HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

PPM Part VIII: Sponsor Offers are in for Hockey!

Closed Thread

Old
10-26-2012, 11:59 AM
Emerald76

vCash: 500
Guys, for those of you who can, please pop by the Admin threads, specifically the "PPM Team General Discussion" thread and weigh in with your thoughts on my most recent post there. Page 645.

Cheers.

Old
10-26-2012, 02:54 PM
canucks357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald76 View Post
Guys, for those of you who can, please pop by the Admin threads, specifically the "PPM Team General Discussion" thread and weigh in with your thoughts on my most recent post there. Page 645.

Cheers.
Will do.

Also check out my PR which includes a photo!

Old
10-27-2012, 07:24 AM
Emerald76

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
Will do.

Also check out my PR which includes a photo!
Haha - I've toyed with doing a similar thing with my team as a wallpaper - for fun value!!

Ya beat me to it - good stuff

Old
10-27-2012, 09:45 AM
tujague

I'm a few days away from being able to sell some players. Here's everyone over 16yo. The 24yo goalie is probably staying as the backup. And the 17yo C Kadeykin, as well. Although if you really want him (Why? He has low OR.), I do have some other Cs I could plug in.

Yes, most of them are flawed, but they worked for me

LINK to my team. Let me know if anyone interests you

Old
10-27-2012, 12:04 PM
canucks357

Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
I'm a few days away from being able to sell some players. Here's everyone over 16yo. The 24yo goalie is probably staying as the backup. And the 17yo C Kadeykin, as well. Although if you really want him (Why? He has low OR.), I do have some other Cs I could plug in.

Yes, most of them are flawed, but they worked for me

LINK to my team. Let me know if anyone interests you
Archman, is he L or R? I'd take him if I could get him at a decent price. I don't really need older guys but his Qs and CL-path look damn fine.

Old
10-27-2012, 07:50 PM
tujague

Quote:
Archman, is he L or R? I'd take him if I could get him at a decent price. I don't really need older guys but his Qs and CL-path look damn fine.
I knew you'd be interested in him. You're such a CL snob

Archman is a Lefty. Falk (C) is also on the same career path. Butylkin (right), Yang (RW) and Kudelka (righty) dropped to 4/6 at 21yo. Baker dropped to 5/6 at 17yo.

Old
10-28-2012, 08:59 AM
canucks357

Quote:
I knew you'd be interested in him. You're such a CL snob

Old
10-28-2012, 12:23 PM
suprvilce

I have a pretty big game tomorrow, but my #1 center is still 3 days away from full recovery after breaking his wrist (was off like 20 days). A rookie who otherwise doesn't play has taken his place and played very well. Should i keep him for the game or play my usual #1 center who is day-to-day. I don't mind going with a youngster, since i don't know how the game can affect the injured player. Anyone have any experience with this?

Old
10-28-2012, 01:42 PM
canucks357

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprvilce View Post
I have a pretty big game tomorrow, but my #1 center is still 3 days away from full recovery after breaking his wrist (was off like 20 days). A rookie who otherwise doesn't play has taken his place and played very well. Should i keep him for the game or play my usual #1 center who is day-to-day. I don't mind going with a youngster, since i don't know how the game can affect the injured player. Anyone have any experience with this?
I've yet to see any sign of playing injured resulting in further injury. Also, you're likely looking at a 5-10% ability reduction due to his injury.

Last edited by canucks357: 10-28-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Old
10-29-2012, 09:16 AM
tujague

Obryantj, isn't it interesting how we each hold the others fate in our hands? You play the High Headerz who are 3 points ahead of me. I play FC Corona who are 4 points ahead of you. And you two play the last game of the season!

Too bad I won't be able to help you

Quote:
I've yet to see any sign of playing injured resulting in further injury. Also, you're likely looking at a 5-10% ability reduction due to his injury.
I know this happened once. Damn. I don't remember his name. His team was Skavenblight. He had someone with the flu. He played him and the guy got pneumonia. That's the only time I've seen it though.

Old
10-29-2012, 09:19 AM
canucks357

Quote:
I know this happened once. Damn. I don't remember his name. His team was Skavenblight. He had someone with the flu. He played him and the guy got pneumonia. That's the only time I've seen it though.
Statistically speaking it will happen from time to time that guys get hurt/injured/sick in back-to-back occurrences but I've been experimenting and haven't been able to induce an injury by playing a player injured. Perhaps I'm lucky. Or perhaps if all we know of is one time (at band camp) then it was just a coincidence.

