HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal - Phoenix

Old
10-31-2012, 12:27 AM
Jerky

vCash: 500
Montreal - Phoenix

To MTL: Mikkel Boedker

To PHO: David Desharnais, MTL 2013 2nd round pick (projected 35th - 40th pick)

Habs need a dynamic LW that can play in their high flying system on the 2nd line. Boedker's speed would be used greatly in MTL. I think he's being wasted in PHO with their trap, defense first system.

PHO just lost their only pure playmaker in Ray Whitney, and could desperately use a playmaking center (currently have Hanzal, Vermete, Gordon)

Desharnais showed that his size was not an issue when flanked with big power forwards. Would look good beside Doan.

Habs new top 9

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Cole
Boedker - Eller - Gionta
Bourque - Galchenyuk - Armstrong

Coyotes new top 9

Korpikoski - Desharnais - Doan
Sullivan - Hanzal - Vrbata
Torres - Vermette - Gordon

Jerky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 04:10 AM
palindrom

But but...David Desharnais is a french Canadian.

I dont personally mind it, but when you do proposal like this..trading a french Canadian to another team, Jesus watch you, and you make him very sad.

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 05:09 AM
PeterForsberg

David Desharnais is a monster. I wouldn't trade him for Boedker..

Also living in Quebec, most people know how to pronounced his name but when they don't it's so funny.

PeterForsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 08:51 AM
Mad Habber

I think that is a horrible trade. You are trading a guy that centered your first line last season so you can have a guy that puts up half the points on your second line. Plus we have to give a second also.

Please go build some other team. Boedker may be younger and have some untapped potential, but at this point he hasn't shown that he could put up points in the AHL let alone the NHL.

Quite the fall from Cammalleri-Bourque-Boedker. Who's next, Blunden.

Mad Habber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 09:03 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

I think the Habs would have to pass... they need the points and creativity of Desharnais right now. I'm a fan of Boedker from junior days, but don't really see him enough in the NHL to get a sense of how representative his linear-ish stats lines are of his overall progression... my hunch is that he's kind of like Eller, where he actually is playing and progressing well, even if the stats don't declare that, and is poised for a mini-breakout of sorts sometime soon. Anyway, he's a relatively high 1st round pick and a guy with lots of potential, and I don't think the Coyotes would be trading him away for somebody of Desharnais' pedigree either. I would pass from both sides. In a few years if/when Galchenyuk actually has arrived, then we can start looking at stuff like this, maybe. Not yet.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 11:01 AM
Reivilo

At this point I think Desharnais has more value than Boedker. He had full of potential but he was badly mishandle and might not be able to reach what was forseen when he was draft 8th overall. As for Desharnais, last season might be a fluke but he did put up points.

Reivilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 11:15 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
At first, I thought mike was a big fella. I checked, now I'm more like: 'naaaaaah....'

I love me some David D

srsly tho. I prefer david's upside

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 11:16 AM
danyhabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerky View Post

Habs need a dynamic LW that can play in their high flying system on the 2nd line. Boedker's speed would be used greatly in MTL. I think he's being wasted in PHO with their trap, defense first system.

PHO just lost their only pure playmaker in Ray Whitney, and could desperately use a playmaking center (currently have Hanzal, Vermete, Gordon)

Desharnais showed that his size was not an issue when flanked with big power forwards. Would look good beside Doan.

Habs new top 9

Boedker - Eller - Gionta

Coyotes new top 9

Id make a similar offer for a more proven player (like Berglund, Johansson, Wilson)

danyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 11:57 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:

Habs new top 9

Boedker - Eller - Gionta

Coyotes new top 9

No thanks from Phoenix. Boedker developed chemistry with Vermette and Doan to form our most effective line in the post season.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 01:43 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

It doesn't seem like a deal that benefits either teams.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 04:04 PM
mytor4*

Boedker put up 69 pts in his 208 games he's played .Desharnais put up 60 pts last season alone.Easy no from the Habs.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 05:18 PM
YotesFan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
Boedker put up 69 pts in his 208 games he's played .Desharnais put up 60 pts last season alone.Easy no from the Habs.
In Boed's defense, he was thrown to the lion's den by Gretzky and it took him some time to recover. We are starting to see our dividends now that we have gone back and taken the correct steps in his development. He may be a year or two behind what he could be but I still expect that he will be a fantastic 2nd liner on most teams.

