Diatidialga

vCash: 500
It's alright, Buchko will get the message when the new stadium is half empty

Old
11-01-2012, 02:26 PM
EpochLink
Canucks and Jets fan

Management ineptitude..what is this? I thought Halloween was over last night..

The season was wasted weeks ago and we get these idiots back next season? I guess the BOD wanted to save some extra $$$

Old
11-01-2012, 04:02 PM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diatidialga View Post
It's alright, Buchko will get the message when the new stadium is half empty
And it would take months if ever for the Jets to sell 13K season tickets too huh?

Old
11-01-2012, 04:14 PM
GrandChelems

Insanity is blowing the team up, having it not work, then continuing to blow it up just to appease the fans.

Also, I mean no offense, really I don't, but MY WORD Bomber fans whine a lot. Everywhere too. Brand spanking new, purpose-built, multimillion dollar stadium to keep your bottoms warm and your beer cold 9 times a year and I have yet to hear one Bomber fan say one positive or nice thing about it!

Last edited by GrandChelems: 11-01-2012 at 04:24 PM.
Old
11-01-2012, 04:20 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandChelems View Post
Not quite. Insanity is blowing the team up, having it not work, then continuing to blow it up just to appease the fans.

I mean no offense, really I don't, but MY WORD Bomber fans whine a lot. Everywhere too.
After 22 years of no league championship in an 8 team league....
I think they have earned that right.

Old
11-01-2012, 04:32 PM
Jet
Stand by your man

vCash: 50
Quote:
Insanity is blowing the team up, having it not work, then continuing to blow it up just to appease the fans.

Also, I mean no offense, really I don't, but MY WORD Bomber fans whine a lot. Everywhere too. Brand spanking new, purpose-built, multimillion dollar stadium to keep your bottoms warm and your beer cold 9 times a year and I have yet to hear one Bomber fan say one positive or nice thing about it!
I do agree with the Stadium thing. Yeah, it was late and yes it's not perfect but it is beautiful and will be the league's gem next year. It will be nice bringing bands into town and not be embarrassed having them play in that old behemoth.

As for the team? In a league as small as the CFL, the Bombers ineptitude is embarrassing to say the least. I think you need to give Mack some more time though.

11-01-2012, 04:47 PM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:

Then you don't know me clearly I walk past it everyday on my way to school, I am so excited, looks awesome, world class. I have been excited for the new stadium since the original annoucement, back when David Asper was still attached to it, I think it will be great for the city and the team. Canad Inns is a dump, has been since I've been going to games in the mid 90's, thank god it's finally coming down.

Insanity is taking a team that goes to the Grey Cup Final as one of the youngest in the league and blowing it up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
I do agree with the Stadium thing. Yeah, it was late and yes it's not perfect but it is beautiful and will be the league's gem next year. It will be nice bringing bands into town and not be embarrassed having them play in that old behemoth.

As for the team? In a league as small as the CFL, the Bombers ineptitude is embarrassing to say the least. I think you need to give Mack some more time though.
I don't. He has completely screwed the pooch. Took a team verging on becoming a legitmate contender and made them a laughing stock. For NO REASON. I could see if our hand was forced, lots of veterans retiring, the team aging, salary cap, etc...nope just let's firesale the team for the hell of it. Yeah great plan...pissed off most of the team before TC even started, these guys want to win and they could see clear as day as could everybody except apparently Mack that he had destroyed the team, and the results were predictable...if you want to be the smartest man in the room and go against convention wisdom TIME AND TIME again you better damn well BE the smartest man in the room...Joe Mack clearly is not. Its one thing to be a Brendan Taman and do your own thing and make unconventional moves, since he WINS football games, if you want to do your own thing and go completely against the grain it BETTER damn well work. IF he makes an attempt to build a team, an attempt to put a winning product on the field, I give him more time...nope he has not tried to win football games, I'm not sure if he could have ****ed us up more if he had been trying...

Old
11-01-2012, 04:56 PM
ps241
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

I am a huge fan of the new stadium and think it’s a great idea. All part of a great renewal push for our city and I can’t wait to attend a game or concert there!!

That being said I am not going to let them off the hook for how they handled the planned and failed move.

Old
11-01-2012, 07:15 PM
puck stoppa

Sign BC's backup QB (Rielly) and all will be solved. We all cry about how brutal the Bombers are but all we need is a QB and we will be fine. Look at TO adding Ray and going from being **** to 2nd in the East. Get a QB....oh and I almost forgot, fire Walters and improve special teams.

