HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luke Adam and a young defenseman for a wing prospect

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-30-2012, 01:49 PM
  #51
Prussian_Blue
Registered User
 
Prussian_Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Country: Germany
Posts: 7,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by is the answer jesus View Post
McNabb, Adam, + for Jaden Schwartz. Any interest?
I would listen to that deal too...

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 02:21 AM
  #52
Andre Benoit Bawls
What, Me Worry?
 
Andre Benoit Bawls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 13,170
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
I would listen to that deal too...
No way in hell I do that from a Blues perspective. McNabb will be a good 2nd pairing guy, Adams might stick in the bigs but Schwartz could be special.

Andre Benoit Bawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 08:07 AM
  #53
Zip15
Registered User
 
Zip15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 16,951
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by is the answer jesus View Post
McNabb, Adam, + for Jaden Schwartz. Any interest?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
I would listen to that deal too...
In a vacuum it makes some sense, but I don't think either team does it. I can't imagine Buffalo's looking for more diminutive offensive playmakers to a forward corps that's long been considered too small, even if skilled. And Schwartz is a good fit in St. Louis. Anyways, I think the guy St. Louis should want from Buffalo is Sekera, as he's the smooth-skating, puck-moving defenseman who can play top competition that the Blues should want playing next to Pietrangelo.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 03:44 PM
  #54
is the answer jesus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
In a vacuum it makes some sense, but I don't think either team does it. I can't imagine Buffalo's looking for more diminutive offensive playmakers to a forward corps that's long been considered too small, even if skilled. And Schwartz is a good fit in St. Louis. Anyways, I think the guy St. Louis should want from Buffalo is Sekera, as he's the smooth-skating, puck-moving defenseman who can play top competition that the Blues should want playing next to Pietrangelo.
Yeah in a perfect world I'd prefer the sabres start bringing in more skilled players with size and grit, it's certainly a need. Hell it's even a need on the blueline and a player like McNabb certainly addresses that which is why I'd hate to trade him. With that said I've seen Schwartz play a few times and from what I've seen he's the real deal. He could arguably be our best prospect if this trade went down and that's saying a lot with Grigorenko and Armia in our prospect pool.
As far as Sekera is concerned I could certainly see St. Louis being interested in him, but personally if I'm trading Sekera to the blues I'm asking for Berglund in return and I see that as a non-starter for blues fans

is the answer jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 11:02 PM
  #55
DJN21
Registered User
 
DJN21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Rochester
Posts: 1,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Moving Getzlaf makes zero sense for Anaheim. At all.
Like I said in the summer before the lockout business, when Buffalo had 4 picks in the top 50, Ryan was requesting a trade, Teemu wasnt resigned, and the ducks were looking at a serious lack of organizational depth and their two best players going to Free Agency together...yes exploring possible trade routes did make sense for the Ducks regardless of your biased opinions. From an outside perspective, Ryan was all but gone and if Ryan was gone why not try to get something for Getz and/or Perry while you could especially with a potential lockout looming and the possibility that an entire year would be lost and they could both walk for free...no offense to anyone but its not like anyone saw the ducks winning the cup regardless.

DJN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 11:34 PM
  #56
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 24,169
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJN21 View Post
Like I said in the summer before the lockout business, when Buffalo had 4 picks in the top 50, Ryan was requesting a trade, Teemu wasnt resigned, and the ducks were looking at a serious lack of organizational depth and their two best players going to Free Agency together...yes exploring possible trade routes did make sense for the Ducks regardless of your biased opinions. From an outside perspective, Ryan was all but gone and if Ryan was gone why not try to get something for Getz and/or Perry while you could especially with a potential lockout looming and the possibility that an entire year would be lost and they could both walk for free...no offense to anyone but its not like anyone saw the ducks winning the cup regardless.
All this suggests is that, as an outsider, you were jumping to conclusions based on very little information. Bobby Ryan never requested a trade, so how could he be "all but gone"? Teemu Selanne really didn't factor into it, because him hanging up his skates doesn't suddenly make it more appealing to move Getzlaf or Perry. Quite the opposite in fact. Finally, none of this leads me to the conclusion that trading Getzlaf makes any kind of sense. You claim it makes sense despite my biased opinions, but what sense does it make? You certainly haven't given a good reason why they would be consider moving him. "Hey, we're a bit weak down the middle. Let's move our #1 center to rectify this situation." That is absolutely ridiculous. I reitterate, it made no sense for Anaheim to move Getzlaf. That was a time the Ducks would have been looking to negotiate a new contract, not seeking to move Getzlaf with a full year left on his contract.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 11:42 PM
  #57
DJN21
Registered User
 
