HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > General Sports
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Sports Other sports without their own forum, and general sports talk

Lance Armstrong will admit to doping (1/11 report)

Old
11-01-2012, 01:59 PM
Evilo

vCash: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
As you can see by my previous posts I am no fan of LA nor have I been for a long time. But I am wondering how your French press is doing with the remarkable climbing of Thomas Voeckler and Pierre Rolland the past two Tours. Just a couple of great riders? Me thinks not.
Contrary to what was written here on HFBoards, french press is extremely harsh and suspicious on french riders too. Dating back to Virenque of course, who went from every french cyclism fan darling to an absolute idiot in a month.

Lots of questions were raised about Voekler and Rolland, the latter mostly though on his character and behaviour.

Evilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilo View Post
Contrary to what was written here on HFBoards, french press is extremely harsh and suspicious on french riders too. Dating back to Virenque of course, who went from every french cyclism fan darling to an absolute idiot in a month.

Lots of questions were raised about Voekler and Rolland, the latter mostly though on his character and behaviour.
I don't really have access to French press so I didn't mean that as an accusation. Sorry if it came across that way. They were right about Armstrong and I give them credit for that. I just wonder if they turn a blind eye to their own such as what seems to be the norm in Spain.

I have to admit that this point I'm fed up with everybody who falls into the category of enabler. From the UCI, to DS to MD to mechanic, trainer, press, and anybody else who is guilty.

Eddie Shack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 03:06 PM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

Quote:
I don't really have access to French press so I didn't mean that as an accusation. Sorry if it came across that way. They were right about Armstrong and I give them credit for that. I just wonder if they turn a blind eye to their own such as what seems to be the norm in Spain.

I have to admit that this point I'm fed up with everybody who falls into the category of enabler. From the UCI, to DS to MD to mechanic, trainer, press, and anybody else who is guilty.
Spain is ****ed up lol

Vasilevskiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 05:03 PM
Evilo

Quote:

There's is a huge tension between french and spanish sports people since some french athletes laid some doubts over spanish performances.

Spain's winning trend is certainly not doping related.

But do they dope? Of course. French athletes dope as well, I have zero doubt.

But yeah in some extent, Spain is right now like China, and maybe they do have products that some people don't have but more importantly and likely, they have the endorsement of their gouvernement.

Old
11-04-2012, 01:47 AM
MS

Quote:
Spain's winning trend is certainly not doping related.
You're more generous than I am.

The level that Spain has dominated to in the last 10 years in cycling, tennis, and soccer is utterly ridiculous. And the amount of red flags around the top Spanish players in each of those sports is a dead giveaway as to what's happening. It's completely out of context with their historical strength and simply not believeable.

Absolutely massive doping culture in that country.

Had a good chuckle at the Ballon d'Or finalists, where about 15 of 20 guys are either Spanish or playing for Real Madrid or Barcelona. Yeah, right. When you look at the doping ties to soccer (and those two teams in particular) of the doctors involved in cycling scandals, and especially the Operation Puerto stuff, it's pretty bloody obvious what's going on.

MS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 04:09 AM
Evilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS View Post
You're more generous than I am.

The level that Spain has dominated to in the last 10 years in cycling, tennis, and soccer is utterly ridiculous. And the amount of red flags around the top Spanish players in each of those sports is a dead giveaway as to what's happening. It's completely out of context with their historical strength and simply not believeable.

Absolutely massive doping culture in that country.

Had a good chuckle at the Ballon d'Or finalists, where about 15 of 20 guys are either Spanish or playing for Real Madrid or Barcelona. Yeah, right. When you look at the doping ties to soccer (and those two teams in particular) of the doctors involved in cycling scandals, and especially the Operation Puerto stuff, it's pretty bloody obvious what's going on.
I do think they dope, and that their gouvernment covers them. I said that much.

However, other athletes dope as well, so the massive success they have is also related to formation and the stress that was put on sports in the last 25 years in Spain.
For instance, NBA. Spanish players are now clearly the second best Bballers in the world. Do they dope more than other NBA players? I think not.
Same in football, tennis, etc...

Old
11-04-2012, 08:15 AM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

There are lot of a rumors out there that most of Nadal's injuries/breaks are timed to avoid doping controls.

Epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 08:53 AM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

Yeah I've heard that too, but I don't know...

Old
11-04-2012, 09:37 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Are you telling the truth here Evilo, I think not. Of course people were disappointed in Virenque but the tune changed rather quickly. Perhaps most of the media were harsh (I dont read magazines/newspapers) but the fans certainly not (own observation, live and on television).

I thought it was quite astonishing to see, how the French responded on Armstrong (rightfully so, the guy was a total *****) and how they treated their own countryman Virenque who wasnt anything better.

