HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

1st line right wing for Canucks (DISSCUSION)

Old
10-31-2012, 02:20 PM
Whale

vCash: 500
I think that the Canucks have higher needs than a RW at this time, we have Kassian and Jensen both looking like quality prospects that will fill the role sooner than later. Kassian in particular is a beast, not as good of a puck retriever yet, but he has a heavy shot and his presence would create more room for the twins. I like Burrows there, but anyone can score 30 goals with the twins. I would also say that for all the things that Burrows does well, his creativity in the offensive zone is still a weakness of his as his PP time and points demonstrate. Kassians ability to protect the puck, make plays off of the boards and strength in front of the net should make him more useful to the twins cycle game. Alex also happens to be one of the best defensive players in the league. If he is on our third line we have some great scoring depth from that line, or he can drop down and play with Kesler, though that line seems awfully one dimensional to me.

Overall I think that the twins have carried whoever plays with them, if they got a superstar winger they would have put up 20-30 more points a season, hopefully Kassian is that guy and we can see an increase in Sedin production over the next couple of seasons.

For right now I think that finding a RH partner for Edler should be the teams highest priority.

Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 02:29 PM
PG Canuck

vCash: 1512
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJN21 View Post
if 2-3 1sts isnt worth a cup then you are crazy...Id give ten years of 1sts for a cup for buffalo...

Van. had their chance at a dynasty and it passed them by at this point they need to be more worried about winning one than becoming the biggest choke artists dating back to 94 when the Rangers took them out. A cup is FOREVER, 1st rounders are forgotten usually.
Dynasty? Yeah, I wish. It's nearly impossible to create a dynasty in the NHL now.

PG Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 02:38 PM
Scurr

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Virtually every team has a goalie prospect like Lack.
If "like Lack" is any goalie under 26 then you're right. I haven't seen too many goalies with two .925+ save percentages on their AHL resume before their 25th birthday. Ben Bishop went for a 2nd, Lack has to be considered > garbage.

Scurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 03:29 PM
blankall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
If "like Lack" is any goalie under 26 then you're right. I haven't seen too many goalies with two .925+ save percentages on their AHL resume before their 25th birthday. Ben Bishop went for a 2nd, Lack has to be considered > garbage.
problem is he becomes a UFA at 27, will be 25 soon, has yet to show he is capable of playing in the NHL, and is off to a lackluster start this year.

I'm not saying he has no value, but he adds nothing to the Flames. In general, goalie prospects like this just aren't worth that much. just about every team has one or more

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 03:32 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
If the + was Chris Neil I'd prolly pull the trigger but sadly it wouldn't be
I'd rather do something around Michalek and Hamhuis. I personally find Edler overrated, not really much better than Hamhuis if at all.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 03:37 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan Lion View Post
I'd rather do something around Michalek and Hamhuis. I personally find Edler overrated, not really much better than Hamhuis if at all.
No way in hell you're getting Hamhuis! The guy is the linch pin of our defense, the moment he went down in the SCF everything was doomed. He also took a pay cut to play for Vancouver, doubt we trade him.

Scottrockztheworld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 03:47 PM
Henrik To Daniel

What about Edler+ for Perry? Both players are UFAs at the end of the season and both players would help out the other team. Canucks need a top 6 winger and the Ducks need a top pairing defenseman.

Henrik To Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 03:52 PM
Scurr

Quote:
problem is he becomes a UFA at 27, will be 25 soon, has yet to show he is capable of playing in the NHL, and is off to a lackluster start this year.
Only a fool would ignore the past two years in favour of a few games this year or expect a 24 year old goalie to have an NHL resume.

Quote:
I'm not saying he has no value,
Yes, you did. Unless garbage has some value I'm unaware of.

Quote:
but he adds nothing to the Flames.
He's a massive upgrade on what they have, there is no other way to look at it.

Scurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 03:55 PM
Prairie Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post
What about Edler+ for Perry? Both players are UFAs at the end of the season and both players would help out the other team. Canucks need a top 6 winger and the Ducks need a top pairing defenseman.
Ducks are fine on D. If they were to trade Perry at the deadline it wouldn't be for a rental either because they would essentially be giving up on the season. Think 2C (or future 2C) + quality futures.

Prairie Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 03:58 PM
Prairie Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
Only a fool would ignore the past two years in favour of a few games this year or expect a 24 year old goalie to have an NHL resume.

Yes, you did. Unless garbage has some value I'm unaware of.

He's a massive upgrade on what they have, there is no other way to look at it.
Goalie is easily the hardest position to make the jump to the NHL, and therefore the hardest to judge who will make the jump. The AHL is full of goalies who light up the league but can`t get through a period of NHL hockey. Until Lack proves he can hold his own in the NHL he just won`t have the value you seem to be putting on him. At most he would be worth a second rounder like Bishop.

Old
10-31-2012, 04:00 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale View Post
I think that the Canucks have higher needs than a RW at this time, we have Kassian and Jensen both looking like quality prospects that will fill the role sooner than later. Kassian in particular is a beast, not as good of a puck retriever yet, but he has a heavy shot and his presence would create more room for the twins. I like Burrows there, but anyone can score 30 goals with the twins. I would also say that for all the things that Burrows does well, his creativity in the offensive zone is still a weakness of his as his PP time and points demonstrate. Kassians ability to protect the puck, make plays off of the boards and strength in front of the net should make him more useful to the twins cycle game. Alex also happens to be one of the best defensive players in the league. If he is on our third line we have some great scoring depth from that line, or he can drop down and play with Kesler, though that line seems awfully one dimensional to me.

Overall I think that the twins have carried whoever plays with them, if they got a superstar winger they would have put up 20-30 more points a season, hopefully Kassian is that guy and we can see an increase in Sedin production over the next couple of seasons.

For right now I think that finding a RH partner for Edler should be the teams highest priority.
I think Kassian projects to be a great fit on Kesler's wing, and Jensen better suited to play with the Sedins.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 04:02 PM
Henrik To Daniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
Ducks are fine on D. If they were to trade Perry at the deadline it wouldn't be for a rental either because they would essentially be giving up on the season. Think 2C (or future 2C) + quality futures.
Edler wouldn't be a rental. The deal would only go through if both teams were confident that the players they trade for would re-sign.

Edler + Schroeder/Gaunce + 1st

Henrik To Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 04:04 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Goalie is easily the hardest position to make the jump to the NHL, and therefore the hardest to judge who will make the jump. The AHL is full of goalies who light up the league but can`t get through a period of NHL hockey. Until Lack proves he can hold his own in the NHL he just won`t have the value you seem to be putting on him. At most he would be worth a second rounder like Bishop.
He's outperformed Bishop in the AHL, is two years younger, and not an upcoming UFA like Bishop was. I think it's safe to say he'd be worth a bit more.

Old
10-31-2012, 04:13 PM
Prairie Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLager View Post
He's outperformed Bishop in the AHL, is two years younger, and not an upcoming UFA like Bishop was. I think it's safe to say he'd be worth a bit more.
Bishop has the better numbers in 11-12, even if Lack does take it in 10-11 by a little bit. Bishop is also huge at 6`7 (though Lack is pretty big at 6`4) and they are only one and half months apart in terms of age. Ottawa was fairly certain they could resign Bishop or I don`t think they make that deal.

Their values are pretty much identical.

Old
10-31-2012, 04:29 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post
Edler wouldn't be a rental. The deal would only go through if both teams were confident that the players they trade for would re-sign.

Edler + Schroeder/Gaunce + 1st
D isn't a need. We have a full boat and two high end talents knocking on the door.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 04:32 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Bishop has the better numbers in 11-12, even if Lack does take it in 10-11 by a little bit.
Well isn't this misleading. If Lack's numbers in 10-11 were only a little bit better than Bishop's, then how minuscule was the difference in 11-12?

