HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Sabres players playing during the lockout

Old
10-31-2012, 12:06 AM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Tue Oct 30 - Lockout Results

Ennis returns!! And three other games to report on from Tuesday:
  • Ennis finished +1 with 1 A, 1 SOG in SCL's 5-1 win over Rapperswil (Spezza, Aebischer). His assist came on goal three: won a board battle and knocked the puck to his winger, who then found the open D in front; highlights can be viewed HERE where he's #63 in red.
  • Myers finished +1 with 1 G, 6 PIM in Klagenfurt's 4-2 win over Dornbirn. He scored five-hole on a breakaway; highlights can be viewed HERE where he's #57 in red.
  • Sekera finished +1 with 1 G + 1 A, 3 SOG, 21:52 TOI in Slovan's 6-2 win over Sibir. He's #44 in navy blue:

• Vanek finished even with 1 A in Graz's 5-2 loss to Liwest Linz. His assist came on a 2-on-1 setup and also hit the near post with a one-timer moments after; highlights can be viewed HERE where he's #20 in orange.

Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 02:12 PM
PG Canuck
Global Moderator

vCash: 507
Wasn't sure where to ask this, and din't want to make a new thread for one question, but where do you guys think Andrej Sekera will play in your lineup come next season, or whenever the season starts? Fantasy hockey question, BTW.

Thanks.

PG Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 02:22 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Canuck View Post
Wasn't sure where to ask this, and din't want to make a new thread for one question, but where do you guys think Andrej Sekera will play in your lineup come next season, or whenever the season starts? Fantasy hockey question, BTW.

Thanks.
Almost certainly Sekera-Regehr as the shutdown pair. That was the role he played last year and excelled in.

Sekera *might* get some PP time, but he's likely too far down the pecking list. I'd expect Myers, Ehrhoff, Leopold, and a forward to man the points on the PP.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 03:13 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:

Thanks.
He will, in all likelihood, still play with Regehr on our primary shutdown pairing. No reason to mess with something that's working. Unless there's a full season lockout, and we don't re-sign Leopold and/or Regehr. Then I think he'd be one of the first guys to get a shot playing with Myers. He, Ehrhoff, and Pysyk are the only 3 guys that might, IMO, have the skating and IQ to keep up with Myers.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 04:24 PM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

Wed Oct 31 - Lockout Results

There were three games today:

Old
10-31-2012, 09:04 PM
PG Canuck
Global Moderator

vCash: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
Almost certainly Sekera-Regehr as the shutdown pair. That was the role he played last year and excelled in.

Sekera *might* get some PP time, but he's likely too far down the pecking list. I'd expect Myers, Ehrhoff, Leopold, and a forward to man the points on the PP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
He will, in all likelihood, still play with Regehr on our primary shutdown pairing. No reason to mess with something that's working. Unless there's a full season lockout, and we don't re-sign Leopold and/or Regehr. Then I think he'd be one of the first guys to get a shot playing with Myers. He, Ehrhoff, and Pysyk are the only 3 guys that might, IMO, have the skating and IQ to keep up with Myers.
Thanks for the replies. What if there is a full season lockout (which I think there will be), do you think Sekera would have a bit more of an offensive role? And is Pysyk slated to make the lineup next year and be relied upon to make a decent enough impact?

PG Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 09:14 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Thanks for the replies. What if there is a full season lockout (which I think there will be), do you think Sekera would have a bit more of an offensive role? And is Pysyk slated to make the lineup next year and be relied upon to make a decent enough impact?
Pysyk certainly would have a chance, but he might be starting in the A and then the first call-up.

Also depends on what happens with the contracts to Leopold and Regehr. If they become free agents, then whether they are kept or not will make a difference. One would expect Brayden McNabb to be up full time though, so:

Myers
Ehrhoff
Sekera
Weber (RFA)
McNabb

Sulzer is UFA as well, and Brennan is RFA. Certainly, Pysyk will have a decent shot, with free agency acquisitions pending.

The thing is with Myers/Ehrhoff and then Brennan/Pysyk, Sekera's role is likely to be more defensive, but he does have offensive potential. We'll see if he can improve on that.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 09:56 PM

I think Brennan needs to get a good look with the Sabres whenever NHL is back, yes he has holes in his game but he does have the ability to be a power play point producer who bring abit of a physical game.

