HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

The Bluth Company (360) GM League Discussion/Signup Thread PT 3: NEED RESERVES

Old
11-02-2012, 01:00 AM
dbridge
Bluth Lockout 2015

vCash: 500
has finished their block. Through 7 games, I am 4-3.
One loss was to by a score of 3-2, but really it should've been much worse, he outplayed the hell out of me that game.
Also lost to 3-2. Vinny Lecavalier was held scoreless against his former team, while Rene Bourque scored against his ex-Habs teammates, but a surge in the last minute wasn't enough to come back, despite a Matt Carle beauty end-to-end rush with 47 seconds left.
Beat and each 1-0 (Florida in a shootout). Both games were very defensive and could've gone either way.
Beat 3-2. It was a good game in general, both teams had chances, Dallas really heated things up in the last minute of the game as well.
Beat by a score of 5-0. This game might as well have been 2-0, but Ondrej Pavelec really gave up in the 3rd, allowing a weak high shot to go in as well as a squeaker through the five-hole which was put in by Bourque in the crease.
Leading the team through 7 games in scoring are Martin St. Louis (2G, 4A) and Rene Bourque (5G, 1A). Stamkos is off to a slow start with only 1 goal, which was a shorthanded goal shot by Paul Stastny that happened to bank off of Stamkos's skate. There has been some massive line-juggling as players work to find good chemistry, although the top line of Bourque-Stamkos-St. Louis has produced good results in their 2 games together. What I have learned is that Mattias Ohlund and Sami Salo can't ever be on the ice at the same time again.

dbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 03:11 AM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

after a disappointing start to the season, I was able to get some wins tonight against the Penguins, Canadiens, and Avalanche.

Vs Pens - Close game until the 3rd. I was able to cycle in the offensive zone and control the puck well.

Vs Canadiens - This went down to the wire, it was nice to get the win but I feel it could have gone either way.

Vs Avalanche - I got a bit lucky, but scoring two goals in under a minute to come from behind and win is always fun. Second time I've been able to pull that off in this league.

One thing i have to say is don't be discouraged by a so-so start. Sometimes it takes a little time to get going and there's still A TON of hockey left to play. Hoping to continue this positive momentum into the next block of games.

Chessarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 04:54 AM
Nick1219

Great game against the Sharks tonight... could tell there was something to prove after snubbing him on the Eberle deal. He wanted to prove Thornton had a chip on his shoulder after being passed on for Vermette+Korpikoski....

Vermette got the better of him for the majority game in the face off circle and I believe (memory is faint) on the score sheet until Thornton scored with about 30 seconds left or so...

Was too little too late though as the Oilers hung on for their second victory of the season with a 2-1 triumph bringing them to 2-1-1 on the year.

Hoping to get a piece of Florida tomorrow night...

Nick1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 07:02 AM
SUBdrewgANS
born into trouble

Send a message via AIM to SUBdrewgANS
Are you going to post the advanced schedules again?

also anyone who finished their block of games want to play some club tonight? My new mic should be arriving tonight.

SUBdrewgANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 09:27 AM
cbenini87

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbridge92 View Post
has finished their block. Through 7 games, I am 4-3.
One loss was to by a score of 3-2, but really it should've been much worse, he outplayed the hell out of me that game.
Also lost to 3-2. Vinny Lecavalier was held scoreless against his former team, while Rene Bourque scored against his ex-Habs teammates, but a surge in the last minute wasn't enough to come back, despite a Matt Carle beauty end-to-end rush with 47 seconds left.
Beat and each 1-0 (Florida in a shootout). Both games were very defensive and could've gone either way.
Beat 3-2. It was a good game in general, both teams had chances, Dallas really heated things up in the last minute of the game as well.
Beat by a score of 5-0. This game might as well have been 2-0, but Ondrej Pavelec really gave up in the 3rd, allowing a weak high shot to go in as well as a squeaker through the five-hole which was put in by Bourque in the crease.
Leading the team through 7 games in scoring are Martin St. Louis (2G, 4A) and Rene Bourque (5G, 1A). Stamkos is off to a slow start with only 1 goal, which was a shorthanded goal shot by Paul Stastny that happened to bank off of Stamkos's skate. There has been some massive line-juggling as players work to find good chemistry, although the top line of Bourque-Stamkos-St. Louis has produced good results in their 2 games together. What I have learned is that Mattias Ohlund and Sami Salo can't ever be on the ice at the same time again.
I agree I outplayed you and I must admit that was a real class act on your part when one of us (maybe both) lost connection to EA servers while I was up 1-0 and let me take a 1-0 lead when we restarted (although the 1-0 lead was very shortlived).

