HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the LIIgue

Closed Thread

Old
10-29-2012, 03:03 PM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

vCash: 500
ThomasDrance:
Quote:
RT @HalfordPHT: Hall says "more liberties" being taken against young Oilers in AHL http://t.co/YSufpXMd
Now they know what the Sedins have to deal with, day in and day out.

Old
10-29-2012, 03:15 PM
PG Canuck

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
ThomasDrance:

All I have to say is boohoo. Does Hall not think NHLers try to hit guys like him, Eberle, RNH harder then a 4th liner? Sedins take abuse non-stop and you don't hear a peep.

Quote:
“But Nuge takes that high stick and guys are playing us a lot tougher.
The horror! Quotes like this make me laugh. I feel Hall will be a whiner if he thinks he can just step into a league and not have a target on his back when he's a high-profile player. Then again, I've always seen Hall having his career cut short because of his skating and lack of knowledge on how to protect yourself.

Old
10-29-2012, 03:28 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

You want some cry fries with that waaah-burger?

Old
10-29-2012, 03:28 PM
PG Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Gumble View Post
To expand on your post:

From this:

To this:

call the wahhhbulance....
Yeah it's a joke. If the Sedins weren't Canucks they'd be considered the most classiest players in the NHL, like Lidstrom was IMO.

Old
10-29-2012, 04:27 PM
dave babych returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cromulence View Post
Will they keep the name Islanders? It would be inappropriate but the Lakers kept their name when they moved to LA. Even if they did, I don't think they'd keep the logo with a picture of Long Island on it. It will be interesting to see what happens. Brookyln Brooklyners?
Brooklyn is on Long Island.

Quote:
ThomasDrance:

Hall sounds like someone who has never received "star treatment" at the professional level.

These kids can expect this for the rest of their careers, probably even if the Oilers manage to find a thug or two good enough to play on their lines.

Old
10-29-2012, 07:49 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 1000
Quote:
ThomasDrance:

Right now they are a joke so nobody feeks the need to rough up the kids in order to beat them. Wait until NHL teams start taking the Oilers seriously and the NHL stops protecting them because they are kids on a losing team.

Old
10-30-2012, 05:31 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach9 View Post
I guess it's sort of taboo... but ****** looks like a sure-fire #1 d-prospect.

:'(
I thought the site automatically got rid of swearing, had to fix it.

Old
10-31-2012, 01:02 AM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

^ Haha... well played.

Old
10-31-2012, 01:54 AM
PG Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by me2 View Post
Right now they are a joke so nobody feeks the need to rough up the kids in order to beat them. Wait until NHL teams start taking the Oilers seriously and the NHL stops protecting them because they are kids on a losing team.
When you become top NHLers, expect to be hit harder, slashed harder, cross-checked harder etc etc. When that day comes, if it ever does for Hall because I can see his career being cut-short, they'll be played just as hard, if not harder then the Sedins get played each game.

Sedins took a beating in our Cup run. I mean, look at the top defense pairings they had to endure; Keith, Seabrook, Weber, Suter, Boyle, Murray, Chara, Seidenberg and others as well. Some people may laugh that I mentioned Boyle and Murray because Boyle isn't that physical, but it doesn't take a physical defensemen to slash, and crosscheck. Murray may not be a top defender, but he's a tank. I'm sure there was someone else I'm missing from SJ.

I'd love to see how Hall, Eberle and RNH handle this gauntlet of defense during a Cup run, let alone adding physical forwards as well.

I'd love to see who the whiners would be after that.

Old
10-31-2012, 09:44 PM
Nuck Bonino

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Canuck View Post

Sedins took a beating in our Cup run. I mean, look at the top defense pairings they had to endure; Keith, Seabrook, Weber, Suter, Boyle, Murray, Chara, Seidenberg and others as well. Some people may laugh that I mentioned Boyle and Murray because Boyle isn't that physical, but it doesn't take a physical defensemen to slash, and crosscheck. Murray may not be a top defender, but he's a tank. I'm sure there was someone else I'm missing from SJ.
Contrasting the Kings' cup run with ours... All they had to face in terms of a Norris calibre d-man was an injured Pietrangelo

Last edited by Nuck Bonino: 10-31-2012 at 09:56 PM.
Old
11-03-2012, 05:18 AM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

Quote:
Originally Posted by me2 View Post
And now, ironically, it's Hall dishing it out instead, taking Jonas Brodin (MIN) out of the game with a hit to the head. Perhaps a little payback for what Houston was doing to them in their previous game, as mentioned in that article?

