HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Viktor Tikhonov to NJ

Old
10-30-2012, 03:45 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

vCash: 500
Viktor Tikhonov to NJ

Slow news day. Tikhonov looks good with Kovalchuk in KHL. Out of curiosity what would it takes for the Devils to get his rights. Just for information, Devils have no depth at forward, they can't trade one of theirs, even prospects.

Yashintangibles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 03:51 PM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri the Fury View Post
Slow news day. Tikhonov looks good with Kovalchuk in KHL. Out of curiosity what would it takes for the Devils to get his rights. Just for information, Devils have no depth at forward, they can't trade one of theirs, even prospects.
Well the Devils would probably offer up a defensive prospect, which I'm sure Pheonix fans would baulk at because of their depth.

I'd guess a draft pick, if anything.

Also, side question; What do Pheonix fans feel is the future for Tikhonov in the org?

Vatican Roulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 03:56 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatican Roulette View Post
Well the Devils would probably offer up a defensive prospect, which I'm sure Pheonix fans would baulk at because of their depth.

I'd guess a draft pick, if anything.

Also, side question; What do Pheonix fans feel is the future for Tikhonov in the org?
Tikhonov in the beginning looked like all he needed to work on was his speed and he would then be able to play in the NHL on a regular basis. Sadly he has taken too many steps backwards since Tippett entered into organization and others have wrote him off as a bust. It doesn't help either that he was among a few others who was brought in way too early when gretzky was still in the organization as well.

His trade value is so low that he can be had for a bucket of pucks.

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 04:04 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri the Fury View Post
He went unclaimed on waivers about a year ago. That said, Phoenix burned a first round pick on him not too long ago, they'll probably want to have another look at him in their own camp before offering him up for free to all once again.

Personally, I don't understand why he's not a regular NHL player. He's a decent PKer and at least a 10g 10a fourth line winger/center. guy can play all three forward positions, is sound defensively, has good size, is not slow or stupid, and has at least some offensive skill. He's not rugged, or anything, but he's at least useful.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 04:22 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
He went unclaimed on waivers about a year ago. That said, Phoenix burned a first round pick on him not too long ago, they'll probably want to have another look at him in their own camp before offering him up for free to all once again.

Personally, I don't understand why he's not a regular NHL player. He's a decent PKer and at least a 10g 10a fourth line winger/center. guy can play all three forward positions, is sound defensively, has good size, is not slow or stupid, and has at least some offensive skill. He's not rugged, or anything, but he's at least useful.
Good read, thanks. I never watched him in NA but on big ice, he's certainly showing some interesting stickhandling and playmaking skills. Hence my post.

Old
10-30-2012, 04:55 PM
doaner

Quote:

Wish he would take biz's spot at 13.

doaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 05:18 PM
SupermanPahlsson

Seems like he could be like Petteri Nokelainen if he plays in the NHL.

SupermanPahlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 05:49 PM
_Del_

vCash: 50
He looked solid as a rookie on a team that was terrible without a real coach. Played the pk. Hope he gets a shot.

_Del_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 11:03 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
I'd be willing to take a shot on him if Phoenix thinks he's a bust. Seems like he would come fairly cheap for the same reason.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2012, 11:21 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I really wish we had drafted Vladislav Namestnikov instead of Connor Murphy. I feel like they'd make a good pair.

Old
10-31-2012, 12:24 AM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Tikhonov has looked really good playing with Kovy in the KHL

Id give him a shot

Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 03:45 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
Quote:

I was about to point this out. He looks good in flashes and then vanishes

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 06:28 AM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

Straight swap for Tedenby

Peter Sidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 08:27 AM
PADevil3034
Mooooooooooooooooose

I'd rather have Tarasenko

Really though, I would take Tikhonov in a second, especially in a swap for Tedenby. These are two first rounders with loads of potential, but guys who haven't found their niche yet.

PADevil3034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 02:25 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
I was about to point this out. He looks good in flashes and then vanishes
I think it's just more a case that his offensive game didn't translate terribly well to North American ice. He always has his head down, and always seems to think he has WAY, WAY more time and space than he actually does. This results in him not only taking a beating, but squandering a lot of offensive chances, and losing the puck in the offensive zone an awful lot. That said, he was a ROOKIE player his first pro season on NA ice. Adjustment time should've been expected.

Still, none of this really hurt his game in the other two zones, where was really quite impressive for a rookie.

This is why, for the life of me, I can't understand why he hasn't been kept around at least for 4th line time, with some PK spot duty, just to see if eventually his offensive game will adjust or not.

My suspicion is that his insistence on NHL or KHL (which is fair, in my opinion) has rubbed Phoenix management the wrong way. They probably want him to learn the North American game in the AHL, and he probably has no interest in earning a fraction of the money he can get in Russia, while touring around the nation in a bus, stopping in smaller cities in "fly over" states. I don't blame him. At the same time, I do understand where management is coming from.

