HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Oilers to Complete "Wow Factor Trade"?

Closed Thread

Old
11-02-2012, 02:38 AM
JMcLeaf
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 500
I know they aren't available, but I'm curious how Oilers fans rank the big 4 in terms of who they'd be least likely(1) to move to most likely(4).

Would it be:

1)RNH
2)Hall
3)Eberle
4)Yakupov

Or is Hall #1?

Old
11-02-2012, 02:47 AM
TTOMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeteranNetPresence View Post
there's no one on the oilers that i would want for luongo.
pass.
Man, you must be trippin'!

Old
11-02-2012, 02:52 AM
Angelus
Smile Time!

vCash: 141
LMAO @ VeteranNetPresence: HF's village...you know.

re: JMcleaf. Hall and Eberle were just signed to long-term deals so there's no way they will be traded.

RNH is already the best centre we've had since Weight and will be signed to a long-term deal next summer.

Yakupov is not going to be traded after just being picked 1st overall.

But to answer your question: my order is RNH/Hall/Yak/Eberle.

Old
11-02-2012, 03:02 AM
medhatcanuck

I come in peace oiler fans, I think we can get passed the mocking and such. Vancouver and Edmonton I think could be trading partners.

Luongo, Tanev, and Schroeder

Gagner, Jones, and pick

Why. Edmonton needs top end goaltending and defencemen. Tanev is very young and has played in the SCF. He would be great on a young oilers team.

Ughhh i can already feel the condescending responses. Bring em on.

Old
11-02-2012, 03:07 AM
Qrispy

Oilers have no need for Tanev or Schroeder. Van doesn't really need Gagner either I would think.

Old
11-02-2012, 03:12 AM
RipsADrive
Maybe next year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
I know they aren't available, but I'm curious how Oilers fans rank the big 4 in terms of who they'd be least likely(1) to move to most likely(4).

Would it be:

1)RNH
2)Hall
3)Eberle
4)Yakupov

Or is Hall #1?
You'll get a lot of different opinions but for me it's.

1.RNH
2.Hall
3.Yakupov
4.Eberle

I'd be absolutely loathe to trade Eberle of course but with a gun to my head he'd be the one I'd send packing.

Old
11-02-2012, 03:21 AM
RipsADrive
Maybe next year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by medhatcanuck View Post
I come in peace oiler fans, I think we can get passed the mocking and such. Vancouver and Edmonton I think could be trading partners.

Luongo, Tanev, and Schroeder

Gagner, Jones, and pick

Why. Edmonton needs top end goaltending and defencemen. Tanev is very young and has played in the SCF. He would be great on a young oilers team.

Ughhh i can already feel the condescending responses. Bring em on.
I actually feel like Edmonton is getting the better end of the deal here.

Personally I'm too afraid of Luongo's contract to make the deal plus I don't want to trade Gagner because Horcoff would move up to #2C but value-wise I think Edmonton comes out ahead.

Old
11-02-2012, 03:22 AM
rypper

As a canucks fan I loathe the idea of parting with tanev. Cheap and doesn't look out of place rounding out our defense core. The pieces coming back don't excite me either but I do recognize gagner would be an upgrade on a 3rd line center.

Old
11-02-2012, 04:19 AM
Hynh

Quote:
Originally Posted by rypper View Post
I note the exclusion of the big 4, but realistically for it to be a "wow factor trade" wouldn't it have to include one of them? I don't really feel wowed by gagner or hemsky. Maybe oilers fans do but I don't think any other teams fans do.
The trade that produced Pronger would be a Wow! trade and that trade is seen to have been mostly spare parts. Never underestimate what a team under duress will do.

Quote:

Would it be:

1)RNH
2)Hall
3)Eberle
4)Yakupov

Or is Hall #1?
1. Hall
2. RNH
3. Yak
4. Eberle

My opinion is that Lowe is a big astronomy buff.

Ryan Whitney (6), Taylor Fedun (27 or in this notation, Q), Eric Belanger (20 or J), Nick Schultz (15 or E) and a 5th round pick for Carey Price (31 or U) and PK Subban (the isolated 7 and 6).

