HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

C Aleksander Barkov - Tampere Tappara, FEL (2013 Draft) - Part II

Closed Thread

Old
11-01-2012, 01:42 PM
Haite
x

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLager View Post
Is Hansen playing tonight? If so, anyone know what number? I imagine he'll be a bit rusty still...
Hansen is playing, #36. Was a bit rusty at least in first, but has improved as the game has progressed. 1+2 so far.

Old
11-01-2012, 01:45 PM
ponder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haite View Post
Yeah, he links the next stream at the end of every period.
Figured as much, just tough to follow when you don't speak the language

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffer View Post
Barkov is back in a slump. Linemates score at will but barkov o+o.
He's been playing solid hockey all game long, generated plenty of scoring chances and looked like one of the best players on the ice. Looked just as good as he did in multi-point games of his I saw of his earlier this year. Again, 1 game without a point is not a slump, especially for a 17 year old in a good pro men's league.

Old
11-01-2012, 01:49 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
Yes, he's playing. Rusty 1st period, but 1+2 after that.
Quote:
Hansen is playing, #36. Was a bit rusty at least in first, but has improved as the game has progressed. 1+2 so far.
Cheers!

Old
11-01-2012, 01:50 PM
ToBBa

Quote:
Barkov is back in a slump. Linemates score at will but barkov o+o.
Please, stop that.

Old
11-01-2012, 01:53 PM
Hagged

Seems like Kalpa tried to cut passing lanes to Barkov too much. Two times it left Tappara player open infront of the net. They should have given more attention to Hansen and Nieminen.

Old
11-01-2012, 02:03 PM
sirMcDuck

Damn. I love Barkov's stick defence. His new name should be THE ROBBER.

FIRST OVERALL BABY! Who is Mackinnon?

Old
11-01-2012, 02:10 PM
heksagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirMcDuck View Post

Agreed on that first part.

Barkov's ability to steal the puck is already one of the best in the league, if not the best.

Old
11-01-2012, 02:13 PM
ponder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirMcDuck View Post

Yeah, he definitely is excellent at stripping players of the puck, one of my favourite parts about his game.

Re: 1st overall, I'm sure you were just having some fun, but my guess would be somewhere from 2nd-6th. I'm a big fan of Barkov, but MacKinnon is a better prospect IMO, and there are plenty of other great prospects in this draft like Jones, Monahan, Drouin, Lindholm, etc.

Old
11-01-2012, 02:15 PM
jonlin

I really liked Barkovs effort tonight! He was good on both ends of the ice. The commentators also talked about how everything Barkov does on the ice has a meaning. Opposing teams have focused on Barkov only the last 10 games atleast. Now when Hansen joined his line, they can`t anymore. Hansen 1+2 and Nieminen 1+1 , while Barkov was very much a factor in thoose points.

Old
11-01-2012, 09:55 PM
Hansen 36
BASED JIM BENNING

I'm glad that Hansen is playing with Barkov, he's very underrated offensively and has great passing abilities with a solid slap shot. With him there the attention will have to be drawn at least partially from Barkov.

Seeing him put up 3 pts in his first game is nice too! His influence on Barkov should be a really good as he is an all out type of player who never takes a shift off.

Old
11-02-2012, 03:01 AM
jonlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansen 36 View Post
I'm glad that Hansen is playing with Barkov, he's very underrated offensively and has great passing abilities with a solid slap shot. With him there the attention will have to be drawn at least partially from Barkov.

Seeing him put up 3 pts in his first game is nice too! His influence on Barkov should be a really good as he is an all out type of player who never takes a shift off.

I totally agree! Barkov now has the best mentors u can have in FEL on his wings - Hansen and Nieminen! Two hard-working, hard-nosed guys with skill. They are the type of guys that dont know the meaning of the word floating...

Old
11-02-2012, 04:25 AM
FinProspects

The cool thing regarding Barkov´s play is that the points or somewhat irrelevant. Like Datsyuk or Koivu, Barkov does so much more during the game that it is just stupid just to focus on his point totals. I have always said that even though M. Koivu would not register a single point in the game, he would stil be one of the most important players in the team. Its the same thing with Barkov.

Therefore there is no doubt in my mind that he is destined to be at least a good NHL-player (2nd or 3rd-line center). Its very likely though that his offensive abilities lift him to be a 1st line center-caliber player.

Old
11-02-2012, 04:31 AM
Leehh

Just watched the game. As i thought getting Hansen was amazing move by tappara GM, that line was just nearly awesome. I think it took little bit of burden off from Barkov's shoulders. That line would dominate AHL at the moment and maybe even NHL (bit of a stretch but i could see it happen) and make them AHL players look like ragdolls.

If i were a GM i wouldn't want to have the #1 overall this year, way too much talent in top-5, rather would have 3rd pick since still i would have chance of drafting bonified superstar.

Old
11-03-2012, 10:03 AM
Loffer

tappara seems to be playing. no stream?

Old
11-03-2012, 11:01 AM
ToBBa

Barkov just got his first penalty this season.

Streams?

Old
11-03-2012, 11:16 AM
RaskY
GLG

http://www.justin.tv/saitapper19

That should be the stream. Not sure cause I'm watching it from TV.

Barkov just assisted Teemu Aalto's powerplay goal. SaiPa have a 2-1 lead.

Old
11-03-2012, 11:53 AM
Justinov

(including ex-)NHL trio does the job: Foster scores assisted by Hansen and Nieminen. It's 2-2

Old
11-03-2012, 12:05 PM
Haite
x

Barkov has been on the ice for 5 of Tappara's 7 goals scored in their last two games, yet he's managed to total just one assist out of those. Bust.

Old
11-03-2012, 12:09 PM
Loffer

Quote:
Barkov has been on the ice for 5 of Tappara's 7 goals scored in their last two games, yet he's managed to total just one assist out of those. Bust.
incredible ****, as i said. he has no luck whatsoever.

Old
11-03-2012, 12:26 PM
Jussi
Dat Times Square

Quote:
incredible ****, as i said. he has no luck whatsoever.
Or just emphasizes what a useless stat the plus/minus can be.

Old
11-03-2012, 12:29 PM
ElHefe

0+1 and 2 stars. A good game for Sasha.

Old
11-03-2012, 01:21 PM
Oan

1/3 of the regular season played now. 20 games, 10+10=20 points for Barkov.

Old
11-03-2012, 01:34 PM
Oan

The following may be a bit offtopic, but just asking it out here anyway:

How come Ovechkin got to be drafted #1 anyway in 2004? (I wasn't following hockey back then that intensively) Looking at his numbers, they seem quite underwhelming, in his draft year with Dynamo he had 24 points in 53 games. Did his U20 performance then have that drastic effect, 7 points in 6 games there?

Reason I'm bringing this up here, is I'm just wondering how he could have beaten back then the top Canadian prospects, but now it would seem that Barkov would have like 1% chance of beating MacKinnon/Jones. Of course Barkov and Ovechkin are completely different kind of players, but I would assume they both are/were at the age 17 the most NHL-ready players available. Did everyone in 2004 just magically know that Ovechkin was going to become what he became?

Old
11-03-2012, 01:47 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
A multitude of reasons.

2004 was a bad draft year for North America. We thought 2012 was a bad year for North American Forward prospects (It was dire). Ovechkin only had one serious competitor ; Malkin.

In 2004, the Russian factor did not exist. We haven't really had a Russian talent like Ovechkin/Malkin, who was based in Russia during his draft year, since 2004, but it is safe to if the 2004 draft happened today, with those available as 18 yr olds, more concerns about Ovechkin/Malkin would exist than they did in 2004.

Of course, not only the Russian factor exists ; the draft is less European orientated than it used to be. In general, it seems that it is harder for European prospects in Europe to be ranked really really high, for a variety of reasons.

Of course, ability wise, Barkov is different to Ovechkin. Ovechkin was a dynamic talent who at the time, had practically no major flaws/concerns. Barkov is an exceptional talent, but i think more concerns about him exist than they do with Ovechkin. Skating concerns, dynamism concerns and i even read about consistency concerns relative to offensive domination from a respected member on here (A professional, supposedly).

So, the NHL landscape has IMO changed. It has a stronger North American bias than it used to (Whether that is entirely warranted is a different matter). Ovechkin had less concerns/flaws in a weaker draft.

Old
11-03-2012, 01:58 PM
Baggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oan View Post
The following may be a bit offtopic, but just asking it out here anyway:

How come Ovechkin got to be drafted #1 anyway in 2004? (I wasn't following hockey back then that intensively) Looking at his numbers, they seem quite underwhelming, in his draft year with Dynamo he had 24 points in 53 games. Did his U20 performance then have that drastic effect, 7 points in 6 games there?

Reason I'm bringing this up here, is I'm just wondering how he could have beaten back then the top Canadian prospects, but now it would seem that Barkov would have like 1% chance of beating MacKinnon/Jones. Of course Barkov and Ovechkin are completely different kind of players, but I would assume they both are/were at the age 17 the most NHL-ready players available. Did everyone in 2004 just magically know that Ovechkin was going to become what he became?
It's not always about numbers, especially when prospects are playing in a professional league. I don't think his numbers were bad, although they might seem underwhelming considering his immediate success in the NHL after the lockout. His toolset and style of play (grit, speed & size) suited the NHL perfectly, propably better than KHL/RSL.

Although Malkin may be better right now, I think Ovechkin would be the #1 pick of that draft over and over again.

Barkov has impressive numbers and generally very intelligent game in all aspects. Not saying he's like Ovechkin (very different style) but the main difference between him & ovie going #1 overall is propably the somewhat weak competition back in 2004, although guys like Cam Barker were considered great prospects at that time. There was Malkin but no canadian prospects comparable to mackinnon.

edit. also as the above poster stated, Barkov still has some flaws to his game, mainly needs to work on his skating. Ovechkin basically was a more complete player.

Last edited by Baggie: 11-03-2012 at 02:04 PM.
Closed Thread