the past couple decades. But that was a significant mishandling of assets. Legace was at his highest value (minimal salary, viewed as starter material close to Osgood's level) and would have brought back a strong return.

pdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 03:14 AM
helicecopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eva unit zero View Post
Hmm, interesting. When I looked at that exact same page when I made the post, Nyquist had 7 in 7. Oh well. And as I said, on pace. I didn't say "going to score".
lol what? do you even read the posts you quote?

Nyquist didn't play a game since, he already scored 9pts in 7 games when you made your post i quoted (no matter what league stats were reporting), the fact you failed to recognize it (and made a pointless argument out of it) doesn't mean he was not on the same pace he is today.

Old
11-01-2012, 03:39 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by helicecopter View Post
lol what? do you even read the posts you quote?

Nyquist didn't play a game since, he already scored 9pts in 7 games when you made your post i quoted (no matter what league stats were reporting), the fact you failed to recognize it (and made a pointless argument out of it) doesn't mean he was not on the same pace he is today.
Nyquist finally got credit for the assist he deserved in overtime. But not only that he got another assist added. So his point total went up by two. He deserved them but that is why he might be looking at different point totals when making his points, depending on what web-site he got them off.

Old
11-01-2012, 06:00 AM
Henkka

vCash: 528
Tomas Tatar -project is going just like expected.

Cleary walks away at next summer --> opens a spot for Tatar.

Simple as that.

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 09:03 AM
helicecopter

Quote:
Nyquist finally got credit for the assist he deserved in overtime. But not only that he got another assist added. So his point total went up by two. He deserved them but that is why he might be looking at different point totals when making his points, depending on what web-site he got them off.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...5&postcount=79

Old
11-01-2012, 09:11 AM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
Tomas Tatar -project is going just like expected.

Cleary walks away at next summer --> opens a spot for Tatar.

Simple as that.
This sounds right to me. If we lose the entire season we could have quite the influx of young talent onto the Detroit roster, and I wouldn't mind that one bit.

Harnessed in Slums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 09:50 AM
Winger98
powers combined

Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricoh View Post
This sounds right to me. If we lose the entire season we could have quite the influx of young talent onto the Detroit roster, and I wouldn't mind that one bit.
It would have been a helluva lot nicer to work a bit of that in this season so we don't have such a rough transition next year. Except apparently we're not playing hockey this year.

I think the Cleary for Tatar thing could be accurate. Miller's gone, too. No idea what will happen with Brunner. Or Eaves. There's a potential for a lot of movement that could provide a hole for Tatar.

11-01-2012, 10:05 AM
Flowah
#FireHolland

Quote:
Emmerton is a solid youngster who likely turns out as a good third liner for a two-way scoring #3 line, possibly even as a second liner if he reaches full potential. Mursak is similar, with more speed and grit but a bit less offensive skill.
I've seen him play a ton of games and have never been able to describe him as "solid"

Flowah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 12:53 PM
newfy

Quote:
Fact of the matter is you can go on about stats all you want but all that post about the stats did showed who actually watches the games and who doesnt. SO when Eva is going on about Tatar we know he didnt actually watch him play or else he would see Nyquist has still been better

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 01:09 PM
Frk It
#FireHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
Fact of the matter is you can go on about stats all you want but all that post about the stats did showed who actually watches the games and who doesnt. SO when Eva is going on about Tatar we know he didnt actually watch him play or else he would see Nyquist has still been better
It's funny how many people are willing jump on the Tatar bandwagon because of the little run he has had. I was trying to say the same thing earlier in this thread. I'm not trying to put down Tatar in any way, I actually really like him a lot as a player and prospect. But if you WATCH them both play, it is pretty clear who the better player is. I think people are getting a little too caught up in stats right now.

Frk It is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 02:30 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
It would have been a helluva lot nicer to work a bit of that in this season so we don't have such a rough transition next year. Except apparently we're not playing hockey this year.

I think the Cleary for Tatar thing could be accurate. Miller's gone, too. No idea what will happen with Brunner. Or Eaves. There's a potential for a lot of movement that could provide a hole for Tatar.
If we lose this season, the bottleneck gets even worse.
And I doubt Ken Holland is going to suddenly entrust his lineup to 4-5 rookies.

Old
11-01-2012, 02:31 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
I've heard the opposite. That Tatar has been the best forward on the Griffs.

Old
11-01-2012, 02:36 PM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
This has been my take so I am glad to hear you have the same opinion. Tatar had a nice stretch when he first made it to the A but he's never had the consistency you'd like to see. It's also interesting that he's suddenly started producing with Nyquist as his linemate.

The same thing happened with Jiri Hudler, for some strange coincidence he always produced at a higher level when he was on Val Filppula's line.

I wonder why that would be?

Harnessed in Slums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 03:02 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricoh View Post
This has been my take so I am glad to hear you have the same opinion. Tatar had a nice stretch when he first made it to the A but he's never had the consistency you'd like to see. It's also interesting that he's suddenly started producing with Nyquist as his linemate.

The same thing happened with Jiri Hudler, for some strange coincidence he always produced at a higher level when he was on Val Filppula's line.

I wonder why that would be?
He actually took off at the tail end of last year when Nyquist was in Detroit. He now has 20 points in his last 17 games and nice point streaks per game stretches during that. He doesn't rely only on Nyquist. Them being paired together is smart something that made me hate Fraser most of last year. But he doesn't owe all of his success to Nyquist. Much as Hudler had an impressive stretch two years ago producing with Datsyuk. That statement is a bit unfair to both players. Players are supposed to produce at a better rate when they have more talent around them. Tatar was very good over the back half of last year and the World Championships all without Nyquist for the most part.

Old
11-01-2012, 03:33 PM
Winger98
powers combined

Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
If we lose this season, the bottleneck gets even worse.
And I doubt Ken Holland is going to suddenly entrust his lineup to 4-5 rookies.
I'm not sure what Holland will do. He might see it as our window getting drastically closed with the lost season and be more willing to put the rookies out there. Or he'll go conservative and we'll see Cleary and Miller brought back, with Emmerton, Mursak, and Brunner sacrificed to make room for Tatar and Gus.

I think either direction is possible. I just wish we'd get some hockey in this season so we can avoid such a situation.

Winger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 08:14 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
I'm not sure what Holland will do. He might see it as our window getting drastically closed with the lost season and be more willing to put the rookies out there. Or he'll go conservative and we'll see Cleary and Miller brought back, with Emmerton, Mursak, and Brunner sacrificed to make room for Tatar and Gus.

I think either direction is possible. I just wish we'd get some hockey in this season so we can avoid such a situation.
He wasted a spot on Sammy and Carlo Colaiacovo... so I'm pretty sure I know which way he'll go.

Old
11-01-2012, 08:21 PM
Z40
High Compete Level

Who cares who is better between Nyquist and Tatar? They are both playing at a high level in the AHL and will become valued members of the Wings roster for years to come.

Z40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 08:42 PM
newfy

Quote:
I've heard the opposite. That Tatar has been the best forward on the Griffs.
You've heard, I've watched.

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 12:10 AM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
You've heard, I've watched.
I've heard from people who have watched.