HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2nd line LW help

Old
11-02-2012, 07:32 AM
Jerky

vCash: 500
2nd line LW help

So it should be no secret to Habs fans that we need help on our second line LW. Right now we have Bourque slotted in there, but I think we should look for some help in case he falters.

Was going through each team to see if we could pry a player away from a team without giving up too much.

Viktor Stalberg is a UFA next season, and with Brandon Saad looking for a top 6 role with Chicago, he could be a good fit for the Habs without giving anything up.

How about Tomas Vincour from Dallas. I thought he'd have a chance to compete for a top 6 spot on Dallas this season, but they went and signed Jagr and Whitney, keeping Vincour down on the depth chart. He's a power forward with some scoring upside. He's also a Czech, so he's responsible defensively and would benefit by playing alongside countryman Plekanec.

I think we could get him for a pretty cheap. Dallas needs help on the blueline badly. After Oleksiak, there's not much in the minors and Robidas is getting old.

Weber and a pick? Kabs? Diaz straight up?

Detroit has two young studs on the left side in Tatar and Nyquist. They also could use some punch on the blueline going forward. Acquiring one of these players would cost us a decent prospect in return, but I could see Tinordi going to Detroit for one of these 2.

Thoughts? Any others we might be able to steal away?

Jerky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 07:39 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Thing is, habs have leblanc, gallagher and others who are getting some AHL time right now.

I would not be surprised if the season is cut completely but assuming it isn't the guys I mentioned will likely get first call before an outsider.

I don't mind the players you mentioned but assuming there's a season, maybe if we're selling we can acquire a young top 9 guy but for now, I see no reason in paying for something we don't know if we'll use and beyond that, something we may not need.

LyricalLyricist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 07:53 AM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerky View Post
So it should be no secret to Habs fans that we need help on our second line LW. Right now we have Bourque slotted in there, but I think we should look for some help in case he falters.

Was going through each team to see if we could pry a player away from a team without giving up too much.

Viktor Stalberg is a UFA next season, and with Brandon Saad looking for a top 6 role with Chicago, he could be a good fit for the Habs without giving anything up.

How about Tomas Vincour from Dallas. I thought he'd have a chance to compete for a top 6 spot on Dallas this season, but they went and signed Jagr and Whitney, keeping Vincour down on the depth chart. He's a power forward with some scoring upside. He's also a Czech, so he's responsible defensively and would benefit by playing alongside countryman Plekanec.

I think we could get him for a pretty cheap. Dallas needs help on the blueline badly. After Oleksiak, there's not much in the minors and Robidas is getting old.

Weber and a pick? Kabs? Diaz straight up?

Detroit has two young studs on the left side in Tatar and Nyquist. They also could use some punch on the blueline going forward. Acquiring one of these players would cost us a decent prospect in return, but I could see Tinordi going to Detroit for one of these 2.

Thoughts? Any others we might be able to steal away?
Nyquist is a pretty good prospect and NHL ready,but there's no way I would trade Tinordi for him.I can see Tinordi being the leader on defence and Captain in a few years,for the Habs.The Habs have lots of picks this year and can draft a LW with a 2nd round pick that will be as good as Nyquist in a few years.Drouin,Carrier and Mantha are all LW's.

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 07:59 AM
Jerky

I think Drouin will be a top 10 pick.....top 20 for sure

Old
11-02-2012, 08:01 AM
theboss*

We need another big body winger like Patches or a true power forward in the system

theboss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 08:13 AM
Jerky

I'm sure we could get Chris Stewart for cheap....but I think he plays exclusively on the right side

Old
11-02-2012, 08:41 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

I'd wait until next summer and try and sign Clowe if he makes it to UFA, he'd definitely be a Bergevin/Therrien type of guy and would be a great addition to our LW.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 10:08 AM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerky View Post
Along that same line of thought, I've thought Frolik would be an interesting project.

I would like to see the Habs acquire a young forward with some NHL experience over the next couple of years. I remember one poster here making the case that good teams have a lot of players in the 24-30 year old range, or something similar... I think there's something to that.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote