HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Oilers to Complete "Wow Factor Trade"?

Closed Thread

Old
11-02-2012, 09:14 AM
Hynh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Ya sure, sounds valid. Top line center's are regularly always traded for picks
I think you missed the joke.

Old
11-02-2012, 09:22 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Luongo, Yandle, Krejci,

Most likely players at each position I think they might target.
Would be a good fit IMO, but wouldn't Bernier be more desirable to them? Age being the main reason.

Old
11-02-2012, 09:22 AM
Chayos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jroc86 View Post
Thats called posturing and asset management. The last team that was actually terrible enough to earn 3 1st overalls in a row was the Quebec Nordiques ... Sundin, Nolan, Lindros. How many cup rings did those guys retire with?? Does Edmonton intend on having 30+ mill/year tied up with 4 forwards when their ELC's are up?

The kids are getting dangled - and depending on whats coming the other way nobody is safe. If K Lowe think hes going to squeeze a good dman and true starting goalie out of Gangners 8 point game and Hemskys 8 game un-injured streak hes crazy.

Edmonton needs a goalie and a dman(s). Nobody is going to hand them the final peice to the puzzle without getting a kid back.
Well the Nordiques did turn into the Avalanche and win 2 cups, so I guess that destroys your theory!

Old
11-02-2012, 09:24 AM
Oilin Toronto

Quote:
Ya sure, sounds valid. Top line center's are regularly always traded for picks
But it's also assinine to suggest that Kredji is worth one of the big 4. We aren't going to give you the dream deal. You already had one this century.

A fair trade would be something in the neighborhood of:
Gagner + Paajarvi (a #2 C behind Seguin + a 20 year old prospect that's very highly regarded)

For

Kredji (He will then play on a line with his fellow countrymen, and Pardubice teammate in Hemsky)

I'm reluctant to give up on Gagner (23yrs) and more importantly Paajarvi, who just turned (21).

Old
11-02-2012, 09:27 AM
Chayos

Quote:
Ok, what would you suggest Edmonton would trade for Bostons' top line 26yr old 60 to 70 point playmaking center? Let me guess: HEMSKY?
Why would the oilers trae for another small soft forward? We either need a center with size and grit or go with what we have and use the assets to aquire another need.

I would rather not trade for your 60-70 point playmaking center and see if our 40 point playmaking center rounds into a 60-70 point center.

Old
11-02-2012, 09:28 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Perhaps they will acquire Blair Jones and then Jay Feaster will say "wow, I just traded Blair Jones!".

Old
11-02-2012, 09:28 AM
Stormcrow

I get the feeling that PRV and Omark would be on the move.

Old
11-02-2012, 09:37 AM
zytz
lumberjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
The article touches on the various players Edmonton has been rumored to have interest in the past summer (Yandle, Luongo, Bouwmeester) while also saying the Oilers refuse to part ways with Hall, Eberle, RNH and Yakupov.
A deal involving a big name coming to EDM without them giving up anything of substance?

So I guess we know the writer is a poster at the HF trades forum.

Old
11-02-2012, 09:42 AM
Oilin Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
I get the feeling that PRV and Omark would be on the move.
I don't want to give up on PRV, unless it's something significant coming back. He's a, just turned 21 year old player who skates like the wind, is a hard worker, has great attitude, and is just learning the North American game. I feel that he just lost his confidence a little. He came onto the team at the same time as Eberle and Hall, and just got lost in the shuffle a little. Once he adjusts, he's going to be all right.

As Oilers fans, we have to learn to be patient with this team. Unlike other Oiler teams, they will get there. No need to make drastic trades.

Old
11-02-2012, 09:51 AM
NYVanfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilin Toronto View Post
I don't want to give up on PRV, unless it's something significant coming back. He's a, just turned 21 year old player who skates like the wind, is a hard worker, has great attitude, and is just learning the North American game. I feel that he just lost his confidence a little. He came onto the team at the same time as Eberle and Hall, and just got lost in the shuffle a little. Once he adjusts, he's going to be all right.

As Oilers fans, we have to learn to be patient with this team. Unlike other Oiler teams, they will get there. No need to make drastic trades.
but can you keep, pay and grow all that top 6 talent?
is there even enough icetime?

Old
11-02-2012, 09:58 AM
Hynh

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYVanfan View Post
If the time comes that a player is too costly to keep, wouldn't his trade value be higher than when he's underperforming? Among teams that can spend to the cap, the Oilers have more flexibility than anyone except the Red Wings and Capitals in 2013-14.

Old
11-02-2012, 09:58 AM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
But it's also assinine to suggest that Kredji is worth one of the big 4. We aren't going to give you the dream deal. You already had one this century.

Gagner + Paajarvi (a #2 C behind Seguin + a 20 year old prospect that's very highly regarded)

For

Kredji (He will then play on a line with his fellow countrymen, and Pardubice teammate in Hemsky)

I'm reluctant to give up on Gagner (23yrs) and more importantly Paajarvi, who just turned (21).
Krejci
Bergeron
Seguin
Kelly
Peverly
Campbell

All centers, Boston would have no use for Gagner so he needs to be removed from the offer. Paajarvi is so-so prospect at this point, however not worth Krejci.

Lucic
Horton
Seguin
Marchand
Peverly

All currently playing wing, all would play over Paajarvi.

I'm not suggesting Krejci's value is one of the "big 4", but outside of those 4 kids there isnt anything that would entice Boston to move their top line center. No combination off Hemsky Gagner Whitney will get a deal done. Boston is an annual Cup contender, so they wont be forking over top line centers for draft picks either. These teams do not match up well for "wow factor" deals is all im saying.