While I may of outplayed you I don't know if you remember the play but there was a play where u passed it cross crease and deked across the goal and Lehtenon dove across and made the save. I couldn't believe it. One of the best saves I've seen in this game. The game prob should have been headed to OT.

While 7-1, the majority of my games have been close, including a win with 22 seconds against Pitt, getting completely outplayed by the Rangers, a win in overtime against Toronto and surviving against Dallas and my record could easily be 3-5 or 2-6.

cbenini87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 09:38 AM
Gary83*

with a very slow and bad start to the season, 1-3-1, currently regretting previous GM Mcnumbnuts for his offer sheet to Marchand even more mind boggling is it was a two year contract, looking like it might shape up to be a nice pick heading Boston's way.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 09:39 AM
xX Hot Fuss

Isles winning the cup thus year...calling it now

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 10:53 AM
cbenini87

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Ha. While I'm playing extraordinarily well, I'm worried how the sim periods will treat me.

Old
11-02-2012, 10:57 AM
That Habs Fan
CH fan in TO

Starting the season 3-4 was not the what I was looking for, but I'm loving the new makeup of the Habs this season. A couple of those losses (Buffalo, Ottawa) could have easily gone to overtime, I've been pretty unlucky thus far but them's the breaks

Last edited by That Habs Fan: 11-02-2012 at 11:27 AM.
That Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 11:10 AM
Price 89

Started season with a tough loss to Chicago but Detroit has now won 6 straight!

Price 89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 11:12 AM
SUBdrewgANS
born into trouble

even though I didn't get off to a great start either.. (2-2-3) I am loving my team..

My top 6 (or 9 for that matter) have been great
I feel comfortable with any of my top 3 lines defensive capabilities when they're on the ice
My 4th line, not so much.

Benn - Kopitar - Frolik
Neal - Richards - Grabner
Penner - Stoll - Loktionov

A great mix of Speed, Defensive Awareness, and Offensive Ability.
- Frolik and Grabner give so much speed coming down the right side.. both have amazing acceleration.
- Benn, Neal, and Penner have sniping powers (Grabner is in this discussion as well)
- Kopitar, Richards, & Stoll are a great 1-2-3 punch of great defensive play down the middle. To bad Stoll is the only one of them that can win a faceoff regularly.

Old
11-02-2012, 11:38 AM
That Habs Fan
CH fan in TO

I am debating calling up Galchenyuk even though it's still early and he's still just a 63.

My top 9 right now is nice, but lacking offensive punch:
Pacioretty-Lecavalier-Gionta
Cole-Plekanec-Purcell
Moen-Eller-Palushaj

Thinking Galchenyuk would work well in Moen's spot, but I'm just wondering how that will effect his progression...especially in terms of his faceoff rating.

That Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 11:43 AM
SUBdrewgANS
born into trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHamps View Post
I am debating calling up Galchenyuk even though it's still early and he's still just a 63.

Cole-Plekanec-Purcell
Moen-Eller-Palushaj

Thinking Galchenyuk would work well in Moen's spot, but I'm just wondering how that will effect his progression...especially in terms of his faceoff rating.
I generally dont call up prospects until they're at least a 70 OVR and not a regular on the NHL roster until they reach 73-75 and up area, but that doesn't mean it's not worth a shot.

My thinking is, they wont play much on the NHL club since with that overall they'd most likely be playing on the 3rd/4th line so it may hurt their progression.. I dont know if that is actually the case or not..

