HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 Whitecaps FC Thread VII

Closed Thread

Old
11-02-2012, 01:00 AM
Samzilla
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roach9 View Post
The only players I HOPE we keep this off-season.

Knighton
Richards
Mattocks
Y.P. Lee
O'Brien
Demerit
Harvey

Maybe a few others, but there's a lot of extra-baggage on this team.
Richards is going to Burnley FC.

Old
11-02-2012, 01:01 AM
the beat
cursum perficio

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
Ugh. Terrible first couple of minutes for Bonjour.

Hopefully they don't overkill with roster changes in the summer; they have a good core.
Love the avatar.

King Henrik! Hail hail!

Old
11-02-2012, 01:02 AM
sexydonut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor View Post
Well, disappointing way for the season to end, but at least we went further than Toronto ever has ...
geez, set some higher standards.

comparing ourselves positively to toronto FC is like being the second dumbest kid on the short bus.

Old
11-02-2012, 01:05 AM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor View Post
Well, disappointing way for the season to end, but at least we went further than Toronto ever has ...
TFC is the worst club in the universe. I can't believe they won the Canadian Championship...

Old
11-02-2012, 01:05 AM
Samzilla
HFBoards Sponsor

Pretty effing choked right now. Please tell me this team gets rid of Robson asap. I'd rather have Jarju back. I am not joking.

Old
11-02-2012, 01:06 AM
LongRoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDizzle View Post
Umm.. Koffie?
Rochat. Thorington deserves a spot on the bench as well (both in the positive and negative sense).

Old
11-02-2012, 01:08 AM
LongRoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckercky View Post
First half there was a bunch of insignificant calls in the Galaxy's favour, but the penalty kick being rather soft was the only thing that really bothered me in the second half.

'Caps lost because they were the second best team though.
Yeah, but he made the right call on the penalty argument in the first half and I can easily give him the benefit on Donovan's well-sold penalty when there was some clear contact. Definitely hard to call officiating the difference here.

Old
11-02-2012, 01:10 AM
Wildcarder

In spite of the dive, I like the energy and the compete level of Thorington a lot. While most Caps players were standing around, Thorington was the one player from the back making any sort of run at all without the ball.

Robson has to go. I just couldn't believe how badly he flubbed that chance and the falling down, griping, and berating of both the ref and his own team is just too much.

I actually thought Miller made some really clever passes and was good with linkups. He's got good vision, he just looks badly out of form. Keep him for next year and get him fit.

Really hope Lee plays another season.

Old
11-02-2012, 01:13 AM
John Swartzwelder
MOAR TUFFNESS!!!1

How can you possibly think there is a chance of winning when you have 25% possesion??? my god, Rennie is a stupid coach. add in robson, and you have a very strange situation...

If the caps wanna be a defensive team who play on the counter, what the hell does robson do? He's slow and can't defend, and can't take control of the offense. If you want a slow player on a counter attacking team, then they at least have to be very good defensively, and it would be nice if they could control the offense a la rivaldo. robson does nothing!

Old
11-02-2012, 01:13 AM
WinterEmpire
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach9 View Post
The only players I HOPE we keep this off-season.

Knighton
Richards
Mattocks
Y.P. Lee
O'Brien
Demerit
Harvey

Maybe a few others, but there's a lot of extra-baggage on this team.
Harvey? Dear god no. Kills offensive momentum and makes boneheaded plays

Old
11-02-2012, 01:16 AM
LongRoad

Honestly, bring in a couple of wingers, a good linking mid and a hold up man to play with Mattocks (funny because we had all of those pieces at the start of the year...) and I think this team is fine. Could use an improvement in net and we might need to replace someone on the backline, but I think typically Bonjour is fine in that role. Our D is all a little old and some youth certainly wouldn't hurt though.

Old
11-02-2012, 01:18 AM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Robson seriously was the biggest cancer I have seen his mark messier.

I am dead serious

Old
11-02-2012, 01:18 AM
damesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterEmpire View Post
Harvey? Dear god no. Kills offensive momentum and makes boneheaded plays
He had a lot of crosses that went nowhere but at least he was trying. I also kind of enjoyed how his body is a magnet for hard crosses. Milk that time Harvey!

Old
11-02-2012, 01:25 AM
WinterEmpire
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by damesh View Post
He had a lot of crosses that went nowhere but at least he was trying. I also kind of enjoyed how his body is a magnet for hard crosses. Milk that time Harvey!
Trying means squat, all his crosses go no where. Like seriously, I can't remember the last pass he made over 10 yards.