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 10:13 PM
TheyAreGoodScaryGood

I would have no problem with rolling
Ehrhoff-Sulzer
Myers-Sekera
McNabb-Pysyk
Brennan
Or something like that

Letting regher and leopold walk would allow us to make big offers for some top ufas

TheyAreGoodScaryGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 10:23 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
Ehrhoff-Sulzer
Myers-Sekera
McNabb-Pysyk
Brennan
Or something like that

Letting regher and leopold walk would allow us to make big offers for some top ufas
Granted i like every D man you mentioned but .... Wow that's a lot of little to no experience

Yikes.

Too much of too little for my blood.

(Psst ... It's Regehr)

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Ehrhoff-Sulzer
Myers-Sekera
McNabb-Pysyk
Brennan
Or something like that

if Sulzer plays like he did before Buffalo then you are left with only Myers, Sekera, and Ehrhoff as
legit top 4 defenceman you could be heading towards a lottery pick especially if one of them has a down year or gets hurt.

Imagine if Myers were out 2 months and Sulzer was a depth defenceman and you were left with

McNabb Sekera
Sulzer Erhroff
Brennan Pysyk

Any injury to a top 3 D and Miller having a less than Average year would make this a lottery team.

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 12:47 AM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Pysyk has certainly been playing well enough to get a long look at camp. If he makes the team, I'd imagine Ruff would want to play him with a steady vet so he can afford to make the mistakes that any rookie is going to, ie: Regehr. If he doesn't, he'll probably be the first call-up.
IMO, the most likely situation is that we let Leo walk (or trade him for a pick at the deadline if there's a season) and re-sign Regehr, which would leave us with: Myers, Sekera, Regehr, Ehrhoff, McNabb, Pysyk, Weber, Sulzer, and Brennan to fight for spots. In that case, I think Sekera is definitely the guy that moves to the top pairing with Myers. He's mobile, he's smart, very solid defensively, and he has the ability to put up offensive numbers when given the chance (see: international play).

I see our D pairings (minus Leopold) looking something like:
Sekera-Myers
McNabb/Sulzer-Ehrhoff
Regehr-Pysyk/Weber/McNabb
And then whichever of Sulzer/Weber isn't on the starting roster as our spare.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 08:57 PM
Taro Tsujimoto

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Taro Tsujimoto
Vanek's contract expires on Sunday: http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/aus...-sabres-vanek/

He'll be returning to Buffalo at that point.

Taro Tsujimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 11:44 PM
LaxSabre

vCash: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taro Tsujimoto View Post
Vanek's contract expires on Sunday - He'll be returning to Buffalo at that point.
Crud - I enjoyed watching his games there that were available online. Looks like we have some bad news as it comes to his matchup vs Myers and Klagenfurter AC, thats being played later this afternoon - our time. It won't available online at least via that laola.tv site. They are showing another game instead.

Last edited by LaxSabre: 11-01-2012 at 11:52 PM.
LaxSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 11:54 PM
TheyAreGoodScaryGood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
Granted i like every D man you mentioned but .... Wow that's a lot of little to no experience

Yikes.

Too much of too little for my blood.

(Psst ... It's Regehr)
This is true, if we keep one I would keep regehr, or we could let them walk and take the money for a big UFA defenseman like edler and roll out
Myers-Sekera
Edler-Ehrhoff
McNabb-Sulzer/pysyk

TheyAreGoodScaryGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 06:36 AM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

Thu Nov 1 - Lockout Results

In case you didn't hear, Ennis is back and made his presence known on the scoresheet in Thursday's only game among lockout adds:
  • Ennis finished even with 1 G, 2 A, 3 SOG in SCL's 5-3 loss to Zurich (R.Shannon, M.Lashoff, J.Tambellini). He recorded points on each goal for his team: on the PP, passed to the RD who then tee'd up the LD for a one-timer goal; later deked the goalie five-hole on a counter-attack / partial breakaway for his goal; and his second assist came when a teammate potted the rebound of his PP slapper from the deep slot; highlights can be viewed HERE where he's #63 in red.

