Notices

The OT Thread

Closed Thread

Old
09-20-2012, 09:30 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 355
Yeah I could see going from 4 to 5 but if you have 4s I'd skip this one.

Old
09-20-2012, 10:08 PM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

vCash: 100
I gotta 4s already, I'm satisfied, also the new iOS6 makes it even better.. Maybe next year ill pick up a 5

Old
10-29-2012, 11:04 AM
TherapyforGlencross
I'm the Man

vCash: 500
Well, looks like I'm going to get a good part of Hurricane Sandy. 943Mb pressure, 90MPH sustained wind.. Looks like the center of the hurricane is going to go right over Harrisburg at 8AM Tuesday.

If only I had a generator...

Old
10-29-2012, 03:10 PM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesrule View Post
Well, looks like I'm going to get a good part of Hurricane Sandy. 943Mb pressure, 90MPH sustained wind.. Looks like the center of the hurricane is going to go right over Harrisburg at 8AM Tuesday.

Oh ****, good luck dude, hopefully not too much destruction

Old
10-29-2012, 03:15 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:

Best wishes man.

Keep safe. Let us know what its like if you get the chance.

Old
10-29-2012, 03:53 PM
Stewie Griffin
#unsustainable

vCash: 50
Quote:

A real man would get out of his shelter when the eye passed over and take pictures.

Just kidding. Stay safe!

Old
10-29-2012, 03:57 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
A real man would get out of his shelter when the eye passed over and take pictures.

Just kidding. Stay safe!
But really you should probably do this.

Old
10-29-2012, 04:53 PM
TherapyforGlencross
I'm the Man

haha thanks guys. I'm praying we don't lose power, as our power company told us that if we loose electricity, we would be without it for 4-10 days..

The wind has really started to pick up. Been raining all day, heavy at times, too. Though, the worst is to come later tonight.

Old
10-29-2012, 05:29 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
haha thanks guys. I'm praying we don't lose power, as our power company told us that if we loose electricity, we would be without it for 4-10 days..

The wind has really started to pick up. Been raining all day, heavy at times, too. Though, the worst is to come later tonight.
At least you won't miss any hockey

But seriously good luck.

Old
10-29-2012, 08:29 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

With the Quake the other day in the Pacific and this Hurricane in the Atlantic it makes me happy I live in the middle of the prairies where the worst we get is blinding snow.

Old
10-29-2012, 08:45 PM
TherapyforGlencross
I'm the Man

8:45PM for us here. Somewhat windy, gusts around 50MPH with sustained winds around 30.

Tonight though, winds are to be sustained around 45 MPH with gusts of up to 65MPH.

Crossing my fingers that the power doesn't go out.

Old
10-29-2012, 10:00 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
With the Quake the other day in the Pacific and this Hurricane in the Atlantic it makes me happy I live in the middle of the prairies where the worst we get is blinding snow.
Yea but you have to live in the prairies

Old
10-29-2012, 11:53 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Yea but you have to live in the prairies
I usually just hang out at the leisure center and pretend I'm at the ocean. The prairies aren't so bad, we have lots of good beer.

Old
10-30-2012, 12:12 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
I usually just hang out at the leisure center and pretend I'm at the ocean. The prairies aren't so bad, we have lots of good beer.
Yea I am just giving you a hard time.

Old
10-30-2012, 08:20 PM
MarkGio

Quote:
I usually put a lawn chair next to the nearest tailings pond and watch the birds change colours.

The prairies are great! It's so flat and straight that you can fall asleep behind the wheel and wake up safely.

Old
10-31-2012, 02:11 AM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
I usually put a lawn chair next to the nearest tailings pond and watch the birds change colours.

The prairies are great! It's so flat and straight that you can fall asleep behind the wheel and wake up safely.
Lol a guy I work with literally did this. Fell asleep during a long road trip, woke up hours later sitting in a field with him and his vehicle virtually untouched.