Old
11-02-2012, 04:43 AM
416Leafer

Quote:

Would it be:

1)RNH
2)Hall
3)Eberle
4)Yakupov

Or is Hall #1?
My opinion (as a non-Edm fan) is that RNH is by far the most untouchable. He may not end up being the best of them, but he's the only Centre. Very very few teams have won the SC without a legitimate franchise C, and their depth after RNH is very thin down the middle.

Out of the other 3, couldnt tell you. Theyre all so young, and Yakupov hasnt even played in the NHL yet, that its hard to say which will be the best.

Old
11-02-2012, 05:07 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

One of the "big 4" for Luongo.

And then the city of Edmonton ablaze.

11-02-2012, 05:10 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hynh View Post
The trade that produced Pronger would be a Wow! trade and that trade is seen to have been mostly spare parts. Never underestimate what a team under duress will do.

1. Hall
2. RNH
3. Yak
4. Eberle

My opinion is that Lowe is a big astronomy buff.

Ryan Whitney (6), Taylor Fedun (27 or in this notation, Q), Eric Belanger (20 or J), Nick Schultz (15 or E) and a 5th round pick for Carey Price (31 or U) and PK Subban (the isolated 7 and 6).
I've seen a lot of "nerdy" posts here, but I think this one takes the cake. Well done.

Old
11-02-2012, 05:18 AM
FireEverybody*

Oilers 1st + prospect for Luo.

BTW Hall is the correct answer for most untouchable.

Old
11-02-2012, 06:26 AM
nzoilerfan

The only player of the big four that if any is available is Yakupov, as he doesn't have the attachment to the team like the others do. And although he is doing well in the KHL his game will lead to injuries in the NHL.

I would want a centre over a defenceman.

Hall - Hopkins - Eberle
Hartikainen/Paajarvi - Couturier/Schenn - Hemsky

Smid - Petry
Klefbom - Schultz

We would still need a more solid goaltending option that that core could get us places.

Old
11-02-2012, 06:37 AM
gonzo11
Give the dog a bone

On the oiler board we have been having fun with this for awhile. We more or less called Staffer a oiiler shill for the way he said it and suggested that he was trying to cause distraction. Guess there might be some fuel for the fire

I find it hard to believe the oilers could keep a wow trade away from being revealed for up to a year--unless something changes I do not see there being hockey this year

Old
11-02-2012, 06:46 AM
Jacob8hockey*
Maple Leaf Fan

Ok ill go along with how I would rate the untouchables from the my POV.

I see it like

1) RNH
2) Eberle
3/4) Yakupov/Hall

The reason I gave RNH is simply he is the center and the only one like himself. I also gave Eberle 2nd because he is the only natural righty of the group and a RW. Hall and Yak are both lefties even though Yak is put as a RW.

Now the complicated part for me is who gets 3rd and who gets 4th. Yak hasn't proven anything at the NHL, but we all know he will be a good if not great player. Hall has proven that he can score near PPG as a 20 year old. Now the only reason I didn't give Hall 3 automatically is his style of play and his injuries he has gotten. I think the injuries were enough for me to give him 4

Old
11-02-2012, 07:20 AM
crazyhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jroc86 View Post
Thats called posturing and asset management. The last team that was actually terrible enough to earn 3 1st overalls in a row was the Quebec Nordiques ... Sundin, Nolan, Lindros. How many cup rings did those guys retire with?? Does Edmonton intend on having 30+ mill/year tied up with 4 forwards when their ELC's are up?

The kids are getting dangled - and depending on whats coming the other way nobody is safe. If K Lowe think hes going to squeeze a good dman and true starting goalie out of Gangners 8 point game and Hemskys 8 game un-injured streak hes crazy.

Edmonton needs a goalie and a dman(s). Nobody is going to hand them the final peice to the puzzle without getting a kid back.
Yeah, well those three didn't retire with any but the team ( Avalanche ) won two and Lindros who essentially became Forsberg and via Thibault became Roy also won two.
It's a gamble either way of course.

Old
11-02-2012, 07:28 AM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiva View Post
The Oilers resigned Dubi to a new 2 year contract, and with that kind of money, he will be the number 1 goalie this year, can't see lou going to the Oilers for that reason.

I also suspect it's a clear top 2 defense man with grit, or a number 2 center with size (which the Oilers are very weak in prospect depth) IF such a trade should happen. These are the biggest areas in the Oilers weakness, the Oilers D was just horrible last year and no one knows how Whitney will play after his injuries. Gags is just to small, and the Oilers really need some size in the top 6.