2010-2011
Bishop: 2.55 .914
Lack: 2.26 .926

2011-2012
Bishop: 2.26 .928
Lack: 2.31 .925

Not to mention when Bishop was at the same developmental stage as Lack he was putting up numbers of 2.81 .897, and 2.77 .901.

Quote:
Bishop is also huge at 6`7 (though Lack is pretty big at 6`4) and they are only one and half months apart in terms of age.
They're two years of development apart. Bishop started college at the same age Lack started Pro in Sweden, where each played 3 years. Then they both started in the AHL at the same age, but Bishop has been there two years longer. Even if you want to turn a blind eye to this, the fact that Lack is over a year younger helps his value compared to Bishop.

And Lack is 6'5 as per his AHL page, which is likely to be the most accurate at this point.

Quote:
Ottawa was fairly certain they could resign Bishop or I don`t think they make that deal.
It still affects value. When Gillis traded a 3rd rounder + Oberg for Higgins he was pretty sure he could re-sign him. However if there wasn't any doubt, the price would have assuredly been higher. Being under an extended contract also opens the market up to teams who wouldn't be certain they could re-sign him as a UFA.

Quote:
Their values are pretty much identical.
Every indication says that Lack is more valuable, although due to the value being discussed it won't be a significant amount. Likely a 3rd or a decent prospect.

Old
10-31-2012, 04:48 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
D isn't a need. We have a full boat and two high end talents knocking on the door.
It boggles my mind how everyone thinks that the Ducks need young defense when they have Fowler, Sbisa, Lindholm, and Vatanen.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 04:53 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLager View Post

Every indication says that Lack is more valuable, although due to the value being discussed it won't be a significant amount. Likely a 3rd or a decent prospect.
Pure and simple Bishop garnered a 2nd in a trade, and then went out and proved he could be a solid 1B NHL goalie. He stepped up for the Sens and consistently performed like an NHL goalie. I *assume* this would raise his value. Lack and Bishop most likely have very similar value at this point, almost identical.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 05:19 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Pure and simple Bishop garnered a 2nd in a trade, and then went out and proved he could be a solid 1B NHL goalie. He stepped up for the Sens and consistently performed like an NHL goalie. I *assume* this would raise his value. Lack and Bishop most likely have very similar value at this point, almost identical.
I was talking about value at the time of the trade. Prairie Habs said he would be worth a 2nd at best, like Bishop was. I can't see any reason why Lack wouldn't be worth a bit more. But yes, translating AHL results to the NHL level definitely increases value, which is why it would be silly to trade Lack before he gets a stint in the show.

Old
10-31-2012, 05:25 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
It boggles my mind how everyone thinks that the Ducks need young defense when they have Fowler, Sbisa, Lindholm, and Vatanen.
We've got some nice complimentary players in reserve with Clark, Wellinski, and O'Brien, too.

Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL battle station!

Old
10-31-2012, 05:45 PM
LeX4cavalier

Quote:
It would take a lot more than Michalek for the Canucks to trade Hamhuis.

LeX4cavalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 05:50 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
3 1sts. for Perry.

You can use them to fill whatever need you have over the next 3 years.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 06:08 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
3 1sts. for Perry.

You can use them to fill whatever need you have over the next 3 years.
We don't have any major needs in the prospect pool at the moment, but if Perry wants out we'll have to take what we can get.

Old
10-31-2012, 07:31 PM
Socratic Method Man
Weise's Lost Lunch

vCash: 622
Quote:
We don't have any major needs in the prospect pool at the moment, but if Perry wants out we'll have to take what we can get.
Schroeder
Raymond
Gaunce
1st 2013
1st 2014
1st 2015

Socratic Method Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 07:34 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Method Man View Post
Schroeder
Raymond
Gaunce
1st 2013
1st 2014
1st 2015

While I still might do that, for the sake of all that's fair in this world, make it Schroeder or Gaunce, not both. Otherwise we have no future C depth whatsoever.

And to be honest I doubt Perry would get a return like that from any team.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote