HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Winter Classic Ticket Info

Old
11-02-2012, 04:00 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

vCash: 500
Feeling sick to my stomach like many with the games being cancelled. My question now is buying my Alumni Game tickets from stub hub what return options do I have? I know original ticket buyers have an option to keep tickets for 2014 or recieve a refund...I assume since I'm a second hand buyer my only option is a full refund?

ALF AmericanLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 08:12 PM
juiceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF AmericanLionsFan View Post
Feeling sick to my stomach like many with the games being cancelled. My question now is buying my Alumni Game tickets from stub hub what return options do I have? I know original ticket buyers have an option to keep tickets for 2014 or recieve a refund...I assume since I'm a second hand buyer my only option is a full refund?
I'll repost from LGW to here:

Stubhub will automatically refund you your money + fees that you paid out. You do not have to do anything. I believe in this case, Stubhub did not actually process your money to the seller's account due to the uncertainty of the event. They took your payment, but held it basically. So, there should be no issue of refunding you your money & taking money back from the seller, especially if he wants to hold onto the tickets for the next season.

juiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 08:25 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman View Post
I'll repost from LGW to here:

Stubhub will automatically refund you your money + fees that you paid out. You do not have to do anything. I believe in this case, Stubhub did not actually process your money to the seller's account due to the uncertainty of the event. They took your payment, but held it basically. So, there should be no issue of refunding you your money & taking money back from the seller, especially if he wants to hold onto the tickets for the next season.
Talked to Stubhub and not satisfied with their answer. They are trying to tell me the only thing that is cancelled is the Winter Classic and the Alumni game is a contingent event. when it has been specifically stated by the NHL all events associated with the Winter Classic would be cancelled as well...This better not be a long process in getting my money back. NOT liking the sound of this already

Old
11-02-2012, 09:37 PM
juiceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF AmericanLionsFan View Post
Talked to Stubhub and not satisfied with their answer. They are trying to tell me the only thing that is cancelled is the Winter Classic and the Alumni game is a contingent event. when it has been specifically stated by the NHL all events associated with the Winter Classic would be cancelled as well...This better not be a long process in getting my money back. NOT liking the sound of this already
I think it's just a matter of them not being fully informed as to what events are included with the Winter Classic. I just checked their website, and it still shows all of the games at Comerica Park, but not the Winter Classic itself. Give it a couple of weeks and see what happens. I know that it will take about 4-6 weeks for the credit from Ticketmaster to show up on my credit card. Unfortunately, these things tend to drag out a lot longer than they should.

juiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 01:09 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman View Post
I think it's just a matter of them not being fully informed as to what events are included with the Winter Classic. I just checked their website, and it still shows all of the games at Comerica Park, but not the Winter Classic itself. Give it a couple of weeks and see what happens. I know that it will take about 4-6 weeks for the credit from Ticketmaster to show up on my credit card. Unfortunately, these things tend to drag out a lot longer than they should.
Yes, I'm getting that feeling too. Since they are in the business it really is there job to know and be on top of what is going on. No excuses for them. I'll be a little upset if it takes that long to get a refund. Shouldn't take that long 2 - 3 weeks tops. Thanks for the info though.