HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Where Pens players play during lockout?

Closed Thread

Old
10-31-2012, 11:29 AM
Milliardo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
Overloading your top lines is nothing new in the lesser European leagues. Their import players are usually so much better than the rest that they get insane ice time. And if the club thinks those lockout guys will be leaving early they don't have to care about exhausting them in two months.
Yes, I know that :-) But I've never seen a pro team play with two lines.

Old
10-31-2012, 11:32 AM
Tasty Biscuits
with fancy sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidTheKid8787 View Post
Also a pro-tour is in the works with dates in NA and Europe involving some 50 players.
Meh.

Old
10-31-2012, 05:57 PM
SixGoalieSystem
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milliardo View Post
Two lines? Like in 10 players?
A slight exaggeration, but it's not far from the truth. I'd say the top six fowards and top four defensemen share close to 55 minutes of ice time some nights, leaving very little for the last two lines (if they even bother to bring a fourth line). Coach is mental.

As promised, here is Deryk's goal. Unfortunately we're not spoiled with HD, multiple camera productions in Norwegian hockey, so sorry about the quality

Old
11-01-2012, 09:11 AM
NJDevilsZG
I'll drive team bus

Short interview with Jeffrey (plus some Bears fan's sentiments about your kid )
http://www.theobserver.ca/2012/10/31...ckey-in-europe

Old
11-01-2012, 09:42 AM
Will Hunting
Immortal Adams

Glad to see Dustin doing so well. He had those injuries and then I don´t know what happened at the end of the last season, but he didn´t get chances to play after one bad game at Buffalo... Had to be some problem with Bylsma. But hopefully he will have his good times at Pittsburgh. Dustin definitely has that potential and always has been one of my favourite prospects in PIT. That OT goal at Boston was sick.

Old
11-01-2012, 09:59 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

I didn't even realize we've won every game since Dustin came over.

Old
11-01-2012, 04:21 PM
SixGoalieSystem
HFBoards Sponsor

Another point for Engelland in tonights 5-2 win. Engo assisted on the 3-2 goal, once again on the pp.

Video of all the goals. Deryk's assist arund 1 min. Another game where he probably played 32-33 minutes.

Old
11-02-2012, 10:31 AM
SidTheKid8787

Shelly Anderson ‏@pgshelly

Goalie Tomas Vokoun signing with Karlovy Vary of the Czech League makes four #Penguins playing in Europe during lockout.

Old
11-02-2012, 03:03 PM
Killahpunk
Legend

vCash: 677
Former Penguins enforcer Eric Godard is calling it a career.

Old
11-02-2012, 04:43 PM
NJDevilsZG
I'll drive team bus

All I'm gonna say is - I couldn't ever imagine NHLer rental playing for my little home tream in our little league, who scores a goal in a november game, slides across the ice on one knee and than jumps on the glass in jubilation. Watching his face in front of me, I'm guessing he's probably gonna need new undies later
I guess hearing how other's boys names echo throughout arena makes you desire that for yourself too
Oh yeah, he is 1+1 tonight for sure, could be more on assists. Stopped counting, was too bussy cheering Dustin is just awesome

Last edited by NJDevilsZG: 11-02-2012 at 05:08 PM.
Old
11-02-2012, 05:03 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevilsZG View Post
Short interview with Jeffrey (plus some Bears fan's sentiments about your kid )
http://www.theobserver.ca/2012/10/31...ckey-in-europe
thanks. that was a great read. for those that didn't open up the comments section:
Quote:
zgbear
Dustin is a real hockey star for us here in Zagreb. He is real team player, but when you see him on ice and his puck handling, you can immediately see why is he a Penguin….When you compare the way he is playing, with other NHL imports in EBEL league, he is far more efficient and attractive player then others, includig Vanek. In last game, two days ago, he had 5 points (1 g+4 a). We have winning streak of 7 games in row, and guess what, that winning streak was started with his first game for Medvescak. Tomorrow is another home game. We are sure that from tomorrow we will have a new club record of 8 wins in a row. We are enjoying in every second of Dustin time on ice and out of it. Even our coach Marty Raymond said, that somebody have to stole his passport, so we can keep him here till the end of a season...
Quote:
Sinisa Tkalcevic
Dustin is the best thing happened to us in Zagreb. He skates hard, reads game exceptionally well, and the pucks he passes to other players 'have eyes'.
We have a saying: when sun sets for someone, it rises for somebody else. And, though I understand for your loss 'cos of NHL lockout, and I am happy it happened. Othervise we would have never seen Dustin in action live. Every game he skates out in our rink I pinch myself to be sure it is really happening. Needless to say I will from now on be a Penguins fan, but for the time being I hope that a season will be called off.....

