HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

The Bluth Company (360) GM League Discussion/Signup Thread PT 3: NEED RESERVES

Old
11-01-2012, 02:31 PM
SUBdrewgANS
born into trouble

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SUBdrewgANS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRMatt View Post
It was announced publicly and confirmed by PIT GM. I'll be honest, I told him he could post it in the trade thread. But I've yet to confirm it in-game or in any threads relating to the Bluth Company.

From what I know, both GM's have to reply to the deal and confirm it on the boards, which hasn't gotten my official seal of confirmation.
Yeah then technically it is still pending, but TBH I would be pissed if I was in talks with someone and they said I could post it.. to me that would be a confirmation between us and at that point it's a gentleman's agreement that both will confirm it in the thread.. but yeah according to the rules the trade was not confirmed.

Both GMs are doing kind of sketch things like I said.. I dont like that Pitt is trying to flip Brown.. but thats not really my place or call..

SUBdrewgANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 02:33 PM
matt1396

Quote:
Originally Posted by Price 89 View Post
I AGREE 100%

I traded for Weber and I can promise you i wont be trading him ANY time soon (next two years)! If you trade a player you shouldn't flip them right away..its honestly nonsense from my point of view!

Anyways to each their own!
I asked fuss about that and he said it was fine, I wasn't shopping Brown but the rangers GM told me that he wanted either Eriksson or Brown and I didn't want to ship out Eriksson so I said Brown.

matt1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 02:33 PM
HabsIslesFan

I can see the Rangers having a hard time finding a trade partner anytime in the future

HabsIslesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 02:34 PM
NYRMatt

vCash: 1275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Price 89 View Post
I AGREE 100%

I traded for Weber and I can promise you i wont be trading him ANY time soon (next two years)! If you trade a player you shouldn't flip them right away..its honestly nonsense from my point of view!

Anyways to each their own!
To add to that, recently acquired Kyle Brodziak was involved in the Nash/Brown deal and I just acquired him in my offseason trade with the Minnesota Wild. But of course, this rule doesn't exist yet and who knows if it will be in the future.

I'd personally consider this a pending deal, but I guess we will wait this one out.

Of course, something like this should not ever happen again, especially on my end.

Last edited by NYRMatt: 11-01-2012 at 02:42 PM.
NYRMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 02:35 PM
matt1396

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRMatt View Post
To add to that, recently acquired Kyle Brodziak was involved in the Nash/Brown deal and I just acquired him in my offseason trade with the Minnesota Wild. But of course, this rule doesn't exist yet and who knows if it will be in the future.
if your supporting him that is really low because your the one who added him to the deal, I didn't even know he was on your team.

Old
11-01-2012, 02:38 PM
Stockey
Let's Go Buffalo!

cant wait for vs in the playoffs

if they make it

Stockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 02:38 PM
dunner

Most heat between Gm's since the Lindros Deal.

dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 02:40 PM
Gary83*

I would be hipchecking the crap out of Nash.

If I can't have him nobody can!!!!!

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 02:45 PM
matt1396

the commissioner would get off of HF when we need him the most...

Old
11-01-2012, 02:48 PM
Price 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1396 View Post
don't sweat it, ***** happens! you still have Crosby, I'd take him on my team any day!

Price 89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 02:49 PM
Stockey
Let's Go Buffalo!

Quote:
why do we need him? this problem is already settled

Old
11-01-2012, 02:49 PM
HaroldDruken

vCash: 769
... well somebody's GM rep just went down.

HaroldDruken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 02:50 PM
matt1396

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockey View Post
why do we need him? this problem is already settled
not in my eyes, Fuss posted the trade as approved in the OP but maybe that was laziness on his part. If it is settled then I guess i'm going to be really pissed off because this is the 2nd time I've thought I had a player but I didn't end up getting him because something came up.

Last edited by matt1396: 11-01-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Old
11-01-2012, 02:56 PM
SUBdrewgANS
born into trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaroldDruken View Post
... well somebody's GM rep just went down.
One less cellphone to make deals with

Old
11-01-2012, 03:00 PM
SUBdrewgANS
born into trouble

Quote:
not in my eyes, he posted the trade as approved in the OP but maybe that was laziness on his part. If it is settled then I guess i'm going to be really pissed off because this is the 2nd time I've thought I had a player but I didn't end up getting him because something came up.
I'm not defending his actions, so please dont get me wrong.. but can you please point out where he confirmed the trade PUBLICLY in the thread? As far as I can see it wasn't confirmed by him publicly..

So in essence this is "We both agree to the deal" but NYR-GM didn't sign the final "trade papers" (confirming to the commissioner or confirming in the thread)

So really if NYR doesnt do this, there is no argument other than feeling cheated and wronged.. which in my opinion you were wronged, but the fact remains that it was NOT CONFIRMED.

Old
11-01-2012, 03:01 PM
matt1396

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBdrewgANS View Post
I'm not defending his actions, so please dont get me wrong.. but can you please point out where he confirmed the trade PUBLICLY in the thread? As far as I can see it wasn't confirmed by him publicly..

So in essence this is "We both agree to the deal" but NYR-GM didn't sign the final papers (Confirming to the commissioner or confirming in the thread) and submitted them to the Commissioner..