Old
10-29-2012, 10:10 AM
tujague

That's true. The reason I think it's connected is because it was flu to pneumonia. That would have to be a pretty big coincidence if it was random. Although that's also a pretty good example of random

PPM does say this is possible, right?

EDIT: Do you want Archman soon? Hmm, I will have to wait until he reaches 1,000 OR before listing, but the starting bid will be whatever you think is fair lower offer. Remember, I am cheap. So I understand that you will lowball me and will not get butt hurt

Old
10-29-2012, 10:54 AM
saint2e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald76 View Post

Cheers.
I agree with you, but good luck getting those in an advantage to agree as well.

Old
10-29-2012, 07:41 PM
canucks357

Quote:
That's true. The reason I think it's connected is because it was flu to pneumonia. That would have to be a pretty big coincidence if it was random. Although that's also a pretty good example of random

PPM does say this is possible, right?

EDIT: Do you want Archman soon? Hmm, I will have to wait until he reaches 1,000 OR before listing, but the starting bid will be whatever you think is fair lower offer. Remember, I am cheap. So I understand that you will lowball me and will not get butt hurt
I'm in no rush. Was only offering because:
a) I have oodles of cash
b) You may need cash
c) It is you who is stelling him

Old
10-30-2012, 06:22 AM
Obryantj

Quote:
Obryantj, isn't it interesting how we each hold the others fate in our hands? You play the High Headerz who are 3 points ahead of me. I play FC Corona who are 4 points ahead of you. And you two play the last game of the season!

Too bad I won't be able to help you
I could definitely use some help from you to catch the Coronas. I'm not liking my chances against the High Headerz though, he's saved a lot of energy in order to finish outside of the top 2.

I'm fairly confident that the Coronas will win the league this year and earn enough OTR to become the top OTR team in the country as well. At the end of the season, I need to sell some players and I think a lot of the "who" I sell will be related to how I feel about my chances in the next 2-3 years. I do have a bit of cash currently and may skip building HR-15 soon and instead buy some Canadian NT players.

Old
10-30-2012, 09:08 AM
canucks357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obryantj View Post
I do have a bit of cash currently and may skip building HR-15 soon and instead buy some Canadian NT players.
Why oh WHY did I have to advertise it to the whole world!?! I have tracking bids on all of them and was hoping to land one or two. I have a feeling there'll be some serious bidding wars between people who know eachother... (saint2e, themightyoil, me, you and more...)

Old
10-30-2012, 05:03 PM
Obryantj

Quote:
Why oh WHY did I have to advertise it to the whole world!?! I have tracking bids on all of them and was hoping to land one or two. I have a feeling there'll be some serious bidding wars between people who know eachother... (saint2e, themightyoil, me, you and more...)
Don't blame yourself. I started scouting his players when I read charredmonkey's post (from 10/6) here:

http://ppm.powerplaymanager.com/en/f...topic-7716-150

Besides I'll only have about 150M by the time the auctions expire, so I may not be able to land any of us NT players (I have all of them scouted btw).

Old
10-30-2012, 05:15 PM
tujague

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obryantj View Post
I could definitely use some help from you to catch the Coronas. I'm not liking my chances against the High Headerz though, he's saved a lot of energy in order to finish outside of the top 2.
I don't know what he's thinking. There's no reason to finish a season in I.1 with more than 80 energy.

For those not paying attention. I did my job and tied the mighty Coronas. Obryantj let me down vs the High Headerz. He could have been two points back and playing the Coronas for the title in the final game. I might have paid a credit to watch that one

I have those Canadian NT players scouted as well if anyone is interested

Old
10-30-2012, 05:38 PM
canucks357

Quote:
I might have paid a credit to watch that one
You can watch any games free with Pro Pack. They've changed it. Now non-Pros get home & away while Pros get all games.

Old
10-31-2012, 08:31 AM
tujague

I finally ran my finances a few days ago. I posted this in II.1, but it's been updated. Not super detailed, but a bit more than Obryantj's. This is not including the player/staff sales/purchases or new construction costs. Bad news first.

Expenses:
P.Salaries = 40M
S.Salaries = 50M
Facilities Maintenance = 50M
Arena Maintenance = 70M???? No. I think this will be 101M!!!
Total = 210M Oh crap. It's 241M!

I rounded up to the nearest 10M for each of these.
Player salaries should go down dramatically as I sell the rest of the old guys this season.
Staff salaries should remain relatively the same. Maybe a slight increase. I don't train many of my staff past what I can afford.
Arena might go higher. I guess I should check that...Holy **** balls. Maxed Triples are a lot more expensive than I thought.

