HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Desharnais signs for Fribourg Gottéron (Switzerland)

Old
11-02-2012, 07:46 AM
Yvanoe

vCash: 500
Desharnais signs for Fribourg Gottéron (Switzerland)

Desharnais signs with Fribourg Gottéron for the duration of the lock-out. He will play his first game with Fribourg the 12 November against Pardubice (CZ), in the context of the European Trophy. First championship game with Fribourg the 16 November against EHB Biel (Kane and Seguin).

Official report per Fribourg's official web site : http://www.gotteron.ch/news/details.html?tx_gotteronnews_gotteronnewsdetail[controller]=GotteronNews&tx_gotteronnews_gotteronnewsdetail[action]=detail&tx_gotteronnews_gotteronnewsdetail[news]=203&cHash=b0e531b17ce2da13482a6128a4460558

Yvanoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 07:57 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Good stuff. Hoping he does well.

LyricalLyricist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 10:05 AM
Et le But

Glad to hear, Desharnais should be able to look very good in Switzerland.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 08:50 PM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Good stuff. Hoping he does well.
and stays there

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 08:50 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemorecup View Post
and stays there
why?

Old
11-02-2012, 09:30 PM
zx81

Quote:
why?
He's a DD hater.
Just read his posts in this thread
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...885&highlight=

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 10:12 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
He's a DD hater.
Just read his posts in this thread
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...885&highlight=
Well his posts seem centralized on the idea we need a true #1(in the future) with gally and a solid #2 in plekanec which isn't a bad statement. The weird part is Gally isn't ready and desharnais is our best option internally for the top 6. He's a hard worker, good teammate and good person from what I can tell. There's no reason to badmouth the guy, at least wait till there's actually an alternative no? I don't understand some people.

Old
11-02-2012, 10:18 PM
Et le But

I really wish all the "We need to get rid of Desharnais/Eller/Plekanec ASAP!" talk would be cooled down for at least another year. And yes Desharnais has a certain disadvantage in that he can't be used defensively to give other players offensive starts, but as long as Desharnais is cheap and Galchenyuk isn't even ready, we might as well enjoy the everyone. It's not like we are stacked with skill on the wing to be selling off skill players for draft picks.

Plus for all we know we have a Galchenyuk and Barkov future coming up.

But on topic, anyone know anything about this team? I like their logo.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 08:25 AM
Yvanoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I really wish all the "We need to get rid of Desharnais/Eller/Plekanec ASAP!" talk would be cooled down for at least another year. And yes Desharnais has a certain disadvantage in that he can't be used defensively to give other players offensive starts, but as long as Desharnais is cheap and Galchenyuk isn't even ready, we might as well enjoy the everyone. It's not like we are stacked with skill on the wing to be selling off skill players for draft picks.

Plus for all we know we have a Galchenyuk and Barkov future coming up.

But on topic, anyone know anything about this team? I like their logo.
I'm a fan of Fribourg, so I can tell you what you want about the team. Right now, we are third on the standing. First team on the standing is Genève (Weber and Couture) and second are Zurich (Dustin Brown). 4th best defense and attack. Our best scorer are Christian Dubé (7 goals, 11 assist in 19 games) and Simon Gamache (5 goals 12 assist in 17 games). We are in the first swiss league since 1980, but we were never swiss champion. The club is also well known in Europe because we got Slava Bykov (old trainer of the Russian national team, 5 times world champion, 2 times Olympic champion) and Andrei Komutov (trainer in the KHL, world champion and Olympic champion one time).

I'll keep you updated on how Desharnais does, maybe with some highliths video too. If the lock-out last until January, you may be able to watch some game in Canada, since we are competing in the Spengler Cup this year and i do believe it's broadcast in Canada.