So really if NYR doesnt do this, there is no argument other than feeling cheated and wronged.. which in my opinion you were wronged, but the fact remains that it was NOT CONFIRMED.
Oh no, i'm not saying he confirmed it, i'm saying Fuss approved it in the OP sorry I didn't clarify that

Old
11-01-2012, 03:02 PM
Stockey
Let's Go Buffalo!

Quote:
Oh no, i'm not saying he confirmed it, i'm saying Fuss approved it in the OP
well the commish ****ed up then

Old
11-01-2012, 03:05 PM
matt1396

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockey View Post
well the commish ****ed up then
well if he did then I guess i'm screwed, but there has to be some sort of consequence to this, and if it becomes you guys not trusting the NYR's GM i'm fine with that.

Old
11-01-2012, 03:12 PM
Price 89

Price 89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 03:23 PM
avsfan89

Who cares, we all miss out on potential deals we could have had, Gm's back out in deals ALL the time either here or real life. As long as its not backing out of a confirmation its more so just tough luck.

I'm sure Brian Burke could have a field day talking about 'what could have been trades'

avsfan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 03:38 PM
xX Hot Fuss

For Starters:

Quote:
not in my eyes, Fuss posted the trade as approved in the OP but maybe that was laziness on his part. If it is settled then I guess i'm going to be really pissed off because this is the 2nd time I've thought I had a player but I didn't end up getting him because something came up.
With the ammount of time i have put, and will continue to put into this league, i'd appreciate it if you stop accusing me of being lazy right here and now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girafe View Post
Why is everybody so opinionated in this league?
I appreciate the feedback from all of the GMs in this league. Its never the deciding factor in any decision i have to make but it always factors into my decision making.

To the Point:

I've deleted the PM converseration i had with the GM when this happened the first time. But i do absolutely remember me telling him that unless a trade is Confirmed by BOTH GMs either in a PM to me or publically on the trade thread, it is not yet valid.

The trade was posted a few days ago in the trade thread because i was writing up and accepting multiple deals both on HF Boards and on NHL 13 and wanted to be sure i had the details down.. I've already lost track of 1 or 2 trades and havn't yet written them in the Confirmed Trades Post. The trade was prematurely recorded there for organizational purposes..which was my mistake. From this point on i'll only be putting trades there once they have been publically confirmed on HF Boards.

As far as the go, while he did weasel his way out of trade (which is a scummy thing to do), he did not publically confirm it which (as you know Matt) is the major prerequisite for my approval of a trade. Had he publically confirmed it, and then backed out, he'd either have to accept the trade or be removed from the league.

Trade is voided. Apologies on my end for whatever confusion my posting of the trade had. It wont happen again.

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 03:46 PM
matt1396

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
For Starters:

With the ammount of time i have put, and will continue to put into this league, i'd appreciate it if you stop accusing me of being lazy right here and now.

I appreciate the feedback from all of the GMs in this league. Its never the deciding factor in any decision i have to make but it always factors into my decision making.

To the Point:

I've deleted the PM converseration i had with the GM when this happened the first time. But i do absolutely remember me telling him that unless a trade is Confirmed by BOTH GMs either in a PM to me or publically on the trade thread, it is not yet valid.

The trade was posted a few days ago in the trade thread because i was writing up and accepting multiple deals both on HF Boards and on NHL 13 and wanted to be sure i had the details down.. I've already lost track of 1 or 2 trades and havn't yet written them in the Confirmed Trades Post. The trade was prematurely recorded there for organizational purposes..which was my mistake. From this point on i'll only be putting trades there once they have been publically confirmed on HF Boards.

As far as the go, while he did weasel his way out of trade (which is a scummy thing to do), he did not publically confirm it which (as you know Matt) is the major prerequisite for my approval of a trade. Had he publically confirmed it, and then backed out, he'd either have to accept the trade or be removed from the league.

Trade is voided. Apologies on my end for whatever confusion my posting of the trade had. It wont happen again.
I'm not calling you lazy by any means I guess it was just a poor choice of words on my part. I guess in disappointed in the verdict but oh well. I have my regular season trade back right?

Old
11-01-2012, 03:51 PM
matt1396

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan89 View Post
Who cares, we all miss out on potential deals we could have had, Gm's back out in deals ALL the time either here or real life. As long as its not backing out of a confirmation its more so just tough luck.

I'm sure Brian Burke could have a field day talking about 'what could have been trades'
Honestly man just wait until it happens to you then you'll see how I feel right now.

Old
11-01-2012, 03:53 PM
avsfan89

Quote:
Honestly man just wait until it happens to you then you'll see how I feel right now.
I miss out on deals all the time, the Eberle snub hurt me only to see the Phx Gm leave the league (I think) after receiving him. I move on and re-focus my roster and options. Let it go man lol

avsfan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 03:57 PM
TheFadedLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan89 View Post
I miss out on deals all the time, the Eberle snub hurt me only to see the Phx Gm leave the league (I think) after receiving him. I move on and re-focus my roster and options. Let it go man lol
ya same

TheFadedLine is offline   Reply With Quote