HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Buffalo Bills: Regular Season (4-7)

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2012, 02:00 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSchoolMaster View Post
Not touching him with a 40ft pole. We don't need another subpar stopgap. Maybe we get lucky and can trade up for Barkley. Or maybe someone falls to us.
If Gailey keeps his job? No.

Old
10-31-2012, 12:09 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

MARIO GOODIES FOR YOU:

http://wgr550.com/Research-Shows-Age...-s-St/14649828

http://wgr550.com/Ware-on-Mario--He-...pears/14656507

Old
10-31-2012, 12:13 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Interesting

http://wgr550.com/Russ-Brandon--Leas...inent/14664931

A new stadium would be best. The sight lines are ok(minus the crap on the field that is the team) A new stadium might help them get a good top free agent(cue the Mario Williams signing) It would be nice for them to close it on snowy and raining days.

Old
10-31-2012, 02:10 PM
johnjm22

Now Mario is saying that he never wanted to leave Houston in the first place. What a dumb thing to say when you're already on thin ice with the local Buffalo media.

Big name UFA's rarely live up the hype (in any sport). It was naive for so many of us to be excited about getting Mario.

Old
10-31-2012, 02:31 PM
whiplash

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Now Mario is saying that he never wanted to leave Houston in the first place. What a dumb thing to say when you're already on thin ice with the local Buffalo media.

Big name UFA's rarely live up the hype (in any sport). It was naive for so many of us to be excited about getting Mario.
If you read the story, there's nothing wrong with what he said.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/85...ns-forced-hand

I'm hoping if he's healthy and he has that little extra motivation against Houston (say what you want about "pro athletes are supposed to be motivated all the time," it still applies) he winds up with a breakout game. A guy can dream

Old
10-31-2012, 04:32 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiplash View Post
If you read the story, there's nothing wrong with what he said.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/85...ns-forced-hand

I'm hoping if he's healthy and he has that little extra motivation against Houston (say what you want about "pro athletes are supposed to be motivated all the time," it still applies) he winds up with a breakout game. A guy can dream
I don't think there's anything wrong with what he said. I just think it's a stupid thing to say from a PR perspective. The media is just looking for another reason to pounce on him. I mean if they're going to make such a big deal out of his refrigerator, then they'll probably blow this up too.

Old
10-31-2012, 06:14 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

I have a hard time believing they didn't want him back, maybe just not on his terms. I guess it's totally possible. I'm not angry by it because I never thought he was all that great. The only reason he has hype is because hes a #1 pick.

Old
10-31-2012, 07:38 PM
dma0034

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post
I have a hard time believing they didn't want him back, maybe just not on his terms. I guess it's totally possible. I'm not angry by it because I never thought he was all that great. The only reason he has hype is because hes a #1 pick.
They have Salary Cap issues. Signing Williams would of meant letting go of other players (which they didn't want to do)

Old
11-01-2012, 12:52 AM
VaporTrail
GOODBYE D'arse !!!

vCash: 200
Quote:
Interesting

http://wgr550.com/Russ-Brandon--Leas...inent/14664931

A new stadium would be best. The sight lines are ok(minus the crap on the field that is the team) A new stadium might help them get a good top free agent(cue the Mario Williams signing) It would be nice for them to close it on snowy and raining days.
This is the exact reason I don't want a new stadium....The last thing I want our team to do is to "shut the roof" on our home field advantage....We live in Buffalo !!!! Why would you want a warm weather team to feel comfy in the middle of December or January???

NO NO NO TO A NEW RETRACTABLE STADIUM ! JUST SAY NO !!!

Old
11-01-2012, 10:36 AM
thahamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporTrail View Post
This is the exact reason I don't want a new stadium....The last thing I want our team to do is to "shut the roof" on our home field advantage....We live in Buffalo !!!! Why would you want a warm weather team to feel comfy in the middle of December or January???

A retractable stadium would make it usable by other sports, means we could get a SB, also, fans might start to actually go out to games in December.

Old
11-01-2012, 10:39 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thahamer View Post
A retractable stadium would make it usable by other sports, means we could get a SB, also, fans might start to actually go out to games in December.
A quality, winning product would get fans to go to games in December.

11-01-2012, 01:19 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
A quality, winning product would get fans to go to games in December.
Well yeah, but that definitely wouldn't include me.

If only we could have both!

Old
11-01-2012, 01:28 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

The people who call/text WGR and accuse them of being pessimistic because they say the Bills don't have a chance this sunday are the worst kind of sports fans.