Old
11-02-2012, 06:08 PM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
All I'm gonna say is - I couldn't ever imagine NHLer rental playing for my little home tream in our little league, who scores a goal in a november game, slides across the ice on one knee and than jumps on the glass in jubilation. Watching his face in front of me, I'm guessing he's probably gonna need new undies later
I guess hearing how other's boys names echo throughout arena makes you desire that for yourself too
Oh yeah, he is 1+1 tonight for sure, could be more on assists. Stopped counting, was too bussy cheering Dustin is just awesome
He didn't have asist, just goal, nice one. He is now on eight game point streak, club is on eight game winning streak and he has 15 points so far. If he continues like that he will set the club record when it comes to PPG.

Old
11-03-2012, 05:32 AM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

http://www.laola1.tv/en/ru/ice-hocke...63-101696.html

Jeffrey's goal from yesterday

Old
11-03-2012, 01:55 PM
Tasty Biscuits
with fancy sauce

Nice, thanks for the updates guys! Glad to hear he's doing well and is enjoying his time there.

Old
11-04-2012, 05:39 PM
NJDevilsZG
I'll drive team bus

Well it was some party tonight 11 goals and cca 300 penalty minutes. Don't worry. Your boy didn't see any action

Old
11-04-2012, 06:08 PM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
Well it was some party tonight 11 goals and cca 300 penalty minutes. Don't worry. Your boy didn't see any action
But he made one assist, since he came he has least a point in every game with Medvescak.

Old
11-05-2012, 10:37 AM
stefanh

Allan Walsh ‏@walsha

Quote:
Tomas Vokoun has no agreement with Karlovy Vary despite the teams announcement and has no immediate plans to play in Europe. @vkoca

Old
11-12-2012, 02:37 PM
NJDevilsZG
I'll drive team bus

Big interview with Jeffrey, but in our local sports papers, so you will have to survive Google-translator
http://translate.google.hr/translate...-se-uklopio%2F

Anyway, my take is that he loves the big minutes he gets, as well as the freedom to just play the game and trully enjoy it. It's not like other teams will punish each little thing. Coach too. Not that he is reckless or floating, it's just that he doesn't have to play the game so tightly, or strictly if you wish, as in NHL.
Last part was more in the tone of - if it is underwhelming to come from NHL level to EBEL. Stupid I know - what did that bozo expect Dustin to answer without coming off as a DB - 'yeah it's pathetic, but what can you do'. So naturally he spills out generic 'no, I'm proud to be playing with my teammates' You can just ignore last section

We will be playing next three home games (14,16,18.Nov) in brand new Arena, 15200 fans, and an 'NHL-like' experience for all involved. I'm pretty sure there will be live streams. Will be posted here, in case someone wants to watch.

Old
11-12-2012, 04:13 PM
Jacob

It's definitely an ideal situation for a guy that missed a lot of playing time this past season.

Old
11-13-2012, 04:57 AM
Milliardo

Wow, 15'200? All seats? Sounds like a nice arena. Will you be able to fill it on a regular basis?

Old
11-13-2012, 09:02 AM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
Wow, 15'200? All seats? Sounds like a nice arena. Will you be able to fill it on a regular basis?
So far in last three seasons Medvescak played there 11 times, and all games were soldout. Smth like that is expected this season as well, although there gonna be eight games in Arena Zagreb.

Old
11-13-2012, 11:14 AM
Milliardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannheim View Post
So far in last three seasons Medvescak played there 11 times, and all games were soldout. Smth like that is expected this season as well, although there gonna be eight games in Arena Zagreb.
Oh i misunderstood. I thought brandnew meant it was built right now. But that's great, sounds like a cool experience.

The Swiss Team HC Bern has capacitiy OF about 17k, but most of them are standing room. All the new arenas are much smaller, but nicer.

Old
11-13-2012, 05:22 PM
NJDevilsZG
I'll drive team bus

Quote:
All seats. Sorry I thought it's default for indoors.
This year it will host cca 20% of home games. Not counting playoffs, that's under consideration only. So far all games in Arena were soldout. All things point to having some of this tomorrow night again: http://vimeo.com/5314420
So Dustin will feel more at home. At least for a week.

Last edited by NJDevilsZG: 11-13-2012 at 05:40 PM.
Old
11-14-2012, 03:42 AM
Milliardo

Quote:
All seats. Sorry I thought it's default for indoors.
This year it will host cca 20% of home games. Not counting playoffs, that's under consideration only. So far all games in Arena were soldout. All things point to having some of this tomorrow night again: http://vimeo.com/5314420
So Dustin will feel more at home. At least for a week.
Check it out, the top part is all standing room

Old
11-14-2012, 11:49 AM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

For those who interested, Medvescak with Jeffrey plays against Olimpija, here is the link for live streaming

http://sportskatvstream.blogspot.de/p/ch1_7.html

Closed Thread