As far as this trade is concerned, it's not bad but I think both teams say no. In a few years we could see different answers to this trade but at this point both players are too young and still have too much to prove.

YotesFan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 05:35 PM
Habitant le colon

Quote:

Habs new top 9

Boedker - Eller - Gionta

Coyotes new top 9

How to misunderstand two Skilled french center and break 2 line chemistry ! I just don't understand your basic minding on Hockey purpose ... are you Mike Keenan ?

Habitant le colon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 06:32 PM
Habitant le colon

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=403984

I counter (even if i know the anwser) Vermette, Louis Domigue and a 3rd 2013 vs Plekanec, Palushaj and a 2nd 2013

I'd rather keep Desharnais !

Old
10-31-2012, 08:09 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

If Montreal takes the long-term view, the OP proposal is an easy yes for the Habs, imo.

I like Boedker and that kind of talent we need and can use.

Montreal is going to have to make a decision about what centers to keep and which to let go and these kind of offers make the decision easy to make.

Frozenice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 08:23 PM
DesertDawg

Most of us Coyote fans think Boeds turned the corner and expect great things in the future for him. Most of us also hope Miele can turn out to be as good as Desharnais!

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 09:24 PM
Jerky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
If Montreal takes the long-term view, the OP proposal is an easy yes for the Habs, imo.

I like Boedker and that kind of talent we need and can use.

Montreal is going to have to make a decision about what centers to keep and which to let go and these kind of offers make the decision easy to make.
Finally...someone with a sense of vision.

I think Boedker playing with his countryman Eller on the second line would be epic in Habs land. He's one of the fastest players in the game and fits our team to a T.

For me the decision is an easy one for centers.....Pleks, Eller, Gally going forward.

I understand the want (and even the need) for a French star on the Habs, but we need to stop placating that need with the Darches, Lapierres and even Desharnais' of the world, and start striving for the Girouxs and P. Bergerons.

Does Jonathan Drouin fit that description? Maybe, but I'd much rather have Barkov.

Last edited by Jerky: 10-31-2012 at 09:42 PM.
Old
10-31-2012, 09:51 PM
Habitant le colon

Quote:
Finally...someone with a sense of vision.

I think Boedker playing with his countryman Eller on the second line would be epic in Habs land. He's one of the fastest players in the game and fits our team to a T.

For me the decision is an easy one for centers.....Pleks, Eller, Gally going forward.

I understand the want (and even the need) for a French star on the Habs, but we need to stop placating that need with the Darches, Lapierres and even Desharnais' of the world, and start striving for the Girouxs and P. Bergerons.

Does Jonathan Drouin fit that description? Maybe, but I'd much rather have Barkov.
So here the main point kill Pacioretty Desharnais Cole line to hope a Boedker - Eller chemistry ... ?

and don,t tell me that Plekanec can be the same when he is playing a north south style when DD is playing an east west style

«Pacioretty - Plekanec - Cole
Boedker - Eller - Gionta
??? - ??? - ???»

Vs

Pacioretty Desharnais Cole
Galchenyuk Vermette* Gionta
Prust Eller Bourque
Armstrong White Moen

* (i use Vermette as if my counter offer was accept if not you can put Plekanec)

Last edited by Habitant le colon: 10-31-2012 at 10:33 PM.
Old
10-31-2012, 10:26 PM
Jerky

Plekanec is better than Desharnais, and it's not even close.

Plekanec put up 69 points playing with similar players in a veteran Kovalev (akin to Cole) and Andrei Kostitsyn (akin to Patches) who still had upside at the time.

So he wouldn't put up points playing with those 2. Are you kidding me. He had 52 pts last season (not far off from Desharnais' 60) playing with scrubs half the time.....and having to expend a huge amount of energy each game on the PK (2nd amongst forwards with 3:13 SH time per game)

There's a reason why Plekanec is seen as the most underrated player in hockey....even his own fans can't see his value.

Put Desharnais in Pleks role and Plek in Desharnais' role and then check the track record. NOT EVEN CLOSE.

I bet you also thought that Ovechkin was better then Crosby when he was putting up 110 pts with Backstrom and Semin, while Crosby had to play with Kunitz, Armstrong, and a washed up Bill Guerin and John Leclair.

