HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Guess what? You're not funny.

Closed Thread

Old
10-31-2012, 03:44 PM
Dixon Ward
Fire SOMEONE

vCash: 500
happy halloween! (potentially NSFW)

Old
10-31-2012, 03:45 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

My super annoying co-worker just made the most insane argument ever.

He said that if he was fired from a company legitimately for taking unapproved vacation time, he would sue for wrongful termination anyway just to annoy the former company. When I pointed out it would cost him a lot of money in legal fees just to 'annoy' someone, he said he would have his attorney friend handle the case for free. For multiple years. Because it only takes 'an hour or two a month'.

One of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

Old
10-31-2012, 04:48 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post

He said that if he was fired from a company legitimately for taking unapproved vacation time, he would sue for wrongful termination anyway just to annoy the former company. When I pointed out it would cost him a lot of money in legal fees just to 'annoy' someone, he said he would have his attorney friend handle the case for free. For multiple years. Because it only takes 'an hour or two a month'.

His name isn't Todd is it?

Old
10-31-2012, 05:21 PM
brian_griffin
Measured Intangibles

Quote:

What is dumb?
Improperly suing for wrongful termination?
Assuming someone will work for free to piss off a corporation?
Believing costly legal processes can be perpetuated for couple hours a month of work?

I'll believe all that before I'll believe the Bills are an 8-8 team any time soon.

Old
10-31-2012, 06:46 PM
5 Minute Major

The Shining.

Old
10-31-2012, 07:06 PM
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

Quote:

Yeah, like his friend would even take that case (assuming he actually has some kind of lawyer friend). No lawyer's going to touch that, it would just screw up their reputation.

No lawyer other than Saul, I suppose.

Old
10-31-2012, 08:16 PM
Old Navy Goat

I need more kids to show up for trick or treat, or I'll be stuck with too much candy. Its the good stuff too, snickers, hershey bars etc but being the last house on top of the hill seems to dissuade the lazy ********.

Old
10-31-2012, 08:35 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Navy Goat View Post
I need more kids to show up for trick or treat, or I'll be stuck with too much candy. Its the good stuff too, snickers, hershey bars etc but being the last house on top of the hill seems to dissuade the lazy ********.
The final count here was 18 kids.

Old
10-31-2012, 08:37 PM
aceface33

My dad got something like 150 kids today. Small town America ftw. We just left a bowl full of candy out since we both went out with our kids. There were 2 candy bars left in it when we got home.

Old
10-31-2012, 09:28 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Had only about 50-60 kids. Kinda light for my street with a usual turnout of about 80-100. Did my usual scary music from horror/scary movies, fog machine, and strob lights. Dressed up in a semi scary outfit and answered the door and made more than a couple tweeners spooked. They quickly opened their bags and scurried down my driveway. It was another successful Halloween at the ZZamboni household. My wife dressed as Princess Leia (the white robe outfit) from A New Hope. 13 yr. old son dressed as the green man (like Charlie in Sunny Philly). He's officially at the age where he'd rather go out trick or treating with friends than parents.

I stashed a few Reese's peanut butter cups before the festivities so I'm a happy camper.

Old
10-31-2012, 09:39 PM
flyingpig
Pay the Troll Toll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
Yeah, like his friend would even take that case (assuming he actually has some kind of lawyer friend). No lawyer's going to touch that, it would just screw up their reputation.

No lawyer would take it. Period. Cannot afford to make bad business decisions to help friends.

Old
10-31-2012, 09:59 PM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
The final count here was 18 kids.
The final count here was 0. No sidewalk=success. all the candy is mine.

Old
10-31-2012, 10:17 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post

Exactly.

He also talked about how the state would have to get involved, which confused me more because he's usually ranting about how everything government does is a complete waste of taxpayer dollars. Apparently wasting taxpayer money in his theoretical example is ok though.

I'm basically going to go back to working with my office door closed again. His nonsense is overwhelming.

Old
10-31-2012, 11:06 PM
CriminallyVu1gar
LGBTerrific

Live out in the middle of nowhere. Most of our neighbors are old folks so zero kids. Pity, the dogs are hungry.

Old
10-31-2012, 11:29 PM
Old Navy Goat

I ended up with 11 kids...the funny thing is after the lights went out I wandered down the hill a whopping 2 blocks and they had almost 100. They weren't too happy that I gave their 7 and 9yo the equivalent of 4 bags of candy worth. Kept a bag of 100k bars and hersheys for myself.