Old
11-02-2012, 01:30 AM
StringerBell

Nice dive by Donovan. Sucks to lose in that fashion, even if you were thoroughly outplayed the entire game.

Old
11-02-2012, 01:34 AM
StringerBell

And for anyone who cares, LA Kings twitter continues to poke fun. Not that bad though, just a bit curious.

@LAKings
Congrats to the @lagalaxy for knocking Canada's only hope out of the #MLSPlayoffs.

‏@LAKings
Hat tip to the @lariotsquad with their "No Stanley Cup" taunts at the @lagalaxy vs. Vancouver game.

Old
11-02-2012, 01:35 AM
Samzilla
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLager View Post
And for anyone who cares, LA Kings twitter continues to poke fun. Not that bad though, just a bit curious.

@LAKings
Congrats to the @lagalaxy for knocking Canada's only hope out of the #MLSPlayoffs.

‏@LAKings
Hat tip to the @lariotsquad with their "No Stanley Cup" taunts at the @lagalaxy vs. Vancouver game.
I seriously am starting to hate the Kings arrogance.

Old
11-02-2012, 01:39 AM
Back in 94
In Gillis I trust

Quote:

@LAKings

‏@LAKings
LOL did they really?

Old
11-02-2012, 01:42 AM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samzilla View Post
I seriously am starting to hate the Kings arrogance.
Yeah, that twitter account might be good for marketing, but it's anything but good for team integrity.

Old
11-02-2012, 01:44 AM
Derp Kassian

Their twitters are run by the same media group relax. I don't want to see any of those scots on the team next year.. Ridiculous cash being wasted on stop gaps. Harvey is horrid. Caps realistically could've pulled that game off if they banged in one of the 3-4 great chances. Even down one they were just missing the touch on a good chances(Why was Camilo on the bench?)

Old
11-02-2012, 01:45 AM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

Quote:

@LAKings

‏@LAKings
Guy running the Kings' twitter account is the equivalent of the dorky virgin in class finally getting a girlfriend and spamming facebook/tumblr about how wonderful things are and how everyone else sucks.

I mean, honestly who cares... specially people watching the MLS... lol.

With that said, I really want the Scottish connection or whatever gone. MLS needs to transition out of being a "retirement league" for washed up Europeans, hoping that guys like Robson will somehow change our fortunes is playing right into the stereotype.

Old
11-02-2012, 01:46 AM
Samzilla
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp Kassian View Post
Their twitters are run by the same media group relax. I don't want to see any of those scots on the team next year.. Ridiculous cash being wasted on stop gaps. Harvey is horrid. Caps realistically could've pulled that game off if they banged in one of the 3-4 great chances. Even down one they were just missing the touch on a good chances(Why was Camilo on the bench?)
Cause he's been overpaid crap for 90% of the season? If you're gonna hold out for a contract, at least play up to it. The last thing I wanted to see today was Camilo try and dribble 5 defenders, give the ball away, and fail to use his teammates.

Old
11-02-2012, 01:49 AM
El Duderino

I just don't get why such drastic moves were made in the middle of the season when things were going pretty well? Getting rid of Chiumiento and Hassli for Robson and Kenny ****ing Miller...

Old
11-02-2012, 01:56 AM
Samzilla
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Duderino View Post
I just don't get why such drastic moves were made in the middle of the season when things were going pretty well? Getting rid of Chiumiento and Hassli for Robson and Kenny ****ing Miller...
Chiumiento wanted to go back to Zurich. Not much we could do. The funny thing is the Robson deal was announced like 4 months before the transfer could actually happen. I was so stoked about it. Couldn't wait for the transfer window. How wrong I was.

Old
11-02-2012, 02:02 AM
WinterEmpire
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyC View Post
Guy running the Kings' twitter account is the equivalent of the dorky virgin in class finally getting a girlfriend and spamming facebook/tumblr about how wonderful things are and how everyone else sucks.

I mean, honestly who cares... specially people watching the MLS... lol.

With that said, I really want the Scottish connection or whatever gone. MLS needs to transition out of being a "retirement league" for washed up Europeans, hoping that guys like Robson will somehow change our fortunes is playing right into the stereotype.
Whitecaps FC daily were interviewing someone last week and they mentioned that the Caps would be looking at bringing in more young central american/caribbean players during the off season and that MLS teams are going to start focusing being a premier destination for the talent that doesn't get a chance to shine in the poor NA countries. Those players see Canada/USA as an escape.

Hopefully the philosophy of the league can trend toward that.

Closed Thread