Revenues:
Ticket Sales = 80M
Souvenir = 10M
Skyboxes = 20M
General = 112M (@7m p/w) 96M (6M) 80M (5M)
Media = 96M (6M) 80M (5M) 64M (4M)

Total= 318M best case & 254M worst case

Lots of hypotheticals involved here, but I tried to underestimate. I'm making 4M per week from the Media deal this season. It should go up after adding 5,000 seats, right?
Ticket Sales are based on what I'll make this season. Should go up quite a bit after nearly doubling capacity, right? Especially after I start winning some games.

Even with the adjusted Arena costs, I'll still be making a few pennies each week. I'll need to make a killing on player sales to remain constructive.

EDIT: When do soccer bonuses get paid out? I want to list Branislav Sember at the right time.

Last edited by tujague: 10-31-2012 at 08:40 AM.
Old
10-31-2012, 10:26 AM
canucks357

Quote:
Lots of hypotheticals involved here, but I tried to underestimate. I'm making 4M per week from the Media deal this season. It should go up after adding 5,000 seats, right?

[...]

EDIT: When do soccer bonuses get paid out? I want to list Branislav Sember at the right time.
Ya it'll go up. It goes up slowly at first but then skyrockets. It's well worth every penny in the long run. Also build your maintenance up as you go along. It cuts my dailies down by a factor of two already.

As far as soccer bonuses go, sometime Sunday night so I'd post for Monday if you want to get in right away or wait until Wed for sponsors + bonuses. That reminds me, time to toss up a bunch of my footy guys. I bought 10-15 a few seasons ago and they were all low OR and high Q guys. Most dropped to 5/6 at 16 making their sale date when they are 19. Urgh. I have the worst luck with C/L drops from market purchases.

Old
10-31-2012, 10:29 PM
canucks357

I posted 5 youngsters and one mid-aged player on the market. All are good players. The mid-aged is high-Q 20 yo Universal SM with some serious shot training. The others are the guys who are 6/6 that I bought to train and sell that didn't drop to 5/6 at 16. All are high Q and around 500 OR or lower. Check them out if you want. All prices starting at 10k. Need to trim down the 13 extra players I'm carrying.

Old
11-01-2012, 08:46 AM
tujague

Quote:
Ya it'll go up. It goes up slowly at first but then skyrockets. It's well worth every penny in the long run. Also build your maintenance up as you go along. It cuts my dailies down by a factor of two already.
I'm pretty much banking the future of the Atomics on this fact I think I need a 6M Media deal to be comfortable. Over 100M from tickets wouldn't hurt either

I have started building the MtC. I had no idea it was only a level 8 until a couple of weeks ago. Level 9 is under constrcstion and level 10 will be started as soon as I can afford it after maxing out 2-3 mini Triples at the start of next season.

Quote:
As far as soccer bonuses go, sometime Sunday night so I'd post for Monday if you want to get in right away or wait until Wed for sponsors + bonuses. That reminds me, time to toss up a bunch of my footy guys. I bought 10-15 a few seasons ago and they were all low OR and high Q guys. Most dropped to 5/6 at 16 making their sale date when they are 19. Urgh. I have the worst luck with C/L drops from market purchases.
I'm in the same boat with a bunch of those pulls I had last season. I should have sold them, but now they're on the team for 3 more seasons. I might make more money in the long run, but I wish I had sold some of them last season. It's just too many players.

Old
11-01-2012, 08:53 AM
canucks357

Quote:
I might make more money in the long run, but I wish I had sold some of them last season. It's just too many players.
Agreed, but really how much more will we make? I mean they'll fetch under 10M as is lets say. In 3 years they'd fetch what maybe 20? They'll get paid around 4M in salaries over those 3 seasons if not more. On top of that they'll contribute to the excess player fees *and* will zap money from the team _now_ when money will be tightest and growth most important.

I'm torn...

Edit: I also just tossed up my two most experienced D (both L) in hockey. They're perfect for younger clubs looking for good players cheap. They've both signed RFA contracts so their salary is locked for awhile. EXP is clutch in playoffs too as I've found time and time again. If you know any n00bish managers looking for some guys to shore up their back-end Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Dumb* are just what they need!

*Tweedle-Dumb is one of my last remaining originals.

Last edited by canucks357: 11-01-2012 at 09:24 AM.
Old
11-01-2012, 03:20 PM
Emerald76

Soccer League Title done and dusted in Ireland 1.I tonight...

Despite NOT losing a single game since round 14 of the season I've finished 2nd.

Closed Thread