HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Organized lockout protests - NYC

Closed Thread

Old
11-02-2012, 12:20 AM
Chileiceman

vCash: 500
Organized lockout protests - NYC

Do you guys think it'd be possible to gather enough hockey fans in Toronto and New York and stage (peaceful) protests outside the NHLPA and NHL's office one day? Of course this couldn't be a spur of the moment thing, it'd have to get media attention and enough people to want to do it for it to have any effect.

I mean I doubt it will actually have any bearing on the negotiations, but I think the message would be heard loud and clear by both sides. Thousands of angry hockey fans with inside out jerseys on (just an idea) on the Sportscenter in both countries would be an example of what we can do as fans.
The players especially need to know that the people are not all necessarily on their side as a lot of them seem to believe.

Anyone down? HF has the capability of getting things to go viral (see: Rory Fitzpatrick the all-star). These days with Twitter and Facebook its easy to spread the message.

All it would take would be one Facebook group where we all joined and invited our friends. Let guys like Mirtle, McKenzie and Wyshinski know to spread the word. Our date can be a key date before more cancellations are announced, maybe the end of this month.

I'm maybe getting a little too carried away here, but I really think there are enough upset hockey fans in those too cities (like myself) that we could get a really huge amount of people outside the offices.

We could also shamelessly promote HFBoards
I will now turn it to the masses to see what they think.

I'll start a Facebook group tomorrow afternoon and see how it goes.

Note: I've posted this thread in the main board, Rangers, Devils, Islanders and Leafs boards, in case not everyone reads the main board.

Old
11-02-2012, 01:04 AM
Groin Of Bates

Considering that we just experienced a natural disaster, the lockout is literally the last thing on my mind.

I'm locked out of ****ing gasoline. I could give two ***** about the NHL and the greedy ****s that are involved in it.

Old
11-02-2012, 01:09 AM
Tavaresfan91

Hurricane sandy...I have no power

Old
11-02-2012, 07:24 AM
Chileiceman

Yeah, I think it might be best to put this idea on hold. I hope you guys are back to normal soon. I didn't mean to be insensitive and if I was I apologize

Old
11-02-2012, 08:52 AM
Isles Junkie

My grandmas assisted living home is without power & she has to come and live with me now. I can't be bothered to protest right now.

I did hear a really interesting idea from Craig Carton of all people. he said the NHL star players who didn't go over to Europe, should organize a charity all star game, get it televised & donate the proceeds to Sandy relief efforts/victims. They can play it in any non NHL arena.

Old
11-02-2012, 09:27 AM
Fantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post
My grandmas assisted living home is without power & she has to come and live with me now. I can't be bothered to protest right now.

I did hear a really interesting idea from Craig Carton of all people. he said the NHL star players who didn't go over to Europe, should organize a charity all star game, get it televised & donate the proceeds to Sandy relief efforts/victims. They can play it in any non NHL arena.
that would be cool

Old
11-02-2012, 01:17 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
#beLIeve

This is dead for now. The NYC area has bigger things to worry about right now.