HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

HF Jets Lounge | Now with 92.7% Less Football!

Closed Thread

Old
10-31-2012, 08:29 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetNation View Post
Dude the University of Alabama is probably going to have there entire team in the NFL I would love to see the Bombers play them in NCAA rules. Doubt it would be a close game Bama would roll them
Believe whatever you want. CFL teams are made up of college all-stars, almost every player in CFL is an ex-All American.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
I'll never understand the denigration of the CFL by NFL fans (both Canadian and American). Does the CFL pose such a threat to your existence as an NFL fan? Yes it's an inferior league in terms of talent, no ****ing kidding. Now let us enjoy our inferior league in peace.

For the record, I follow the NFL more closely than the CFL.
Exactly. I like both NFL and CFL, but it seems the NFL "hardliners" constantly have to attack CFL like it's some huge threat to them, I have no idea why If the league sucks as much as you claim why in the hell do you need to go out of your way to attack it at every corner?

Yes the talent is less, to say it's 100x is ridiculous. It's like saying KHL is 100x less talented than NHL. It's a GROSS exaggeration, especially when you consider that they are targetting COMPLETELY different players. There are STARS in the NFL that would not last in a CFL camp (ie top end NFL interior linemen), simply due to the rules adjustment. Just as many CFL players never even got a hint of NFL interest despite dominating college careers, since they are too small.

Old
10-31-2012, 09:06 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Glass Half Full

vCash: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
So I set up a dual boot to try out Windows 8. I'm usually not one for the stuff with pretty apps and all that but I kinda like it.
I quite like it myself - been using it since the Developer preview came out last year. Big change on MS's part. I now hate going back to Win 7.

On laptops and desktops, it's cool - on a tablet, it's killer.

Old
10-31-2012, 10:16 PM
Jetsfan204*

Just finished watching "The new boss" for like the 400th time, then I founnd this related video on teemu-mania. Ahh the memories...

Old
10-31-2012, 10:37 PM
ps241
2.6% chance

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetsfan204 View Post
Just finished watching "The new boss" for like the 400th time, then I founnd this related video on teemu-mania. Ahh the memories...
Thank you I have never seen this video. Wouldn't you know this was the year before I moved to Winnipeg.

Old
10-31-2012, 10:48 PM
Potrzebie

vCash: 112
Quote:
So I set up a dual boot to try out Windows 8. I'm usually not one for the stuff with pretty apps and all that but I kinda like it.
I'm not crazy about it so far. It takes some getting used to. I feel like I'm using a giant smartphone - but I think that's what they were aiming for.

Just wait till the desktop disappears completely in Windows 9.

Old
11-01-2012, 01:32 PM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

vCash: 131
Very much enjoying my time back home this week. I've rekindled my love for socials! Not too keen on leaving back for Alberta Saturday

PS, I don't give two ****ing flying ass rat ***** about that over-glorified league American's call the NFL. Very much happy with my Canadian league thank you very much

Old
11-01-2012, 01:41 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetsfan204 View Post
Awesome video.

Something that stuck out to me. At around 6:09, as the woman was sorting the mail she said "Selanne, Selanne, Barnes, Selanne, Essensa, Bautin, Selanne..."

Wait a sec. Bautin?? Who the heck was writing in for Bautin? If Sergi Bautin started his own fan club, even his mother wouldn't join.

Old
11-01-2012, 02:46 PM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

I admit I love the NFL. I wish they'd stop the clock at every play inside 2 minutes though. The only thing I dislike is the clock-management aspect.

Old
11-01-2012, 02:56 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

I dislike the CFL because it takes up so much time on Sportscentre and they even lead with those games over NFL games on Sunday editions.

On a lighter note, Halo 4 is out on Tuesday and it scored a 9.8 on IGN. After having watched the review I can safely say I'm excited for Halo again. I just this week purchased Assassin's Creed 3 and Fifa 13, I also have to find time to play NHL 13.

I'm a personal trainer so it's going to be hard splitting the time between my clients and video games I have to play.

Old
11-01-2012, 03:50 PM
Shakey Rustie
1L

vCash: 1077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
I dislike the CFL because it takes up so much time on Sportscentre and they even lead with those games over NFL games on Sunday editions.

