HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All hail Stevie Y, Red Wings Captain!

Old
05-13-2006, 04:52 PM
Higgy4

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by octopi
Considering Stevie was the second best forward in the playoffs, I don't see what younger and faster has to do with it. Okay, the young, fast teams are winning, and that is obviously the direction to go, but how many young, fast guys can the Wings get by next year?And theres something to be said for age and experience. Stevie would not come back if he knew he was going to hold the team back.

I agree. I just worry that Holland will make all of his decisions based on Yzerman coming back or not. If Yzerman comes back, Holland will most likely, once again, not try to install any youth to this team. And this team NEEDS youth like the rest of us need oxygen.

I want him to play still, I really do. But I want the team to continue to move in the right direction.

Higgy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2006, 08:16 AM
Captain

Yzerman is needed more then ever if the team continues their youth movement. Never mind the fact that he looked better then he had in years. Never mind that he has a better understanding of the game then anybody else. Simply put, there is no better forward on the team to show youngsters how to bring their game to the next level. With Hudler, Grigorenko, Flippula, Kopecky and Bootland all possibilities for next season, his services are needed more then ever.

Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2006, 09:15 AM
Higgy4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain
With Hudler, Grigorenko, Flippula, Kopecky and Bootland all possibilities for next season, his services are needed more then ever.
The problem is that Yzerman himself is blocking the way for 1 of these guys to get his chance.

Again, its a tough, tough spot for Yzerman right now.

Old
05-14-2006, 09:48 AM
SGY19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy4
The problem is that Yzerman himself is blocking the way for 1 of these guys to get his chance.

I'd take Yzerman over any of those guys. How about kicking out Maltby and Draper instead? They are both worthless to the team. Yzerman needs to stop looking at the decision from the Red Wings standpoint. It has nothing to do with the Red Wings. This is about what Yzerman wants to do. Yzerman needs to know there are other options out there for him then just the Red Wings. The Ottawa Senators would absolutely love to have Yzerman on their team. Their fans would love it. They have always wanted him on their team. Really any of the canadian teams would love to have Yzerman on their team. There is no reason for him to stay in Detroit where he's not wanted by the fans and the organization. If the Red Wings want to move on then so should Yzerman. It's not fair that he has to do what the unappreciative Red Wings and their fans want him to do.

SGY19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2006, 11:08 AM
8snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGY19
I'd take Yzerman over any of those guys. How about kicking out Maltby and Draper instead? They are both worthless to the team. Yzerman needs to stop looking at the decision from the Red Wings standpoint. It has nothing to do with the Red Wings. This is about what Yzerman wants to do. Yzerman needs to know there are other options out there for him then just the Red Wings. The Ottawa Senators would absolutely love to have Yzerman on their team. Their fans would love it. They have always wanted him on their team. Really any of the canadian teams would love to have Yzerman on their team. There is no reason for him to stay in Detroit where he's not wanted by the fans and the organization. If the Red Wings want to move on then so should Yzerman. It's not fair that he has to do what the unappreciative Red Wings and their fans want him to do.
Calm down SGY....Myself, Tin and Higgy are definitely in the minority on this one. When someone does a poll and an overwhelming majority of Wings fans say they'd rather see Yzerman play than win the Cup, I'd say your sentiment is the prevailing one among Wings fans....unfortunately.

8snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2006, 11:10 AM
Higgy4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGY19

I would love to see Draper and Maltby go. But the Wings wont be able to trade them and their rediculous contracts, and you can no longer just buy out players. So...they are stuck with them.

For the last time...I would love to see Yzerman play another year as long as the team can move forward at the same time.

You are such a tool with all of your "unappreciative BS".

Old
05-14-2006, 11:11 AM
Higgy4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8snake
Calm down SGY....Myself, Tin and Higgy are definitely in the minority on this one. When someone does a poll and an overwhelming majority of Wings fans say they'd rather see Yzerman play than win the Cup, I'd say your sentiment is the prevailing one among Wings fans....unfortunately.

I am not really in any minority. I am COMPLETELY torn on this issue. I want him back AND I want the Wings to move forward with younger players. I hope that somehow both things can happen.

Old
05-15-2006, 01:09 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy4

That's true, Higgy4. The flip side of that is that I wouldn't want too many kids gradutating to the big club at one time. What's the projected turnover now, still 4 to 8 players?

Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2006, 01:27 PM
doublejack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain
That's true, Higgy4. The flip side of that is that I wouldn't want too many kids gradutating to the big club at one time. What's the projected turnover now, still 4 to 8 players?
If Yzerman returns I think it goes to 4 to 7 players in the projected turnover department. Woolley, Cross, Mowers and at least one goalie are the locks to be gone. Shanny, the other goalie and Chelios are the maybe's.

doublejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2006, 06:04 AM
SGY19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8snake
No, unfortunately you, Tin, and Higgy aren't in the minority. I think the Red Wings feel the same way. They'd like to get younger and move on without Yzerman. I really think Yzerman still wants to play and that's why nothing has been announced. I just think Yzerman deserves to be treated better than this. He shouldn't be forced out if he still wants to play. He can play on another team if he wants. If the Red Wings want to move on then they need to cut ties with Yzerman and let him sign with another team. Nobody is forcing Chelios out. I really don't understand what Chelios has done for the Red Wings that he deserves to play as long as he wants with the team. What has Chelios done to earn all this respect from the Red Wings and their fans that Yzerman hasn't done?

SGY19 is offline   Reply With Quote