HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

News from Around the League - Part XXXIV - November Rain

Closed Thread

Old
11-01-2012, 05:36 PM
njdevils1982
Chico for HOF!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I wonder if Paul Martin is still cooking him breakfast every morning?
if he is there's waay too much butter on that toast.

(martin was softer then butter and i was never sold on his weak ****)

Old
11-01-2012, 06:49 PM
Baggy Spandex
Boat movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middletown Mike View Post
It's really hard for me to give a **** about the players demands with all the damage I've seen from around here. Some people, your fans, lost everything and your arguing over money when the league minimum is 500K? Get a grip of the real world.
I get it, but I also get avoiding the "slippery slope", the "where will it end?". I agree, they seem to be losing perspective in real life, but for them this is real life. They are advertising salespeople first, atheletes second. Any time you're in the position of making other people more money, you have to protect your own. This can be said for both parties.

Old
11-01-2012, 06:54 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middletown Mike View Post
It's really hard for me to give a **** about the players demands with all the damage I've seen from around here. Some people, your fans, lost everything and your arguing over money when the league minimum is 500K? Get a grip of the real world.
It's the same thing Dan Ellis ran into. I don't think these athletes realise that nobody else is sympathetic to their "money problems" except maybe the high end actors and musicians.

Old
11-01-2012, 06:57 PM
CerebralGenesis

The spoiled players are beyond greedy. I don't support them in the least bit.

Old
11-01-2012, 07:15 PM
Feed Me A Stray Cat

Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
Quote:
I wonder if Paul Martin is still cooking him breakfast every morning?
Doubt it. He'd probably break his wrist spreading the butter on the toast.

Old
11-01-2012, 07:21 PM
Bleedred
Zubrus blows! GTFO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feed Me A Stray Cat View Post
Doubt it. He'd probably break his wrist spreading the butter on the toast.
LOL! That was James Neal who was on the NHL 36 show who was over at Paul Martin's eating breakfast right? Or was that somebody else?

Old
11-01-2012, 07:52 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
LOL! That was James Neal who was on the NHL 36 show who was over at Paul Martin's eating breakfast right? Or was that somebody else?
Don`t mess up with James` hair! He hates it. That was the best part.

Old
11-02-2012, 08:49 AM
downtown56

TSNBobMcKenzie: Expectation is NHL will cancel Winter Classic later today.

Old
11-02-2012, 09:11 AM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
herecomethepretzels

vCash: 300
The season is cooked. I'm convinced now.

Absolutely incredible the lack of common sense by both sides on how badly this reflects on the sport.

Pie can't compete with cake. Put candles in a cake it's a birthday cake. Put candles in a pie, someone's drunk in the kitchen. - Jim Gaffigan
Old
11-02-2012, 09:42 AM
Sir Fenwick Corsi
N U M B E R S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
The season is cooked. I'm convinced now.

Absolutely incredible the lack of common sense by both sides on how badly this reflects on the sport.
The one thing I've learned about the NHL through the years is that you can't be surprised by anything that they do. Each side has their agenda and it is what it is. As I've been saying all along, they'll never have the opportunity to act this way if the fans of the sport finally say enough is enough.

I know I'm a diehard fan of the sport, but they have truly managed to turn me off as a fan. 3 rounds of this petty ******** is enough for me. Both sides, imho, have absolutely no regard for the game, it's history, or the paying customer. And in light of what has happened to the East Coast this past week, these pigs and their petty labor dispute don't mean dick right about now.

Perhaps these owners and players could set their "differences" aside and maybe make some kind of donation towards the disaster that just took place? I mean it's not as if there are several teams and a good portion of the players who conduct their business here, right? ****, the NHL offices are in NYC as well. But no worries, let the rich keep arguing over the revenue of their bush league. It's starting to feel like a lot of people really don't give a **** anymore. And that's pretty sad considering how little attention this league received in the first place.

I can honestly say that I hope they do cancel the stupid season and don't come back for a very loooong time. Owners, players, well these people are so out of touch with the common folk that it's just so pathetic at this point.

Last edited by Sir Fenwick Corsi: 11-02-2012 at 09:47 AM.
Old
11-02-2012, 10:14 AM
CerebralGenesis

People also tweeting that it won't be cancelled today.

And Dreger said they are setting up meetings for this weekend and/or next week so my lockout pool guess is getting closer and closer

Old
11-02-2012, 11:02 AM
Ilkka Pikachu

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=408664

Goodbye player leverage

Old
11-02-2012, 11:50 AM
CerebralGenesis

Whelp nevermind, looks like the WC is gonna get scrapped. Looks like the next deadline is the end of January? What will players do when they lose another full year and essentially 2 years worth of % of revenues?

Old
11-02-2012, 12:08 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
Whelp nevermind, looks like the WC is gonna get scrapped. Looks like the next deadline is the end of January? What will players do when they lose another full year and essentially 2 years worth of % of revenues?
New report says NHL backing away from canceling Winter Classic: "Despite NHL lockout, Winter Classic not dead yet".