Some video :

- Desharnais on his choice to play with Fribourg : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkVN4...layer_embedded

Some video about Fribourg :

- 1/4 final against the current swiss champion : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYhsC86dpdA

- 1/4 final against Bern : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMYWp...feature=relmfu

Some fans video :

- In Berne : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mssv...eature=related

- In Fribourg : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6nbiSP8AFY

- In Fribourg n°2 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6VD1...eature=related

Old
11-03-2012, 08:33 AM
katatoniak

Thanks Yvanoe! great to see we will have someone who follows him on board

When's the next game ?

katatoniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 08:52 AM
Yvanoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by katatoniak View Post
Thanks Yvanoe! great to see we will have someone who follows him on board

When's the next game ?
You welcome ! We play tonight against Zoug (Brunner, Zetterberg, Diaz), and after that national team break. The first game Desharnais will play is against Pardubice (CZ) the 12 November (game for the European Trophy). And the first championship game is the 16 November against Biel (Seguin, Kane).

Old
11-03-2012, 09:29 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvanoe View Post
Desharnais signs with Fribourg Gottéron for the duration of the lock-out. He will play his first game with Fribourg the 12 November against Pardubice (CZ), in the context of the European Trophy. First championship game with Fribourg the 16 November against EHB Biel (Kane and Seguin).

Official report per Fribourg's official web site : http://www.gotteron.ch/news/details.html?tx_gotteronnews_gotteronnewsdetail[controller]=GotteronNews&tx_gotteronnews_gotteronnewsdetail[action]=detail&tx_gotteronnews_gotteronnewsdetail[news]=203&cHash=b0e531b17ce2da13482a6128a4460558
Thanks Yvanoe. Funny to read "L'attaquant de poche"....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 09:49 AM
FF de Mars

Il griffera la glace !

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 11:15 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
Il griffera la glace !
Pretty poetic... Though DD and "griffes" aren't exactly what I had in mind for him.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 11:39 AM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Pretty poetic... Though DD and "griffes" aren't exactly what I had in mind for him.
Hehehe. He will sign the ice !

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 12:15 PM
Yvanoe

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/201...r-desharnais-2

An article about Desharnais and Fribourg. It also explain, that Desharnais will pays his own insurance cost, which is pretty good for us in Fribourg !

Last edited by Yvanoe: 11-04-2012 at 12:24 PM.
Old
11-04-2012, 12:43 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

Way negotiations are going right now, he might never even play for them :-p

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 12:48 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvanoe View Post
http://www.journaldemontreal.com/201...r-desharnais-2

An article about Desharnais and Fribourg. It also explain, that Desharnais will pays his own insurance cost, which is pretty good for us in Fribourg !
Good job DD - hopefully he doesn't leave at the sight of problems like his linemate

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 04:59 PM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Well his posts seem centralized on the idea we need a true #1(in the future) with gally and a solid #2 in plekanec which isn't a bad statement. The weird part is Gally isn't ready and desharnais is our best option internally for the top 6. He's a hard worker, good teammate and good person from what I can tell. There's no reason to badmouth the guy, at least wait till there's actually an alternative no? I don't understand some people.
I am not bashing him at all . He is a filler for now

you are not going to win anything with him as your #1 , if you hab fans want DD as you your number and compete with the Pens , Philly , Boston , etc in this conference then you need help

I saw Gally a few weeks ago in Brampton , the dude is a stud , a legit # 1 who will be ready next season

what I dont want is MB to pay this guy 16 over 4 something this team is famous for doing overpaying the wrong guy at the wrong time

we are solid with Pleks as your filler # 1 for now ( he is a better alround player than DD will ever be ) , Gally and Eller moving forward and Vail is no slouch as well

With stupid money with numerous players already on the roster , the last thing we need is another mistake , give him a 1-2 year deal and move on

Old
11-04-2012, 06:19 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:

you are not going to win anything with him as your #1 , if you hab fans want DD as you your number and compete with the Pens , Philly , Boston , etc in this conference then you need help

I saw Gally a few weeks ago in Brampton , the dude is a stud , a legit # 1 who will be ready next season

what I dont want is MB to pay this guy 16 over 4 something this team is famous for doing overpaying the wrong guy at the wrong time

we are solid with Pleks as your filler # 1 for now ( he is a better alround player than DD will ever be ) , Gally and Eller moving forward and Vail is no slouch as well

With stupid money with numerous players already on the roster , the last thing we need is another mistake , give him a 1-2 year deal and move on
I don't think many think he's our #1 for the future but he can still be a useful player. Sees the ice well and is a good playmaker and hard worker. Even if he isn't on top 6, he can be a on top 9 rather easily. I think you're focusing too much on his deficiencies and ignoring what he brings. He's a useful player in the right role. So I really don't get the original comment you made.

Old
11-04-2012, 06:32 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:

I think Plek is all around a more complete player than DD but DD has more upside. I think we have seen all we had from Plek at this point. If I had to pick a "for now" number one center I would pick DD.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 05:06 AM
Yvanoe

http://laliberte.ch/sport/je-suis-un-fabricant-de-jeu

David Desharnais arrived in Fribourg yesterday. He will wear number 51 during his stay with Fribourg. His playing license was not activate yet, our GM want to wait after the week-end to see how negotiation between the NHLPA and the NHL goes, and since our next championship match is next Friday. But Desharnais should be able to play Monday against Pardubice (CZ) in the European Trophy, since this competition is not under the auspices of the International Ice Hockey Federation.

Old
11-10-2012, 06:17 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:

We already have a no1 for the future and his name is Galchenyuk. This means Desharnais can be a second or even third line center in a exploitation role. Or a winger in the top6. Its not like we have a surplus of playmaking forwards.

He is a filler as a first line center until Gally arrives in MTL - thats true. Were you take a strange logic leap however is when you appear to think its no1 center or nothing. For instance say we acquire a better left winger than Pacioretty does this mean we need to trade Pacioretty? You can have multiple good players at one position, its called depth, and that is what wins stuff. Its not unheard of for teams to have more than 4 natural centers in the lineup and its certainly not a bad thing - not only can we replace an injured player easily, we can even do so on the spot! Its also good for faceoffs in important situations - center no1 takes more risk and if he gets thrown out of the FO circle center no2 can make a good effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvanoe
http://laliberte.ch/sport/je-suis-un-fabricant-de-jeu

David Desharnais arrived in Fribourg yesterday. He will wear number 51 during his stay with Fribourg. His playing license was not activate yet, our GM want to wait after the week-end to see how negotiation between the NHLPA and the NHL goes, and since our next championship match is next Friday. But Desharnais should be able to play Monday against Pardubice (CZ) in the European Trophy, since this competition is not under the auspices of the International Ice Hockey Federation.
If Simon Gamache is a good player there Desharnais is going to be an elite superstar

Last edited by FlyingKostitsyn: 11-10-2012 at 06:31 AM.
FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2012, 12:07 PM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
I think Plek is all around a more complete player than DD but DD has more upside. I think we have seen all we had from Plek at this point. If I had to pick a "for now" number one center I would pick DD.
no way bro DD can only play on a top line on this team

Pleks played with crap last yeaR and put up decent numbers , and didnt get DD`S ice time on the PP

dd cant kill penalties like Pleks can

Pleks is not a #1 by no means but his 50-60 pointys and all round game is betetr than DD`S finesse points

Old
11-10-2012, 12:11 PM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
We already have a no1 for the future and his name is Galchenyuk. This means Desharnais can be a second or even third line center in a exploitation role. Or a winger in the top6. Its not like we have a surplus of playmaking forwards.

He is a filler as a first line center until Gally arrives in MTL - thats true. Were you take a strange logic leap however is when you appear to think its no1 center or nothing. For instance say we acquire a better left winger than Pacioretty does this mean we need to trade Pacioretty? You can have multiple good players at one position, its called depth, and that is what wins stuff. Its not unheard of for teams to have more than 4 natural centers in the lineup and its certainly not a bad thing - not only can we replace an injured player easily, we can even do so on the spot! Its also good for faceoffs in important situations - center no1 takes more risk and if he gets thrown out of the FO circle center no2 can make a good effort.

If Simon Gamache is a good player there Desharnais is going to be an elite superstar
all I am saying if DD is on your top 6 you wont win anything

like I said before , on the Kings last year , where was he going to play

NO WHERE ... but the 13th forward

Kopitar..Richards Stoll

Brown , Carter , etc.... he wasnt going to play on this team

they play a tough in your face game with grit and DD would not fit on that team