On a lighter note, Halo 4 is out on Tuesday and it scored a 9.8 on IGN. After having watched the review I can safely say I'm excited for Halo again. I just this week purchased Assassin's Creed 3 and Fifa 13, I also have to find time to play NHL 13.

I'm a personal trainer so it's going to be hard splitting the time between my clients and video games I have to play.
How is the new one? I bought the first one, played it for about a hour or two and the repetition just killed it for me. Ended up selling my 360 shortly after, but with this lockout I find I have some extra time to kill, wondering if its worth getting a system again.

Old
11-01-2012, 03:53 PM
Jet
Confirmed Pav Basher

Quote:
I really liked it at first as well. I'm starting to have some issues with it now, however. At first I couldn't stream video without it lagging intermittently and stopping. I couldn't even load Tumblr videos in Explorer or Chrome.

Things seem to be getting worse. The computer starts 'revving up' and I can't even type off and on... it seems to be cyclical. Something is overworking the processor and I have no idea what it is.

Going to stay patient as I know MS Os's are famous for being released before they are ready so we can all be their little guinea pigs.

11-01-2012, 04:02 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakey Rustie View Post
How is the new one? I bought the first one, played it for about a hour or two and the repetition just killed it for me. Ended up selling my 360 shortly after, but with this lockout I find I have some extra time to kill, wondering if its worth getting a system again.
Yeah the 1st one really took criticisms for being repetitive, but every subsequent edition has been fantastic imo. Much more engaging and interesting and this final edition has been very solid thus far.

Old
11-01-2012, 04:04 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Unreal!

To be fair I loved the series since the beginning, but it has REALLY improved since 1. They learned their lessons about repetitiveness, ESPECIALLY in this one. Almost all missions basically introduce you to one or two new things, then that's it in the main missions. For pretty much everything afterwards there are dozens of side quests that you can do, but by no means have to to play the game if you find it repetitive or dull. The running and jumping are also hugely overhauled from 1, that is what really hurt for me during 1, I always jumped the wrong way, drove me nuts. Still happens from time to time, but now it's mostly my fault Anyways, the game is so huge, so in depth, so customizable, it's great.

I've put in about 15-20 hours in the past two days , but I'm only about 35-45% through I think, of course that's talking doing EVERYTHING I can, haven't done a main mission in quite a while. Main storyline is fantastic though, the game gives you a recap of the story so far, but I suggest reading the wikipedia synopsis' for the games (1, 2, Brotherhood, Revelations) to get a little more of sense of it if your diving in fresh for 3, AC has one of the most in depth and great storylines in gaming, IMO.

Yeah, I'm a fan...

Old
11-01-2012, 04:09 PM
Jet
Confirmed Pav Basher

Quote:
Assassin's Creed aside (not really a fan) you should absolutely get a new system. The Bioshock franchise (Infinite looks unreal and comes out in spring) The Mass Effect franchise (one of the best all time) new Halo just coming out (not a fan but heard its great). Dishonored, the new Hitman, the list goes on and on. There's even a game coming out where you have the ability to hack into anything with a computer brain: cell phones, atm's, cars, etc. etc. You are a for hire killer. Can't remember what it's called but looks unbelievable!

Old
11-01-2012, 04:09 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Or if you're not a fan of reading, IGN put together a very impressive 5 minute catchup for those just diving into AC3.

Old
11-01-2012, 04:25 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Assassin's Creed aside (not really a fan) you should absolutely get a new system. The Bioshock franchise (Infinite looks unreal and comes out in spring) The Mass Effect franchise (one of the best all time) new Halo just coming out (not a fan but heard its great). Dishonored, the new Hitman, the list goes on and on. There's even a game coming out where you have the ability to hack into anything with a computer brain: cell phones, atm's, cars, etc. etc. You are a for hire killer. Can't remember what it's called but looks unbelievable!
I never managed to get into Bioshock for whatever reason...I played the first one for 3-4 hours and just said meh, and kinda never got around to going back to it...then I heard Bioshock 2 sucked by somebody who was a HUGE fan of the first, so I never bothered trying again with the series...