Let me be the first the say, that Virenque did have some heart but the French are known for their chauvinism.

Frolov 6'3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 09:56 AM
Panteras
perennial loser

vCash: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
There are lot of a rumors out there that most of Nadal's injuries/breaks are timed to avoid doping controls.
or...it's also the fact of what many tennis experts and fans have been saying for years now, that his style of play wrecks his knees...maybe I'm being ignorant here, but aren't doping tests random? Because I know for a fact he's had the random tests done

Panteras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 03:45 PM
Evilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post
Are you telling the truth here Evilo, I think not. Of course people were disappointed in Virenque but the tune changed rather quickly. Perhaps most of the media were harsh (I dont read magazines/newspapers) but the fans certainly not (own observation, live and on television).

I thought it was quite astonishing to see, how the French responded on Armstrong (rightfully so, the guy was a total *****) and how they treated their own countryman Virenque who wasnt anything better.

Let me be the first the say, that Virenque did have some heart but the French are known for their chauvinism.
Nah, really not.
There was a huge anti-Virenque media campaign.
The famous "à l'insu de mon plain gré", which is really hard to translate has become synonymous with lies in french language.
It was from Virenque's words, and the media made it the ultimate FAIL lie.

People didn't hate Virenque, they thought he was an idiot that tried to deny things while admitting them.

Sure, some cyclism fans stayed faithful (with the common defense of "they're all doped anyway"), but most french people (meaning the majority of cyclism fans + others) don't think much of him, besides being an idiot.

And about LA, people hated his attitude. Virenque to be fair, was never an ******* towards other cyclists and media.

Old
11-05-2012, 08:11 PM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

Australian clothing brand SKINS has filed a law suit against the International Cycling Union, seeking damages and alleging that the sport's governing body lacked leadership in the fight against doping.

"The UCI has been served with a demand for $2 million (£1.3 million) by leading sports compression wear company SKINS, seeking damages caused by alleged mismanagement and the Lance Armstrong doping scandal," SKINS said.

vsk92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 10:27 PM
invictus

Can we update the title to reflect Lance being a bum and losing all his titles?

invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 02:36 AM
The Imp

Allegedly, LA tweeted this pic recently.

Last edited by The Imp: 11-11-2012 at 06:39 AM.
The Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2012, 04:59 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
People didn't hate Virenque, they thought he was an idiot that tried to deny things while admitting them.

Sure, some cyclism fans stayed faithful (with the common defense of "they're all doped anyway"), but most french people (meaning the majority of cyclism fans + others) don't think much of him, besides being an idiot.
C'mon dude. I have been in this media circus and there was absolutely no ****ing way that the majority of the cycling fans thought like this. On the contrary. It has been brought up by numerous announcers during those years as well.

I think you confuse the media with the French cycling fans.

Old
11-11-2012, 05:39 PM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer View Post

Allegedly, LA tweeted this pic recently.

boss style

Old
11-12-2012, 02:05 AM
Evilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post
C'mon dude. I have been in this media circus and there was absolutely no ****ing way that the majority of the cycling fans thought like this. On the contrary. It has been brought up by numerous announcers during those years as well.

I think you confuse the media with the French cycling fans.
Hardly. And I have many cyclists fans around me.

Old
01-04-2013, 09:11 PM
Francesa
(╯°□°)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

http://twitter.com/Buster_ESPN/statu...95445704126464

Quote:
NY Times is reporting that Lance Armstrong weighing PED admission. nytimes.com/2013/01/05/spo… That'd have to come with about a million apologies.
ROFL.

Francesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 09:40 PM
EpochLink
Canucks and Jets fan

So much for being innocent Lance..

EpochLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 03:09 AM
Evilo

Wonder if all the people that were sued by him (and lost money) because of (reportedly wrong) doping accusations are being refund now.
I know some english newspapers are trying to get their money back, but I sure hope that's where he's hit, since that's where it hurts him the most.

Old
01-05-2013, 04:03 AM
octopi

vCash: 703
Wait, exactly why would he admit anything now again?

octopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 05:05 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Yes indeed, weird timing.

Old
01-05-2013, 07:02 AM
Peter Zezel

vCash: 50
I think he's decided he wants to ride still.

Peter Zezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 10:01 AM
invictus

At his age, and without drugs, won't he just suck? I have no idea when the peak for a rider is, but he is kind of old for the sport now, no?

invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 10:54 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by invictus View Post
At his age, and without drugs, won't he just suck? I have no idea when the peak for a rider is, but he is kind of old for the sport now, no?
I dont think he meant as professional cyclist. Those days are over.

Keep in mind Armstrong is not allowed to start anywhere and he likes to participate in a triathlon so now and then.