Old
11-01-2012, 07:31 PM
JustGivingEr
How far we done fell

vCash: 1125
So Mack will remain GM.

Hmmm I wonder which young players coming off good seasons will be gone this offseason?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
Despite not bringing in players for the O-line or a reliable starting QB most of Mack's moves have been pretty good.

Chad Simpson one of the best backs in the league brought in by Mack.

Chris Matthews Blue Bombers top rookie, and will probably be top rookie in CFL brought in by Mack.

Blue Bombers top defensive player Alex Hall brought in by Mack.....
Which are arguably the two things that the team has needed most for quite some time. Getting rid of Kent was also a horrible move. We needed him at linebacker this year.

Old
11-01-2012, 08:27 PM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by puck stoppa View Post
Sign BC's backup QB (Rielly) and all will be solved. We all cry about how brutal the Bombers are but all we need is a QB and we will be fine. Look at TO adding Ray and going from being **** to 2nd in the East. Get a QB....oh and I almost forgot, fire Walters and improve special teams.
BC will not let him go for free and he is HARDLY a sure thing. I have argued in the past that he would be a good option, and maybe he will be, I'd be happy with Pierce, Elliott, Reilly in camp next year, but Reilly raised some pretty big red flags his last outing. I know one game, but he looked BRUTAL in that last game he played.

Bombers need alot more than a QB.

Last year's team was based on the pass rush. The extreme pressure put on QB's is what helped out DB's be ball hawks, and they could play tight since you could not run a long developing play against the Bombers last year, meaning they could get involved in the run game as well. This year that pass rush was not there and you saw our DB's and LB's get exposed as merely average, DB's maybe slightly above average. Lots of work to be done on the DL and LB corps. The O-Line is still mostly a mess, other than 2-3 games, it has not been very good. The WR corps has huge question marks in it with the inconsistent play of our NI's this year in Watson and Poblah. Poblah seemed little involved, Watson had ALOT of drops. The RB position is solid with hopefully Garrett bouncing back to add to Simpson.

There is a heck of a lot of work that needs to be done. One player does not make this team a contender.

Old
11-01-2012, 09:16 PM
puck stoppa

But this is a QB driven league so adding a good young QB is a place to start. I think Ford and Simpson might make Garrett expendable. I think we will just fine next season, if we have a consistent QB.

Old
11-02-2012, 12:14 AM
Potrzebie

vCash: 50
Hey, on the bright side we have one more thing in common with our friends in Atlanta! We have the CFL's Don Waddell. Perhaps Mack will be promoted to president in another couple of years.

Old
11-02-2012, 12:47 AM
sipowicz
The Original

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustGivingEr View Post
So Mack will remain GM.

Hmmm I wonder which young players coming off good seasons will be gone this offseason?

Which are arguably the two things that the team has needed most for quite some time. Getting rid of Kent was also a horrible move. We needed him at linebacker this year.
Actually the O-line has really improved towards the end of the season, you don't get a 1000 yard rusher with a bad line. Really can't fault the O-line for the fact that Pierce hung onto the ball way too long most of the time. In hindsight Mack probably should have brought in a veteran number 2 QB, but with that you sacrifice the development of your young QB's. Just wish the Blue Bombers would decide on either Brink or Elliot on who you want to move forward with, personally I would bring in a mobile guy and start from scratch.

Old
11-02-2012, 01:21 AM
Bob E

Well i'll start by saying, I'm predicting Buchko will be looking for a job in 2 yrs. Mack may not have 2 yrs.

The only announcement today that i actually didn't mind is Tim Burke as head coach. He's a quality football man who deserves an opportunity to start a season fresh with his own people and a complete staff. I do think he'll be better at managing a game, next year, and improve his game-day decisions with more experience in the job.

The other two clowns have caused this franchise to take steps backwards, instead of forwards. Our QB position is a mess, our Canadian talent is still thin, and we lack an impact player in most key positions on the team. Elite CFL teams have those elite players in key positions, we don't. Unless there is tremendous improvement in talent, a .500 season is only a dream, and not realistic.

Changes to the roster? Well, start with receiver. I realize we don't have a QB to consistently get them the ball, but who is our go-to receiver of the future? The guy that finds a way to get open on 2nd and 7 or 3rd and 8, when we need a first down with the game on the line and the other team knows he's our guy? Edwards? Meh, nearing retirement. Matthews? Maybe. But I'm talking a W Dressler, G Simon, F Stamps, N Lewis, or J Richardson-type guy? For the record, Hamilton doesn't have one either (unless you believe Fantuz is that guy) and that's one reason why we may pass them in the standings with a win vs. the Als.

Who is our playmaker on D? Exactly. There is so much improvement needed to the talent on this team, it's mind-boggling. Mack has done a very poor job of maintaining a Grey Cup calibre team. He hasn't filled the holes he's created, other than Matthews for Carr and Simpson for Garrett. But US receivers and RB's are plentiful.

It's his willingness to allow key positions and leadership to leave without replacing them. So either he doesn't recognize how important having those players in key positions are to winning, or the BoD would rather he saves the $$ and not bring them in (as they cost more in salary). This off-season will be very interesting. If Mack continues to fumble his moves during this off-season without a 'load up to win now' type approach, he is completely incompetent and so is Buchko for bringing him back. We'll find out soon. I'm predicting a complete failure again this off-season.

Old
11-02-2012, 07:58 AM
puck stoppa

Muamba and Oline got better as the year went on. The other key positions are fine. Improve the Dline next year and get a consistent QB and we will make the playoffs. You heard it here first!

Old
11-02-2012, 08:38 AM
sipowicz
The Original

Good read (even though I'm not a Sinclair fan)

Enemy stadiums far more welcoming:

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/opi...176914191.html

Some of the complaints he makes are a little ridiculous like good game experience at Mcmahon, football atmosphere at Rogers, really. As for the pat downs, I've experienced that at a Bill's game at Ralph Wilson Stadium, believe it's common at most NFL stadiums. Where else do you see fans bringing backpacks to games like you do at Blue Bomber games, Jets NO, Goldeyes No, if you don't want a bag checked, don't bring one in.

Last edited by sipowicz: 11-02-2012 at 08:49 AM.
Old
11-02-2012, 09:25 AM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 481
Quote:
I'm all for signing Rielly. Historically BC has done an expotentially better job at scouting QB's then the Bombers. Let's steal one of theirs

Old
11-02-2012, 10:30 AM
GrandChelems

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
Good read (even though I'm not a Sinclair fan)

Enemy stadiums far more welcoming:

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/opi...176914191.html

Some of the complaints he makes are a little ridiculous like good game experience at Mcmahon, football atmosphere at Rogers, really. As for the pat downs, I've experienced that at a Bill's game at Ralph Wilson Stadium, believe it's common at most NFL stadiums. Where else do you see fans bringing backpacks to games like you do at Blue Bomber games, Jets NO, Goldeyes No, if you don't want a bag checked, don't bring one in.
How self important must one be in order to be offended by a little pat-down? This guy should treat himself to a heated European or South American soccer rivalry if he wants a little perspective from which to judge the horrible atrocities he suffered at the hands of Canad Inns security! I'd recommend he wear a diaper

Old
11-02-2012, 10:42 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Anyone else listening to 1290?
Guy called in saying he works at a night time establishment and heard two bombers (whom he saw with his own eyes and heard with his ears) **** talking buck pierce.
Saying he would get hurt being frisked at the door on his way in.

I dont know what to say about that.

Last edited by King Woodballs: 11-02-2012 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Clarifying for those who require clarity
Old
11-02-2012, 01:28 PM
JustGivingEr
How far we done fell

vCash: 1125
Quote:
Muamba and Oline got better as the year went on. The other key positions are fine. Improve the Dline next year and get a consistent QB and we will make the playoffs. You heard it here first!
Simply making the playoffs isn't that big of a deal. 3/4 of the league makes the playoffs.

Old
11-02-2012, 03:54 PM
sully1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Anyone else listening to 1290?
Guy called in saying he works at a night time establishment and heard two bombers (with his own eyes) **** talking buck pierce.
Saying he would get hurt being frisked at the door on his way in.

I dont know what to say about that.
He heard them with his eyes...now that's weird...

Anyway...yea that's a ****** thing to do. It does suck that he gets hurt all the time, maybe they were just venting.

Old
11-02-2012, 04:03 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
He heard them with his eyes...now that's weird...

Anyway...yea that's a ****** thing to do. It does suck that he gets hurt all the time, maybe they were just venting.
Saw him with his own eyes........

Old
11-02-2012, 06:12 PM
angrymnky

Who wouldn't say that about Pierce? I'd only object to it if it was said by guys on the o-line that could have protected him better.

Old
11-02-2012, 07:14 PM
dhfromkw

I went for a post-game meal at Denny's on Wellington after the BC Lions game last season. My friend and I were sitting close to a few tables with Lions players.

They were also chatting about how Buck is good, but he's fragile.

So I had no problem believing what the 1290 caller was saying, at all.

Closed Thread