In addition to the Myers-Vanek H2H matchup in Austria today, there's also Ehrhoff-Sulzer H2H in Germany. Unfortunately, neither game are the featured DEL/EBEL streams of the day.

Old
11-02-2012, 07:10 PM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

Fri Nov 2 - Lockout Results

There were two H2H games today:

Old
11-03-2012, 10:35 AM
LaxSabre

vCash: 135
Highlights - Sulzer (ERC Ingolstadt) vs Ehrhoff (Krefeld Pinguine) -
http://www.laola1.tv/en/tr/ice-hocke...65-101745.html

Highlights - Vanek (Moser Medical Graz 99ers) vs Myers (EC KAC) -
http://www.laola1.tv/en/tr/ice-hocke...63-101694.html

LaxSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 10:41 AM
Tim Murray
HoF Turd Shiner

Quote:
Ehrhoff-Sulzer
Myers-Sekera
McNabb-Pysyk
Brennan
Or something like that

Scary. And not in a good way. Obviously that bottom pairing has potential, but I want nothing to do with rolling that out if I can help it. Both of those guys need a vet to play with.

Tim Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 10:53 AM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post
In case you didn't hear, Ennis is back and made his presence known on the scoresheet in Thursday's only game among lockout adds:
  • Ennis finished even with 1 G, 2 A, 3 SOG in SCL's 5-3 loss to Zurich (R.Shannon, M.Lashoff, J.Tambellini). He recorded points on each goal for his team: on the PP, passed to the RD who then tee'd up the LD for a one-timer goal; later deked the goalie five-hole on a counter-attack / partial breakaway for his goal; and his second assist came when a teammate potted the rebound of his PP slapper from the deep slot; highlights can be viewed HERE where he's #63 in red.

In addition to the Myers-Vanek H2H matchup in Austria today, there's also Ehrhoff-Sulzer H2H in Germany. Unfortunately, neither game are the featured DEL/EBEL streams of the day.
I was just coming in here to see if Ennis was playing again. Thanks for the updates.

Anyone know if he is playing wing or center?

joshjull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 12:17 PM
Paradigm

Quote:
This is true, if we keep one I would keep regehr, or we could let them walk and take the money for a big UFA defenseman like edler and roll out
Myers-Sekera
Edler-Ehrhoff
McNabb-Sulzer/pysyk
If we somehow got Edler on our team, I would maybe freak out a little (in a good way)

Paradigm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 01:03 PM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
Anyone know if he is playing wing or center?
Ennis is playing first line center with Moser and McLean on his wings.

Old
11-03-2012, 08:17 PM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

Sat Nov 3 - Lockout Results

There were two games today:

Old
11-04-2012, 06:55 AM
Duddy
Everyday is

Too bad Vaneks maybe last Game for Graz won't be on TV. But I still think he'll be back after the break.

Duddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 08:18 AM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

Sun Nov 4 - Lockout Results

There were five games on Sunday:
  • Ehrhoff finished even with 0 P, 6 SOG in Krefeld's 3-1 loss to Straubing. Highlights can be viewed HERE where he's #55 in yellow.
  • Enroth played 60:00 TOI with 25 SVS on 28 SOG in Huddinge's 8-3 win over Nacka.
  • Myers finished +1 with 2 A, 2 PIM in Klagenfurt's 5-2 win over Olimpija Ljubljana. His first assist came on KAC's second goal, as he found the scorer at the edge of the crease from the right corner; his second assist came on KAC's fourth goal, as his D-to-D pass was left for Gagner who ripped the slapper into the net; highlights can be viewed HERE where he's #57 in red.
  • Sulzer finished +1 with 1 A, 4 SOG, 2 PIM in Ingolstadt's 5-2 loss to Hamburg. He was credited with the second assist on the game's opening goal; highlights can be viewed HERE where he's #25 in white.
  • Vanek finished even with 2 G, 1 A in Graz's 6-5 loss to Zagreb. He was stopped on a first period breakaway; credited with the second assist on the game's opening goal, as his pass was the one prior to a cross-crease tap-in; scored on a typical PP deflection; scored his second goal on a wrap-around; highlights can be viewed HERE where he's #20 in black.