DJN21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Rochester
Posts: 1,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
All this suggests is that, as an outsider, you were jumping to conclusions based on very little information. Bobby Ryan never requested a trade, so how could he be "all but gone"? Teemu Selanne really didn't factor into it, because him hanging up his skates doesn't suddenly make it more appealing to move Getzlaf or Perry. Quite the opposite in fact. Finally, none of this leads me to the conclusion that trading Getzlaf makes any kind of sense. You claim it makes sense despite my biased opinions, but what sense does it make? You certainly haven't given a good reason why they would be consider moving him. "Hey, we're a bit weak down the middle. Let's move our #1 center to rectify this situation." That is absolutely ridiculous. I reitterate, it made no sense for Anaheim to move Getzlaf. That was a time the Ducks would have been looking to negotiate a new contract, not seeking to move Getzlaf with a full year left on his contract.
quite the contrary...a good reason for trading him at the time? I reiterate you're looking at losing him for nothing all the while the sabres had potentially roy,ennis,adam, 4 picks to replace your lack of center depth...thats as good a reason as any. Not to mention our defense depth could instantly become YOUR defensive depth.

Furthermore youve focused on nothing but Getzlaf's name...my initial statement said Ryan or Getz...and frankly you can blow all the smoke you want but for a month period to everyone in hockey Ryan was viewed as, as good as gone. That being said my initial statement of Ryan to the sabres(yes i said getz too)...made far too much sense.

DJN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 11:57 PM
  #58
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 24,169
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJN21 View Post
quite the contrary...a good reason for trading him at the time? I reiterate you're looking at losing him for nothing all the while the sabres had potentially roy,ennis,adam, 4 picks to replace your lack of center depth...thats as good a reason as any. Not to mention our defense depth could instantly become YOUR defensive depth.

Furthermore youve focused on nothing but Getzlaf's name...my initial statement said Ryan or Getz...and frankly you can blow all the smoke you want but for a month period to everyone in hockey Ryan was viewed as, as good as gone. That being said my initial statement of Ryan to the sabres(yes i said getz too)...made far too much sense.
Did you miss the part where I said it made no sense to move Getzlaf? You quoted the post, and even disputed it. You need to make up your mind here. I'm not arguing that moving Ryan might have been considered. I've long said that he'd probably be available for the right deal, but Bobby Ryan is not Ryan Getzlaf.

Getzlaf had a full year left on his contract. They weren't looking at losing him for nothing for some time, and considering he's expressed a desire to play his entire career in Anaheim, I doubt they were too worried about it at the time. With a full year to sign him, why would they consider moving him? That makes no sense. You're painting a picture in which signing Getzlaf seems unlikely, but I can assure you that this isn't how Anaheim sees it.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 12:05 AM
  #59
DJN21
Registered User
 
DJN21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Rochester
Posts: 1,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Did you miss the part where I said it made no sense to move Getzlaf? You quoted the post, and even disputed it. You need to make up your mind here. I'm not arguing that moving Ryan might have been considered. I've long said that he'd probably be available for the right deal, but Bobby Ryan is not Ryan Getzlaf.

Getzlaf had a full year left on his contract. They weren't looking at losing him for nothing for some time, and considering he's expressed a desire to play his entire career in Anaheim, I doubt they were too worried about it at the time. With a full year to sign him, why would they consider moving him? That makes no sense. You're painting a picture in which signing Getzlaf seems unlikely, but I can assure you that this isn't how Anaheim sees it.
Hey I think we are at one of those agree to disagree stages...
I clearly dont know your organization as well as you do and cannot try to match what you have read in interviews about getz's commitment to Anaheim. Im not going to be a homer and pretend I can...my point however was/is that having Perry and getz up for free agency at the same time, while potentially looking at losing Ryan to a trade and Teemu to retirement...was/is a HUGE crap shoot. As an outsider I view Anaheim's 13 offseason going one of two ways...they resign both Perry and Getz...or one books for bigger money and a better shot and the other sees this and does the same. Again thats speculation on my part but last summer if im Getzy facing a potential lockout/ryan trade/teemu retirement...and Im wondering if Perry's gonna leave....Im questioning my stay in a ducks uni...

DJN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:12 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.