HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs [10-15-3] & Wheeling Nailers 2012-2013 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
10-29-2012, 01:50 AM
Rikiki Bousquet

vCash: 500
Good team effort and a pleasant game to watch. I know the other team was playing it's third game in three days, but it was still fun to watch the kids beat an undefeated (regular) team.

Geoffrion had his best game. Pateryn, Tinordi and Naatinen were better than last game. Even Berger didn't look that bad.

But, watching Nash play made me really realize how much I appreciate Corbin's play so far. At least the latter has some offense while Nash is pretty much just a body in front of the net. I mean, he's okay. But I think Corbin showed much more promise.

And, finally, Bournival showed me he is the real thing. He was the fastest on the ice. Good shot. Decent decision making. I don't know what he'll be in the future, but I admire the fact that I find him much more dominant now, in the AHL, than I thought he was in the juniors. And that, for me, is a compliment made to his preparation, dedication, and potential.

Old
10-29-2012, 09:41 AM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikiki Bousquet View Post
And, finally, Bournival showed me he is the real thing. He was the fastest on the ice. Good shot. Decent decision making. I don't know what he'll be in the future, but I admire the fact that I find him much more dominant now, in the AHL, than I thought he was in the juniors. And that, for me, is a compliment made to his preparation, dedication, and potential.
I remember last year, Bournival started the season on fire in Shawinigan, at least by the numbers. Most of us didn't get to see him at that point. I only saw him play at the WJC and a bit in the playoffs - all games in which it looked like he was chasing the play.

I also remember he had an injury or two last season. I wonder if, during those games with more viewers, he was playing hurt? Or maybe just he just wore down over the course of the season? I'll be curious to see if he can maintain or improve his performance through this season.

Old
10-29-2012, 12:35 PM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
I remember last year, Bournival started the season on fire in Shawinigan, at least by the numbers. Most of us didn't get to see him at that point. I only saw him play at the WJC and a bit in the playoffs - all games in which it looked like he was chasing the play.

I also remember he had an injury or two last season. I wonder if, during those games with more viewers, he was playing hurt? Or maybe just he just wore down over the course of the season? I'll be curious to see if he can maintain or improve his performance through this season.
I don't know if you had a chance to see him play in the Mem cup but he was far from chasing the play. He was always in the thick of things and created a lot with his speed and none-stop effort.

Old
10-29-2012, 01:26 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post

Bournival was injured about three weeks before the WJC's and still played his way onto Team Canada,probably due to his non-stop mentality and overall desire to succeed.

Old
10-29-2012, 02:37 PM
Et le But

BTW, Holland is 25th in AHL rookie scoring, Bournival 39th and Gallagher 40th.

http://theahl.com/stats/statdisplay....id=-1&confId=0

That's no Mikael Granlund, but not bad at all, considering where they were all drafted.

Old
10-29-2012, 04:07 PM
windycity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
BTW, Holland is 25th in AHL rookie scoring, Bournival 39th and Gallagher 40th.

http://theahl.com/stats/statdisplay....id=-1&confId=0

That's no Mikael Granlund, but not bad at all, considering where they were all drafted.
heh, look who's at 21 - is that our Brock Nelson? I thought for sure he was no rookie so it may just be another guy with the same name

edit - ok definitely not our guy as this guy is 6'3

Old
10-29-2012, 04:11 PM
windycity

and holy crap is Justin Schultz tearing up the AHL . . .

Old
10-29-2012, 04:14 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by windycity View Post
heh, look who's at 21 - is that our Brock Nelson? I thought for sure he was no rookie so it may just be another guy with the same name

edit - ok definitely not our guy as this guy is 6'3
You are thinking of Brock Trotter, right? Definitely a different guy, Brock Nelson is a pretty highly rated Islanders prospect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windycity View Post
and holy crap is Justin Schultz tearing up the AHL . . .
Can't say I'm too happy with that, after the stunt he pulled I have little respect for the guy. Unfortunately he looks like he's as good as he thinks he is.....

Old
10-29-2012, 04:33 PM
windycity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
You are thinking of Brock Trotter, right? Definitely a different guy, Brock Nelson is a pretty highly rated Islanders prospect.
heh, yes I totally was

Old
10-29-2012, 05:20 PM
domdo345

I've said it in the GTD and I'll say it here again. It's really obvious Gallagher spent time with Gionta. He's playing the same ''shoot from anywhere on the ice'' game. You can have 1 or 2 guys like that on your team but that's about it. It's a force because you create chances with rebounds and you are bound to get some lucky goals, but it often breaks the option of a better play. Mind you, I do not care if that's the player he'll be, but if he wants to be on Gionta's level he has to work on his shot. You need an elite shot to be that kind of player.