Old
11-01-2012, 01:39 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
My 6-year old was on a mission -- she went to house after house, cheerful, pleasant, thanking everyone (sometimes twice). I think we hit more houses tonight than I've ever been too before. And she's only six.

That said, turnout was light as was participation. More than half my street wasn't handing anything out and that seemed to dissuade the masses.

11-01-2012, 02:02 AM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

So much leftover candy from my neighbourhood...guess there's more for me!

Old
11-01-2012, 06:54 AM
HiddenInLight

Grand total of zero kids here...so a whole bag of Snickers for myself(mygirlfriend) this year.

Old
11-01-2012, 07:20 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

I got to take my two little ones out last night. My wife was under the weather and bit off more than she could walk to start the night. Our oldest son wanted to go out with a friend, so I stayed at home handing out candy while she walked the three kids over to the friend's house and was going to trick or treat back with the two little ones.

Well, I get a text twenty to thirty minutes after they left from my wife saying I might need to come pick them up.

So, I go and pick them up and I take the two little ones out trick or treating for about an hour. We ran into the oldest one and passed on the message from his mom to go in the back door in the event that my wife was curled up in a fetal position on the couch and was done answering the door for the night. I texted my wife about passing the message on like she asked.

It was so freaking normal it was crazy.....

I look at how things have gone since we had lunch on Monday and I wonder why we're getting divorced.

I'm guessing my wife sees how things are going and thinks that getting divorced won't be that bad because we're getting along fine.

Earlier in the night a friend who just got separated and she texted me to talk to my wife again about trying to save or marriage.

My answer: I wrote a handwritten letter today about that very topic and I'm leaving it at the house tonight.

It will be interesting to see if my wife says anything about it......

Old
11-01-2012, 08:01 AM
Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegomyLeggio View Post
I'm guessing my wife sees how things are going and thinks that getting divorced won't be that bad because we're getting along fine.
I think you're right about that.

She knows you want to get back together with her, right? Then wouldn't she say "You know what... let's call this off" if she wanted to?

It sounds like you have some good civility built up here, but that it's also a foregone conclusion that she wants to push ahead with a divorce. If she hasn't indicated otherwise, then why potentially ruin that civility or make things awkward for her if she doesn't reciprocate?

I fear this will backfire on you, whether the results are immediately noticeable or not.

Old
11-01-2012, 08:04 AM
Clock

My dad was telling me last night about how, at one point, he had a six month CD that paid out 16%.

Also, it's now November. Wow. I'm stoked for Thanksgiving, Christmas decorating and the greatest day ever, the day after Thanksgiving. We're doing a real Christmas tree this year, I think.

Finally, I think we had about 50-75 kids come to the house last night. Probably would've been more if we had left our lights on, but we put the kid to bed at 7:30 and didn't want her potentially waking up.

Old
11-01-2012, 08:34 AM
slip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock View Post
My dad was telling me last night about how, at one point, he had a six month CD that paid out 16%.
Ah yes, the late 70's, early 80's.

How long will it take your money to double at .16%, which is your typical savings/short term CD rate? The power of compound interest.

Thanks Bernanke.

Old
11-01-2012, 09:47 AM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:

She knows you want to get back together with her, right? Then wouldn't she say "You know what... let's call this off" if she wanted to?

It sounds like you have some good civility built up here, but that it's also a foregone conclusion that she wants to push ahead with a divorce. If she hasn't indicated otherwise, then why potentially ruin that civility or make things awkward for her if she doesn't reciprocate?

I fear this will backfire on you, whether the results are immediately noticeable or not.
Absolutely. Dangerous game you're stuck in, LL.

Old
11-01-2012, 10:04 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:

The tough part is that she's scared about so many different things and she isn't really processing stuff.

She did send me a reply that she read the letter. She said she doesn't have a lot to say about it at this moment, but she appreciated what I was trying to express.

The longer this goes and the more see lives the reality of what life after a divorce will be like and the longer I'm a calmer person, the more getting divorced may not be less scary than trying to work things out.

I texted her this morning about how she’s feeling to try and keep a “normal” connection between the two of us.

I just have to keep trying and staying calm and taking things slow and giving her space and hoping it works......

And as far as risking the civility that we've built up so far, I'll take that risk. I don't want to live with the regret of not doing everything I could to save our marriage.

Old
11-01-2012, 10:05 AM
TehDoak
General Zad

Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
I shaved my beard off for movember. The ladyfriend is not a fan. Thankfully she is out of town for the next two weeks.

Closed Thread