Old
10-31-2012, 03:36 PM
TherapyforGlencross
I'm the Man

Wow, the area where I live didn't get hit as hard as expected. Since the eye went almost directly over us, the wind wasn't as bad, which is good! A few downed tree's and powerliones, but everything is well.

NYC on the otherhand...

Old
10-31-2012, 08:22 PM
Flanagan
Registered Loser

vCash: 966
Hey Flames fans, I come in peace.

I have recently accepted a civil engineering work term in Calgary, and I will most likely be living there from January to April.

Does anyone in the Calgary area know where I can find more information about possibly playing hockey this winter?

I will be working Monday-Friday until 5 or 6, so the only possible times would be weekends or nights. I am not a skilled player just enjoy playing and would be interesting in getting back on the ice.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Old
11-01-2012, 12:28 AM
Stewie Griffin
#unsustainable

/\ nights won't be an issue, there are plenty of rec leagues that play nights. Just google Calgary recreational hockey or even check out kijiji for postings of teams looking for players. I understand that if you are a competent goalie, you won't have a problem finding ice time.

Old
11-01-2012, 06:55 AM
Flanagan
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
/\ nights won't be an issue, there are plenty of rec leagues that play nights. Just google Calgary recreational hockey or even check out kijiji for postings of teams looking for players. I understand that if you are a competent goalie, you won't have a problem finding ice time.
Thanks, I do a bit of my own searching.

And btw I'm a defensemen not a goalie haha.

Old
11-01-2012, 07:30 PM
SaintMorose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanagan View Post
Hey Flames fans, I come in peace.

I have recently accepted a civil engineering work term in Calgary, and I will most likely be living there from January to April.

Does anyone in the Calgary area know where I can find more information about possibly playing hockey this winter?

I will be working Monday-Friday until 5 or 6, so the only possible times would be weekends or nights. I am not a skilled player just enjoy playing and would be interesting in getting back on the ice.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Calgary NCHL has a lot of D level teams or even beginner levels depending on where you are at. But lots of teams in different leagues cahl, winsport leagues, whhl (though that one is a bit of a gong show)
Calgary's best feature is pretty much every community gets an outdoor rink best thing to do is hit up the 2or3 nearest you a few times each and find which you have the most fun at (level of play / turnout).

Old
11-01-2012, 10:07 PM
Flanagan
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintAnton View Post
Calgary NCHL has a lot of D level teams or even beginner levels depending on where you are at. But lots of teams in different leagues cahl, winsport leagues, whhl (though that one is a bit of a gong show)
Calgary's best feature is pretty much every community gets an outdoor rink best thing to do is hit up the 2or3 nearest you a few times each and find which you have the most fun at (level of play / turnout).
I don't even know what D level hockey is.

I played midget AA for a year but I was a lower quality player, that's all I can base it off

Old
11-01-2012, 10:30 PM
SaintMorose

haha sorry by "not skilled" I thought you meant something else. If you played something pretty competitive you'll do fine in most levels of beer league.

The other thing I can think of for finding ice time is pick up scrimmages rinks run. Some are during the day but others run on friday or sunday nights. I know Cardel, Winsport, and Crowchild Twin all normally have something at a decent time just need to check their site or ask someone from the rink expect to pay about $15 for drop in games

Old
11-02-2012, 12:00 AM
Flanagan
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintAnton View Post
haha sorry by "not skilled" I thought you meant something else. If you played something pretty competitive you'll do fine in most levels of beer league.

The other thing I can think of for finding ice time is pick up scrimmages rinks run. Some are during the day but others run on friday or sunday nights. I know Cardel, Winsport, and Crowchild Twin all normally have something at a decent time just need to check their site or ask someone from the rink expect to pay about $15 for drop in games
ok, thanks a lot!

I'll look into it more when I get more info about living conditions and all that

Old
12-12-2012, 08:41 PM
Krishna

We are organizing a most handsome player in the league poll tournament for the poll board, could you guys give me 3 of the most handsome players on the team?

We are doing a 68 player tournament and are doing 2 from each team with 8 players as wildcards.

Closed Thread