HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The AHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The AHL Discuss the American Hockey League; its players, teams, and games.

Milwaukee Admirals vs Lake Erie this friday

Old
10-31-2012, 01:49 PM
Elverpond

vCash: 500
Milwaukee Admirals vs Lake Erie this friday

Im finally caving and thinking of going to the game this friday after giving up on the nhl returning soon. does anyone know if i should buy tickets ahead of time or am I gonna be fine showing up a half hour before the game?

Elverpond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 04:20 PM
cjerina

Its Milwaukee, you'll be fine. If they have a large enough crowd, they would just open the upper bowl (which won't happen this soon into the season).

Too bad you didn't post earlier, I just sold my season tickets for this game.

cjerina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 06:05 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Lucky you, if you're one of the first 5,000 people at the game (and you should be because I doubt there will be that many) you get to choose between a Barack Obama or Mitt Romney bobblehead!

As if politics hasn't been shoved down our throats enough the past 2 years.

AdmiralsFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 08:00 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elverpond View Post
Im finally caving and thinking of going to the game this friday after giving up on the nhl returning soon. does anyone know if i should buy tickets ahead of time or am I gonna be fine showing up a half hour before the game?
The parking lot to the north of the BC is $10. The Brewery garage is 75 cents an hour, but you need a credit card to get out and it is 3 blocks NW of the BC. The ticket booth is on the NE side of the BC, on 4th Street, across from Turner Hall. Enjoy the game against Lake Erie!

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 12:10 PM
cjerina

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsfan View Post
The parking lot to the north of the BC is $10. The Brewery garage is 75 cents an hour, but you need a credit card to get out and it is 3 blocks NW of the BC. The ticket booth is on the NE side of the BC, on 4th Street, across from Turner Hall. Enjoy the game against Lake Erie!
Or just park north of McKinley on the street for free.

(Just don't leave anything of value visible in the car)

cjerina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 05:29 PM
Elverpond

I went and it was awesome, the drop off in quality from the NHL isn't terrible as some pundits would have you believe either. Not a fan of the brewers patch on the jersey(can someone explain the reason behind this?). Although, after speaking to cousins/further research Ive found out that the closest team to where I live is Rockford and since they have dollar beer wednesdays. I am going next wednesday.

Old
11-07-2012, 06:59 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elverpond View Post
I went and it was awesome, the drop off in quality from the NHL isn't terrible as some pundits would have you believe either. Not a fan of the brewers patch on the jersey(can someone explain the reason behind this?). Although, after speaking to cousins/further research Ive found out that the closest team to where I live is Rockford and since they have dollar beer wednesdays. I am going next wednesday.
The Brewers are the Admirals uniform sponsor. The have an active business relationship between the two teams. Former Brewers pitcher Ben Sheets was a minority owner of the Admirals. Jon Greenberg, the Admirals team president, came from the Brewers. You can buy discounted tickets to a specific Brewers game through the Admirals. They also have an annual Admirals season ticket holders game for the Brewers near the end of the baseball season.

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 07:53 PM
RampageNate

Send a message via Yahoo to RampageNate
Weird. I love the Brewers patch.

RampageNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 11:27 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Harris Turer the majority owner of the Admirals has been in the ownership group for the Brewers for years even dating back to when Selig owned the team.

The thing I don't like about the patch is they don't use the current Brewers logo.

Old
11-08-2012, 12:56 PM
RampageNate

Send a message via Yahoo to RampageNate
Right. They use the good one.

RampageNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 02:17 PM
Elverpond

oh, well, I guess as long as it's not an attempt to appeal to fans. To be honest though I would trade the Bucks and the Brewers for the Ads(or any team) to go pro in milwaukee. I could care less about baseball and basketball.

Old
11-08-2012, 04:17 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by RampageNate View Post
Right. They use the good one.
To younger Brewer fans like me it's more like they use the logo from when they were good and they don't want you to forget about that logo because for the most part they've been bad ever since the 1982 team but hey, that logo sure was awesome and remember when we made it to the World Series and had that parade after even though we lost? That wasn't lame at all!

/run-on sentence

Long story short, they used that logo for everything over the past few years because that was the logo that they had their only success with. It was annoying to younger fans like me because we weren't born or were too young to remember that success and they didn't even win a championship with it but they sure made it seems like it.