HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ottawa Senators Playing Elsewhere During The Lockout Thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-01-2012, 03:18 PM
Kentti

vCash: 500
Karlsson played today and got 10 minutes for misconduct at the end of OT @ 65:00. I didn't see the game so I don't why.

NOV 1, 2012: JOKERIT @ HPK 2 - 3 S/O
G 0, A 0, P 0, +/- +0, PIM 10, S 4, TOI 26:04

Erik's stats after 13 games: G 3, A 5, P 8, +/- +11, PIM 10, S 95, average TOI 25:28

Old
11-01-2012, 03:32 PM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

Thatta boy Karlsson!

Proud of you.

Old
11-01-2012, 04:20 PM
Tyskie
#Lehnsanity

His point totals have dropped considerably after his first few games. Can anyone watching tell me if he has been working of his defense (remember him talking about playing the defensive role in his pairing).

Old
11-01-2012, 04:23 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyskie View Post
His point totals have dropped considerably after his first few games. Can anyone watching tell me if he has been working of his defense (remember him talking about playing the defensive role in his pairing).
There's rules in Finland that if you're better than everyone at something, it's seen as very noble to play modestly and blend in with others.

Karlsson, though brash; also very culturally aware.

Old
11-01-2012, 04:37 PM
Kentti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyskie View Post
The games I've seen, he's been as good as ever. The points just haven't come. A lot of Jokerit goals start with Karlsson but he's like the third or fourth passer, especially on PP. One of the main reasons might be that lately he hasn't been playing with Eronen. Jokerit Captain, dman Väänänen, was in a flu for a couple of games and Karlsson was not paired with Eronen.

But Eronen played today and so did Väänänen. I have no clue why Erik didn't play with Eronen. It's obvious Karlsson gets points with his trusted Jokerit pair.

Old
11-01-2012, 04:52 PM
Tyskie
#Lehnsanity

Good to know, thanks.

Old
11-01-2012, 04:55 PM
Kentti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beville View Post
Thatta boy Karlsson!

Proud of you.
Just heard from people who did see the game. Karlsson was frustrated and shot the puck hard to the side of the rink well after OT had ended.

Also he wasn't at his best today and the team played a bad game. No wonder Karlsson gets frustrated when his teammates cannot score from his passes. He'd had a couple of points today if there'd been NHL caliber players playing on his team. Aside from Filppula.

Old
11-01-2012, 05:05 PM
HavlatMach9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentti View Post
He'd had a couple of points today if there'd been NHL caliber players playing on his team. Aside from Filppula.
That's what we were saying last year too . He always plays with passion.

Old
11-01-2012, 06:34 PM
Kentti

And highlights from today's Karlsson's game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGpsaWGNYy0

Old
11-01-2012, 09:51 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Just heard from people who did see the game. Karlsson was frustrated and shot the puck hard to the side of the rink well after OT had ended.

Also he wasn't at his best today and the team played a bad game. No wonder Karlsson gets frustrated when his teammates cannot score from his passes. He'd had a couple of points today if there'd been NHL caliber players playing on his team. Aside from Filppula.
Same old story for Jokerit for several seasons now, can't finish their chances. Shooting percentages for Jokerit forwards are probably the lowest in the league. As for Karlsson defensive partner switching, Eronen has played the last season or two with Ossi Väänänen and they have proven chemistry. They are a much better fit than Lindbohm and Väänänen. Lindbohm's a yound kid (Blues draft pick) and his inexperience shows at times, but theoretically he's a better fit for Karlsson as the big, physical defensive dman.

Old
11-02-2012, 10:33 AM
L'Aveuglette
Restin' my groin.

How is Spezza doing?

Old
11-02-2012, 10:39 AM
Indy on the Road
From the ground up

Spezza's line:

13GP, 5G, 8A, 13P, 44SOG, +0, 4PIM

Del Zotto just joined his team.

Old
11-02-2012, 12:31 PM
playasRus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Senators Fan View Post
Spezza's line:

Beef

Old
11-02-2012, 01:04 PM
L'Aveuglette
Restin' my groin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Senators Fan View Post
Spezza's line:

Not exactly lighting up the league eh?

Old
11-02-2012, 01:09 PM
Indy on the Road
From the ground up

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Aveuglette View Post
Not quite no, but he has the best P/G on his team by far and has cracked the top 20 in the league.

Old
11-02-2012, 01:11 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Players don't go overseas to work their hardest and try and win the league scoring title.

Make a little money, see the world and don't get hurt.

Old
11-02-2012, 01:13 PM
L'Aveuglette
Restin' my groin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Players don't go overseas to work their hardest and try and win the league scoring title.