When was the last time a 1st overall pick played in the AHL btw? Just curious.

Last edited by vanuck: 11-03-2012 at 05:59 AM.
Old
11-11-2012, 01:06 AM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Man, just saw the Geoffrieon (sp) hit. That was ugly...

Old
11-11-2012, 01:36 AM
Zombotron
WD-57

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Canuck View Post

I'd love to see how Hall, Eberle and RNH handle this gauntlet of defense during a Cup run, let alone adding physical forwards as well.

I'd love to see who the whiners would be after that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesler is Bestler View Post
Contrasting the Kings' cup run with ours... All they had to face in terms of a Norris calibre d-man was an injured Pietrangelo
Pretty sure a list was posted of recent Finals teams and the D-pairings they had to face en route. Vancouver's gauntlet was the consensus #1 in terms of difficulty.

Old
11-11-2012, 01:49 AM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

Quote:
ThomasDrance:

Just wanted to quote this b/c of Hall running over Brodin then Granlund getting broken. They sure don't seem to have trouble making others pay...

Old
11-11-2012, 02:19 PM
ThereGoesVirtanen
Right through you.

Hope the Oilers never win anything and end up losing their team to Seattle. Would be delicious.

Old
11-11-2012, 04:40 PM
Zombotron
WD-57

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDK View Post
Hope the Oilers never win anything and end up losing their team to Seattle. Would be delicious.
One poster mentioned a hypothetical situation where the Oilers move to Seattle and the Coyotes move to Edmonton, filling in the void but leaving the fans without their star kids.

Old
11-11-2012, 05:15 PM
Moore Money

Quote:
ThomasDrance:

or any smallish elite offensive player. Guys like Crosby, Giroux, St Louis all take serious abuse every night. Oilers better get use to it, or find some body guards to play on the same line.

I assume that's why the Sedins wanted to get to know and work out with Kassian this summer. Can't be fun taking that **** every game.

Old
11-11-2012, 07:18 PM
ThereGoesVirtanen
Right through you.

They're going to be by far the most hated team in a few years. People are going to get fed up seeing a team that was built entirely on a foundation of losing and lottery picks spanking their boys 5 or 6-0 every night.

Old
11-11-2012, 07:29 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDK View Post
They're going to be by far the most hated team in a few years. People are going to get fed up seeing a team that was built entirely on a foundation of losing and lottery picks spanking their boys 5 or 6-0 every night.
Need a goalie and some dmen to post shutouts.

Until then they can only hope to outscored their problems....seems like they'll be more Washington Capitals than Pittsburgh Penguins.

Ps. I hate the Oilers regardless, drafting 1st overall 3 years in a row just contributes to it.

Old
11-11-2012, 08:38 PM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

^ Them landing Schultz doesn't help any either. How convenient for them!

Old
11-11-2012, 08:50 PM
LPH

I would also bet that the oilers become one of the more hated teams around the league whenever they get good.

Old
11-11-2012, 10:16 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
I would also bet that the oilers become one of the more hated teams around the league whenever they get good.
I think people in the Main forums are starting to get sick of the Oiler fans gushing over all their high picks.

Old
11-11-2012, 10:59 PM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Oilers..always so ******* lucky...

Old
11-11-2012, 11:22 PM
LPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
I think people in the Main forums are starting to get sick of the Oiler fans gushing over all their high picks.
I know that I am

Old
11-14-2012, 11:20 AM
crazycanuck

Wasn't sure where else to put this but Roy MacGregor's HHOF acceptance speech is a must read.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle5210676/

Quote:
What I love best about this game is that hockey, unlike baseball and basketball, has no inventor.

Hockey has no Abner Doubleday, no James Naismith.

Windsor, N.S., says hockey began there. Kingston says hockey was invented there. Montreal claims the same and some say the game was first played by members of the Franklin Expedition when they were frozen in that Arctic winter.

But I say the game is invented every time the puck is dropped.

It is invented in backyards and driveways.

It was invented every time the marble dropped in my older brother Jimís table top hockey game.

It was invented every time the tennis ball dropped Ė or the puck when the lake froze over in Huntsville and our large family played its Christmas Classic. I am so proud to have so many of those players here for this today.

And it will be invented next Monday evening in a hockey rink in Ottawa, where there will not be a single person in the stands but not a single player will care.

What I wish today is for that game at the highest level to be re-invented again by the NHL and the NHL Players Association.

They might be surprised to discover what fun can be had by stepping outside that boardroom.

Closed Thread