Put Crosby with that talent and see how many points he puts up.

It's pretty obvious to me now that you're a french homer, that just wants to see all french players on the team, regardless of talent. I have no problem with french players (Pat Roy is one of my all time faves and I was even a big fan of Richer as a kid) but I'll stick to wanting a Giroux on my team while you stick to stop gap solutions like Desharnais and PA Parenteau

Old
10-31-2012, 10:27 PM
uncleben85
My face is my mask.

Seriously, if Desharnais is going to be that undervalued by Montreal, I'd gladly take him in TO

uncleben85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 10:31 PM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

Out of curiosity what would Habs fans think about a trade for Higgins or Raymond? Or would Booth be a better fit?

Seatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 10:39 PM
Habitant le colon

Quote:
Plekanec is better than Desharnais, and it's not even close.

Plekanec put up 69 points playing with similar players in a veteran Kovalev (akin to Cole) and Andrei Kostitsyn (akin to Patches) who still had upside at the time.

So he wouldn't put up points playing with those 2. Are you kidding me. He had 52 pts last season (not far off from Desharnais' 60) playing with scrubs half the time.....and having to expend a huge amount of energy each game on the PK (2nd amongst forwards with 3:13 SH time per game)

There's a reason why Plekanec is seen as the most underrated player in hockey....even his own fans can't see his value.

Put Desharnais in Pleks role and Plek in Desharnais' role and then check the track record. NOT EVEN CLOSE.

I bet you also thought that Ovechkin was better then Crosby when he was putting up 110 pts with Backstrom and Semin, while Crosby had to play with Kunitz, Armstrong, and a washed up Bill Guerin and John Leclair.

Put Crosby with that talent and see how many points he puts up.

It's pretty obvious to me now that you're a french homer, that just wants to see all french players on the team, regardless of talent. I have no problem with french players (Pat Roy is one of my all time faves and I was even a big fan of Richer as a kid) but I'll stick to wanting a Giroux on my team while you stick to stop gap solutions like Desharnais and PA Parenteau
ovechkin was nothin without backstrom ice vision to me ! but you are comparing 1 year of Desharnais wich in case is nothing near from what he as to bring on ice in the years to come ... also Kostitsyn and kovalev were south/north players playing along the board while fancy tipy passing and shooting from circle point when Pacioretty and Cole fight along the board then Bang the net!

Plekanec as the most craziest pk ice vision while DD as the craziest playmaking vision. Go ask to *********** Mike Cammalleri !

Old
10-31-2012, 10:42 PM
Jerky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
Out of curiosity what would Habs fans think about a trade for Higgins or Raymond? Or would Booth be a better fit?
We already had Higgins, so we already know about his hands of stone, despite creating a million scoring opportunities....so I'll pass.

Raymond has speed that we can use on the second line, but he's too inconsistent, and we've just gotten rid of that problem (Andrei InKostitsyn)

So I'd have to go with the concussed Booth. At least he can throw the body and has speed on top of it. Scored 30 once with a crappy Florida team, so why not in Montreal (guess you were saying that in VAN too huh?)

So Desharnais straight up for Booth? DEAL!!

Old
10-31-2012, 10:46 PM
Jerky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant le colon View Post
Go ask to *********** Mike Cammalleri !
You mean the same Cammalleri who scored 26 goals in 65 games playing with Plek (who put up 70 pts that year)

The problem last year was Cammy, being lazy, not going to the net, sulking, playing a perimeter game... not Plekanec.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. You love Desharnais and I think Plek is better, and neither of us will change our minds.

Old
10-31-2012, 10:54 PM
Habitant le colon

Quote:
You mean the same Cammalleri who scored 26 goals in 65 games playing with Plek (who put up 70 pts that year)

The problem last year was Cammy, being lazy, not going to the net, sulking, playing a perimeter game... not Plekanec.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. You love Desharnais and I think Plek is better, and neither of us will change our minds.
plek was good while playing south/north style but now Cole Pacioretty don,t play that game ...

Plek is good but don' fit the style while DD is good and fiting but need to upgrade is denfensive laibility wich will come ... give him another year too see and you'll be surprise!

I don't think Plekanec is bad or done it,s just time to give a chance to a newcomer in the organisation : Passe le flambeau man!