It's weird too, because they only seem to come from the Bills.

Old
11-01-2012, 02:04 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
The people who call/text WGR and accuse them of being pessimistic because they say the Bills don't have a chance this sunday are the worst kind of sports fans.

It's weird too, because they only seem to come from the Bills.
Agreed, but their chances are minimal. Only hope is Mario knows a hole or 2 to exploit within that offense.

Old
11-01-2012, 02:06 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by thahamer View Post
If it's built by Jerry's world's people then wouldn't it be useable for Basketball?(Didn't they have an NCAA or NBA Preseason game there once?)

With the SB now coming to stupid NJ(don't ask me why) with a retractable roof it's very possible.

Old
11-01-2012, 02:10 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Today's JOKE of the Day:

http://sports.photos.usatoday.com/ga.../0dFI7mGehx3rT

Quote:
Buffalo Bills (C)

This team has the worst identity crisis in the NFL. Every time they look ready to compete, they sputter. And then, out of nowhere, they pop back up again unexpectedly.

How they can get better: Ride C.J. Spiller and Fred Jackson. Coach Chan Gailey said he wants to get them a combined 35 to 40 touches per game. Good idea.

Prediction: Watch out for these guys. They could easily jump up and grab that final wild-card spot. In fact, we think they will.
Would like to see them get 50 touches.

Old
11-01-2012, 02:18 PM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

Quote:
Today's JOKE of the Day:

http://sports.photos.usatoday.com/ga.../0dFI7mGehx3rT

Would like to see them get 50 touches.
I don't get the joke. Everything he wrote is pretty accurate other than the playoff thing, and from an outsiders perspective maybe they do think we have a shot. Hell, technically we're only one game away from being tied for the division lead.

Old
11-01-2012, 03:42 PM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

Quote:

How is snow a home field advantage when the Bills can't play in it either?

Old
11-01-2012, 03:52 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:

Most football players (yes ours) come from the south and roster turnover is very high. Most our of players have more permanent homes in warm weather climates (see Fitz, Arizona). The team practices in the heated indoor Field House during the winter.

There is no weather advantage anymore, it's a myth.

Old
11-01-2012, 03:54 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSchoolMaster View Post
I don't get the joke. Everything he wrote is pretty accurate other than the playoff thing, and from an outsiders perspective maybe they do think we have a shot. Hell, technically we're only one game away from being tied for the division lead.
The joke was rising up and making the playoffs. I just don't see where any positivity lies. They can rn the ball, thats about it. But that defense looks worse by the game. The only game they showed up was Arizona and thats only because the whole league feasts on said oline.

Old
11-01-2012, 03:54 PM
Layne Staley

Quote:

What home field advantage?When was the last time the Bills had a winning record in Nov and Dec?

THERE IS NO HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE.OUR PLAYERS ARE SOFT WHIMPS AFRAID OF SNOW AND COLD AND MOST ARE FROM THE SOUTH.Get a dome and let's move Buffalo into the modern era instead of the 60's.

Old
11-01-2012, 06:12 PM
is the answer jesus

Talib traded to the Pats along with a 7th rounder for a 4th round pick. Wouldn't have been upset if the bills had made that move

Old
11-01-2012, 06:25 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by is the answer jesus View Post
Talib traded to the Pats along with a 7th rounder for a 4th round pick. Wouldn't have been upset if the bills had made that move
Bills probably feel that Ron Brooks will be back off the designated-to-return IR soon, so they will bolster the CB ranks that way. Should also help with special teams coverage too.

Old
11-01-2012, 06:45 PM
is the answer jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
Bills probably feel that Ron Brooks will be back off the designated-to-return IR soon, so they will bolster the CB ranks that way. Should also help with special teams coverage too.
Yeah Brooks will be a welcome addition to our DB's, but he's really just a depth player. Getting Talib would give us 2 good corners in Gilmore and Talib and more importantly would get Williams and Mckelvin off the field more often. Not saying those guys have been the biggest problem with our defense, but they could certainly use an upgrade at the 2nd CB position.

Old
11-02-2012, 12:11 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post

What home field advantage?When was the last time the Bills had a winning record in Nov and Dec?

THERE IS NO HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE.OUR PLAYERS ARE SOFT WHIMPS AFRAID OF SNOW AND COLD AND MOST ARE FROM THE SOUTH.Get a dome and let's move Buffalo into the modern era instead of the 60's.
2004. Andrew Bledsoe lost to the Steelers 3rd string!

Closed Thread