Old
11-02-2012, 09:59 AM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayos View Post
Well the Nordiques did turn into the Avalanche and win 2 cups, so I guess that destroys your theory!
They also did that through turning one top tier asset into several lesser ones, so his theory still isn't wrong.

Old
11-02-2012, 09:59 AM
Nuck This

Quote:
Originally Posted by medhatcanuck View Post
I come in peace oiler fans, I think we can get passed the mocking and such. Vancouver and Edmonton I think could be trading partners.

Luongo, Tanev, and Schroeder

Gagner, Jones, and pick

Why. Edmonton needs top end goaltending and defencemen. Tanev is very young and has played in the SCF. He would be great on a young oilers team.

Ughhh i can already feel the condescending responses. Bring em on.
OMG...... Worst proposal ever. I wouldn't trade Luongo straight up for Gagner and Jones....... let alone giving up our best d prospect and one of our top forward prospects. Try adding Hemsky and your first than maybe.

Old
11-02-2012, 10:01 AM
Oilin Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYVanfan View Post
So we should just give him away for free!!!! What's the use in that. PRV is still on his ELC...you give him at least another year.

Old
11-02-2012, 10:02 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
As a fan of neither team, how about Hall +/- for Marc Staal +/-?

Old
11-02-2012, 10:02 AM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Why would the oilers trae for another small soft forward? We either need a center with size and grit or go with what we have and use the assets to aquire another need.

I would rather not trade for your 60-70 point playmaking center and see if our 40 point playmaking center rounds into a 60-70 point center.
What you need is a top-6 center that is talented enough to keep up statistically with the young guns Edmonton has.. Krejci is, Gagner isnt. Dont get so wrapped up in size, talent is talent. Hemsky should perhaps be moved to open up a roster spot for a winger with size. Hemsky for Clutterbuck, or Clarkson from NJ?

Old
11-02-2012, 10:04 AM
Violent By Design

So they want to make a "wow factor" trade without giving up anything of real value? Can't be that big of a trade, Luongo makes sense.

Old
11-02-2012, 10:05 AM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that what he meant was that in order for The Nordiques/Avalanche to get those 2 Stanley Cups, they traded away all three of their former 1st overall picks. Meaning that there is no guarantee that Hall, RNH, Yakupov or Eberle wouldn't be moved to complete the team transformation from young upstarts to actual contenders.

Am I the only who got what he meant when he stated that Sundin, Nolan and Lindros were all pawns the Franchise used to turn into the Stanley Cup Winners it became?

*I see that Struckbyaparkedcar also got what the other poster meant.

Old
11-02-2012, 10:08 AM
Oates2Neely

Idk, center depth of Sakic, Lindros, Sundin might have STILL won them a few Cups

Old
11-02-2012, 10:08 AM
Oilin Toronto

Quote:
Krejci
Bergeron
Seguin
Kelly
Peverly
Campbell

All centers, Boston would have no use for Gagner so he needs to be removed from the offer. Paajarvi is so-so prospect at this point, however not worth Krejci.

Lucic
Horton
Seguin
Marchand
Peverly

All currently playing wing, all would play over Paajarvi.

I'm not suggesting Krejci's value is one of the "big 4", but outside of those 4 kids there isnt anything that would entice Boston to move their top line center. No combination off Hemsky Gagner Whitney will get a deal done. Boston is an annual Cup contender, so they wont be forking over top line centers for draft picks either. These teams do not match up well for "wow factor" deals is all im saying.
I'm totally cool with that. A trade has to happen when both parties believe it works for them.

To be honest, I do not want to part with Paajarvi...you just don't give up on a 21yr old with that skillset. I personally thought he would be a very good fit for Boston, playing on the wing, and having the speed that he has. He's also a grinder type guy that has an active motor. I felt that you guys were stacked at C with Seguin (you have him listed twice as a C and a Winger), Bergeron, Kelly and Peverly. I, personally, thought you guys are weakest on the wings.

Old
11-02-2012, 10:12 AM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by medhatcanuck View Post
I come in peace oiler fans, I think we can get passed the mocking and such. Vancouver and Edmonton I think could be trading partners.

Luongo, Tanev, and Schroeder

Gagner, Jones, and pick

Why. Edmonton needs top end goaltending and defencemen. Tanev is very young and has played in the SCF. He would be great on a young oilers team.

Ughhh i can already feel the condescending responses. Bring em on.
Wow that's quite the price for Gagner and Jones... basically a 3rd liner and a 4th liner for the Canucks...

Old
11-02-2012, 10:14 AM
Sevren

Quote:

Are you saying that Gagner would take Patrice Bergeron's spot as a #2 center?

The whole point of trading Krejci is that Boston has Krejci and Seguin who can play #1 center, Bergeron as #2 center, Kelly and Peverley as #3 center, and Campbell as #4. Assuming Seguin is ready to become a full time #1 center, Boston could trade Krejci, which opens up a winger's spot on Bergeron's line because that's where Seguin currently spends most of his time. I'm not gonna say that Gagner has no value at all, but he has no value to the Boston Bruins because he wouldn't even be their #3 center.

Old
11-02-2012, 10:15 AM
crazycanuck

I don't see the Canucks trading Luongo to the Oilers unless they get one of the Oilers young guns back (no Gagner doesn't count). I also don't see how the Oilers can realistically make a "Wow factor trade" without trading one of their young guns.

Old
11-02-2012, 10:15 AM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
As a fan of neither team, how about Hall +/- for Marc Staal +/-?
Unfortunately Hall is a non-starter for any trade.
No one can replace his offensive beasting.

The team is night and day when he is and isn't in the line up.

Closed Thread