Make a little money, see the world and don't get hurt.
I've got no problem with it. Just making an observation.

Old
11-02-2012, 01:24 PM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

Quote:

Ahaha, Classic EK... Yeah straight 10 for anyone, ahh well not to worry... No dramas...

Old
11-02-2012, 06:08 PM
Poolshark

Spezza today with Del Zotto on the ice, they had some very good moves. For our fourth goal they gave the assists.
Statistics: http://www.nationalleague.ch/NL/spie...20131105071119
Edit, Highlights: http://www.bluewin.ch/de/index.php/1...sset_id=133078

Last edited by Poolshark: 11-02-2012 at 06:34 PM.
Old
11-02-2012, 06:26 PM
R2010

Quote:
He has similar stats to Nash and Thornton

Old
11-02-2012, 06:30 PM
HavlatMach9

Sure the players aren't trying as much as they do in the NHL, but it's not as if Spezza is passing to the great Greening and Michalek like last season.

Old
11-02-2012, 06:48 PM
Poolshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 View Post
Sure the players aren't trying as much as they do in the NHL, but it's not as if Spezza is passing to the great Greening and Michalek like last season.
Wouldn't say that Spezza isn't trying as much as he can, I think if you're a sports man you try always to give your best, and as far as I can see Spezza is a big sports man. He's highly accepted in the team and he also affected Del Zotto to come over and join the lakers. If the whole thing would be equal to him, he wouldn't have done that.
But it's a different game here, some NHL Players will get used to it easier, others need more time. For our part, we're happy with Spezza he's new in the team but he's already a leader who takes the responsibility. Last year Rapperswil-Jona was the rear end light of the whole league, this year we fight lively for a place in the Play Offs, Spezza is now an important part in this rise. The fans feel for the time of this lockout, that he is one of us and they give him the respect he deserves.

Old
11-02-2012, 06:52 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolshark View Post
Wouldn't say that Spezza isn't trying as much as he can, I think if you're a sports man you try always to give your best, and as far as I can see Spezza is a big sports man. He's highly accepted in the team and he also affected Del Zotto to come over and join the lakers. If the whole thing would be equal to him, I don't think he whould have done that.
But it's a different game here, some NHL Players will get used to it easier, others need more time. For our part, we're happy with Spezza he's new in the team but he's already a leader who takes the responsibility. Last year Rapperswil-Jona was the rear end light of the whole league, this year we fight lively for a place in the Play Offs, Spezza is now an important part in this rise. The fans feel for the time of this lockout, that he is one of us and they give him the respect he deserves.
If you've played a lot of competitive sports you know that when you play down a level, you can try as hard as you want, but you'll be below your best on most nights whether you like it or not. And that's before you consider the fact they are trying to stay healthy as well.

There's really no sense in getting worked up about any players stats as he plays oversees in the lockout. But it would look poor if a top NHLer wasn't at or near the top of the team in scoring.

Old
11-02-2012, 07:20 PM
Poolshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
If you've played a lot of competitive sports you know that when you play down a level, you can try as hard as you want, but you'll be below your best on most nights whether you like it or not. And that's before you consider the fact they are trying to stay healthy as well.

There's really no sense in getting worked up about any players stats as he plays oversees in the lockout. But it would look poor if a top NHLer wasn't at or near the top of the team in scoring.
I agree with you! It's a team sport, you're also below your top level because your team mates aren't on your level, you adapt your game to them. It's clear it makes no sense if you're passing brilliant but no one can catch your pass, next time your pass is less brillant but your team mates are able to make more out of it, then it helps the team anyway. But I would deny 100% to the statement that he's not trying to give his best, I think that wouldn't reflect his character in a fair way! In the past I saw other playes in our colors which where not half that active and motivated as he seems to be, and that were players with regular contracts, regular salary etc..
And he is on the top of the team in scoring, and has less games played than the others
http://www.nationalleague.ch/NL/club...rswil_jona.php

So there is no reason for beeing spiteful or hate on him (sometimes it sounds like that in this discussion...). You should be happy that he's using this chance and will be in a top shape when he returns back home!
He's a player that deserves the respect, he has his hockey Heart on the right place, although he's a star he's a nice and moderate guy...my impression!

Old
11-02-2012, 08:01 PM
Kentti

I already posted this same message to Regin thread but here's it again.

Regin has signed a contract with Rauma Lukko in the Finnish Elite League.

He's the fifth Danish player in the team. They already have backup goalie Simon Nielsen, and NHL players Frans Nielsen, Mikkel Bödker and Philip Larsen.

Source: http://www.iltasanomat.fi/nhl/art-1288513236539.html

Closed Thread