My guess for WOW factor is Subban, or O'Reilly

My surprise pick would be Krejci though. Boston is overloaded with centers, are right up close to the cap, and with Seguin resigned may need to shed salary real fast especially with a new CBA coming. This may depend on if he waves his NTC.

If not, and looking at Capgeek, then it could be Lucic, as he is the only high salaried player without a NTC or NMC in his contract. That would be a WOW there, but then, he also will be getting 6 million per year soon as well
Well Lucic is not moving. So forget that.

Krejci perhaps could be moved, but again it would have to include one of Hall, Yakupov or Eberle. Other than them, there isnt anything of value on the Oilers roster that would interest Boston.

However, a deal w/ Boston is very unlikely, as Seguin may or may not be ready yet to take over #1 center duties while competing for a Stanley Cup. Krejci is needed to anchor the top line UNTIL the team is certain Seguin is ready to take the reigns. For now, Boston has the luxury of waiting on Seguin, because Krejci Bergeron Kelly are playing their roles well. Seguin meanwhile is being tutored on defensive responsibilities by Bergeron (12' Selke winner)

Old
11-02-2012, 07:30 AM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

vCash: 5100
Luongo, Yandle, Krejci,

Most likely players at each position I think they might target.

Old
11-02-2012, 07:37 AM
Angelus
Smile Time!

vCash: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Well Lucic is not moving. So forget that.

Krejci perhaps could be moved, but again it would have to include one of Hall, Yakupov or Eberle. Other than them, there isnt anything of value on the Oilers roster that would interest Boston.

However, a deal w/ Boston is very unlikely, as Seguin may or may not be ready yet to take over #1 center duties while competing for a Stanley Cup. Krejci is needed to anchor the top line UNTIL the team is certain Seguin is ready to take the reigns. For now, Boston has the luxury of waiting on Seguin, because Krejci Bergeron Kelly are playing their roles well. Seguin meanwhile is being tutored on defensive responsibilities by Bergeron (12' Selke winner)
You read like a pompous old woman who cannot stop talking.

however, if you think the Bruins will get one of the big 4 for Krejci - DREAM.ON.

God I'm starting to wish the Canucks beat you guys. I hoped the Caps upset would serve as a much-needed dose of humility!

Old
11-02-2012, 07:41 AM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
You read like a pompous old woman who cannot stop talking.

however, if you think the Bruins will get one of the big 4 for Krejci - DREAM.ON.

God I'm starting to wish the Canucks beat you guys. I hoped the Caps upset would serve as a much-needed dose of humility!
Ok, what would you suggest Edmonton would trade for Bostons' top line 26yr old 60 to 70 point playmaking center? Let me guess: HEMSKY?

Old
11-02-2012, 08:50 AM
Hynh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Ok, what would you suggest Edmonton would trade for Bostons' top line 26yr old 60 to 70 point playmaking center? Let me guess: HEMSKY?
How does 2 firsts and a second sound?

Besides, teams make bad trades all the time. Jacobs could be buying Katz's vote on the BoG.

Old
11-02-2012, 09:01 AM
worraps
Acceptance

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by deytookerjaabs View Post
Then I'm not sure a "wow" trade exists, unless the Oil really rip someone off.
A lot of good prospects have been built up after plundering 3 consecutive drafts (30, 30, 29, finishes will do that) and with the youth of their core, the Oilers can start looking at parting with future picks.

I should also point out that the premise of this rumored deal is that the Oilers' potential trading partner would need to shed salary coming into the new CBA.

Here's what went the other way the last time the Oilers made a "wow" trade with a team that needed to shed salary (Proger deal):

Eric Brewer, Jeff Woywitka and Doug Lynch.

The fab 4 aren't going anywhere, even if the Oilers make a splash.

Old
11-02-2012, 09:09 AM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hynh View Post
How does 2 firsts and a second sound?

Besides, teams make bad trades all the time. Jacobs could be buying Katz's vote on the BoG.
Ya sure, sounds valid. Top line center's are regularly always traded for picks

Old
11-02-2012, 09:10 AM
HockeyGuruPitka

Yakupov
Khabiboulin

for

Miller
Leopold
1st

Last edited by HockeyGuruPitka: 11-02-2012 at 09:17 AM.
Closed Thread