Old
10-29-2012, 05:26 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by domdo345 View Post
I've said it in the GTD and I'll say it here again. It's really obvious Gallagher spent time with Gionta. He's playing the same ''shoot from anywhere on the ice'' game. You can have 1 or 2 guys like that on your team but that's about it. It's a force because you create chances with rebounds and you are bound to get some lucky goals, but it often breaks the option of a better play. Mind you, I do not care if that's the player he'll be, but if he wants to be on Gionta's level he has to work on his shot. You need an elite shot to be that kind of player.
I think he's going to need to shoot like crazy to make it in the NHL. He has better hands than Gionta but much less speed, so he might have to be a little bit more varied but I can see him trying to fill a similar role.

Old
10-29-2012, 08:02 PM
NewHabsEra*

Just finished to watch the last game.. The first thing I have to say, Tinordi rebounded with a solid showing, it was very nice to see him that involved and being able to throw his big frame around.. It was certainly not a perfect game but it was a huge upgrade compared to the previous games.. He played alot in the second half to protect the lead, crushed some guys and his positionning was much better.. Im happy to see some positives from him, thats a game he certainly can build on..

I thought the best Dogs fowards were easily Bournival and Holland once again despite no pt on the scoresheet, they are very solid with and without the puck, I really like their game, especially Bournival's one.. Gallagher well, you have to love his work ethic but he is clearly not at the same level as his linemates right now, he loses the puck too easily and the adjustment to the AHL speed looks tougher.. Palushaj well, he doesnt earn alot of points right now, looks like a good AHLer but no more.. Geoffrion isnt skilled and not fast enough to be considered a real NHL prospect either..

On D I have to temper my expections about St-Denis, I still think he can be a good and reliable bottom pairing defenseman in the NHL but no more.. Personally I like his charactere alot, I think he would be a good add to the line-up...

Beaulieu had a more quiet game offensively but was rather solid defensively..

Pateryn and Ellis were good, Im really in love with that young blueline, pretty impressive..

Old
10-29-2012, 10:14 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kYnR...&feature=g-upl

Video I made about the Bulldogs season from game 1 to game 6. Its 9 minutes long, which kind of sucks. Wanted to put in even more detail, but yeah. Enjoy guys.

Old
10-30-2012, 06:19 AM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Naatinen is playing well since coming over and looks like he will make the Habs within 2years.Even so I would like to see the Habs draft Fred Gauthier,to see if he can break into the top nine as a Center.Top six wingers are a weakness and if Bergevin gets the chance I would like to see him trade for another 1st round pick to draft either Carrier,whose a really good two-way LW.Mantha is the other LW that Bergevin should pursue,his game has taken flight and who knows where in the 1st round he may be drafted.If there is a season played then the Habs could have an opportunity to draft Drouin without any doubt the best Francophone draft pick from the QMJHL in a long time.Any way he does this I'll be a happy Hab Fan,Drouin will make me forget all of the other players I hope.

Old
10-30-2012, 04:22 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

I hope Stortini is sat soon. Guy sucks.

Old
10-30-2012, 04:40 PM
Habaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Yes. I gather that he was signed for some more veteran input. It doesn't
sound like his input has been very useful so far.

Old
10-30-2012, 04:43 PM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
agree,a real heavy enforcer would be way better

Old
10-30-2012, 04:56 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
Or a guy who just doesn't take dumb penalties every game.

Old
10-30-2012, 05:17 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
If only the Dogs were more like Worchester eh?

Old
10-31-2012, 04:40 PM
Teufelsdreck

If Holland turns into an NHLer then Gauthier's trade of Cammalleri for Bourque, Holland, and a second rounder would look really good. Let's see.

Old
10-31-2012, 06:22 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

http://video.canadiens.nhl.com/video...188822&lang=en

This is beyond awkward

Old
10-31-2012, 06:57 PM
sharks9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
HAHAHAHA oh god I loved St. Denis' attempt!

Old
10-31-2012, 07:22 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
What is going on with Ellis' hair.

Old
10-31-2012, 07:23 PM
Viggo Mortensen

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
What is going on with Ellis' hair.
Aliens

Old
10-31-2012, 07:42 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

For some reason that was on youtube a week ago.

Closed Thread