I really think that crappy teams with terrible depth were very stupid to pass on him. Then again, I guess those teams suck for a reason. They make dumb decisions. He could've been a solid addition to teams in lotto territory.

Old
10-31-2012, 09:06 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
I think it's just more a case that his offensive game didn't translate terribly well to North American ice. He always has his head down, and always seems to think he has WAY, WAY more time and space than he actually does. This results in him not only taking a beating, but squandering a lot of offensive chances, and losing the puck in the offensive zone an awful lot. That said, he was a ROOKIE player his first pro season on NA ice. Adjustment time should've been expected.

Still, none of this really hurt his game in the other two zones, where was really quite impressive for a rookie.

This is why, for the life of me, I can't understand why he hasn't been kept around at least for 4th line time, with some PK spot duty, just to see if eventually his offensive game will adjust or not.

My suspicion is that his insistence on NHL or KHL (which is fair, in my opinion) has rubbed Phoenix management the wrong way. They probably want him to learn the North American game in the AHL, and he probably has no interest in earning a fraction of the money he can get in Russia, while touring around the nation in a bus, stopping in smaller cities in "fly over" states. I don't blame him. At the same time, I do understand where management is coming from.

I really think that crappy teams with terrible depth were very stupid to pass on him. Then again, I guess those teams suck for a reason. They make dumb decisions. He could've been a solid addition to teams in lotto territory.
This post, especially the last paragraph reminds me Philadelphia putting Zherdev on waivers... Hindsight is perfection but atm, Nikolai should have been worth a shot for several teams

Last edited by Yashintangibles: 10-31-2012 at 09:12 PM.
Old
11-03-2012, 12:05 PM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

Blake Coleman?

Oroku Saki* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 01:55 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
Tikhonov has looked really good playing with Kovy in the KHL

Id give him a shot
Maybe his trade value went up? I believe once the Coyotes told him he was going to the "A" last season, he went to Russia (I believe it was in his contract like before, but never was revealed) and never was exposed to waivers. He isn't a difference maker and is viewed by this Coyote fan as being border-line NHLer. He may just need playing time but he keeps burning that bridge...

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 02:15 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
Maybe his trade value went up? I believe once the Coyotes told him he was going to the "A" last season, he went to Russia (I believe it was in his contract like before, but never was revealed) and never was exposed to waivers. He isn't a difference maker and is viewed by this Coyote fan as being border-line NHLer. He may just need playing time but he keeps burning that bridge...
He was placed on waivers on October 11th 2011. He was not claimed. Also, I do not believe he has a clause in his contract that allows him to leave for Russia if assigned to the minors. I believe this is more of an understanding between the Tikhonov camp and the Coyotes organization.

Old
11-03-2012, 11:11 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
He was placed on waivers on October 11th 2011. He was not claimed. Also, I do not believe he has a clause in his contract that allows him to leave for Russia if assigned to the minors. I believe this is more of an understanding between the Tikhonov camp and the Coyotes organization.
I think it was a formality. The Coyotes wouldn't let him in camp without a contract. He was loaned to St Pete the same day and was assigned to Portland 10 days before. I believe he went to Russia and never reported to Portland. Never-the-less, I believe the franchise feels as though 'he hasn't pay his dues'. I also believe the Coyotes would have eventually recalled him if he reported to Portland last season.

I wonder if the Devils will try to resurrect the Kovalchuk-Tikhonov-Tarasenko line? Tikhonov would be relatively cheap to acquire, but the Blues would want top money for Tarasenko.

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 07:40 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
I wonder if the Devils will try to resurrect the Kovalchuk-Tikhonov-Tarasenko line? Tikhonov would be relatively cheap to acquire, but the Blues would want top money for Tarasenko.
Ya, a Devils fan already started a thread asking Blues fans what Tarasenko would cost. The answer was either "not at any price" or Larsson+, and so that's not happening.

But getting Tikhonov would be pretty good.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 10:05 AM
PADevil3034
Mooooooooooooooooose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Ya, a Devils fan already started a thread asking Blues fans what Tarasenko would cost. The answer was either "not at any price" or Larsson+, and so that's not happening.

But getting Tikhonov would be pretty good.
Exactly. Unless Tarasenko's stock drops off the table, acquiring him is unrealistic.

I'd be more than happy with Tikhonov.

PADevil3034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 11:10 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Ironic that Devils fans want him. The NHL comparison I've been throwing around for Tikhonov the last four years, or so, is Sergei Brylin.

Old
11-04-2012, 11:28 AM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

Sergei Brylin was once very solid for us at all forward positions for a better part of 12 seasons. It was only until Sutter came in to coach that he sort of went downhill. I'm not turned off by that comparison at all.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 12:17 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalchuk Army View Post
Straight swap for Tedenby
Not sure if they would want Tedenby, but I would do a Tedenby for Tikhonov and a conditional pick, conditional on games played. If he doesnt come over, then a second. If he plays a total of say 100 games over the next two seasons then there is no pick. Then anywhere in between Pheonix gives up a pick as well.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote