General OT Thread #23: It's Not Even Fehr

Closed Thread

Old
11-01-2012, 11:21 AM
BuddyMcCormick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
Wild Onion and Billys on Grand are two pretty big Tommie hangouts. FYI.
And the Onion is filled with stuck up *****es. I've been down there numerous times, live fairly close, and I usually tip $1 per drink. I feel that's more than adequate. I bought 5 beers, bottles mind you, paid for the beers plus a $5 tip. The waitress gave me the most disgusting look ever. One of those, did you really only just give me $5 as a tip, looks. I avoid that place like the plague.

Billy's is not so bad.

Old
11-01-2012, 11:48 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I refuse to go to any nightclub type bar. I like dive bars or pubs.

Old
11-01-2012, 11:53 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
This so much. Last time I went to a nightclub, I got arrested the next day.

Old
11-01-2012, 11:58 AM
tomgilbertfan
u wot m8

Quote:
Pubs are the way to go, Nightclubs are hell. I'm only 21 but when I go to them I can't help but think, a la Danny Glover "I'm too old for this ****"

Old
11-01-2012, 12:00 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
You know, that page gave me a slight glimmer of hope. If Disney were to release the original 1970s-1980s versions of the original trilogy on DVD, as fans have been BEGGING for for years, it would go a LONG way to making me see this in a positive light.
Disney will re-cast all of the characters...

Also, if the rumors of Lucas having Episodes 7, 8 and 9 all outlined and somewhat written, I am betting that we won't see the kids any time soon.

Think of it as more along the lines of the continuation of "What does Luke do now?"

At the time, it was rumored that Lucas was more in touch with Michael Stackpole and Aaron Allston in expanding the universe than Timothy Zahn. Zahn set the Thrawn books much farther into the EU timeline than say... The X-Wing series.

Anyway... My gut tells me that Disney will re-cast the big three, introduce Mara Jade as the villain's henchmen, and the new trilogy will focus on Luke forming a new Jedi Order and Leia/Han forming the New Republic.

/shrug

If I were to guess at the re-cast?

Ryan Gosling as Han Solo.
Jason Gordon Levitt as Luke.

And... depending on how much they want to keep the age discrepancy between Han and Leia going, Leia will probably be a "Disney" graduate like Lily Collins.

/shrug

This entire post annoyed the hell out of me to write.

I'd much prefer to see a Legacy of the Force based trilogy with the big three brought back into their older roles, with the usage of someone like Famke Janssen for Mara Jade...

Old
11-01-2012, 12:05 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2600 View Post
Pubs are the way to go, Nightclubs are hell. I'm only 21 but when I go to them I can't help but think, a la Danny Glover "I'm too old for this ****"
Even worse here, since the legal drinking age is 18 and most nightclubs are 20+. EVERYONE is 18-21 there. I mean, I'm 20 but I don't feel like doing two-step while listening to ****ing Rihanna or something. If I want to do that, I just wait 'til I die and go to hell.

Old
11-01-2012, 12:09 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

THIS LITERALLY JUST HAPPENED. (I'm in blue, she's in red)

Hi Diane, here are the check images for check # 12993 for invoice # 1222983910. I also have the bank information with the clear date. (screenshot of our bank statement...scanned check images are attached in the e-mail) Please let me know when you are able to locate the payment so we can have the late fees removed. Thanks!

Hello Jarick, I have submitted the below image to our billing department and they are stating that this image is not sufficient enough for further research. We would need the actual check copy front and back of the cleared check. When I click on the link that you have provided me I am not able to access anything. If, you have any additional questions or concerns please feel free to give me a call or send me and email. Thanks, Diane

Diane, please check the attachment to the original e-mail which contains the check images. Thanks

Jarick, when we click the image nothing is loading. Diane

I am referring to the actual attachment, which I have re-sent in this e-mail. The image in the body of the e-mail is just to show the check number and when it cleared the bank.

Jarick, I understand that not sufficient enough for further research. We would need to see an actual image of the cleared check front and back. What you sent us is showing that it cleared the bank when and the check number. This is not enough for our billing department. You would need to reach out to the bank and obtain an actual copy of the cleared check front and back and have it submitted to us in order for us to do further research. Diane

(At this point I opened up Paint.net, made a screenshot of Outlook, and drew a BRIGHT RED ****ING CIRCLE around the attachment......and then decided I didn't want that blowing back on me, so I just sent an e-mail with screenshots of the images in the subject.)

It was in the attachments, not the body of the e-mail. I will include them in the body of the e-mail as well. (screenshots of the check images)

Thank you! Diane

Old
11-01-2012, 12:14 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Wow.

Reminds me of the time when my friend bought a bigger HDD when I told her to "upgrade her RAM" (it translates literally to "work memory" in Finnish) when she complained about her computer being slow. And this was AFTER I cleaned the computer of all the viruses, malware, spyware, ads, toolbars etc for her.

Old
11-01-2012, 01:15 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyMcCormick View Post
And the Onion is filled with stuck up *****es.
So what you're saying is you both agree.

Old
11-01-2012, 01:22 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

I wonder if Barb Garn at JMS will let this stand on their forums:

Quote:
Greetings.

Registrations are now open for the Hockey Finder Beer League Winter Season. 11-Game Season starts the first week of January.

First, from personal experience, these leagues are a great experience and a fun and welcoming atmosphere. If you are thinking of just starting out in league play or looking for extra structured game sessions on top of your AHA schedule, Hockey Finder has a division for you. These games are (typically) laid back and with a referee/linesman combo. The league games are located at the Minnesota Made location in Edina or the Fogerty/Super Rink location in Blaine.

Base Link for "Early Bird" Registrations; http://www.hockeyfinder.com/hockeyleague/

The divisions, explained;

Tuesday Nights @ Edina: This is the "beginner's" league. The pace is roughly on par with a Level 2 JMS pickup game, with room (and understanding ) for Level 1 skaters. There are several AHA D2 level players on my current team.

Monday Nights @ Edina: This is the next step up league. The pace is on par with a JMS fast level 2 game or a JMS Level 3 pickup. If Tuesday nights don't work for a level 1, this league or the Blaine Monday night would be a good alternative for Level 1s. The pace may be faster than you'd like, but the group of skaters for these games are understanding.

Monday Nights @ Blaine: This mixed level league would be more analogous to a Lower Level Community skate where the skill levels vary. Great group up there.

I cannot personally speak to the Wednesday or Sunday night leagues as those are WAY above my skill level. These two are a lot more competitive and require more skill that this old guy can muster.

At a high level, and you can read more on their site, the games flow well. No touch icings are called, offsides are called, and egregious penalties are assessed. You will go to the box, you will feel shame.

If you have questions, at any skill level for these structured, smaller block seasons, feel free to PM me. As stated above, I can answer questions regarding the Tuesday night league fully, most questions about the Monday night leagues, and will directy you to the appropriate person for the other two.

Again, great organization to start out with, at any level!

http://www.hockeyfinder.com/hockeyleague/

Old
11-01-2012, 01:24 PM
BuddyMcCormick

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
So what you're saying is you both agree.
Yes. Yes I am.

Old
11-01-2012, 01:57 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Boz, was that on the JMS forums?

Old
11-01-2012, 02:33 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Quote:
Boz, was that on the JMS forums?
It *was*. She already deleted it.

Edit; I don't understand why she has such a hate for HockeyFinder. It isn't like I'm going out there to recruit people away from her PICKUP games. Yet, she lets AHA team recruitment go just fine...

Oh, and I should also mention that I was told to turn my HockeyFinder jersey inside out at a JMS pickup game by the captain. Amusingly enough, this occurred right below the HockeyFinder.com BILLBOARD ad at St. Louis Park...

Old
11-01-2012, 02:33 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Makes sense to me.

Old
11-01-2012, 02:38 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Quote:
Makes sense to me.
It makes sense that she deleted it?

Yeah, I figured that she wouldn't let it stand because of the whole "turn your jersey inside out" at a pickup game. Meanwhile... AHA practice jerseys are fine.

lawl

She is such a *****.

Old
11-01-2012, 02:52 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Because it's advertising a competitive business. Why would she allow that?

Old
11-01-2012, 02:56 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Quote:
Because it's advertising a competitive business. Why would she allow that?
But she allows AHA, WHAM, and MWAHL posts?

The post doesn't mention the hockeyfinder pickup games and was posted in the "League Recruitment" section and was a post about the Hockey Finder leagues.

If JMS got involved with leagues, then I could see it as a competitive business.

Sure, I am arguing semantics...

Old
11-01-2012, 02:57 PM
Jaykay
Kuemperpedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
Billy's is usually a pretty good time, I've only been to the Wild Onion once....and there's a reason for that.

Old
11-01-2012, 03:00 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozak911 View Post
But she allows AHA, WHAM, and MWAHL posts?

The post doesn't mention the hockeyfinder pickup games and was posted in the "League Recruitment" section and was a post about the Hockey Finder leagues.

If JMS got involved with leagues, then I could see it as a competitive business.

Sure, I am arguing semantics...
HockeyFinder does pickup hockey. Pretty much a direct competitor.

Old
11-01-2012, 03:05 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Quote:
HockeyFinder does pickup hockey. Pretty much a direct competitor.
Dude... I captain some of their pickup games. I know...

BUT...

I challenge the semantics of said statement.

How do the pickup games that Hockey Finder runs apply to that post? I was posting about league registrations being open. It isn't a pickup.

If AHA, WHAM or MWAHL are allowed to go out and recruit for their league teams...

It just seems like there is a double standard being applied because of the pickup games that hockey finder runs...

Old
11-01-2012, 03:10 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

That's exactly it. It's a competitive business. Her call. I'd do the same thing, frankly.

Old
11-01-2012, 03:48 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Quote:
That's exactly it. It's a competitive business. Her call. I'd do the same thing, frankly.
Ok. Riddle me this then...

If I wanted to reach out to the JMS community of Level 1s and 2s to increase the numbers and participation of my Tuesday night league through Hockey Finder... How would you suggest I do it?

Old
11-01-2012, 04:05 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Start up a neutral website, something on Facebook, Twitter, Blogspot, etc. Work on word of mouth, maybe? See if Barb can make an exception as it's a league and not a pickup game. Probably won't work knowing her.

Feel free to post something up on The Rink as well, might be a few guys who are interested.

Old
11-01-2012, 04:07 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Also, if you want shoot me a PM with the details or send a Tweet and I'll retweet it to my advertising drones that follow me

Old
11-01-2012, 04:14 PM
keppel146
We love Bacon

great title by the way

Closed Thread