Just bluffing, they want to push the PA in the corner and get it done asap.

Old
11-02-2012, 12:13 PM
Ilkka Pikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
New report says NHL backing away from canceling Winter Classic: "Despite NHL lockout, Winter Classic not dead yet".

Just bluffing, they want to push the PA in the corner and get it done asap.
This is what I'm thinking. They want to organise a meeting with the PA while holding a finger near the cancel button.

Old
11-02-2012, 12:24 PM
CerebralGenesis

It's mind numbing that a deal isn't done yet, from both side's perspective. Since both sides only care about $$$, isn't it obvious this is hemorrhaging more than making slight concessions?

And the players have to "implore" Fehr to return to the table and negotiate? He's in charge doing what right now exactly? He's gonna try and kill a 2nd sport.

Old
11-02-2012, 12:51 PM
Bleedred
Zubrus blows! GTFO!

What does everyone think a player like Marty thinks about this? We know how Moose, Bryce, and other older players feel. They're very outspoken union guys. Marty's knows the end is near. He wants to play again. You think he cares about all this union BS? He gave the interview about understanding, and being for what these guys are fighting for, but he wasn't all ''We really trust Don, blah blah blah blah'' Or ''I'm willing to sacrifice my career so the young guys can keep this thing going'' like POS Sean O'Donnell said recently.

You're seeing a lot of old guys like O'Donnell say that. It's laughable. It's like a politician who has to side with their party on EVERYTHING! O'Donnell's career is probably over anyway regardless if play starts back today, or a whole year cancelled. Who's he kidding?

By the way he was our WORST defensemen in the 01 playoffs, and SCF. What a JABRONI.

Old
11-02-2012, 01:43 PM
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.

If the WC goes byebye then they might as well just cancel the season.

Or they should play a 28game schedule, in-conference only, 1home/1away Top 8 make playoffs.

That would be nice and I would have almost no interest in an 82 game season if it is as pressure-filled and anxiety inducing as it should.

It'll never happen but I can dream.

Old
11-02-2012, 01:45 PM
Feed Me A Stray Cat

Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
I'm not sure why so many people associate canceling the WC with cancelling the season.

In order not to potentially jeopardize millions of dollars, and to create a bargaining point for the PA, the NHL cancelled the WC. Doesn't really have any implication on if the entire season will be cancelled.

Old
11-02-2012, 01:46 PM
Bleedred
Zubrus blows! GTFO!

I'd love an 82 game season if it ended with the SCF in July. However you'll see some really bad ice. Like Bank Atlantic, and the TB Times Forum down here have bad ice in the Fall as late as December, and sometimes as early as February down here.

We all saw how horrible the MSG ice was in May during the ECF.

Old
11-02-2012, 02:00 PM
CerebralGenesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feed Me A Stray Cat View Post
I'm not sure why so many people associate canceling the WC with cancelling the season.

In order not to potentially jeopardize millions of dollars, and to create a bargaining point for the PA, the NHL cancelled the WC. Doesn't really have any implication on if the entire season will be cancelled.
holla

Old
11-02-2012, 02:11 PM
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.

Its more a matter of feeling than a legitimate connection FMASC.

They care so much about the game that theyve lost games and now they are canceling their biggest regular season TV moment.

If this is how much they care, why should I care? They want to piss away all the good theyve done since 04-05? Ok, Im beyond caring. Thats my point.

Old
11-02-2012, 02:37 PM
CerebralGenesis

There's gotta be a taylor swift song for this.

Old
11-02-2012, 03:17 PM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

I know everyone says this, but I am seriously considering not coming back when these fools decide to play again, because after putting us through this for the 2nd time in a decade I really don't think it'll ever be the same for me. For the first time since I've starting following the sport, I have absolutely no respect for this league or the slimy, greedy, heartless, players and owners who care about nothing but dollar signs - a sickening fact given the disaster that hit the tri-state area recently.

In short, **** the NHL.

Old
11-02-2012, 03:40 PM
Sir Fenwick Corsi
N U M B E R S

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessarmy View Post
I know everyone says this, but I am seriously considering not coming back when these fools decide to play again, because after putting us through this for the 2nd time in a decade I really don't think it'll ever be the same for me. For the first time since I've starting following the sport, I have absolutely no respect for this league or the slimy, greedy, heartless, players and owners who care about nothing but dollar signs - a sickening fact given the disaster that hit the tri-state area recently.

In short, **** the NHL.
This is exactly how I feel. I mean I wan't to watch hockey and I want to continue being invested in the Devils and the NHL, however, I just can't bring myself to feel good about anything involved with this league right now. I understand it's a business. I never pretended that it wasn't and I never expected for players to "care" for me and all that jazz but this rich people fighting over money act is just really played out. It's ****ing sad.

I'm still waiting for the NHL or some players to step up and address the distruction on the East Coast. Oh right, the owners and players are both too busy crying poverty.

Closed Thread