HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Edmonton Eskimos (IV): playoffs @ Toronto next week; Tillman fired

Closed Thread

Old
11-01-2012, 11:00 PM
OilerTyler
Fire Lowe

vCash: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
We arent very good either.
Toronto can at least beat Hamilton though

Old
11-01-2012, 11:09 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
So Rainy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerTyler View Post
Toronto can at least beat Hamilton though
Hamilton's defense was just gawd awful tonight, I just couldn't believe how bad.

a 2nd, 3rd and 4th string QB put up 43 points against it.

Old
11-01-2012, 11:13 PM
OilerTyler
Fire Lowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
Hamilton's defense was just gawd awful tonight, I just couldn't believe how bad.

a 2nd, 3rd and 4th string QB put up 43 points against it.
To be fair, 14 of those points against were the fault of Burris. The defence wasn't even on the field for 7 of them.

Old
11-01-2012, 11:18 PM
Doppler Drift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
I'm sure that he's happy about leading the league in TD passes by a healthy margin.
I'm sure he's thrilled, he had a good year statistically (besides wins). How many playoff dates did that buy him?

Old
11-01-2012, 11:47 PM
Six in O6

At least no matter what the better team, the Esks will be in. Where the final standings fall is yet to be determined. If Edmonton can pull off a miracle win tomorrow against Calgary, I honestly don't see Saskachewan beating BC in BC.

Old
11-02-2012, 12:05 AM
shai04

Nightmarish result for Esks fans.

Without missing the playoffs, we will be stuck with Tillman and his trading all-star quarterbacks and first round picks for kickers.

I was praying for a Hamilton win and an Esks loss. This franchise needs to stop the cycle of backing into the playoffs. It needs an overhaul, not more of the same. When was the last time we finished first?

Old
11-02-2012, 12:10 AM
OilerTyler
Fire Lowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shai04 View Post

Without missing the playoffs, we will be stuck with Tillman and his trading all-star quarterbacks and first round picks for kickers.

I was praying for a Hamilton win and an Esks loss. This franchise needs to stop the cycle of backing into the playoffs. It needs an overhaul, not more of the same. When was the last time we finished first?
We tied for first last season

Old
11-02-2012, 12:11 AM
Kyle McMahon

This game pretty much sums up Henry Burris' career in a microcosm. Exactly why I would never want any part of him as a starting QB on the Eskimos. There's a reason he has the same number of Grey Cup appearances as Kerry Joseph, Buck Pierce, and Marcus Crandell.

Old
11-02-2012, 12:16 AM
Kyle McMahon

Quote:

Regardless of the outcome of the season, Tillman was not/is not getting fired. Danny Maciocia missed the playoffs almost every year and guided the franchise to depths not seen in decades, and was finally reluctantly fired after 6 years of utter disgrace. Do people seriously think his successor would get axed after one bad year? We would have had to go 3-15 for Tillman's job to be in serious jeopardy I would think.

Old
11-02-2012, 12:36 AM
shai04

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerTyler View Post
We tied for first last season
First means clearly first. Not tied. It's a tiny league. Heck, making the playoffs is almost a given in this league.

Old
11-02-2012, 12:36 AM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

It'll be interesting to see what happens this week with the Riders and Esks now.

Do both teams try to tank it and make the crossover? Will the Esks start any starters tomorrow?

Sig AND X-mas avatar courtesy of The Nemesis

"Pull yourself together!" - Solid Snake to Otacon, multiple times in the series
Old
11-02-2012, 12:37 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
First means clearly first. Not tied. It's a tiny league. Heck, making the playoffs is almost a given in this league.
Agreed. The Eskimos need to get back to where the Lions are right now. Perennial contenders and the class of the league. It's been too damn long.

Old
11-02-2012, 12:40 AM
Tedi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Agreed. The Eskimos need to get back to where the Lions are right now. Perennial contenders and the class of the league. It's been too damn long.
DM put us in the hole that they are slowly trying to crawl out of.

Old
11-02-2012, 12:51 AM
MoneyGuy

Am I the only one who wanted Hamilton to win to force us to win our way in? I don't want to get in by the back door. If we can't win tomorrow, we don't deserve to be in the show. Hrrrrumpfff.

Old
11-02-2012, 01:00 AM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Nichols should start tomorrow, and we should put some of our other young prospects in to see how they look.

Old
11-02-2012, 01:25 AM
#ualberta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Am I the only one who wanted Hamilton to win to force us to win our way in? I don't want to get in by the back door. If we can't win tomorrow, we don't deserve to be in the show. Hrrrrumpfff.
We deserved it more then hamilton thats why were in and they are not we won more games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned View Post
Nichols should start tomorrow, and we should put some of our other young prospects in to see how they look.
Yes i agree especially with Joseph kinda (or maybe really) injured, if they want to start joseph in the playoffs the logical thing is to rest the old man tomorrow, also we should go with boyd let messam heal and idk how charles is doing but if he needs the extra week we can definetly do that Playing toronto is better in the playoffs then playing calgary so we should lose tomorrow

Old
11-02-2012, 01:32 AM
RipsADrive
Draft Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
We arent very good either.
As bad as the Eskimos are, Hamilton is worse.

I'm not sure if you watched that game but the Argos left it on a platter for them.

Old
11-02-2012, 01:39 AM
MoneyGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 402 View Post
We deserved it more then hamilton thats why were in and they are not we won more games
So we're the ugly girl who takes delight knowing that we're not the ugliest girl in the class. Good for us.

Old
11-02-2012, 01:40 AM
RipsADrive
Draft Dynasty

Quote:
So we're the ugly girl who takes delight knowing that we're not the ugliest girl in the class. Good for us.
I'd rather be in the playoffs than not. Obviously you'd rather be the division champs but you take what you can get.

Old
11-02-2012, 02:02 AM
#ualberta

Quote:
No we don't take delight its not the best situation but you say we don't deserve to be in the playoffs fact is we are not as ugly as hamliton that is why we made the playoffs and they didn't

Old
11-02-2012, 02:07 AM
flashy
Fire Tambellini.

Why would anybody be pissed. This is like the ultimate showdown now, we should of all known it would come down to this, Tillman versus Ray.

PDO versus Replacement.

Start taking your bets!!

Old
11-02-2012, 07:41 AM
AJGass4

Well I'm humble enough to admit that I am glad we are in even though it was because someone else sucked more than us.

If nothing else, I don't have to listen to everyone say that Calgary punted us. Anything can happen in postseason and especially in this league.

16-2 and we lose the Western Final? Anyone remember that?

Old
11-02-2012, 09:10 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned View Post
Word that Saskatchewan is resting a lot of starters in their last game...

I'd love it if TO won and we did the same against Calgary.

Both teams tanking in their last games to purposely get the crossover. It'd be something.
Word is we are resting our #1 QB

Old
11-02-2012, 09:14 AM
joestevens29

Judging by the comments it's as if Toronto was trying to throw the game, but Hamilton wanted to out do them at that. Is that accurate?

Old
11-02-2012, 09:18 AM
joestevens29

Quote:

I have my doubts that Tillman was going anywhere regardless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle McMahon View Post
This game pretty much sums up Henry Burris' career in a microcosm. Exactly why I would never want any part of him as a starting QB on the Eskimos. There's a reason he has the same number of Grey Cup appearances as Kerry Joseph, Buck Pierce, and Marcus Crandell.
So Joseph, Jyles Burris, who you take?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle McMahon View Post
Regardless of the outcome of the season, Tillman was not/is not getting fired. Danny Maciocia missed the playoffs almost every year and guided the franchise to depths not seen in decades, and was finally reluctantly fired after 6 years of utter disgrace. Do people seriously think his successor would get axed after one bad year? We would have had to go 3-15 for Tillman's job to be in serious jeopardy I would think.
Have to agree, Tillman is still in the early stages of his plan. Regardless of a couple questionable moves I don't think he was going to be tossed.

Quote:
Take the playoffs anyway you can get them.

Closed Thread