HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal WSH-TOR (Would this be something Caps fans would consider?)

Old
05-17-2006, 08:29 AM
BringGilmourBack

vCash: 500
Trade Proposal WSH-TOR (Would this be something Caps fans would consider?)

I wonder if the Caps would be interested in dealing their 4th overall selection if it meant they could get some quality youth? If so, here's what I would offer...

To Wsh:
Matt Stajan/Kyle Wellwood
Nik Antropov (might be a good fit for Alexander Ovechkin???)
Robbie Earl
Staffan Kronwall/Andy Wozniewski/Brendan Bell
Justin Pogge
1st in 06 (13th Overall)

To Tor:
Eric Fehr
1st in 06 (4th Overall)

It's just a thought guys. If you don't like it it you don't have to post. I'd like positive, constructive feedback if possible.

I know it's a big trade, but it might take something like that to get it done. Keep in mind that the 13th overall selection still will bring in a nice prospect.

Cheers

ps. The trade of course would be based on J.Staal still being available for the Leafs.

BringGilmourBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2006, 08:48 AM
strungout
Professional Killer

Why is Antropov mentioned as a "good fit" for AO? I dont get it. As for some of the other players mentioned...I like Stajan and Wellwood, but we already have 3 or 4 3rd line centers.

Earl is ok. The D Men offered dont do anything for the Caps compared to what we already have.

As for the Caps...they are not trading Fehr and are not trading down to add prospects. The Caps will be looking for quality...not quantity.

strungout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2006, 09:01 AM
stanleycaps98
I cheer for laundry

From a quantity standpoint it would work, but from a quality standpoint I would pass.

On Robbie Earl, I wish he had stayed another year at UW.

The trade proposal is probably better suited to the Hawks or Blues, who are more in revamp mode. Course, their picks are higher so it may take more.

stanleycaps98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2006, 09:05 AM
Captain Conservative

To Wsh:
Matt Stajan
Robbie Earl
Justin Pogge
1st in 06 (13th Overall)

To Tor:

1st in 06 (4th Overall)

Might do that trade

Captain Conservative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2006, 09:06 AM
txpd

First: Is there a Toronto trade proposal that doesn't include Antropov? The Caps already have that player, spelled Zubrus. Long unrealized potential, injury problems every season and mentioned in every trade rumor(or in Zubrus case traded several times).

Second. You know you are lost on a trade proposal when you have to load a shopping cart of players to try and incrementally equal the assets you want in return. It means that you are not offering anything.

Third: The Caps have a full squad of glue players and are missing the top talent required to get the glue in the win column regularly. The Caps need top half of the lineup forwards and defensemen. They need power play skilled players.

You are asking the Capitals to give you a top half of the lineup forward prospect(Fehr) that has a pretty good shot of making it as early as next season and a top 4 pick in the draft. To get that, you have to offer something that the Caps need.

If you want to talk about Kaberle or Steen, then there is a reason to talk. Nothing you offer here makes the Caps lot any better.

Try again and realize that to get something you have to give something....something other than a pile of contracts, that is.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2006, 09:11 AM
BringGilmourBack

Quote:
Originally Posted by strungout
Why is Antropov mentioned as a "good fit" for AO? I dont get it. As for some of the other players mentioned...I like Stajan and Wellwood, but we already have 3 or 4 3rd line centers.

Earl is ok. The D Men offered dont do anything for the Caps compared to what we already have.

As for the Caps...they are not trading Fehr and are not trading down to add prospects. The Caps will be looking for quality...not quantity.
Wellwood and Stajan would be more like 2nd or 3rd liners in this new NHL.
Not to mention you guys look like you could use a blue chipper in the goaltending dept.

Old
05-17-2006, 09:16 AM
BringGilmourBack

Thanks for the responses' guys

Old
05-17-2006, 09:22 AM
Kardi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Conservative
To Wsh:
Matt Stajan
Robbie Earl
Justin Pogge
1st in 06 (13th Overall)

To Tor:

1st in 06 (4th Overall)

Might do that trade
maybe in your dreams.. who would actually accept that deal? your moving down 9 spots and giving up a very good goalie prospects one of the better pking forwards in the nhl and another good prospect HUUUGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE NO

heres a tip, when thinking up a trade dont look at the trade from 1 side but from both sides, it helps ALOT

Kardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2006, 09:27 AM
BringGilmourBack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Conservative
To Wsh:
Matt Stajan
Robbie Earl
Justin Pogge
1st in 06 (13th Overall)

To Tor:

1st in 06 (4th Overall)

Might do that trade
I'm thinking (just my opinion, keep in mind) that WSH might have to sweeten the pot a lil in that proposal.

Old
05-17-2006, 09:29 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

It's not actually too bad... Remove Antropov, first.

If the teams are swapping first rounders, and you have Stajan plus a goalie prospect... Personally, if Rask is in there instead of Pogge, it's worth considering.

Stajan, Rask, #13 for the #4. Maybe even the #4 plus an early second rounder, or even the late first rounder. Then again, I am a Rask fan.

I'm not sure the Caps feel they must have a young goalie prospect in their system. It doesn't seem to be something that keeps management up at night. I think they hope to grab a Noronen or a Kiprusoff for a 2nd rounder somewhere down the line.

Whether that is wise or not, I don't know... but I don't think they are fixated in trading for a very young goalie right now. If they make a trade at some point in a year or two, with Kolzig potentially winding down, I think it will be for an NHL-ready goalie who has been a backup for a year or two and needs playing time.

Drake1588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2006, 09:56 AM
Biscuit Bullet

Send a message via AIM to Biscuit Bullet
The only leaf Id be interested in is Wellwood. Stajan is somewhat intriguing, as he should make a great two way second line center, but Im hoping Klepis can fill that role....

Biscuit Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2006, 08:54 PM
Captain Conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kardi
maybe in your dreams.. who would actually accept that deal? your moving down 9 spots and giving up a very good goalie prospects one of the better pking forwards in the nhl and another good prospect HUUUGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE NO

heres a tip, when thinking up a trade dont look at the trade from 1 side but from both sides, it helps ALOT
Stajan=Potential 2nd line center
Pogge=good goaltending prospect, prefer Rask though
Earl=Longshot 2nd line winger
13th pick=Not that valuable.

I'm just responding with what I value the 4th overall pick at. There will probably be a potential franchise center available at #4, which I value highly. The first proposal was ridiculous, taking your trash and giving up the best two assets as well. I'd be willing to add the 34th pick in the draft to sweeten the deal or take out Robbie Earl, but the 9 spots between #4 and #13 is a much larger difference than say, the 9 spots between #15 and #24. Look at the players likely to be available at the respective spots: Kessel, Backstrom and Staal vs. Williams, Sanguinetti and Wishart. Its a huge gulf in current talent and potential.

1 - Erik Johnson D
2 - Jordan Staal C
3 - Phil Kessel C
4 - Nicklas Backstrom C
5 - Jonathan Toews C
6 - Peter Mueller C
7 - Kyle Okposo RW
8 - Derick Brassard C
9 - James Sheppard C
10 - Michael Frolik RW
11 - Jiri Tlusty LW
12 - Bryan Little C