HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Hurricanes' GM: Habs were the toughest test

Closed Thread

Old
05-17-2006, 12:21 AM
LesHabsRock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck
Thornton is a center, not a wing. In 2004 he played injured against the Habs. The Habs didn't have any important injuries then. The 2006 Hurricanes would have demolished the 2004 Bruins, and the demolition would have taken only 4 or 5 games to complete because Raycroft isn't capable of playing the way Ward did against the Habs.
My mistake about him being a center. You're right. He is a forward, nonetheless. Yes, Thornton was injured in 2004, but not in 2002 .

Old
05-17-2006, 01:42 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Thornton is a center, not a wing. In 2004 he played injured against the Habs. The Habs didn't have any important injuries then. The 2006 Hurricanes would have demolished the 2004 Bruins, and the demolition would have taken only 4 or 5 games to complete because Raycroft isn't capable of playing the way Ward did against the Habs.
Koivu had more severe injuries than Thornton did on 04.

Old
05-17-2006, 10:24 AM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand
Koivu had more severe injuries than Thornton did on 04.
Maybe, but Koivu's injuries apparently didn't hamper him as much during the Bruins series. We could see that Thornton was visibly struggling. Koivu's injuries didn't become a real problem until the Tampa Bay series.

EDIT: On rereading your post I see you were referring to Koivu's eye injury, not his 2004 rib injury.

Old
05-17-2006, 11:52 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

I remember tortorella praising the habs while the lightning swept them last season.

But sometimes you can tell the difference between a guy just saying the right things about their opponent and when a guy actually means it.

I got the sense that torts was just going through the motions and saying the right things. But I think Rutherford's feeling are real.

If nothing else, the habs got the respect of Rutherford

Old
05-17-2006, 03:22 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Maybe, but Koivu's injuries apparently didn't hamper him as much during the Bruins series. We could see that Thornton was visibly struggling. Koivu's injuries didn't become a real problem until the Tampa Bay series.

EDIT: On rereading your post I see you were referring to Koivu's eye injury, not his 2004 rib injury.
no, I was refering to his severe rib injuries that kept him out of practice and on ice every minute between games. Even after a spear from Thornton to the ribs he kept playing. Thornton just disapeared. he had a booboo and started floating. Koivu had torn cartiledge and just used it to motivate him further. That's the difference between the two. Thornton gets an injury and it just takes him out mentally, where as it makes Koivu try even harder.

Old
05-17-2006, 03:30 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand
no, I was refering to his severe rib injuries that kept him out of practice and on ice every minute between games. Even after a spear from Thornton to the ribs he kept playing. Thornton just disapeared. he had a booboo and started floating. Koivu had torn cartiledge and just used it to motivate him further. That's the difference between the two. Thornton gets an injury and it just takes him out mentally, where as it makes Koivu try even harder.
Thornton also had a rib injury.

Old
05-17-2006, 03:32 PM
tritone

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcooke
I think I would have prefered that he say we were horrible and didn't deserve to win the first two games....fuel the fire for next year

Closed Thread