Old
11-02-2012, 11:47 AM
cbenini87

Quote:

Cole-Plekanec-Purcell
Moen-Eller-Palushaj

Is there a forum regarding the progression issue or maybe somewhere where that question is answered? I looked but couldn't find anything. Does it matter what you're doing with your players? Does it matter whether they are starting and performing in the NHL, not performing, scratched, in the AHL? From what I gathered, it doesn't really matter but then again, I have no idea.

Lehtenon had the best GAA in the league last year, has high potential, is young and his rating actually went down.

Joensuu did pretty much nothing for NYI last year, pretty sure he was in the AHL most of the year and his rating jumped up 14 points. I really have no idea, maybe somebody else knows or this question is answered somewhere on a forum somewhere over the interweb.

Old
11-02-2012, 01:18 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbenini87 View Post
Is there a forum regarding the progression issue or maybe somewhere where that question is answered? I looked but couldn't find anything. Does it matter what you're doing with your players? Does it matter whether they are starting and performing in the NHL, not performing, scratched, in the AHL? From what I gathered, it doesn't really matter but then again, I have no idea.

Lehtenon had the best GAA in the league last year, has high potential, is young and his rating actually went down.

Joensuu did pretty much nothing for NYI last year, pretty sure he was in the AHL most of the year and his rating jumped up 14 points. I really have no idea, maybe somebody else knows or this question is answered somewhere on a forum somewhere over the interweb.

Quote:
Player Progression has been completely re-written this year for NHL 13. The new system allows players to have a target they grow to but not every player grows at the same pace. You can have late bloomers, early growers and players that grow at a constant pace. Players can also surpass their targets so that a late draft pick can really become that diamond in the rough just like Henrik Lundqvist is.

We have also added a feature that was requested by a lot of fans. Statistic based growth will be in NHL 13. This allows players to grow based how they performed in the previous season and gives them an added attribute boost for the next year.
Best answer i could find.

http://www.incgamers.com/2012/09/nhl...ure-interview/

slightlystewpid420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 01:36 PM
SUBdrewgANS
born into trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
yeah.. how else do you explain Frolik's massive jump?

Old
11-02-2012, 01:36 PM
stevezz

delete

stevezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 01:40 PM
Stockey
Let's Go Buffalo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Islanders suck bro

Stockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 01:43 PM
cbenini87

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
"We have also added a feature that was requested by a lot of fans. Statistic based growth will be in NHL 13. This allows players to grow based how they performed in the previous season and gives them an added attribute boost for the next year. With our New player growth and the all-new GM Brain we are providing one the best Franchise modes around."

Sad that they are just BSing all the fans of NHL13. Lehtenon and Duchene, with the seasons they just had are prime examples of why that is nonsense.

Old
11-02-2012, 01:47 PM
cbenini87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockey View Post
Islanders suck bro
Haters gonna hate. This is my conference.

Old
11-02-2012, 01:48 PM
avsfan89

Duchene should be at least an 89 this year after last season, Landy and O'Reilly have career years yet get nothing at all.

avsfan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 01:52 PM
DoubleK81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockey View Post
Islanders suck bro
They would probably be MUCH better without Neiderreiter.

DoubleK81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 02:03 PM
HaroldDruken

Quote:

Cole-Plekanec-Purcell
Moen-Eller-Palushaj

I'm rocking Faksa on my 2nd line right meow and he's only a 60... lol.

HaroldDruken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 02:08 PM
Stockey
Let's Go Buffalo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbenini87 View Post
Haters gonna hate. This is my conference.
You're conference?
We are eight games in and you think it's your conference?
You can talk when you are the #1 seed at the end of the season.

Stockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 02:14 PM
Nick1219

Whoever said Florida was one of the best teams in the league threw a huge target on the poor guy's back haha. Brought my A game against him held him to 6 or 8 shots and pulled out a 3-1 win... Great game though.

Vermette proving the doubters wrong early... 5 assists on the 9 Oilers goals that have been scored and going 65% in the face off circle. Korpikoski has been a no show thus far, but it's still early and the offense has been sputtering lately.

Nick1219 is offline   Reply With Quote