Gotta say I have been watched the Halo: Forward Unto Dawn web series and I am getting pumped for new Halo...I bought a VERY first gen Xbox (the original), back when Microsoft was just trying to break into gaming, when I bought the Xbox there was only 6 games (yeah I had it in the first week)...of course the game I got with the system was Halo. At the time Halo was just spectacular, and I throughly enjoyed 2 and 3, although games like Gears of War, Knights of the Old Republic, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed have far surpassed the Halo series, IMO, it remained a solid game I could turn to with friends and a nostalgia factor that can't be denied. Still a solid series through. I have Halo:ODST, but never could really get into it (other than the fact that half of Firefly's cast are the voice actors )...but now with a true Halo sequel I was intrigued and starting watching these series...super well done web shorts, solid story line, decent effects, overall looked very good, FELT Halo, which is not easy to do. They have down their job on me for sure, I will be picking up Halo 4 no question...check them out on youtube, here's part 1...the final part comes Friday

Old
11-01-2012, 04:41 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Glass Half Full

vCash: 406
Bioshock and Assassins Creed - I loved Bioshock 1, and really didn't like #2, so I agree with whomever gave that assessement. Assassins Creed - I got through a few play sessions, and gave up. Not my cup of tea, as it didn't really feel like I was playing an Assassin. Too much running around in open areas, etc.

From what everyone's saying though, I SHOULD give AC2 and 3 a go?

Very much looking forward to picking up Halo 4 - love that franchise.

Old
11-01-2012, 04:47 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

AC2 and 3 were fun times.

Halo 4 will dominate my 360 for quite awhile it seems.

Halo 4 review:

I've watched it a couple of times just because of how amazing it looks.

Old
11-01-2012, 04:56 PM
Diatidialga

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Bioshock and Assassins Creed - I loved Bioshock 1, and really didn't like #2, so I agree with whomever gave that assessement. Assassins Creed - I got through a few play sessions, and gave up. Not my cup of tea, as it didn't really feel like I was playing an Assassin. Too much running around in open areas, etc.

From what everyone's saying though, I SHOULD give AC2 and 3 a go?

Very much looking forward to picking up Halo 4 - love that franchise.
Get 2 to start with if you care about story

Old
11-01-2012, 05:26 PM
Shakey Rustie
1L

vCash: 1077
I played the first Mass Effect and liked it, but I still would prefer if that company did another Knights of the Old Republic instead.

Old
11-01-2012, 05:32 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
I played the first Mass Effect and liked it, but I still would prefer if that company did another Knights of the Old Republic instead.
They did, but they made it MMORPG

Old
11-01-2012, 08:52 PM
Jet
Confirmed Pav Basher

Update on my Windows 8 problem.

I am running a laptop less than 2 years old and it has Mobile Intel(4) Express Chipset Family graphics card in it. There is no Windows 8 driver for this graphics card on the Intel site, nor does Intel plan on releasing one.

I chatted with M$ support and they said they are working on a bunch of new drivers which they will release over the next while. If you are thinking about getting W8 I would check into critical drivers to make sure your hardware is compatible before upgrading.

Old
11-01-2012, 10:27 PM
Potrzebie

vCash: 112
Quote:
The first Assassin's Creed I thought was pretty good actually. The second one is far better.

Both my daughters loved both 1 and 2. My youngest even went out for Halloween as Altair.

Old
11-01-2012, 11:13 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Fort McMurray is such a dump.

Old
11-01-2012, 11:31 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Not an assassins creed fan. None of them really felt like I was an assassin and really did not like the " 'merica" story line of the last game. I mean really, you can't even make an Assassin game about something other then america or an obvious homage to it? Sorry maybe I'm being snobby but it really felt like there was a good story, then someone took it to a focus group and came back with "make it more....American"

I loved dragon age origins. Probably still my favorite game.

DA2 was OK once I stopped wishing it was DAO.

Mass effect two was fun but it kept reminding me of how DA2 failed.

Was really disappointed with halo after the first one. Other games evolved and brought in new mechanics (gears of war was probably the first shooter I really fell in love with) while the Halo franchise just changed graphics and guns.

Currently I play skyrim, DA2 (a little) and a whole lot of NHL. I keep looking for new games but nothing really grabs my attention.

I'd love an assassins creed type game if the story was less propagandish and it was more assassin (ie like old schoolThief or those ninja games for PS.. not ninjagaiden the other ones...)

Closed Thread